KOTR Tournament on RAW

where does it have a list on the WWE website? :S, wen i looked all it had was the video package including the kings & then highlights of super stars, which included
Triple H*
CM Punk*
Finlay
Matt Hardy
HBK*
Kane
Finlay
Big Show*
MVP*
Edge
Y2J*
Batista*
John Cena
Undertaker
Umaga*
Jbl
John Morrison
Randy Orton
i didnt have a good look but some1 said earlier there was a list of the competitors...
those r the 1s with stars next to them , also kennedy wasnt even in the video, he is filming some movie hence y hes bin off TV for the past 3 weeks, if any1 of the list above wins I'd hope it'd be Matt Hardy, John Morrison or MVP, MVP and Hardy will screw each other out of there matches tho so no chance there, of the given(with stars) list the only person who id want to win is MVP the rest r pointless

In the preview for the KOTR it talks about Kennedy, Punk and Finlay, so presumadly those three will be in there. Besides for them it is hard to tell, I wouldn't expect any of the guys in the Title picture to be in it, so that takes out a few stars. There will probably be one or two "stars" in it anyways, I wouldn't be shocked to see HBK in there, maybe Y2J and Umaga. It will be interesting to see who exactly participates in it, regarding the winner, I hope Kennedy wins it, it could start his push to superstar level, get him out of the midcard ranks and honestly I like the way King Kennedy........Kennedy sounds. Kennedy for the win.

God damn you people think that "WWE are making now are a disgrace to the KOTR tournament" I quote that from Agrex but in reality Raw or the WWE isn't disgracing anything espically the PPV King of the Ring. Let's face it Raw ratings are slipping people are tried of the same old same old shit ( I'm one of them) So Raw had to do something to get there ratings up and this maybe the key to doing it for them smackdown got a heat rivarly going on right now with Edge, Batista and Undertaker going on while Raw doesn't have shit going on other than Orton, Cena, and Triple H, okay I'm not here to complain you wanted some possiblites here you go : Chris Jericho, Umaga, Shawn Michaels, CM Punk, Batista, Big Show, Triple H and MVP
First round :
Shawn Micheals v Chris Jericho... Winner : HBK ( altho i do think Jericho can beat him)
CM Punk v Umaga... Winner ( upset) CM Punk
Triple H v Big Show... Winner HHH ( hands down)
MVP v Batista... Winner Batista
Second Round
Shawn Micheals v Triple H.... winner HHH
Batista vs CM Punk winner.... Batista
FINALS :::
HHH v Batista
winner HHH
this isnt finalized yet but this is my call so tell me what you guys think k
Cody Havert

Kennedy is the only guy that makes sense to win the KOTR, chances are whoever wins will have King Booker's gimmick and Kennedy fits that role perfectly. Batista, Michaels, and Jericho will not win because three of them are involved in a feud and one of them winning the KOTR will make the other two look weak in comparison, which would not be a good way to hype up their Backlash match. Triple H will not win because Orton or JBL will interfere and ruin his chances, the same goes for MVP with Matt Hardy screwing him out of a victory and Khali will probably mess around in Show's match as well(It looks like this KOTR is an easy way to build the feuds for Backlash if I am correct about my predictions). CM Punk already has the MITB Briefcase, so it would be meaningless to make him the KOTR, and Finlay and Umaga doesn't stand a chance to begin with. Kennedy is not doing anything right now, so this is a big opportunity to give him that big push and see if he got what it takes to be a future WWE Champion.

Well we wanted the return of KOTR and we got it. Well not as the PPV but I think this maybe a sort of trial to see if the return of the PPV could work. For me they are either going to take two passages on this-

1. Use it to boost ratings for the next few weeks and plug a Backlash feud by having either- HHH, Jericho, HBK or Batista winning it.

2. Continue some of the good work at Wrestlemania 24 and use the tournament to push a younger guy.

WWE.com said the participants hadn't been announced on the same page as the graphic. I think the grpahic was just to promote the KOTR and those weren't the guys who were going to be in it.

I think your eventual winner has to have a clean route to the crown. So if it was up to me heres how I would do it-

1st Round

M1-John Cena vs. Big Show- Cena wins. However Khali interferes many times and Show keeps getting back up again- or something similar- so Show loses less credibility.

M2- Mr. Kennedy vs. CM Punk- Kennedy wins clean.

M3- Shawn Michaels vs. MVP- MVP wins. Maybe Batista costs him it or something.

