Kingdom Come III - King For A Day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Phoenix

WZCW's First Triple Crown Champion
Making its return once again to Kingdom Come is the fateful King For A Day Elimination Chamber, six men will face off to earn the right to face the World Heavyweight Champion at any time after Redemption. Out of the six men, only Kurtesy has cage experience while the others will be going into this hellacious match for the first time. All these men have eyes on the World Heavyweight Championship but who is going to make the cut by surviving the Chamber and becoming WZCW's Third King For A Day?

Participants: Baez, Barbosa, Big Dave, Gordito, Hunter Kravinoff, Dr. Steven Kurtesy

Deadline is Monday 28th March 23:59 EST

Barbosa and Hunter Kravinoff have a 24 hour extension due to unforeseen circumstances.

The Smoker: GET HIM!

Manic: AHHHH! I WARNED YOU TO STOP!

*Overtaken by primal rage, Manic Barbosa leaps towards Klamor and bashes his head repeated on the film projector before stepping back. A still conscious Klamor begins to crawl away. Kravinoff stands watching with his arms folded.*

The Smoker: That is not enough…

Manic: IT INSPIRED YOU TO USE THE TOILET, DID IT JONNY? WELL, LET ME HELP YOU FIND IT!!

*Barbosa grabs Klamor and drags him into the bathroom of the locker room and sticks his bloodied face down the toilet and flushes it, occasionally bringing Klamor back to the surface to scream at him some more.*

Manic: Do you see what happens, Jonny? DO YOU SEE WHAT HAPPENS WHEN YOU INSULT OUR INSPIRATION? Do you see what happens, Jonny? DO YOU INSULT OUR INSPIRATION?!?

*Barbosa releases his prey but even slumped beside the porcelain bowl, the gasping, bloodied and soaking wet Klamor does not know when to keep his mouth shut.*

Klamor: You *gasp gasp* are a frigging psychopath!

The Smoker: Finish him…

*Barbosa then begins kicking Klamor almost as if he is performing some sort of ballet.*

Manic: Nobody talks down to us anymore! Nobody better get in our way!

Barbosa is in the corner of the cafeteria, eyeing up a pretty, Mila Kunis look-alike backstage worker. He watches her eat for a moment, talking to her friends.

Barbosa: Just go up and say hi. What’s the worst that could happen? They could laugh...

Barbosa stands arguing with himself over what to do. Suddenly two police officers walk up to him and one grabs his arms, handcuffing him. Barbosa struggles, but the officer holds him back as the other talks.

Officer 1: You are under arrest for assaulting Johnny Klamor. Please accompany us off the premises quietly and we’ll read you your rights.

Barbosa: You can’t do this... I could hit them!

GRAB SOMETHING AND HIT THEM. TAKE THEM ALL OUT. YOU’RE IN ENOUGH TROUBLE ALREADY, TAKING OUT TWO COPS WON’T GET YOU IN ANYMORE TROUBLE!

No... This can’t be happening... Although, I wonder if that girl is noticing how badass we are...

Barbosa is dragged out as he screaming more insanities at the police officers.

*The scene opens with three men sitting at a table. However, unlike the usual dimly lit room, this is a bright room with a single chair placed in front of the table where the three gentlemen sift through reports. There is also an orderly standing beside a door. The middle of the three speaks first.*

Dr Rivers: Well gentlemen. Today we are here to decide whether this Mr Barbosa - no first name given - is fit to be tried for the crimes his is accused of or whether he should be admitted into our care. Dr Crawford, you have been in charge of the tests that Mr Barbosa has gone through at our establishment. What have you found out?

Dr Crawford: According to Mr Barbosa's Rorschach, Holtzman and Thematic Apperception Tests, he is no more mentally troubled than you are or I. Indeed he shows a remarkable flexibility of mind and none of the manic-depressive or bipolar tendencies that have brought him here. I reject the idea that he is completely 'cured' of what ails him but from what I have seen he is no more egocentric and driven than any other professional athlete.

Dr Rivers: Yes, I did note his chosen profession as a wrestler. Rather a coincidence that we have to deal with another grappler so soon after our interaction with David Cougar. There must be something in the WZCW water… however, I too share some of your misgivings regarding Mr Barbosa's test results. The turnaround does seem a little too miraculous. Dr Harrigan, have you anything to add at this point?

Dr Harrigan: As you know, I have been investigating his career thus far and I would like to quiz him on a few aspects of it but I have nothing to add thus far.

Dr Rivers: Okay then, I think is it time we got him in here.

*Dr Rivers gestures to the orderly.*

Dr Rivers: Send him in, please.

*The poker table is once again seen. However, there is no joviality or outward expression from any of the occupants. The direness of the situation facing the Barbosas is best suggested by the presence of all four, including Catatonic, around the table. Unsurprisingly, it is the somewhat oblivious Manic that breaks the silence.*

Manic: Why are we all so down? We have been arrested before and that all turned out fine. Why do we not get Mr Duarf to quash the charge do away on finished paucity again?

Depressive: 'Diminished capacity' is not going to get us out of here this time. It is not the police we are dealing. These psychologists are going to try putting us back in a padded room.

*Manic does not reply, shocked into silence by the thought of going back there.*

Depressive: Now as we do not have much time you must listen. I will deal with this interview and hide my depression. None of you and I mean none of you will interfere for if you do the panel will see through any smokescreen we have managed to throw up.

*The Smoker glares at Manic.*

The Smoker: That means no more days out with Conan the Barbarian or whatever his name is, no more ice cream and no more Mila Kunis movies so you better be good…

Depressive: And no Kingdom Come, King For A Day or World Heavyweight title. Understand?

*The Smoker and Manic nod their acquiescence, although the Catatonic does nothing.*

Depressive: And keep him restrained too just in case.

Барбоса: Good afternoon, gentleman.

Dr Rivers: Please be seated.

Барбоса: Thank you.

Dr Rivers: Before we begin, as it has come to our attention that many if not all of your personal records were destroyed in a fire in your home country, could you please spell your name for the record.

Барбоса: Б…а…р…б…о…с…а.

Dr Rivers: But it is pronounced 'Barbosa'?

Барбоса: Correct.

Dr Rivers: Well, Mr Barbosa, I am sure you know why you are here so I will dispense with the explanation. While Dr Crawford assures us that your test scores are more than adequate for your release back into police custody, we do have some reservations about your mental capacities and ability to cope in the outside world by yourself.

Барбоса: I understand.

Dr Rivers: We will leave the current case against you aside as nothing has been proven and it is not for us to pass judgement on you. However, we would like to examine your two passed indiscretions namely those including one Tucker Graham and a Father Fornier of New Orleans. Would you care to explain your actions on these occasions.

Барбоса: While I may have overstepped the boundaries on both of these occasions and have apologised to those involved, I do feel that there were mitigating circumstances - with Mr Graham, not only was I frustrated about poor fortune depriving me of the World Championship and spurred on by an opportunity to take another chance at that Holy Grail of my profession, but Tucker said some despicable things about my mother while invading my personal space despite being asked repeatedly not to. As for Mr Fornier, I do not want to go too far down that road but he came a little too close to perpetuating the awful stereotype of Catholic priests for my liking.

Dr Rivers: Convenient that we only have your word for that.

Барбоса: I understand your scepticism but it is not that unreasonable to accept that there might not be any witnesses in an empty church or in a very secluded part of the backstage area at a wrestling event when everyone else is focused on their jobs and matches.

Dr Harrigan: That does not explain why you are seen to be talking to yourself repeatedly while you are on camera and why you have been seen to lose control at times too. It also does not explain why…

Барбоса: Forgive my interruption Doctor, but I think to use my WZCW career in front of the camera against me is unfair. The person I portray for the viewing public is not the same person that I am in real life.

Dr Harrigan: Are you speaking of… how do you pronounce it…kayfabe?

Барбоса: I could not possibly comment on that.

Dr Rivers: Again that is all very well Mr Barbosa but we only have your word for it. Furthermore, we have been told recently that you spent an entire day walking around aimlessly and talking to many strangers. That does not sound like the actions of a well centred individual.

Барбоса: That is perfectly explainable for that entire day I was scouting my next opponents - Titus and Everest. Surely you can understand the need for a true professional to examine his quarry?

*The panel is silent for a few seconds as some notes are taken. Eventually, Dr Harrigan reaches for an envelope.*

Dr Harrigan: Speaking of next opponents, I would like to show you some pictures involving your next match you to elucidate on your next match and the opponents you will face in it. Do you understand?

Барбоса: I do.

