Lack of favorites = lack of interest?

Slash-LN

Rigistered Post Offender
I know there is a "I'm so bored with wrestling" thread but it got me thinking about why people get bored with wrestling.

One of the big things I've noticed for myself is I really don't have a "favorite" anymore. There isn't one guy I can say that is definitely my favorite wrestler since Shawn Michaels retired.

There are wrestlers I like but having grown up in the late '80s and especially through the '90s I feel like I was spoiled with a great crop of talent that the guys today are living up to. At least I'm not invested in them the way I was with the guys I grew up with.

So for people that go in and out of watching wrestling or are starting to get bored with the product does this play a role in your reasoning for that or is it strictly just that you don't like the storylines you're offered?

I wouldn't say that. I love CM Punk and I like Daniel Bryan, but I can't justify watching three hours of Raw just for them.

Think of it like your favourite food, but the rest of the meal is unappealing to you. Everything else has to be somewhat good, your favourite enhances that.

Well it did cut deep when Morrison left, but I had to move on. No, I don't think that's the problem. But it's like picking favourite types of salad now instead of favourite films, it's the best out of a less good bunch. It's not so much the wrestlers I blame though, but the stories and lack of creativity.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back