KOTR Tournament on RAW

the thing is ou are all saying he will be going bacl to comedy even though it was three days ago, and we have no clue where they will go with it and anyone who says differently is on something. Last week he looked good against Orton, not in comedy, this week he looked impressive and his old mean do anything to win selfduring the king of the ring. Maybe just maybe he will be used but getting bummed over something that has not happen yet is like thinking the next girl you sleep with( god I hope this applys to some one in this room, other then me) is going to suck in bed.

The comedy thing, which we're all hoping doesn't happen, looks the most likely, though, because it appears right now as if they're going to have Finlay feud with Regal.

What's the collateral damage that comes with Finlay, nowadays?

Hornswoggle.

What's Hornswoggle's purpose as of the past year?

Childish, idiotic comedy.

So Finlay + Hornswoggle vs. Regal = King of the Ring being shot with a water gun

I'm really hoping that this isn't the case, but on top of how things went down, a report said that the original plan was "CM Punk versus Kennedy" in the finals. That means that they probably were going to have something along the lines of this for the tournament:

Quarter Finals: Punk defeats someone, Regal defeats Finlay, Kennedy defeats Hardy, Jericho defeats MVP
Semi Finals: Punk defeats Regal, Kennedy defeats Jericho
Finals: Kennedy defeats Punk

But of course, without Kennedy being in it like they planned (I'm assuming the filming backed him up one extra week at the last minute, but idk) they did what they always do...panic, throw something stupid together that pushes one feud because they feel that they can't book a solid thing, so you might as well use it for one feud on the side. Whenever the WWE has to panic, they severely screw things up, so I see this being just another one of those instances. At the end of all those instances that have happened, the same thing goes on - they talk about it for a little bit, but then they try to figure out a different way of accomplishing what they wanted before.

Two examples:

1. McMahon Death. This was screwed up by Benoit. They panic, they pull the plug on the angle (rightfully so). Rumor has it that the plan was to have Kennedy be the one who helped McMahon fake his death. So what do they do? They create the Bastard Son storyline with the intent of making Kennedy the focal point. Then the steroid scandal happens and Kennedy has to be suspended. So they panic, put it on Hornswoggle and turn it into a comedy angle. This angle blows, hard, so they retcon it by saying it was all a scam. Otherwise known as "this angle was directed by Alan Smithee".

2. The ECW title. Benoit is scheduled to win it. He doesn't show up. They panic, give it to Johnny Nitro, because they'd rather have someone random come in than to just give it to the guy they wanted to built towards it. Luckily for them, Morrison started breaking out then and really becoming the great superstar he is today. So they decide to keep it on him. They have 10000 matches between he and Punk, where they obviously don't want to have Punk as the champion just yet. Morrison needs to get suspended via steroids, so they panic, have Punk win the title on ECW, and proceed to have him feud with pretty much nobody for a long while. Then, when Morrison comes back, they're already thinking about putting the belt immediately on him as their retcon to the whole situation.

The way I see it, the WWE was planning on having a Kennedy/Punk feud, with Kennedy being King of the Ring and Punk being the Money in the Bank holder (since that was another panic move after Hardy's suspension and they have nowhere for Punk to go). They would've also started a Regal/Finlay feud just for something for the two of them to do. However, with Kennedy's absence, they nixed the top feud and pushed the secondary feud to the forefront, then said "well, we can't have Punk win both, and we can't have Finlay win if we want to start a feud, so let's just give it to Regal".

Thusly, next week I wholeheartedly expect to see a Regal/Finlay feud, probably with some stupid comedy in it, as well as an out-of-the-blue Kennedy/Punk feud over either nothing or over the Money in the Bank case.

P.S. This is my 500th post :)

just a question but what report? where did the report of Kennedy and punk in the finals come from. consider the source and take all intrnet reporting with a large grain of salt, because half the time its guys with their dirt sheets who don't know what the hell they are talking about.
It could also be they are doing this to kill hornswagell like they did with the mini boogeyman.
Either way to already assume the good folks at the WWE are going to just throw Regal back into comedy makes and ass out of you them and more importantly William Regal who desrves the push.

just a question but what report? where did the report of Kennedy and punk in the finals come from. consider the source and take all intrnet reporting with a large grain of salt, because half the time its guys with their dirt sheets who don't know what the hell they are talking about.
It could also be they are doing this to kill hornswagell like they did with the mini boogeyman.
Either way to already assume the good folks at the WWE are going to just throw Regal back into comedy makes and ass out of you them and more importantly William Regal who desrves the push.