M4- Umaga vs. Chris Jericho- Jericho wins. If you don't use him in the HBK match then Batista could interfere on Jericho's behalf here in order to sway him for the Backlash match.

2nd Round

M1- Cena vs. MVP- Cena wins.

M2- Mr. Kennedy vs. Jericho- Kennedy wins. Sets up IC feud.

Finals

M1- Kennedy vs. John Cena- Kennedy wins. Becomes King Kennedy. It has so many possibilities with him winning its awesome. He could trace back his heritage to see if he has royal blood in him and finds he is the son of.... Vince McMahon (Its stupid I know!) I just think he would benefit from it most. What do you guys think??

One name i haven't seen mentioned by anyone yet is the rank outside possibility of someone like Lance Cade winning the KOTR, if he is even included that is. I genuinely believe that Cade has potential to go somewhere in the WWE and after raw on monday at his what i interperted as "im better than you im going places, sorry i cant tag with you anymore" pat on the shoulder to Murdoch along with his clothing style change is he not a possibility???
And the pictures of the 8 guys that was in the website was not who is definately competing as you can tell alone by the vote at the bottom of the homepage which states "Which WWE Superstar do you hope to see compete in the newly returned King of the Ring Tournament on Raw?" is confirmation of this.
Also randomly having CM Punk in the contest would for me be almost as stupid as Chavo being in this years rumble.

If Lance Cade wins the King of the Ring it will be a mock of the tournament, he is no where near deserving of winning this thing. I know some people think he has a chance to be a star, but there are guys ahead of him in line for that push. Kennedy and MVP are two that come to mind, they are closer to being Main Eventers, so one of them will probably win it. I expect Kennedy to win, that would be my guess, this role screams his name.

No way is Cade going to win this. He most likely will split from Murdoch, but he won't be pushed as the King of the Ring. Kennedy is prime for it, Morrison is right behind him in the neck and neck choice, MVP has a good shot and would be a lock if he wasn't booked to lose the US title soon to Hardy, etc. If Hardy would've been able to win the Money in the Bank, then I could've seen Punk winning the King of the Ring, but as Hardy isn't back yet and Punk has the case, we won't be seeing Punk win both. Cade's too low on the scale to warrant a KOTR designation. Two years from now, if he consistently gets better, he could have a shot, but not at the moment. The Miz even has a better chance at winning it than Cade does, but that won't happen either as there are the bigger fish to fry like Kennedy, Morrison, Benjamin, and MVP.

Ok, I already added my two cents, but I just wanna toss somthing out there again. KENNEDY WILL NOT WIN! He hasn't been on RAW in well over a month now, anytime he got a push he blew it. He probably won't even make the tourny next week, and if he does, it'll only be for the first round. Why would someone who's never around suddenly get the win in a tournament?

I dont know i was just throwin a name out there, im not sayin Cade is the best or Cade deserves it. I just think it would be a situation that would suit him perfectly, the likes of MVP and Kenneddy can sustain a great staus at anytime, give them a few wins in a row with impressive matches and bang they could be in a shout for the world title. Cade could not do this, thus it would be logical to give someone a make or break shot, if it works great, if it doesnt who cares type situation, if that makes sense. All im sayin it would give the likes of him a momentary boost to a higher level which kennedy or mvp doesnt need, as they have the ability to make it at anypoint.
ok im startin to ramble a little now and cant quite remeber my point, but anyway i dont neccessarily believe cade deserves to win but i think it would be relatively logical, not the greatest choice but fun i spose.

Ok, I already added my two cents, but I just wanna toss somthing out there again. KENNEDY WILL NOT WIN! He hasn't been on RAW in well over a month now, anytime he got a push he blew it. He probably won't even make the tourny next week, and if he does, it'll only be for the first round. Why would someone who's never around suddenly get the win in a tournament?

Kennedy hasn't been on RAW becuase he has been filming a movie for the WWE. I think if WWE see's potential with someone they are willing to give them more than one chance (See: Jeff Hardy).

I just think that even they know this guy could go somewhere. If he is available then he would be my pick to be the 2008 KOTR Winner.

I was looking at WWE.com and I was reading the KOTR article and I noticed something. In the article it talked about Kennedy and if he would become King Kennedy, it mentioned if Finlay would become the Celtic King, and if CM Punk would take his briefcase to the throne. I also noticed at the bottom of the page that it had related articles and some of them were, Kennedy's superstar page, Finlay's, Festus's, CM Punk's, and Batista's.

