Kingdom Come: King For A Day

TheOneBigWill

[This Space for Rent]
l_c5c0b5f88b36ba18f284c0e79afa2a44.jpg

King For A Day: Steamboat Ricky v. Murf!sh v. Apotheosis v. Daniel Stokes v. Grand Mystique v. Vengeance:

The Meltdown after Lethal Lottery it was announced that a match-up better known as "King for a Day" would take place at Kingdom Come. The objective? To win an opportunity to have a title shot at any Championship you see fit in going after.

Each individual had to qualify through their own respective matches, however some weren't without controversy. Grand Mystique was the first individual to advance, by defeating Murf!sh, yet later that same night Murf!sh saw an opening and took it, by rushing into the ring and covering one half of the Washoe Valley Crew and advancing himself, thanks to a blind referee not knowing who he was, and the count being legal.

Vengeance & Apotheosis later qualified against two individuals that are now trying to become Tag Team Champions, but both men seem to have a unity among themselves. However in this match, only one can be King. So who turns first?

In the final week building up, a series of controversial issues came up. The first being Steamboat Ricky's advancement into the match-up, after D.C. mysteriously laid down and then walked out of the company all together? Why is still unknown. Meanwhile, Daniel Stokes was allowed into the match as long as he entered the Rios against the World match-up and that brings us to Six.

Also in recent episodes, Grand Mystique found himself the victim of a backstage assault, but by who is still in question. Murf!sh has taken it upon himself to be the bodyguard of Grand Mystique, at least heading into this match and on a recent episode of Meltdown, Murf!sh believed it was the pairing of Apotheosis & Vengeance that may have, or rather did, take out Mystique. It's still questionable whether that was the case or not.

All hell broke loose in the Rios against the World match, as practically everyone involved found themselves in a huge brawl. Who will win the first-ever King for a Day match-up? Who will be able to challenge for any Championship they feel worth going for? Find out at Kingdom Come.

ALL RP's are due by AUGUST 6th, 2008 (Wednesday) ONLY those involved in the match can RP for it. ONE RP ONLY!!!

Darkness, all around, suffocating, deep blackness...no sign of the remotest speck of light. There is a total absence of any semblance of sound, yet there is an unmistakable sense of presence within, a strange smell permeates the air. It is clear that someone is there, but in perfect stillness. A whisper can be heard from somewhere in the room

Why here, I sense you wonder? Why in such darkness, such solitude? I can feel your thoughts, you think it is because I am strange, deranged.

A low chuckle can be heard before the voice speaks again

I can assure you, nothing can be further from the truth...nay, they fear me, because they don't understand me, they see not as I see.

They see in terms of black and white...good and bad...wrong and right. I am not so naive as they, for the path I tread blurs their precious lines. Because they see no justifiable purpose for my actions, they call me deranged, mad, a misguided zealot.

The plans that are in place go beyond black and white, they transcend all that has come before, and I am the voice in the wilderness crying to prepare for the coming day...in my hands and mine alone lies the responsibility of ensuring what has been foretold comes to fruition.

This path, this testament to my mission runs straight through King for a Day. I enter this match to right what has gone before, to make atonement for the wrongdoings of others.

Murfish… you continually cross paths with me? You feel the need to persistently be a thorn in my flesh? You felt what I can do in the ring. I warned that there would be a scapegoat for the interferences. I warned Joseph Rios to be afraid of the moment I make him the target of my wrath and I fulfilled my word. You are in this match because you stole from others, you cheated both Apotheosis and I out of what was rightfully ours at Meltdown, you played most foully for it, and in the confines of the diabolic structure, I will be your Judge, Jury and Executioner.

Misguidance is a powerful weapon. The delusion of The Grand Mystique to fail to see how the hand of prophecy is playing out is laughable. I have tried to show you all how this shall play out, how simple it can be if only you would repent, if you would let me gather you under my wing, but you will not!

Instead, I find myself in a match against new abominations. With an individual who takes pride in his profession as a savage, a marauder, a man who has used gratuitous violence to make a name for himself. It has been said 'Blood will have blood'. Ricky has brought damnation on his head by his actions, and it shall be carried out at King for a Day.

Thrown into the mix is an individual who believes he has earned something by asking for it…Daniel Stokes, you shall soon realise that unlike the country of reprobates you hail from, this land is ruled by respect, and, should you survive the beating I will meet out, then you shall have gained some…chuckles maybe

Apotheosis…we are joined in this stand against the misguided buffoons who show a magpie-like obsession with shiny objects. Be warned, I am in this structure to inflict retribution on these abhorrent creatures. I have no desire to cross paths with one with the desire to see change, but if you should chose to interfere with the Master’s plan, I WILL be forced to act.