How does it make me an ass if I'm simply speculating at what is the most likely set of circumstances based on the current status of the WWE and how they've been doing things for the past several months?

I'm not saying I don't like Regal and that he should only job 24/7, I'm saying I'm not happy that there's more than a good possibility that the entire King of the Ring was scrambled just so it can push the same old repetitive comedy angle with the midget that isn't funny anymore.

If they use this opportunity to push Regal to a solid midcard status, possibly the Intercontinental title or something, then ok. That just means that they did a horrible execution job of the tournament. But if all that comes out of this is a Hornswoggle squirt gun angle, then why should I bother giving a shit when they want my money for the next ppv? Know what I mean?

well its not like regal will be on the PPv at this point anyway because of backlash but I would rather have him then the divas 12 man tag or whatever the hell it is. I agree its going to suck if they dont push it but we have no proof they wont. I would much rather see regal at the end of the title match come down and attack the winner and say he is giving himself a title match right there and then using his authority as the gm.

I was one person who used to love the whole concept of a King of the Ring tournament. Having qualifying match ups on Raw, and then a whole PPV dedicated to it. That's what the King of the Ring tournament is about. I disliked the idea of a whole Raw on this. It didn't seem like a King of the Ring. Mostly it was just matches really. When on for just a short while, it really made me focus on the prize, and the glory that came with it.

This year, that hasn't been the case. Seriously, who would have Regal as the winner; the King of the ring? Seems illogical if you ask me. He's good yeah, I've always been a fan. But look at sopme of the previous winners, then tell me he should have won it. It just seems out of place.

And, as has been announced, it wasn't huge for ratings. But really, the biggest 'main eventer' in it was Jericho. If you call him a main eventer. Where were all the huge talents of Raw? Shouldn't they have been in this thing? King of the ring should mean just that; they should be King of the ring. Regal, is far from that.

And we have to ask ourselves, why did Regal win? Is he about to get a huge push into the main event scene? Somehow I just can't see or believe that. Regal doesn't belong there. Wrestling with the likes of Cena, Orton, HHH, HBK. It just doesn't seem right. I can't see him main eventing any PPV's in future, I can't see him winning a championship. And I can't see him as the king of our ring.

With someone such as Regal winning this, does it take away from how prestigious winning the KotR is? I mean, as I said before, look at some of the winners.

Randy Savage
Arguably one of the best pro wrestlers of all time. He was a WWF champion twice, an intercontinental champion, he was named PWI wrestler of the year, he was also in a match of the year. He worked the crowd extremely well, and could work both heel and face extremely well.

Bret Hart
A really good worker with the WWE. He was a WWE champion five times I believe, as well as winning most other titles in his stay there. He's in the HOF, and won the Royal Rumble. He was on top of the company for a while before his controversial move to WCW.

Stone Cold Steve Austin
Everytime he returns it's huge. He's one of the biggest starts the WWE has produced, and is loved to be hated by fans. His accomplishments are great, winning the Rumble no less than 3 times, winning the WWF championship 6 times, and winning the tag team belts with arguably the biggest stars in WWE, among many more.

Triple H
He married the bosses daughter. What more can you say about him? There's no denying he's one of the best. He's a grand Slam champion, holding the belt 6 times, and probably counting. He's won many other accolades including wrestler, and match of the year. After all this time, he's still main eventing Mania, and still very much on the title scene. This is what a Former King of the Ring winner is all about.

Edge
The best heel in wrestling today in my opinion. He's always been great. When he started as a tag team, he won that belt 12 times; in itself that's an amazing feat. He's won the Heavyweight championship twice, and had some great matches, including winning Money in the bank twice. Add that to the 5 Intercontinental championships he's won, and you can see why he deserves to be a king of the ring.

In all honesty, does anyone else think Regal deserves that win?