Dr Harrigan: Good, then we will start with this man

5705.jpg

Барбоса: Ah yes, David Bail, known to the WZCW world as Big Dave. You start here with the man who would appear to be the favourite for this upcoming match. With the year that his had - his win/loss record, his dominating of Everest, being runner up in the Lethal Lottery, Big Dave is probably the stand out of the potential heirs to the throne. While myself, Gordito and Kurtsey have competed in world title matches, Dave has the most big match experience out of us all. However, I think that Dave himself thinks this too so such overconfidence and his unwillingness to take a step back from his usual smash-mouth style may be his undoing, particularly if he enters the match early.

Dr Harrigan: And what about this one?

hayabusa_13604.jpg

Барбоса: Robert Morales Junior - more commonly known as Baez. While having never set foot in the Chamber, with his extended run in the WZCW Mayhem division, he probably has as much experience in barbaric surroundings as any other of my opponents and that makes him very dangerous. On top of that, in more civilised matches, he has given the likes of Big Dave everything he can handle and more on more than one occasion. However, his recent actions and antics have suggested that he is greatly distracted by his lot in life and within the company. He could easily dash his own chances at winning by being overly focused on out performing and getting one over on his nemesis, Gordito.

Dr Harrigan: That leads us on to this next participant.

7616.jpg

Барбоса: Now this so-called Dirty One is a peculiar opponent. Juan Gordo Ruiz or Gordito has received rave reviews for his rise in WZCW and in particular for his matches with the current World Heavyweight Champion. However, behind all of the adulation, the reality is that in those engagements he was soundly beaten on each occasion. Added to that, when I stepped up to the plate, he proved unable to live with me either. Also during this match it is likely that he will at some stage have his hands full with the Killjoy and whether he wants to admit it or show it in public, the accusations levelled at him by Baez must be taking something of a toll on his normally unflappable personality and self-confidence. However, Gordito's great strength lies in his ability and willingness to learn from past defeats and harness the emotions of the crowd that will be firmly behind him. Because of that, he cannot be overlooked should he survive the inevitable confrontation with Baez and reach the latter stages.

Dr Harrigan: Okay then, what do you make of this man?

Kurt%3DAngle.jpg

Барбоса: Ah, the good Dr Steven Kurtsey. Now here is a man who…

Dr Crawford: Wait a second. Do you mean Dr Steven Kurtsey the psychologist? From Australia?

Барбоса: Yes I do believe that is where the good doctor is from.

Dr Harrigan: He is an actual doctor?

Dr Crawford: If it is the same man, he most certainly is. I worked briefly with a Dr Kurtsey at San Diego State University. Let me see that picture.

*Dr Crawford takes the picture from Dr Harrigan.*

Dr Crawford: It is him. He is still trying to carve out a career as a professional wrestler? I never thought he would continue to juggle two such diverse careers. Tell me, has Dr Kurtsey been helping you behind the scenes?

Барбоса: Indeed he has. On several occasions he has given me advice on anger management and letting things go. Our relationship might be in the early stages but I think that he can be of great help to me and others for that matter. I trust him… he is a doctor.

Dr Rivers: But you will be opponents inside the Chamber? How will that work?

Барбоса: We have been opponents before. Just a few short weeks ago, we squared off in a one on one contest and yet we still retain the same relationship. But to answer your first question about what I think of him as an opponent rather than a help, I think that the good Doctor is one of the overlooked men of this match. He may have been tarred with a brush of silliness, bordering on incompetence due to his recent associations but I know differently. He gave me everything I could handle in the ring and in a way I am glad that my losing to him is partly responsible for him getting a shot at being King For A Day. That said, Dr Kurtsey's great assets of psychological control and strategising that he uses so well in the ring can also play a role in his downfall. As you said, Dr Crawford, he continues to juggle two separate, almost conflicting careers and the leeching of his obligation to help people as a doctor into his wrestling career can easily distract him and get in the way of what he needs to do to win in such a hard hitting match.

Dr Harrigan; Now I understand that you have something of a working relationship with this man.

josh-brolin-image.jpg

Барбоса: Ah, Mr Kravinoff.

Dr Rivers: The same Hunter S. Kravinoff that sent a letter to this panel in your support?

*Dr Rivers shuffles through some of the papers in front of him.*

Dr Rivers: Now this was an interesting read from an… err… interesting character. He claims to be a Freudian scholar of some repute and using some rather highly evolved language – he describes the wrestling world as ‘kratokratic’ – he suggests that you personally have helped him accede to a more fulfilling social life in the few short weeks you been interacting. Now, tell me, Mr Barbosa, is any of this true? To me, this Kravinoff sounds like a figment of someone’s overactive imagination or is lifted straight from the pages of a comic book tinged with influences of the ‘noble savage’ from antiquity and the 19th century.

*Before Barbosa can answer, Dr Harrigan butts in.*

Dr Harrigan: Dr Rivers, I can assure you that Hunter S. Kravinoff is indeed a real person and that he and Mr Barbosa have recently formed quite the effective but nonetheless eccentric tandem in the past few weeks. However, I would like to know why you act so differently around Mr Kravinoff when compared to around others and even here today in front of this panel.

Барбоса: An intriguing question and as you were so kind to answer Dr Rivers’ question for me, I shall endeavour to answer both of your inquiries at the same time. As you may have guessed, Mr Kravinoff is an ambiguous character. Raised in the jungles of Africa, he has only recently embraced western civilisation. However, he did not like what he saw. This forced him to shut himself away from the world and any friends he had to seek solace in the only tenet of this new civilisation afforded him – the works of Sigmund Freud. Now as I am sure you know, reading the works of Mr Freud in a certain way can severely inhibit one’s social development and thus the noble savage became a semi-civilised barbarian, imbued with all the worst that we had to offer. With that he became a massive threat; one that event the biggest stars of WZCW could not deal with.

However, this belies Mr Kravinoff’s innermost need to be liked. That is why when we were paired for a match, he reached out to me. It was for my own safety that appealed directly to his childlike side by acting childlike myself. Had I shown my normal, driven and ruthless ambition, at best I would have driven him away or at worst I could have ended up with a fight on my hands. It as a calculated risk but I think it has paid off somewhat as we have an understanding heading in to the Chamber; although it would be remiss of me to say that I have not been manipulating Kravinoff in some way to suit my own ends but of course he probably would say the same thing about me.

Dr Harrigan: I just have one more opponent for you to critique before I am satisfied.

*Barbosa looks a little perplexed as they have already gone through all of his King For A Day opponents.*

5-.jpg

Dr Harrigan: And what about yourself? You would not entering such a barbaric environment if you did not think that you had some chance of winning. Or does your alliance with this Hunter suggest that you are worried

Барбоса: Of course I think I can win. It all depends on which Barbosa turns up.

*This admission draws some confusion and even shock from the panel but Barbosa quickly elaborates.*

Барбоса: What I mean is will it be the Barbosa who has lost to Winters, Baez and Kurtsey in singles competition or will it be the Barbosa who took down a tag team single handed, dominated many big names in the Lethal Lottery, beat Gordito, pinned the veteran Blade not once but twice, made a molehill out of that mountain Everest, spoiled Titus' triumphant return to the ring and gave that World Heavyweight Charlatan everything he could handle and much, much more? I am not sure than an athlete can truthfully known how they will react in a big match situation. All I can do is train and prepare myself and the rest is left up to fate.

As for allying myself with Kravinoff, I would say that anyone entering such a match would be crazy not to investigate the possibility of having some sort of contingency plan. Both Kravinoff and I shared this same approach. Can I trust him implicitly? Of course not. He is out for himself as am I but if such a working relationship, as you call it, leaves us a the final two, and with our success rate so far that must be a possibility, then it will have been

Dr Rivers: So in the simplest of terms, your relationship with Mr Kravinoff is one of mutual beneficence with a dagger hidden behind each of your backs waiting for the right time to strike?

Барбоса: That is rather crude but effective summation. As Mr Kravinoff suggested with his use of ‘kratokratic’, the wrestling world is canis canem edit.

*There is an extended silence as the panel make more notes and Barbosa sits in reflection on how his performance has gone.*

Dr Rivers: Well thank you, Mr Barbosa, for your candid comments. I think we have enough to render our decision unless either of my colleagues have any other questions to ask?

*Both Dr Harrigan and Dr Crawford shake their heads in the negative.*

Dr Rivers: Okay then, will you please wait outside while we have our final discussion and our decision will be transmitted to you shortly.

Барбоса: Thank you for your time, Doctors.

*Once Barbosa has been escorted from the room by the orderly, the panel begins their final deliberations.*

Dr Rivers: Well that was an enlightening meeting. What are your thoughts? He seemed to have an answer for everything. It was almost too perfect.