Looking at this my guess for the participants are: Mr. Kennedy, Finlay, CM Punk, Batista, Festus, John Morrison, Umaga, and MVP.

With this prediction I think that Mr. Kennedy will win so it can bring him up once again. They can use this to help build him up into a big fued, maybe with HHH.

if Kennedy is in it, i really want him to finally get his push going and King Kennedy would be sweet. but how they put for Finlay a Celtic King just has a nice ring to it to.

Some guys could have a nice title like

Umaga- The Samoan King/ King Of The Samoans
MVP- US King
Kennedy- King Kennedy
Finlay-Celtic king
Batista-King of the aminals
Morrison- King of Sexy

I think it's gonna be Kennedy or MVP, with the KOTR title they could get a big push.
Batista is maybe an outsider: KOTR in stead of a Title reighn.

I hope they don't make it as stupid as they did with Booker T(King Booker), that gimmick was stupid as you see what talent booker had.

I would not mind seeing william regal as King of the ring. Think anout this guy has done evrything mid card and can hang with the main event guys as well, so give him this take him out of teh general manager spot and push him.

I have 3 that I think would make GREAT KINGS!!!!

1-MY PERSONAL CHOICE: Chris Jericho-----The man is getting his mojo back. He's in the middle of a unique "angle" with Batista and HBK. He seems to be slowly turning "heel", which is his best strength! JERICHO needs this!

2-Finlay: The man can wrestle with anyone. What a great "push" this would be for him. I personally think that he deserves a good push. I would like for him to be a world champ on any show by the end of the year! Even ECW Champ would be cool. He loves to fight!

3-William Regal: The man is SO underrated!!!!! He oozes personality and talent. He and Finlay have very unique styles. Plus, the title of KING would fit his whole being. So even though I'm lobbying for Y2J, REGAL is the purest choice: KING REGAL!!!!!

I like the idea of bringing King of the Ring back once more. Last year they ran the tournament over the month and it was a Smackdown only event. I would like to have seen it started with 16 men over a month long period and maybe endin with the semi finals and the finals at the PPV. It could have provided us with some great mix ups with the Raw, ECW, and Smackdown roster. Here are my suggestions for the one nighter to make it worth while.

1. No former King of the Ring winners should be involved.
2. Only actual active wrestlers (Sorry Regal fans...I like him but he is GM)
3. No current Champions (They have a title they don;t need two titles of respect. So no MVP or Jericho)
4. No MIB contract holder. Punk has a title shot and KOTR grants the winner a shot.
5. Use only the good talent, No Snitsky, No Hacksaw, No Val Venis, No Mark Henry. Use Kofi Kingston, Kennedy, Shelton, Elijah, Matt Hardy, Carlito...etc.

This would be my suggestions.

Its a shame Mysterio is injured, as he'd be a great person to go to the finals and lose to help give some notoriety to the winner of the KOTR. That way, they go out with a bang, beating a former world champion and someone that a lot of people would consider being "a favorite" as he's a rather big star. Because there aren't any faces that are high enough on the roster but willing/would be booked to lose, I guess the best choices for "face that loses to Kennedy or Morrison in the finals" would be either Punk, Festus, or Finlay. HOWEVER...if Finlay is in this tournament, and its almost assured that he will be...if he wins any of the matches, he'd better not win via Hornswoggle interference. That'd be spitting on the concept of the competition. It isn't funny, it isn't clever, it isn't logical, and it buries ANYBODY that its done to. In this competition, to make the winner seem credible, you can't fill it with people that CAN be buried, because what's the title of King of the Ring mean when all you've done is defeated the likes of Tommy Dreamer, Stevie Richards, Trevor Murdoch, etc?

I have a feeling we are going to see Henry Henry as the Next KOTR think about it King Henry the Worlds strongest King. Plus he came very close to winning the battle royal at mania. He was put over big time by Show on Smackdown with that Bear Hug Show sold it great. I am not saying that who I want to win I would rather see umaga win but it doesn't look like they are going to push him like they were which is sad cause he is the best they have.

Giving the win to any one other than Kennedy and Morrison would be stupid. But who I see Favourite Is MRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR KKKKKKKKKKIIINNNGGG KENNEDDDYYY .... KING KENNEDY.

How awsome would that be ,first it would put him back into the ME were he was so close to getting to and deserves to.

It would take Mr.Kennedy to a whole new level and his Potential can be reached.

We would head into a new Era , similar like to Austin's

His character is screaming this gimick , And when he wins it and see him becoming like the New Austin with MR.Kennedy's own style.