Becca, i respectfully disagree with you. Yes, you've named some guys who have won KOTR, but out of the guys on the roster, i don't think anyone needed to win KOTR
James Morrison - Tag Champ, in a programme with Shannon Moore and JWY
Shelton Benjamin & Elijah Burke - Good enough but not ready to win it yet...next time maybe
CM Punk - the guy just won MITB. If he won, WWE'd be over-saturating the title seen with him. He's got his shot already
Jericho - Probably the guy who deserved it most, but he's IC champ and i'd like to see it defended on a semi-regular basis and not abandoned like when Jeff had his main event run
MVP & Matt Hardy - Good but in a programme for a mid-card title
Kennedy was out filming so he couldn't win it, otherwise i think he might have.
the top guys are all in programmes and it'd be too easy for them to be screwed by opponents.
this leaves either guys who are too green to win it, or older wrestlers, and i'd rather have a guy who is criminally underused, like booker T was, than have mark henry get the right to another push.
Regal and Finlay are probably two of the hardest workers when they're in the ring and i think Regal deserves recognition for all he's done for the business

Becca, i respectfully disagree with you. Yes, you've named some guys who have won KOTR, but out of the guys on the roster, i don't think anyone needed to win KOTR

I agree. I don't think anyone needed to win it. But I don't think Regal deserved to. And I don't think it'll mean anything, which really is my main point. For years, the King of the Ring tournament has been there to give people pushes, recognise talent, and to crown the King of the ring
I just havetrouble visualising William Regal as that guy.

a few guys have won it and done nothing - Billy Gunn, Mabel. Ok, maybe the fact that there was no-one who really deserved it meant that it should have been delayed for a while til the likes of JBL or Edge had a chance to compete.

but I don't see why Regal didn't deserve it. he's got the ability and charisma to make a great heel. So he's older and hasn't acheived much in his time in WWE, but I think he's a good way to mix up the storylines people have complained are getting stale

At first, I was really pissed off that Regal won...seemed like a wasted chance to push someone else.

However, the more I think about it, the more this could work out okay. Regal looked like he's worked himself back into really good shape, so he's probably gonna wrestle full-time again. And now that he's a "King," there's all kinds of possibilities for stories.

- Maybe this starts a feud with C.M. Punk. (Punk says Regal's win was cheap because Regal didn't have to wrestle anyone in the first two rounds, they have a re-match.) Ultimately, maybe this is what brings Punk to RAW.

- Maybe Regal starts a faction of some kind. Who knows?

I agree. I don't think anyone needed to win it. But I don't think Regal deserved to. And I don't think it'll mean anything, which really is my main point. For years, the King of the Ring tournament has been there to give people pushes, recognise talent, and to crown the King of the ring
I just havetrouble visualising William Regal as that guy.

I agree with you Becca.

I just fill that this was something planned for someone else *cough Kennedy?? cough* and for some weird reason had to be changed at last minute.

I mean, what is the point to hold a big tournament in a three hour show, to give the win to the GM... sounds as stupid as, I don't know, have a wwe championship match invitational and have Vince win it.

Nobody gives a sh*t about Regal... Yeah, he is great on the mic... he has good wrestling skills, he has a lot of charisma, he's experienced, he is better on any of them than most of the roster of the 3 brands, TNA, AAA, ROH, and all independent wrestlrers... yada, yada... but he is beyond his prime!!! Be real!!!

Vince will never push someone like Regal, he is good IC or USC material, but that's it... It doesn't matter if he is best friends with H... well.. maybe it matters... but he won't be heavyweight champ... he might be the first jobber to the after-backlash champ... but that's all the push he will get, besides he gets plenty of mic time now that as he is GM of Raw... he is already on the A show isn't he??

Also, CM Punk was not an option... he already won MITB and his push has been rather weak... he doesn´t even have a Backlash match... unless he turns heel during the PPV goes after a beaten champ and gets his match at that moment... which I think won't happen... He just seems to be carryng the case for someone else...

I thought they were going to debut someone, or maybe have some return with a new gimmick, or even have a midcarder give his best and be shown 5 times in a single show (matches, a short promo and crowning included)... this could (and just could) have done wonders for people like shelton, rodhes, carlito, kofi... hell, even for Santino "I'm as bad as khali but my english sounds funnier" Marella... They did something like that once to get Lashley over(you remember?? the time when he was like in 4 matches of raw just to get a shot for the ECW title)... and It partially worked, he got some crowd reaction...

I just hope creative uses this in a good way and make Regal have an stable like a court to attack some faces or something like that...

And please!!! stop bitching about Kennedy and his "I'll never be ready and I blow all the chances" status, he has never done something awesome to deserve the "IWC mega push" he gets, he is just good at saying his name... twice... twice... ok.. that was off topic but I had to say it...

Regal winning KOTR is strange to say the least, since there was no build up to it, it was just bunged together last minute. but Regal winning is finally making me think - 'wow hes actually won something that is of some meaning.'