Dr Harrigan: He did do everything we would have wanted him to do. For my part, he answered all of my questions not quite succinctly but in a very accurate and intelligent way.

Dr Crawford: Personally, I think that with the combination of his test scores and performance here to today when coupled with a good personal reference from a Freudian scholar and a renowned psychologist in Dr Kurtsey keeping an eye on him on a daily basis, there is only one possible outcome.

Dr Rivers: I tend to agree somewhat with you both. He is insightful and intelligent and does come over well in a one to one environment that he has had time to prepare for. However, I am not fully satisfied that he is as good and well rounded a person as he would have us believe or that we have seen the full extent of his persona. Almost as if he is hiding something and playing with us. Having said that, if we locked up everyone who was as driven, focused and overly ambitious as him, we would have to section the majority of the sporting and business world. Furthermore, for there to be six men willing to out their bodies on the line in such a hostile environment as this Chamber perhaps Mr Barbosa is more normal for that profession than we give him credit for. With that, I see little option but to release him to custody of the police department to decide what to do with him. Are we agreed?

*Both Dr Harrigan and Crawford nod in the affirmative. With that Dr Rivers reaches for a stamp and imprints Barbosa's file.*

Not-insane.jpg

*The front door of the police department opens and Barbosa emerges side by side with Mr Duarf as a free man.*

Depressive: Good work again, Mr Duarf. You followed our plan to the letter. However, it was nice of Mr Klamor to claim that our attack caused him weeks of pain and miss work for a month and yet conduct an interview with Baez mere hours after the so-called attack. Would you please do me one last favour and hail us a cab?

The Smoker: This electric tag is chaffing! Not to mention that curfew…

Depressive: It was a necessary acquiescence to get us out in time and it will not impinge on your training regime.

Manic: It will not stop us going to see Black Swan again either!

The Smoker: Oh no! Not that. Not again!

Depressive: Patience, my friend. Kingdom Comes for those who wait and our waiting is over… First we will take in the ballet moves of Ms Portman and Kunis, then we will get some ice cream and then it will nearly be time for you to work your magic inside the Chamber.

Manic: YAY! High Kings Barbosa has a nice ring to it.

The Smoker: Not as good as World Heavyweight Champion…

The scene opens with Big Dave arriving at a beautiful house in Tampa, Florida, the sun is shining but the atmosphere is somewhat quiet. He approaches the door with a ramp, he stares at it for a while before taking a deep breathe and ringing the bell. He waits outside anxiously until the door is eventually answered by a woman in her mid-thirties.

Dave isn’t it?

Yeah, I take he’s in?

Sure, he’s been expecting you.

She invites Dave in and closes the door while he takes his trainers off and puts them with the others.

Sorry for the lack of an introduction, I’m Nina, I am his assistant and aide.

What happened to Mikey?

Some sort of argument, I think over a game of Texas Hold ‘Em.

Dave smirks

That really doesn’t surprise me. He always made more enemies out of playing that game more than anything, a cycle he’ll never break!

Luckily I don’t play poker, he’s over this way.

Nina leads Dave into a large living area which has been modified for disable access, he’s lead through to the kitchen to see an empty wheelchair, a TV playing some classic WZCW matches and a man sitting at the centre table shuffling cards, he looks up with a smile on his face as Dave approaches him.

It’s been a while brother!

Ace!

They embrace each other as Ace offers him a seat which he obliges, Nina grabs a couple of cold beers from the friend and opens them for the two friends, they tap their bottles in a toast.

To the FHD!

The FHD!

Man, it’s really been a year now? Seems like only yesterday.

Yet it’s a nightmare that I can never wake from.

Hey man, this is the business we live in, if it had truly let this bothered you, then you wouldn’t be where you are today! None of that crazy shit today, it’s about remembering the good times, no negativity!

Ok, just feels weird.

I know, but to be here today is a blessing on it’s own and there’s nothing more gratifying than that. I still have hopes I’ll be able to walk, but while I’m still earning dollars from my cards, then that’s all that matters!

I heard that Mikey left because of that.

Pah, I never liked him. Nina is much better company, aren’t you Nina?

That I am and don’t you know it!

They all have a chuckle amongst each other.

So, yeah, I saw you’re in the Elimination Chamber at Kingdom Come, you ready to tear the house down like always?

Dave sips on his bottle, hesitant to give an answer

I’m not sure

What? What you mean you’re not sure?!

I mean, I’m not sure!

Dave, what’s bothering you?

To be honest, I just keep thinking about...I keep thinking about the failures, and the misses. It’s been riding on me ever since the Lottery.

Dave sinks his head down as Ace leans in, somewhat bewildered.

Dave, I’ve known you for a good number of years now and the one thing I’ve know about you is that you’ve never let things bother you. I mean, sure yeah, we’ve made business personal, but you’ve always been straight to the point. You’ve known to take things forward, but yet, this is the person who doubts himself, look at what’s on the TV right now?

Ace points to the screen.

It’s us against Second Coming, the ladder match, that was one of our best nights of our career, probably THE match of my career. I may never walk again, but everyone will remember me because of that match, but not just that, YOU didn’t give up. YOU. DID NOT. GIVE. UP.

You do have a point…I, I don’t know, I think it’s because everything is becoming full circle, since Unscripted, that night, I ended Titus’ career, I got the victory that the rWo never got, and now he’s back! I mean, that victory wasn’t as liberating as it should have been. I just felt like, it hasn’t given me the completion that was going to be needed and yet I haven’t pushed myself forward, since that night I haven’t got the main victories on pay per view since dropping the EurAsian Championship, I drew against Everest, I came second in the Lottery…

Yet you defeated him to make your night easier at the Lottery! You were even the top four for two back to back Lotteries.

But regardless of anything, regardless of everything, I took Everest to the limit and yet he got the title shot…

Dude, where is this coming from? Is this because of the losses to the likes of Baez and Kravinoff? Pah! If that bothered you when we were Tag Champions, I’m surprised we had the titles for longer than we did! We had one of the worst ever months since winning those belts, yet we pulled off the victory when it mattered! Come on Dave, you’re not giving me the answers!!

Dave sips more of his beer, biding his time before eventually giving his answer.

Honestly Ace…honestly…since vacating the EurAsian Championship, since that night, I feel I am choking, I don’t believe myself to be good enough to win the big matches like the King For A Day and go on to win the World Heavyweight Championship. I’m meant to be the guy who is better than Everest, yet, he gave Ty Burna one of the best matches of his life, he’s been Main Eventing Pay Per Views, I have not got anything like that to match, I haven’t challenged for higher than the championships I have won. The thing is that I keep thinking, that I am not good enough, I cannot be the guy who can challenge for it. I got people saying that the reason that Ty Burna screwed with me was because he was afraid that I would be able to beat him, that I would be the one. I am not that one…

Dave, Dave. So you’re basically telling me, that Big Dave, the longest reigning Tag and EurAsian Champion, the man who went undefeated for over a year, doubts himself? Man! I have never seen you drop so low, seriously, you really think that I’m going to fall for that?! Yeah, you’ve had similar doubts before, but you proven that time and time again that it’s just an afterthought. Why is it now is important? Is it because people expect you to do better? People wrote you off in the early days and yet you proved you wrong. Is it because people expect you to come up with the victories is why you’re choking? I mean jeez, I’m really shocked at this, I’ve never seen you been like this! Dude, I was going to tell this later, but I feel it’s important now, I’m going to be there, at Kingdom Come. I got a box reserved, I watched what was to be my first Kingdom Come from a hospital bed, this year, I’m going to be there at Madison Square Garden, watching you go into that Chamber and getting that victory! I believe in you Dave, I’m just shocked you don’t believe in yourself.

Dave sits in deep thought, the bottle resting against his lips, a look in his eyes, knowing what to say. He places the bottle down and feels a sense of readiness.

I’ve considered one thing, that if there’s anything to go by, experience is key to helping one’s chances.

Dude, if it stops you being this pessimistic, then I say go for it! Get that victory in whatever way possible!

Dave nods in agreement, his head slowly rising again.

You’re right, and I’m going to do it. But first, let’s focus on the now! Let’s get out the cards, time to whoop your ass at your own game!

Ace relaxes back with a smile on his face.

I was hoping you’d say that.

He grabs the deck of cards and starts shuffling.

So, how much you wanna bet?

……………………………………………………..

A few days later, we’re at a well known Florida theme park where there is a press conference in front of a new ride called Steamboat Ricky’s Wacky Watercoaster, the world’s first ever combined water log and rollercoaster. The news reporters and telecasters are in attendance as the former WZCW legend pulls out his famous cutlass and slices the ribbon in half to a wave of applause.