It makes perfect sense as he in the only youngster without a title.

Val Venis to win it haa, not really. This isn't exactly a great idea. I'd prefere it to still have its own pay per view, and qualifying matches and so fourth. I guess pushing someone with the whole "king booker" type gimmick isn't bad though. I'd take Matt Hardy to win it, he won't though.

Well, coming from a Kennedy fan I can only HOPE that they will actually PUSH Kennedy. Now, the whole Idea of the KOTR is good, and I REALLY STILL WISH IT WAS A PAY-PER-VIEW, but anywho, as long as they don't have someone win and then be forgotten, I really don't care who wins.

But Here 3 Things That Would Piss Me Off:

1.) Jeff Hardy Winning- This would really upset me because, like Orton last year, he wouldn't get a full suspension after violating a company policy. And not only that, it makes Hardy seem like he can't be beaten.

2.) The Winner Getting The "King" Gimmick- Remember King Booker? What a lousy waste of time that was, and also a waste of talent. Because to me, it seems like Booker is STILL a good wrestler. [Of Course That is on TNA...] I don't think it will happen again, but if it should, you might as well throw that superstars carrer out the window.

3.) A Young Talent NOT Winning It- Why? Because. Do you think Triple H or The Undertaker really NEED another push? I don't. And with the endless amount of wasted talent that the WWE Posseses, (i.e. Kennedy, Morrison, MVP, ect.) it would be a shame to see this Tournament go to waste on a pre-established Superstar.

Just My Opinions Though. And This Monday, I hope to see a new King Crowned. AND HIS NAME WILL BE...

KING KENNEDY..........KENNEDY!!

MrKennedy_TurnUpTheTrouble.jpg

KENNEDY4PRES

I would like to see one of the Cryme Tyme boys to take on the knig gimmick but would like them to change it a little bit I dont want them to take it on like Booker T but im picking King Hornswoggle to win King of the Ring!!

untitledsdfgdsfgdsfg.jpg

I'm really hoping that the 8 people who have talked about winning it aren't in it because that would royally suck ass. William Regal, Mark Henry, Kofi Kingston, Cryme Tyme, Jericho, Carlito and Finlay. Could be better.

WWE will probably screw this up by making Hornswoggle win it.

I Hope Cryme Tyme steals the crown and sells it on e-bay

Im pumped for the KOTR tournament on Raw this week. However, having it all on one night on a 3 hour edition.. Im not too happy with that. There should be only 4 matches on this Raw, not the whole tournament!!!

Also, does this mean that talent lyk HHH, John Cena or Edge wont be in a match since the episode is entirely about the 8 man tournament??

However, this is a HUGE opportunity to launch a mid carder into a main eventer. CM Punk, Triple H, John Cena, Edge, HBK, Orton, Undertaker, Batista etc... SHOULD NOT WIN THIS tournament.

Its now or never to make new main eventers, because Im finding the WWE very stale atm in regards to main eventers.

The superstars I personally would like to win the KOTR are:

Mr Kennedy: this is his chance to finally be a main eventer with no obstacles in his way. This guy IS the next big thing. Enough said.

John Morrison: I see so much of Shawn Michaels in this guy it scares me. While he is definately not as gd as HBK, he is darn good in the ring and on the mic. He has shined when it matters most.. in his matches with Punk, The 2008 Royal Rumble and even in the Money in the Bank ladder match at WM24.

Shelton Benjamin: This guy is a great athlete but has basicly done nothing since 2005/2006. Since he recently moved to ECW, the chances of Shelton winning are very slim.

MVP: I love this guy. He is great and he is one of the main reasons why I watch Smackdown! He is an superb in ring performer and great on the mic. He has the whole package but he is still inexperienced as he has only been in the WWE since 2006. The longer the WWE waits, the better his main event push will be when the time comes.

Matt Hardy: Hmmmmm, well Id love to see him win it, but I can almost guarantee it wont happen. The WWE seems to always hold Matt back. I mean even tho he was recently injured, he still hasnt had a U.S title run which I hope he wins at Backlash. But, on Raw the other week when he wrestled Randy Orton, he looked damn good in the ring. It was a great match and hell, it felt like Matt was a main eventer that night.

But my 1st pick is Kennedy to win KOTR 2008. He needs to win it soo badly and he can be a great main eventer. If he doesnt win this, Im starting to wonder if we are ever gonna see him in the main event picture(or WWE title picture).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back