I mean this guy should have got pushed a few years ago, I think when the whole, pushing Goldust to be a top heel on Raw didnt work out, they should have had Regal in that spot. I think it would have worked then, and could still work now, but it is very unlikely though, given his current state of wrestling. but ideas above ^, are good - using his power as GM to make a title match; create his own little stable. maybe they could have a foreigners thing going again - so it would be Regal, Santino, and Carlito or something.

but i think Regal wont get more than a jobbing match against the champ after Backlash, although he should get into a feud with Jericho for the IC title and win it. then jericho can head over to Smackdown.

just a thought.

Part of one of my posts a page or so back...

The way I see it, the WWE was planning on having a Kennedy/Punk feud, with Kennedy being King of the Ring and Punk being the Money in the Bank holder (since that was another panic move after Hardy's suspension and they have nowhere for Punk to go). They would've also started a Regal/Finlay feud just for something for the two of them to do. However, with Kennedy's absence, they nixed the top feud and pushed the secondary feud to the forefront, then said "well, we can't have Punk win both, and we can't have Finlay win if we want to start a feud, so let's just give it to Regal".

Thusly, next week I wholeheartedly expect to see a Regal/Finlay feud, probably with some stupid comedy in it, as well as an out-of-the-blue Kennedy/Punk feud over either nothing or over the Money in the Bank case.

P.S. This is my 500th post :)

Then look at this...

As noted on Monday night, Mr. Kennedy will be making his return to Raw next week. The preview on WWE.com regarding his return notes that he will be looking to exact revenge on somebody for losing the Money in the Bank Ladder Match at WrestleMania XXIV. According to WWE.com, the storyline reason for Kennedy being out of action for a few weeks is that he just "fully recovered" from the Money in the Bank Match.

Told you so, lol. If what I said happens, then it completely justifies myself and anyone else saying that the WWE blows hard at thinking of anything good creative-wise when they "panic".

That does not mean they ever planned on King kennedy, though at this point it would be more accurate to say king i fuck up every chance i am ever given.

As far as Regal not desrving it I could no agree less. The man has held every midcard title imaginable. Has had multiple reigns as a tag champ and had to suffer through bullshit comedy gimicks with Eugene and Tajri. Meanwhile he still can out perform half the roster when booked as a do anything to win heel can gather more heat then most on the roster combined, and much like the last KIng if the Ring winner has spent the majority of his career being a company man and doing whatever he is told to do.

...how does that NOT point to "planning on King Kennedy"? Lol

If the reports are all true, then we have the following:

1. Kennedy makes his big return tonight, possibly in the King of the Ring tournament
2. Original plans were Kennedy versus Punk in the finals. Punk was still in the finals, and he lost...and if he was scheduled to win it, he would have beaten Regal OR Kennedy, so he obviously wasn't being booked to win it. If it was Kennedy v Punk, and Punk wasn't supposed to win..doesn't that make King Kennedy?
3. Regal and Finlay seem to be in a feud. Chances are, this was supposed to be earlier in the tournament and just end it off there, not with Regal being the winner.
4. Now, Punk and Kennedy are going to be having a feud...which most likely would've started by having Kennedy go over Punk to become the King of the Ring. That puts the King versus the Money in the Bank.

Not to mention on Raw, they showed a graphic of Kennedy's return, which in my point of view was "hey, we don't want you to forget about this guy, but he couldn't be here tonight as planned, so remember, he'll be here next week!" They wouldn't give him a little return promo segment if he didn't matter. Did we get a return notification for Cade coming back from his injury? Lol.

I don't see how it can be any clearer that Kennedy was supposed to win the thing in the original plans...unless they come out next week and Vince says "we're restarting the King of the Ring tournament, and this time, we have Mr. Kennedy in it. Oh, look, he wins."

...how does that NOT point to "planning on King Kennedy"? Lol

If the reports are all true, then we have the following:

1. Kennedy makes his big return tonight, possibly in the King of the Ring tournament
2. Original plans were Kennedy versus Punk in the finals. Punk was still in the finals, and he lost...and if he was scheduled to win it, he would have beaten Regal OR Kennedy, so he obviously wasn't being booked to win it. If it was Kennedy v Punk, and Punk wasn't supposed to win..doesn't that make King Kennedy?
3. Regal and Finlay seem to be in a feud. Chances are, this was supposed to be earlier in the tournament and just end it off there, not with Regal being the winner.
4. Now, Punk and Kennedy are going to be having a feud...which most likely would've started by having Kennedy go over Punk to become the King of the Ring. That puts the King versus the Money in the Bank.