Ah, she be the finest thing you ever see, making the land feel closer to the sea!

Ricky spares some time to answer the frequently asked questions including whether he will be returning to the WZCW or watching Kingdom Come, which he plays down with ease. Once the questions are done, a man approaches and hands him a note, Ricky observes it and sees it is of importance, so he excuses himself from the conference, making his way to the back. He heads over to the observation deck of his new ride where a suited man is looking over the new watercoaster, his outline is but a mere silhouette to the pirate.

I see you wished to see me. Is it time for Ricky to sail the seas of the WZCW once again?

The figure turns around and utters two words

Hello Ricky!

Not you! Of all the foul beasts they had to send, they had to send you! I want no part of this…

Just stop right there!

Big Dave moves out of the shadows into the light.

I am not here because of Myles or Bateman, my reason is for you.

Looking to take a second shot in the back of me? On one of me important days?!

Far from it. And so the record is straight, you turned your back on Karnage and I, not the other way around.

Ricky starts to make his way to the stairs.

Ricky, I’m not here to argue. I’m here because…

Dave is hesitant to admit the next words he’s about to say.

…I need you!

Ricky stops, surprised at the words he just heard. He slowly makes his way back up.

And what is it that I am needed for?

Because, if there’s anyone who knows how to win a King For A Day Match, it’s you, the first man to do it.

Huh? And suppose I refuse?

Then there’s nothing more. But the fact is Ricky, I don’t like this as much as you do, but what other choice do I have?

Ricky takes a moment to think, having a smirk to himself before turning back to Dave.

Ok, I’ll help ye. But, it’s not going to be easy, you need to be ready and focused because I took a good amount of time to prepare for the hells that await thee!

Dave and Ricky are reluctant to extend their hands but eventually do so before heading down.

My limo is waiting in the car park, want to head down there, oh no!

What?

Stay here for a moment, I just need to give yourself a diversion.

Ricky stays put as Dave heads down to see WZCW’s own Stacey Madison waiting at the bottom.

Stacey! What are you doing here?

My job! So, isn’t it a little coincidental that you would be here at the opening of Ricky’s Wacky Watercoaster, the same man who you took out of the company? What is your motive Dave and who are you talking to?

Dave spots something in the background, giving a minor hand signal to Ricky as he diverts Stacey away.

Stacey, you want to get that perfect establishment shot right? The shot where you can look your most radiant and draw the audience in?

Right…

Well, just stand there, see the sun catches your hair perfectly and you shine brighter than New York’s skyline.

Really? Well thanks!

She indicates to the cameraman to start rolling in a moment.

Right, I gotta get going, but you make that shot worthwhile!

The cameraman counts down and starts filming

Stacey Madison here, reporting live in Florida for the opening of…

Suddenly Stacey is completely soaked from head to toe as the one of the boats of the Watercoaster rushes by, the cameraman can stop laughing as Stacey looks angry from the humiliation she just got.

……………………………………………………..

We watch as Dave is now training hard with Ricky watching over in a montage of clips. Dave is carrying barrels from a cellar up to the top, looping up ropes and tying them in knots, running in the rain through the mud as Ricky watches on from a golf buggy. When Dave finishes the last barrel from the cellar, Ricky pats him on the back

Thanks matey, had that not been done today, me wench would have been on me back!

And walks off as Dave looks on in disbelief. Dave finishes tying up the knots as Ricky is sitting in a deck chair with a fishing rod, he turns to notice Dave has finished and gives him the thumbs up. Dave continues running through the mud as Ricky is driving crazily out of control in the buggy. Next they’re standing in a farm area.

Right, you need to be focused and determined, you need to be fast and ready, I want you to catch that chicken!

He points to the distance and Dave has a slight possessed look in his eyes at what is ahead of him.
chicken%20suit%20lg.jpg
The chicken suit starts waving but then starts to run as Dave bolts towards him and spears him down and starts unloading heavy rights and lefts on him.

You. Piece. Of. Shit. You are the. Worse. Moment. Of my. Life!

Ricky winches on at the sight the camera doesn’t show until Dave eventually walks back with a bloodied chicken head which he tosses back to Ricky who moves to the camera Call an ambulance. Dave continues to run through the mud but stops suddenly as Ricky almost drives him down with the buggy and crashes it into a tree, Dave shakes his head before jogging on.

……………………………………………………..

Things calm down as Dave is practising his Tai Chi until his concentration is knocked, as well as his balance, by Ricky throwing an apple at him. He tries to resume but Ricky throws another apple at him. Dave stops and heads over to Ricky who’s sitting in a laze boy, holding a huge tropical cocktail with twenty umbrellas in it.

You’re never going to be focused if you allow me fruit to knock ye!

Ricky, it’s time to cut to the chase. I know you put me through that for your own humour, it’s not about helping me but you wanted payback for what happened, right?

I don’t know what…

Save it! I put up with it because I thought I might get something out of it, but obviously I was wrong!

Dave is about to get up and go but Ricky raises his hand in a halting motion.

Sit down!

Dave does so with some reluctance.

You’re right, I did do it for some payback. Do you even realise how much humiliation you put me through after you and Karnage took me out of that company?! It wasn’t just the injury element, but just the fact that I didn’t go out the way I wanted to, in a match, my shoulders down, 1, 2, 3. Chuck Myles and Vance Bateman wouldn’t give me a look over because I was “Old news”. That day that you came down to see the ride opened, I had my hopes up, but no you had to shatter my dreams again, and I wanted you to feel that!

Ricky changes his tone.

But, I spoke to Ace, and I realised that you already had those dreams shattered and that you lost the belief in yourself.

Ricky leans forward with some importance.

Dave, I never got the chance to tell you this. Regardless of whatever happened between us, as someone who learnt off me, you done me proud. You have managed to do things that I never thought possible and you went beyond anything anyone ever expected of you. You were my greatest student and I feel you needed to know that. As for the King For A Day, you have proven you have the strength to cope with it, it’s the belief you doubted. If you managed to put up with what I put you through just to get to this conversation with me, then you will definitely be able to cope with the pressures of the King For A Day, you are more than ready to become the World Heavyweight Champion.

Ricky stands up and grabs Dave by the shoulder.

It is time for you to take that next step, go forth to Kingdom Come and be ready for glory, do it for old times, do it for Ace, do it for me, but most importantly, do it for yourself. It’s time to call yourself a King.

Dave looks up at Ricky, feeling the importance of his speech, he stands up tall and they embrace one another in a mark of respect.

Thanks Ricky. I know I couldn’t have done this without you, as a thanks, take this.

He hands Ricky a business card.

You can still make your dreams be alive.

He walks off as Ricky looks down at the business card with name Chuck Myles on it, he looks up in the distance and begins to smile as he walks back inside his hut as Dave continues on into the distance, looking willing and ready

Gordito: WWTS...what would Ty say?

We find Gordito sitting in front of a television with Jack Ruin. They are both in The Sludge Pit's office, enjoying some cheap beers and watching WZCW tapes of past matches. On the screen right now is a highlight reel of Big Dave. It's his match with Gordito in the Gold Rush tournament, where he countered a Meteor of War attempt into a Stamp of Authority.

I asked for that, really. Sometimes my mouth gets me into more trouble than anything else.

Jack: Don't I know it, Jefe. So, what would Ty say?

Gordito ponders things for a moment.

I think he'd tell me not to get suckered into focusing only on Baez. I think he'd go on about how it's not just one enemy I'm facing, but five of them, each more capable and deadly than the last. He'd probably go on about how if I let myself make this a simple crusade against Baez, I'm hopeless.

I'll tell you what, if I was him I'd be seeing nothing but red. Showtime is going to get mauled by Ty.

That's what I'm hoping for too.

Gordito stops the tape. Both men get up and head toward the bar to refuel on beer.

You know, Jacky? It's been almost a year since I showed up here, hungry and ready to get a shot at the big time. Now look at me. I'm about to go to Kingdom Come, and as part of the King for a Day match to boot. I've been knocked down, beat up black and blue, and handed my ass more than a few times, but I've also made The Dirty One a household name.

Gordito cracks open a pair of beer for him and his friend.

I've had fans meet with me after a show, and I've heard from more than a few that I'm an inspiration for them, that they see me chasing my dreams and that it moves them to want to chase their own no matter the difficulty. I love that.

You're a ball of positive energy. You always have been.

Well, I let this Baez stuff get to me more than I like admitting.

But you're much stronger for it now. Look at you. I've never seen you in such a good shape. I've never seen you so excited before. This IS your big shot, Jefe.

King for a Day. King Gordito, The Dirty One. It does have a nice ring to it.

Yeah, you've only been repeating that for weeks now.

Gordito jumps up to sit on the bar counter.

This might be the biggest match of my career here in WZCW. Yes, I've had two shots at the world tittle, against Ty and once with Barbosa as well. But this is Kingdom Come, the biggest event of the year. This show sets the tone for the rest of the year to come. If I win this, I will have broken through the barriers and the obstacles in my way to reach true stardom. I will have shown to every one of the boys backstage that I've earned my way here, even if I've already always felt that.

But don't forget that Baez…

Oh, I won't forget about Baez, but this is bigger than him and I. Our feud will likely continue past this, especially if I get the better of him. But no. The only care I have about Baez is proving him wrong. I want to do more than win. I want to do more than survive, I want to rub it in his face. I want him to realize how badly he's judged the situation. He made his choices, and I respect that. Now it's time to show him that I'm bigger than that.

Alright man. You're on fire right now.

You're right. At Kingdom Come, I'll take out the trash. I am on fire, baby.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Becky Serra stands in front of The Sludge Pit. It's evening, and the usual suspects have come out for the night. By now, Becky is used to the crowd, and for the most part they are respectful of her. Even punkers can have manners. Standing in a black cocktail dress holding a WZCW mic she smiles as the camera starts rolling.

Becky Serra here at the The Sludge Pit just days away from Kingdom Come. We're hear to catch a few words from Gordito, one of the entrants into the annual King for a Day elimination match.

Gordito steps into view. He's in a much different outfit than usual. The red robe is gone, and in it's place is a black suit with orange trim. He's wearing his aviator shades, and his head is freshly shaved.

Becky, it's always great to have you here.

It's always good to see you, Dirty One. Tells us, what is your mind like going into Kingdom Come in one of the featured matches?

Am I nervous? Am I scared? Am I worried? At some point all of these things play a small part in the preparation. But that right there is how I truly feel. Prepared. I've prepared my body for this, and I've prepared my mind for it.

Seems kind of difficult considering you've never been in a chamber match before? Care to share with us what you mean?

No problem, baby. See, what I mean to say is I've had the chance to tangle with each of these men. I don't want to run through a list, but I gotta say that all of them, even Baez, has a chance at winning this. One of us will lead the way into the rest of the year, boldly clearing a path clearing a path for the rest to follow. One of us will steal the show, and surprise the fans and the boys with their determination and with their fortitude. The chamber is a scary place to be, especially being locked up with 5 other assholes. Well, excuse me, I should give some respect to my bud Kurtesy; 4 other assholes and one reformed asshole.

What are your thoughts on your opponents for the momentous occasion?

Well, first you've got established guys like Kurtesy and Big Dave. Both of them are big time players here and both of them are hungry for that chance that being King for a Day brings. Both of them have a passion and a drive that can only come from working at this for so long. I know they'll be bringing their best, and I'm up for the test of besting two of the men who've handed me defeats in the past. I gotta say, I loved working with them last week.

And the others?

Then there are newer guys like Barbosa and Kravinoff. Ok, "newer" is a relative term when it comes to Hunter, but you get the idea, baby. Since his latest return, Hunter has become what I've always known him to be; a fierce animal. He's a predator through and through. And Barbosa? A slip of paper may declare him "Not Insane", but my jury's still out on him. Either way, the man is a beast. No wonder he and Hunter get along so well. Both are ready to make a splash, both are ready to do what they must for the win. But I'm a survivor. I've experienced Barbosa's fury first hand a few times now, and each time I've learned more about what makes him tick.

Don't forget, there is also…

Yes, yes. Baez. The Killjoy. Prince of Mayhem, the revolutionary himself. Mr. Too good to share Onion Rings anymore. I'll tell you what, Becky, if Baez can pull his head out of his ass long enough to forget about his blood feud with me, he stands a chance at winning this. And I knew that going into this. I knew that when I asked for him to have a place at this show. He talks about having never been given a fair shot, and about having never been given the kind of treatment he thinks I get. So I gave him one. It's all here for him, all he has to do is prove everyone wrong. But if he doesn't…if he falls short again…he'll have no one else to blame but himself for it.

Gordito looks straight into the camera with a slight grin on his face.

It's go time, baby. You can talk all you want, but at Kingdom Come it's time to show me that you're more than cheap chair attacks and petty jealousy. Bring the Baez I grew to respect and befriend. Bring the Mayhem innovator. A chamber match should be right up your alley, old friend. You have no excuses now, nothing to claim is holding you back. The only thing holding you back is yourself.

You sound ready to go then, Gordito.

Gordito looks back to Becky.

I feel it. I've prepared myself as best as I can. I've had to trust only in my own energy. Even Ty couldn't help me with this one. This is a path I have to cut for myself, and I'm ready for it. Kingdom Come, the most important show of the year for us. This is why I came here. This is my dream. And I am going to make it reality, baby. So very soon, WZCW will be able to look upon me as King Gordito, champion of the little people who've ever dared to dream. As I've said before, I will make the Kingdom Come the era of The Dirty One.

Becky turns towards the camera to continue hyping the show as the crowd gathered out front cheers for their champion.

Kurtesy has been granted a 12 hour extension. Something about lawyers and wrong prescriptions I was told.

The scene opens with Baez sitting in a dark room with a TV on. He leans forward slowly and holds up a control. He hits play and the TV display is shown...

Ascension 10 said:
Baker slowly moves towards the turnbuckle and starts climbing it. He gets to the top and straightens up, about to deliver All Eyez On Me, but Baller quickly shakes the top rope, causing Baker to lose his balance and crotch himself on the top turnbuckle. Baller walks over to Baker and climbs up the turnbuckles. He stands on the toprope, jumps up and delivers a huge hurricanrana to Baker, who is sent flying across the ring. Baller picks himself up with the mat but turns around into a chair shot from the bloody John Smith. Baller crumbles to the mat and Smith delivers a second and third chair shot for good measure. He turns around and is met with a dropkick from Killjoy taking him down. Killjoy picks up the bloodied Smith and irish whips him. Smith bounces back off the ropes and delivers the Incapacitation to Killjoy who falls to the mat, clutching his ribs. Now Baker is back up, delivering a flurry of right hands and kicks to Smith, who stumbles backwards into the ropes. Baker goes for a big forearm shot but Smith ducks under it and grabs Baker by the throat. He lifts Baker up, about to deliver the chokeslam, but Baker reverses it into Da Xtreme Knockout. Baker goes over to the turnbuckle and climbs up it, but out of nowhere a chair shot from Baller hits him square in the head and he falls off the turnbuckle, plummeting to the outside. Baller goes to pin Smith, 1... 2... Killjoy breaks it up! Killjoy clotheslines Baller out of the ring, goes onto the apron and hits the Death From Above. He pins Smith, 1... 2... 3!

Harrys: Here is your winner and NEW Mayhem champion, The Killjoy!

The referee hands Killjoy the belt. Killjoy raises it above his before getting out of the ring and making his way up the ramp as all 3 other men look on

A shot of Baez's masked face is shown. He looks perfectly emotionless. He hit's another button as we return to the screen...

Kingdom Come II said:
Crashin gets up on the second rope and raises his arms. He jumps down and turns around, only to be hit in the head with a steel chair from KillJoy. Crashin falls to the mat and Killjoy goes for the pin. 1... 2... 3!

Harrys: Here is you new Mayhem champion, The KillJoy!

Hammond uses the steel steps to push himself to his feet. John Smith slowly gets back into the ring and he goes for Hammond. Smith kicks Hammond in the gut and gets ready to lift him for the straightjacket Powerbomb. Hammond resists, delivers a low blow to Smith and rolls him up. 1... 2... 3!

Harrys: Here is your new Mayhem champion, Scott Hammond.

Harrys: Here is your winner, and officially the NEW Mayhem Champion, Scott Hammond.

The referee hands the belt to Hammond, who rolls out of the ring and slowly starts walking up the entrance ramp using the barricade to hold himself up as blood drips off his face. Baker sits in the ring, watching Hammond leave with his head in his hands.

Baez's face is again shown. This time a bit of frustration can be sensed in his eyes. He lowers his head for a bit before pressing the remote again. We return to the screen...

Meltdown 39 said:
Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall and it is a Title versus Mask match for the Mayhem championship. If KillJoy loses, he will have his mask removed....