Not to mention on Raw, they showed a graphic of Kennedy's return, which in my point of view was "hey, we don't want you to forget about this guy, but he couldn't be here tonight as planned, so remember, he'll be here next week!" They wouldn't give him a little return promo segment if he didn't matter. Did we get a return notification for Cade coming back from his injury? Lol.

I don't see how it can be any clearer that Kennedy was supposed to win the thing in the original plans...unless they come out next week and Vince says "we're restarting the King of the Ring tournament, and this time, we have Mr. Kennedy in it. Oh, look, he wins."

This is absolutely true every single bit of it. I do think it was kinda obvious that Mr.Kennedy was suppose to win but he didn't show up sad. The only good thing about the King of the Ring this year was that Regal made that Punk tap.

why does every one think regal's too old for a major push? yes he's 42, but hes nearly the same age as booker. booker was 41 when won KOTR, so why shouldnt regal get the push?
if its age, hogan won the title when he was older, flair got pushed it nearly 60. finlay's had a main event push at nearly 50. if he's not credible, he wont win the belt, but he deserves a shot

why does every one think regal's too old for a major push? yes he's 42, but hes nearly the same age as booker. booker was 41 when won KOTR, so why shouldnt regal get the push?
if its age, hogan won the title when he was older, flair got pushed it nearly 60. finlay's had a main event push at nearly 50. if he's not credible, he wont win the belt, but he deserves a shot

If Triple H takes the title from Orton at Backlash, then I can see Regal being the first person fed to HHH after they finish up everything else.

After that, he'll either be in the prime position to transfer to Smackdown/ECW and be in the midcard scene, or he'll just go back to being a jobber. I don't think they're big enough on Regal to put him with the likes of the other main eventers for more than a one-shot.

given their history, I think having HHH win and face Regal would work well. true, it would mean I wouldn't see finlay/regal in a match, but Regal/HHH work well together, they have done in the past and can do it again. ok, it may delay HHH's heel turn as Regal as heel works so much better in America with no UK tour scheduled, but a corrupt GM going against the champion...it works. it's been the basis of lots of feuds before (McMahon/Austin, mcmahon/helmsley era being 2 obvious examples)

Well if they did do a HHH/Regal feud (if HHH wins the championship), then HHH will probably have to face Orton at least one more time afterwards in a rematch, so during that time, they'll have the Regal/Finlay feud that was hinted at during the King of the Ring.

im sorry how does running an ad mean Kennedy was the original plan. As far as cade not getting a promo, maybe they want to build kennedy the old fashioned way and when HHH came back both times their were videos, when Jericho came back ther was the whole code thing, hell every major player gets someting of this sort. Now if you are saying Kennedy is not and should not be a major player I agree, but I doubt thats what you are saying.

Until we hear from one person on the WWE creative team that was there we have no proof one way or the other only speculation. Maybe they let Punk get to finals to show how tough he is and were planning all along for Kenned the week after to attack him especially since Piunk has nothing going at Backlash. Maybe you are right and they were going to give Kennedy another golden ticket to the main event, for him to piss away. However as none of us were present in their creative meetings and have absolutely freaking nothing to base the theorie on other then hear say and speculation it is not any more valid then my speculation that by the end of the eyar I will be banned from this site permently

Explain to me why the WWE would have your IC Champ and your Money in the Bank lose clean in the KOTR ? Think about it. Bad business for everyone. Jericho loses to Punk...then Punk loses clean to REGAL? You kidding me? I want to see what they do with Regal...if anything.

:flair:

im sorry how does running an ad mean Kennedy was the original plan. As far as cade not getting a promo, maybe they want to build kennedy the old fashioned way and when HHH came back both times their were videos, when Jericho came back ther was the whole code thing, hell every major player gets someting of this sort. Now if you are saying Kennedy is not and should not be a major player I agree, but I doubt thats what you are saying.

Until we hear from one person on the WWE creative team that was there we have no proof one way or the other only speculation. Maybe they let Punk get to finals to show how tough he is and were planning all along for Kenned the week after to attack him especially since Piunk has nothing going at Backlash. Maybe you are right and they were going to give Kennedy another golden ticket to the main event, for him to piss away. However as none of us were present in their creative meetings and have absolutely freaking nothing to base the theorie on other then hear say and speculation it is not any more valid then my speculation that by the end of the eyar I will be banned from this site permently

I didn't just say the return ad, I said the other things. If I was singling out that one thing, then it'd be a pretty invalid argument, as you're right, just a return ad means nothing, but on top of everything else, its just more "evidence".