...He puts Hammond in the camel clutch position, and hits him with the Bell Rung, smashing the chair into Hammonds head. KillJoy shouts out “Ding Dong!” with every shot, as the crowd shout it back at him. After a few shots to the head, he gets up and rolls Hammond over, going for the pin, 1... 2... Hammond gets a shoulder up! KillJoy looks absolutely shocked as he sits up. He uses the ropes to pull himself to his feet and backs into the corner, measuring Hammond for the Smashmouth. Very slowly, Hammond starts getting to his feet as the crowd look on in suspense. Hammond finally manages to get to his feet, blood dripping from his face, and turns around. KillJoy runs at him, but Hammond counters, lifting up KillJoy and hitting London’s Calling! Both men lie on the mat, with Hammond not able to take advantage of hitting his finishing manoeuvre. Suddenly, John Smith makes his way out, baseball bat in hand.

He’s walking down the ramp, but suddenly Gordito, WZCW’s newest acquisition runs out and takes Smith down from behind. The two men start brawling on the ramp. Chris Jones and Steven Holmes then come out, adding to the brawl on the entrance ramp. Inside the ring, Hammond and KillJoy are pushing themselves up while looking at the carnage on the entrance ramp. Vance Bateman makes his way out with 8 security guards, who break up the brawl and manage to drag everyone backstage. Bateman shakes his head with a stressed look on his face, motioning for the match to continue in the ring. Hammond turns around and is caught in a Uranage position by KillJoy, who turns around and slams Hammond through the table. KillJoy backs into the corner and puts his hands together as if praying, getting ready to hit the Smashmouth. Hammond slowly gets up, unaware of what’s in store for him, with a crimson mask on his face. KillJoy runs at Hammond, but Hammond moves, causing KillJoy to hit the opposite turnbuckle at full force. He bounces backwards, into a German suplex from Hammond. Hammond slowly crawls over to KillJoy, going for the pin, 1.... 2.... KillJoy gets a shoulder up. Hammond pounds the mat in frustration, before using the ropes to pull himself to his feet. He signals for one more London’s Calling and lifts up KillJoy off the mat. He gets KillJoy up on his shoulders, but KillJoy pushes himself off, running at the ropes then returning with the Smashmouth! KillJoy scrambles for the pin, 1... 2... 3!

Harrys: Here is your winner and NEW Mayhem champion, The KillJoy!

Despite the moment shown, Baez seems to groan disappointingly at what he see's. But that doesn't stop his trance like stare as again he hits the remote...

Meltdown 41 said:
Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall and is for the Mayhem Championship!

Harrys: Introducing first, from San Francisco, California, weighing in at 257 lbs, Gordito!

Harrys: And his opponent, from... Rat’s Ass, America, weighing in at 225 lbs, he is the Mayhem Champion... The Killjoy... Baez!

Killjoy slowly picks Gordito to his feet. Killjoy goes for a Uranage Backbreaker, but Gordito elbows out of it. Killjoy stumbles away, and then charges at Gordito. Gordito instinctively ducks down and hits a Samoan Drop on KillJoy on a trash can. The can is flattened. Gordito goes for the cover. 1... 2..... Killjoy just kicks out. Gordito can't believe it, but claps his hands and looks pumped. He grabs the table and starts setting it up in the corner. He has it positioned and then raises his arms to the crowd. He turns around to get Killjoy. Killjoy is up and fly's shoulder first at Gordito's neck. Smashmouth connects, sending both men through the table. Killjoy drapes an arm over Gordito. 1... 2... 3.

Harrys: Here is your winner, and still Mayhem champion, The KillJoy... Baez.

Baez lowers his head as the screen pauses not giving up his concentration to enjoy what he just saw. We return to the screen...

Meltdown 42 said:
Harrys: The following tag team contest is scheduled for one fall with no disqualification. Introducing first, at a combined weight of 475 pounds, Dr. Steven Kurtesy, Doug Crashin, the Crashin Movement!

Both Kurtesy and Crashin enter the ring right before suddenly out of the crowd emerges Baez and Gordito with steel chairs in hand...

...He locks Crashin’s arms behind him and drags him to the full height of the turnbuckle, he looks around at the crowd before looking directly at the table. Without any concern he takes Crashin up in the air with a Meteor of War right off the turnbuckle through the table which has the crowd in a frenzy, applauding what’s happening. Despite the impact, Gordito slowly pushes Crashin over onto his back before falling on top of him, 1……..2……..3.

Harrys: Here are your winners, Baez and Gordito!

Baez seems beside himself at the moment as we get another shot of him following the clip. He looks to the side seemingly in disgust. At this point, you know the deal...
Ascension 21 said:
Anderson: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

Anderson: Introducing first, from Rat’s Ass, America and weighing in at 225 pounds, The KillJoy, Baez!

Anderson: And his opponent, from London, England, weighing in at 268 lbs, Big Dave!

Everest walks up to the ring and jumps onto the apron. The ref turns his attention to Everest as Baez starts to tap. The ref continues to argue with Everest. Dave lets go of Baez and walks over to Everest. Everest jumps off the apron in time. He and Dave begin to yell at each other. Baez crawls up behind Dave and School Boy rolls Dave, catching him completely off guard. The ref slides to make the count. 1... 2... 3. Dave just kicks out late.

Anderson: Here is your winner, The Killjoy, Baez!!!

Dave sits up after the bell has rung and is in disbelief. He immediately gets in the face of the ref, arguing that it was a fast count. Everest grabs Baez leg and pulls him out of the ring. Dave sees this and charges at them, but Everest gets Baez out in time. He helps Baez up the ramp and holds his arm up. Dave is standing against the ropes in fury.

Baez upliftingly reclines himself back on the chair with his hand on his chin as he seems to be thinking about something. But as far as words, go... Nothing yet. Behold the viewing globe...

Meltdown 47 said:
Harrys: The following contest is scheduled for one fall!

Harrys: Introducing first, from Bedlam, weighing in at 237lbs, Барбоса!

Harrys: “And his opponent, from Rat’s Ass, America and weighing in at 225 pounds, The KillJoy, Baez!”

Барбоса seizes the initiative as Baez enters the ring and attacks him with boots to the mid section. With Baez floored, Барбоса goes to pick up Baez but he ducks underneath Барбоса’ reach and drops him with some stiff hard kicks to his legs. Barbosa falls to the floor but Baez keeps kicking him...

Standing behind Baez, he grabs his hands and twists them around his neck. He tries to drop back to hit Split Personality backbreaker but Baez fights it and reaches the ropes. The ref forces Барбоса to break the hold, Барбоса shoves him out of the way but Baez rebounds off the ropes and levels him with a huge clothesline! Both men fall to the floor from the impact.

The ref begins to count but they slowly get up. They begin to slug it out; the crowd boos Барбоса and cheer loudly for Baez. Барбоса ducks a huge right hand from Baez, connects with an STO and tries to transition it to the Bipolar Disorder! Барбоса tries to lock it in but Baez is fighting too much so Барбоса cannot lock it in! He grabs his legs and flips over, the referee counts....1....2....3!!!!! Baez gets the pin out of nowhere!!!

As soon as the footage of the win plays by, the power goes out and rather obviously, the TV shuts down. Nothing can be seen, but Baez can clearly be heard as he gets up and walks. A ray of light appears as he opens a door. The camera follows behind revealing the bright sun of the high noon. It would seem the shooting is taking place in a tropical resort as we are shown high about ground with the beach in front. Baez has not said a word and instead breaths heavily under the mask. However, the silence is broken...

Alisha: I see history has left you with a bitter taste. I guess now I get what's up with your attitude. All of that and nothing to show for it. I guess it can eat in to you. But you know, just because you feel...

Baez: Feel? You know how I feel? You actually believe you know how I feel? Right now?

Alisha: Well judging...

Baez: Don't judge. I don't need you making the same mistakes Gordito has made. You could never know how I feel. You've never tasted the sweet taste of victory or the agonizing sting of defeat. You never fell from the high perch like I did. Dammit Ali, you don't know what it is to compete in Kingdom Come! Last year I choked. Hugely. After causing an uproar by plucking off the garbage in the Mayhem Division, I was supposed to walk in and out in stride that night. But I was young and too innocent back then. The pressure flattened me. It took me a month to get back on track and go on to great things. Now I'm at the shows footsteps again.

Alisha: I know. I was there.

Baez: Shadap! Again, I have a huge opportunity. And this time, I. Will. Not. Choke. I can and have beaten every single participant in the Chamber match before. None of the others can lay claim to that. I can. I have. Yeah, maybe the past few weeks have made my record book look like crap, but while Gordito, Dave and the others celebrate their cheap build up wins, they need to realize that no matter the casualties, what matters is who win's the war. Gordito, Big Dave and Kurtesy may have one-upped me on the road here, but I am still a step ahead of this war game. I have gotten inside Gordito's head while he's taking advice from the guy who shot him down and may be his opponent one day. Wait. Who am I kidding? That day will never come. At least not while Ty is champion. But I digress. Kurtesy on the other hand is too distracted with Dave and his group. Dave himself is now trying to surpress what's made him so lethal while also playing aloof older brother and finally Kravinoff and Barbosa are too busy playing in la-la land how Kravinoff hasn't gotten stranded there with Barbie is probably more astounding than the amount of success the two have had here. But not me. On Sunday, a year's worth of trials and tribulations will come full circle as I become king and redeem myself. I'll be the next King For A Day.

Alisha: King. King for one lousy day. Do you know that both times, the person who won the match was never able to utilize the contract properly?

Baez: Don't you know? Third time's the charm. Look at the land. Ain't it pretty?

Puerto%20Rico.jpg

And it can be all mine. And yours too. All I have to do, is to do what I've already done before.

Baez pulls out some onion rings from a bag and looks at them for a bit...

Baez: Gordito makes a joke out of everything. He can't take anything seriously. He thinks he's entitled to whatever he wants. He is nothing more than a conceited, arrogant prick! He's latched on to me long enough. Sunday, I cut the cord. You're on your own, child. I am sick of trying to help you focus. It's obvious that you don't care about yourself. You just want your instant gratification. And when you don't get it, you drown your sorrow along with your emotions with your lousy alcohol. Hmm. Have fun... While you can.

Alisha: You sure can use some anger management.

Baez: Ha! I do? Don't make me laugh. I'm just relying on my natural insticts.

But my instincts are dangerous...

Who cares, do it for the money and babes!

Alisha: Who are you talking to?

Baez: Well, to myself obviously. Shouldn't we embrace our inner freak? Our inner stupidity? Isn't that what Kravinoff mumbles about these days? It's no surprise Big Dave was in the other end last week. Just look. Yoga? What's next? Pilates? The man who was thought to be so dangerous has degenerated into nothing but a cuddly teddy bear. Or a muppet. With his sister and Kurtesy sticking their hand up his hole and making him talk. How intimidating. Gimme a break. This "kingdom" is mine for the taking. The pieces are in place, the strategy is layed out. All I need is the execution. After Sunday, the King Of Anarchy will be crowned. I'll create order from destruction. And soon enough, become Heavyweight Champion of the World. Regardless of any knave who's dumb enough to step in this Dark Lord's way. A true king is intelligent and calculating. You think I've lost, but I've only started. Kickassery... will be delivered...

As the Earth's light-bulb slowly sets for another day, it leaves its mark by highlighting the beautiful colors panned across the empty sky. The magenta's, the cyan's... the array of patterns could mesmerize even the most difficult of minds to entertain. Simply amazing... are the thoughts that run through Dr. Steven Kurtesy's mind as he stares into the horizon from his office. A gust of wind bellows through the open windows, prompting Steven to close his eyes and inhales a breath of nature's passing flow. A grin appears on his face as he slowly exhales, continuing to gaze into the beyond... the realities of life not affecting him, almost as if he was in his own fantasy world.

At that moment, the office door creeps open and Dr. Sandy Deserts enters into the room with copious amounts of paperwork shoved in her enclosed arms. She shuts the door with a smile as she sees Steven standing in the room. She heads towards his desk.

Ah! There you are! I've been looking for you, although I figured as much you'd be in your office. Man... what a day I've had!

She dumps the documents on the table and begins sorting through them.

I've been flat out with patients. I had to take my lunch break during one of my sessions. God, that was awkward. You were correct about that Julie girl... O.M.G... she is a mental train wreck! If her mind wasn't boggled, I'd do it for her with the "assets" she's got... and don't even get me started on...

Sandy looks up and sees Steven who hasn't moved an inch or acknowledged her presence since she became apart of the environment. She stops her sorting and stands up.

Are you even listening to me?

Of course, my dear.

Steven still looks out the window.

It feels as if you haven't with the lack of communication.

Ah, but how is one supposed to insert themselves in conversation of a monologue?

Without moving, a smile forms on the face of Steven as Sandy tries to form an argument to combat his logic.

I could have used you out there today.

I know, and I apologise for not being able to help you. If it was another day, I'd be there for you. Today... it's a different story.

Sandy walks up to Steven and puts a hand on his shoulder, looking directly at him as he continues to stare outside.

I understand...

She too focuses on what has caught Steven's attention.

... but why do you spend your time here searching with your eyes for something out there when you could be in training, mentally preparing yourself like every other cage match you've been in thus far? It's a dangerous match Steve... the last thing I want to see is you lying in a hospital bed.

Steven shifts his head to see a look of concern on Sandy's face as she continues looking out the window. He lifts his head, pondering for a moment before re-joining Sandy in their duel staring.

Hmm... the old San Fran Insane Asylum... that places floods back memories to my mind and has taught me valuable lessons in how to survive those caged environments. I remember the first time I used that place... Doug and I visited a newly-designed room to intertwine our thoughts together in hopes that we'd telepathically look out for each other. We had a good outing for those tag team championships due to that training... I also recall the time I locked myself in solitary confinement to get ahead psychologically in the first ever Hell in a Cell for the World Title. I endured so much pain that match, even gaining this scar across my eye, but I was able to dish it out as well by throwing a man off the cell's roof. Each time, however... in the final seconds of the match, I managed to snap my concentration and instead of becoming part of the environment, I enjoyed it too much... resulting in my incapacitation. Two golden opportunities I wasted due to my own entertainment of sick, twisted feelings.

Steven minutely shakes his head in disgust, before shaking that off to enter a more positive mood.

But just like this beautiful sunset and it's relevance to the day, all of it is a thing of the past and only we can learn from our mistakes.

I hope for your sakes that you aren't figuring out where you could better yourself on the fly. You've got the biggest opportunity at the biggest stage of all time, Kingdom Come, in what is, literally, the biggest match of your career... the Elimination Chamber. You need a game plan. Question is: what are you going to do?

Steven ponders for a moment as Sandy smiles with her simple, yet difficult query.

Air my grievances.

She becomes confused at the response.

No matter what they may tell you, every one of my opponents will be walking into the Elimination Chamber with a purpose other than winning the King For A Day contract. My good friend Gordito, although I do not wish for him to walk into danger, will have his attention drawn to him by a jealousy-ridden masked Mayhem warrior in Baez. He has been the killjoy to the Dirty One's career and they will want to vent their frustrations out on each other. Big Dave is looking to prove something to himself that he is destined to win the World Championship and will sacrifice anything to win. He's got a mental chip on his shoulder he's wants to remove... but one mistake for him, and I'm afraid he'll lose his concentration, especially with the amount of anger-management techniques he's employed lately. And then you have Hunter Kravinoff manipulating the mind of Barbosa as his own personal puppet to aid him in eliminating the other competitors, before taking advantage of their relationship and taking the blindsiding win... or is it the cunning Barbosa playing along with Hunter's antics, reeling him into a position to back-stab him and use that to fuel his adrenaline for the rest of the match? They all will eventually wind up into a situation where their secondary objective will be to gain the contract... a common denominator that I do not want to be divisible by. I want to walk into that match with a clear mind... void of everything but the match itself. At this point, I have no ulterior motives.

But what of your affiliation with the Crashin Movement, Steven? Surely you'd have a huge responsibility to walk back to the headquarters with the coveted briefcase in your hands?

Again, like the sun, it's signaling the end is near. The Crashin Movement has been operating for nearly a year and I've been apart of the group since it started. The entire idea culminated after the Kingdom Come PPV, and I feel that my existence within the movement needs to end there. It's coming to the end of an era for me... every wrong thing I've ever done I want to right and move on with my life. It's the reason why I've seen the last of my days in the tag team division, it's the reason why I've apologised to Gordito about the things I've ever done to him... the person I once was held me back from reaching my full potential and want that all left behind. I want to better myself and become one of the greatest professional wrestlers to ever step foot in WZCW history, and the first step to achieving my goal is the KFAD. Nothing is hindering me, nothing is bothering me... it's just a cage, five other opponents and myself, and I plan to win and become the new King... King Kurtesy.

Steven looks at Sandy, who realises he is looking at her and stares back into his eyes, seeing the intensity built within.

And even if I don't make it to the other side of the rainbow, I want to at least walk out of that match with my head held high knowing that I delivered one hell of a performance, keeping the lingering thought in people's minds "Damn, that Kurtesy fellow sure does deserve to be there."

I'm ready, Sandy... I'm ready.