My speculation isn't any more valid than anybody else's, but that doesn't mean its faulty just because I'm not one of the members of the writing team. Is there any 100% solid "from the horse's mouth" proof beyond a shadow of a doubt that the original plan for the King of the Ring was for King Kennedy? No. Is there sufficient evidence that points to that as the most likely outcome, far outweighing any other possible circumstances? No question about it.

There's more evidence pointing towards Kennedy being their original choice than evidence pointing that he isn't, so that's why I lean far towards that side as opposed to the other. If next Monday comes around and Kennedy's role on Raw is jobbing to Super Crazy, then I'll eat my words. If Kennedy's role is to start a program with Punk, then I'm sure there will be some people that will ignore that I said it and that it happened and still think that the entire time it was planned for Regal to dominate.

And on a side note, I do agree with you that Kennedy isn't ready for the main event. I think he has another year left before he could be trusted with that position. I actually wouldn't have even booked him as the King of the Ring. I'd have booked Morrison, and had Kennedy feud with Jericho over the IC title. Kennedy right now has lost so much momentum that he's on par with what MVP was before his feud with Benoit, I feel. But, I'm still a fan of Kennedy. The key here, though, is that I'm not supporting the "Kennedy was their original choice" theory just because I'm a fan, because that makes no sense. The WWE doesn't conduct their business based on what Tony Mango in New Jersey likes and dislikes, and other people need to believe that, too, when they do their predictions. If you're a Regal fan, power to you, I think he's a talented guy as well. But don't let being a fan of him cloud your judgment and make you think that everyone in the WWE loves him as much as you do. How many people really like Khali, but he was given a WHC reign? Lol. This isn't a direct attack at you or anything, so don't take it as that as it isn't meant to be, and I don't even know if you're a Regal fan or not, but what this side note was about was basically "even if you don't like Kennedy, or you love him, that doesn't mean the writers agree, so don't speculate based on your favorites, speculate based on what you think the WWE would do for business". I'm rambling now, though, so I'll stop this point.

As far as speculating that you're getting banned...I don't know, lol. You know that better than anyone else, so you're in the best position to guess. If I looked at all of your posts and found something weird, like you flame mods or something (which, so far, doesn't seem to be the case) then I'd speculate that you might be banned. I haven't come across any of that, though, so at the moment, based on what knowledge I DO know about your posting methods, I wouldn't think you'd be banned.

All of this...King of the Ring questioning...predictions for cards on ppvs...its all just educated guessing and hypotheses. All we have to go by is what we see on TV, logical thinking (ie, nobody comes up with a concept of "they fire everyone on the spot and Vince is the only wrestler"), and reports that have to be taken with a grain of salt. So in the end, since none of us really know any of each others credentials, nobody can say "my opinion means more than yours", but at the same time, some ideas hold more credibility than others. If I can hear a solid argument to support that Regal was the plan all along, I welcome it, as I have no problem admitting when I'm proven wrong. Right now, I'm not proven right, either. I'm just speculating based on what we've got.

am i the only one that thinks Regal winning the KOTR was awful? I mean sure he can wrestle, I will give him that, cause I loved watching him in WCW. But isn't KOTR supposed to be used to give some new mid-card talent a push into the main event slots and build them from there? Like CM Punk winning MITB, mid-card push into main eventer. WTF were Khali and Hornswaggle doing in this? I enjoyed the first few matches until the writers just said "u know those 2 quick action packed matches you just saw with good solid finishes? well we're spitting in your face now and giving you this crap." Four names come to mind that should have replaced Khali, Horny, (and yes REPLACE Finlay and Regal but more on that in a bit). Morrisson should have been there, Kennedy (i guess the plan was scrapped that he was going to win and instead just return next week, so they better have something even better than King Kennedy in the works but I doubt that will happen), Umaga (yes Umaga cause he never puts on a horrible show), and the most held-back underrated star I've seen in years... Mr. Shelton Benjamin. Now THAT would have been a good KOTR roster. Now, replacing Finlay and Regal...yes it should have been done. In wrestling years, they're old. Can they still perfrom? yes they can, and with the best of them. But they're already established enough to not belong in the KOTR let alone win the thing. I'm truly disappointed in what WWE has done to this great oppertunity to push young talent like a Shelton Benjamin, aKennedy (since the first push was squashed by a misdiagnosed injury), or even a John Morrisson.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back