255 West 34th Street, New York, NY
April 2, 2011 – 9:35 pm

Adorned conspicuously in a tux and Burger King crown, Hunter Kravinoff is seated in a booth inside the BK franchise nearest Madison Square Garden. With a look of ire etched on his face, Kravinoff scarves down a couple of his onion rings before glancing longingly at the portrait of Sigmund Freud sitting comfortably next to him. Seated opposite of Kravinoff and his manager is ace reporter Rebecca Serra, Becky for short. She stares with annoyance and disgust as the man across the table from her deals with a napkin shortage by wiping his hands on his bow tie.

I suppose we should get started.

Kravinoff nods while he rushes to swallow his mouthful of onion rings. He gestures his side dish in Serra’s direction, offering her a bite.

No thanks.

The resident of Medicine Hat shrugs.

Your loss.

Ignoring Kravinoff’s sentiment, Becky places an audio recorder in the middle of the table and presses REC.

So, Hunter, can I ask why you’re wearing a tuxedo at a Burger King?

Kravinoff stares at her with a look of confusuion plastered on his Brolin-esque good looks.

Why wouldn’t I wear a tuxedo?

Could you explain your reasoning on the matter?

Sure.

Kravinoff is seemingly uninterested in the line of questioning.

I’m wearing a tuxedo, first of all, because I represent WZCW when I’m out and public. As such, I should dress in a manner which is dignified and becoming of the professionals that the organization houses.

Also, I’m twenty four hours away from becoming King of WZCW. Anything less than a tuxedo would be underdressed for a figure of my stature.

Becky’s eyes grow wider as Kravinoff gestures broadly in a manner which suggests he thinks this is obvious stuff.

You realize that despite it being called the King For A Day match, the winner doesn’t actually become “King of WZCW”… Right?

The Wildman smirks and shakes his head.

Becky, Becky, Becky… I’m not showing up simply to win this contest. I’m showing up to start my long road towards literally becoming the King of WZCW.

The smirk grows as Becky eyes the man in front of her with great scrutiny. The cardboard crown probably isn’t doing him any favors. Reacting slowly, Becky extends her arms with exacerbation and utters a single word.

Why?

Because the WZCW Universe deserves an oppressive monarch.

Ever since I came to this organization, I’ve played nice. I humbly worked my way up the food chain, convinced that each decisive win over a WZCW mainstay would bring the fans one step closer to accepting that I am everything I say I am, that I am the King of the Jungle, a world travelled journey man, an individual who fueled himself on tiger blood before it was fashionable. I gave the WZCW Universe respect. I gave them freedom of choice. All I asked in return was that they accept the truth: That I was trained by gorillas, raised in the wild, and am now looking to establish my dominance over the deadliest game of all. I don’t think I’m asking for anything unreasonable here, yet the people have chosen to disrespect me time and time again. So freedom of choice is over. I’m going to force myself down everyone’s throat.

Becky shakes her head disapprovingly as Kravinoff’s eyes burn with ambition.

This makes no sense. It’s completely contradictory to everything you’ve said about Freud.

Kravinoff glances at the father of psychoanalytic theory and then back to Becky.

No, it’s not.

Puh-lease! All you’ve had to say since returning to WZCW was about how people need to get in touch with their animal instincts and their shadow selves. You wanted people to feel free to express their dark desires. Sure, you completely misunderstood and butchered Freud’s work, but at least you stood for something. Now you’re turning your back on people being true to themselves. This anti-freedom tirade is anti-Freud, no?

No.

Kravinoff looks displeased.

People can be true to themselves all they want. In fact, I encourage it. They need to get in touch with that hidden instinctual part of their soul so they have something real to hang onto. They need to find comfort in their thoughts because their asses are going to be ruled by me with an iron fist.

And exactly how do you plan to rule over people with an iron fist?

Simple. Winning King For A Day is going to be reminiscent of the time in the wild when I invented fire.

Becky rolls her eyes.

None of the other animals had fire, so I possessed an advantage over them. And I used it to become King of the Jungle. I set fire to giant rolling balls of hay and destroyed their homes. I drew them out to my slaughter. Fire gave me a competitive edge, the same way having a World Heavyweight Championship match anytime I want gives me an edge. And once I’m World Heavyweight Champion, I become the poster boy of a multi-billion dollar conglomerate. WZCW will be remade in my image. And when that image catches on with the masses, eventually the world will be mine. And once the world comes to respect me, I will expose them all to the truth in The Gospel According to Sigmund. Democracy and eventually civilization as we know it will crumble as your people make me their ruler, one planet under Kravinoff and Freud.

The Wildman breathes deeply, clearly excited to be talking about his master plan. Becky doesn’t seem to buy a word of it.

Riiiight. So now you’re a super villain?

Kravinoff shakes his head cockily.

There’s nothing villainous about my plot, Ms. Serra. People simply aren’t fit to have freedom. I’m saving them from themselves.

Diabolical.

You can cut the sarcasm with a knife. Becky examines her surroundings before asking her next question.

Why are you eating here?

Because I want it my way.

Becky shrugs.

Isn’t that exercising the freedom you hate so dearly?

Kravinoff shakes his head again.

The King is above the people. He gets things his way.

Kravinoff takes a long sip of his beverage.

Ever hear of the Magna Carta?

The what?

Nevermind.

Becky stares with increasing malice at the Wildman.

It’s clear why your publicist dumped you.

He didn’t dump me! I dumped him! Got it?!

Becky looks like she couldn’t care less.

Got it.

Why wouldn’t I dump him? The man insisted on having me suck up to the people. He supports their freedom of choice. I can’t be with a man like that.

That’s great and all, but I think you’re overlooking something.

Kravinoff straightens his cardboard crown.

What might that be?

There are five men standing between you and a title shot.

Kravinoff shakes his head.

No there aren’t.

Yes. There are.

Becky, this match is all about me. The King sits at the top because he’s the best.

Big Dave can go on and on his long journey to the belt, but his journey ends here because I have decided it will. His repressed feelings of inadequacy, probably a result of how his sister hovers over him in an emasculating fashion, will be brought to the surface in the Chamber, leaving him to weep sorrowfully as I do my royal duty and defeat him for the second time. Dave will learn that no man, no law, no entity is above the King.

As for Baez, he’s a mere jester in my court. He’s every bit as inadequate as he aims to prove he isn’t. Everything he’s done since qualifying for the Lethal Lottery has proven that point.

Gordito? The man lacks the wrath to be King. His inability to find that killer instinct makes him exactly what he’s established himself as against Ty Burna: The loyal opposition. Gordito is doomed to come close but never see the Promised Land. Winning the big one is not in his nature. So it’s already been written, so it shall come to pass once more.

But a bigger joke than all of these men is the suggestion that Barbosa “stands in my way.” He’s my white knight, my King side rook, my bishop. The man is really several men and getting himself on the same page is almost more of a battle than he can handle. Did you see what he did to Johnny Klamor? Sure, he can be ruthless. He has passion. But he’s raw. He lacks finesse. Under my direction, each of these parts will serve a purpose. They are my army. And when the time comes, Barbosa will fall on his sword for his master.

What about Dr. Kurtesy?

Kravinoff’s gaze at Serra intensifies.

Kurtesy will be my greatest foe. As he rises above the Crashin Movement, he realizes more and more every day just how special he is. Unlike my other four opponents, there is will be very little inner turmoil in The Good Doctor. When the time comes, he will be acting on the most sincere kind of confidence you could ever imagine. And nothing is manlier than that sincerity and that belief in one’s self. He has a true psychological advantage as he roars towards singles stardom.

So how will you defeat him?

This is where the Chamber comes in. It’s the equalizer. Kurtesy, like all men, is going to have to buckle under the sadism reaching out from the malicious metal. But I won’t buckle. I have no breaking point. Kurtesy, as good a man as he is, is not a God like I am. That’s what will make the difference.

So as you can see, these men are non-factors. They aren’t worth addressing. This is about my rise to power. This is about me claiming my thrown and dispelling the arrogant notion that man is entitled to choice. At Kingdom Come, I’m going to have it my way.

As silence falls between Kravinoff and Serra, the hustle and bustle of their surroundings seem to rob Kravinoff of some of his credibility. Also, the cardboard crown still isn’t doing him any favors. Serra shakes her head once more in disapproval as Kravinoff’s brow lowers, his malice for humanity palpable. He abruptly rises from his seat and picks Freud up, stumbling backwards towards the exit while keeping his eyes locked on Serra.

You’ll see.

He then looks around the restaurant.

You’ll all see!

The other patrons stare, some laughing, as Kravinoff storms towards the exit while displaying Freud proudly for all to see.

Long live the King!

Becky looks on at the absurdity as the scene fades to black.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back