And so to King for a day. The bell invites me to taste glory if it be the Master’s will…to the others it shall a knell…summoning them to either Heaven or Hell. There shall not be any mercy…I dare do all that may fulfil His will, who dares do more is none.

The voice raises

Nothing shall come between carrying out the Will of the Master, all things are in his hands and shall be done as He wishes. Whether I enter first, or am last out of my cage, it matters not, as there will be Vengeance. I am not in WZCW for the petty things such as gold, titles, crowns, pitiful honours bestowed upon men to commemorate the insignificant trivia that they strive to attain. No, mine is a higher calling...a call to repentance, a call to retribution, a call to vengeance.

The day is coming...if you shall put away the abominations out of your sight, you shall not be destroyed. Otherwise my fury come forth like fire, and burn so that none can put it out; because of the evil of your doings.

Silence again, though this time there is the faint sound of breathing, pacing softly around the room. A match strikes. The eyes of Vengeance now visibly in the hazy glow of the match

.................... Be Warned. His Kingdom shall indeed Come. Do not be caught on the wrong end of the Master's Vengeance.

He throws down the match, and a trail of fire blazes up the wall, setting fire to an unknown substance smeared on the wall

In clear letters, the burning symbols say...’Something wicked this way comes!’

*The camera fades in. There is the clear scene of an open field, the sun are bright and there are only a few clouds to be seen in the sky. There is a small hut like building in the middle of the open patch, it looks small but cousy.*

*You can see Daniel Stokes walking closer to the camera, as his figure gets bigger as it comes forward. You can see he is wearing a plain shirt, plain shorts and a straw hat.*

Daniel - 'Ello mates, I'm taking you to my house today. This is what it is like in the beauty of the outback, in the arvo. I am here taking it all in, before I have to take it all out on my ... mates ... at Kingdom Come. See at Kingdom Come, the kingdom of Australia will have come to take its position in the world of wrestling, in the world of WZCW. Australia and I will have proven what the land girt by see, what our soil of gold, and what the land that is free, is made of.

*Daniel walks towards to hut, Daniel's house. The camera follows in behind at a small distance. Daniel is kicking up dirt and the wind is blowing it into the camera.*

Daniel - This hut here, this is the King's castle. This is my castle. The hut in the outback of Australia, is what the King lives his days in.

*Daniel moves in towards to varanda, there is a rocking chair. It is old and dusty, but it looks confortable in some relaxed way ...*

Daniel - And what is a castle, without the King's throne. My throne of course mate, 'cause I am the king. I look over the kingdom of the outback from this chair.

*Daniel sits on the rocking chair and looks idly into the distance. He starts rocking on it, and a breeze is moving his hat a bit.*

*The camera fades out, then fades back in again. We see Daniel at a table, most notably there is some vegemite and bread on the table.*

Daniel - Nothing says Aussie more than a vegemite sandwhich. Gotta love the stuff, gotta love the King's feast. This will be my victory feast after I win at Kingdom Come.

*Daniel spreads some of the vegemite on the bread and starts eating it. You can hear a faint 'Ugh' in the background, it sounds like the cameraman who doesn't seem to share the Aussie's liking of vegemite.*

*The camera fades in and out again. Daniel is standing in front of a building of ruins.*

Daniel - This here guys, is Port Arthur. The old jail for convicts in Tasmania. For me, this place represents The Elimination Chambah. The dark jail, the depressing confines, only the toughest of the tough could have survived such a dark eerie place. I know people ...

*Daniel stops for a moment. He seems to be taking a breath, but he has a sad look on his face.*

... that had their families in this hell. This is the hell that I am going to have to go through to become King. This is the hell that I will go through to become King.

I will not be eliminated, I will survive unlike my friend's families. I will be the Aussie that makes it through to the very end.

*Daniel's face becomes determined again, and he has a look of extreme focus cemented in his eyes.*

*The camera fades out and in again. This time we see Daniel sitting relaxed, lying down on the sofa in the lounge room. Daniel gets up, leans over to the bench and picks up the remote and turns on the TV. He then plays a recorded video.*

Voice off TV - ... And the King For A Day match at Kingdom Come, Steamboat Ricky vs. Murf!sh vs. Apotheosis vs. The Grand Mystique vs. Daniel Stokes vs. Vengeance, what a match it should be. Who will survive the Elimination Chamber? Who will claim the glory of being the first ever King?

*Daniel turns off the TV and sets the remote down.*

Daniel - You all saw that, you all saw who I will have to go through to become King. My biggest opponent on that list is ... myself ... first I must overcome being Aussie in this situation. First I must bring up the bloody courage in my blood, and fight like I have never fought before to prove myself as an Aussie, the prove us as Australians.

Now I guess we need to talk about my opponents, that will bring us to an understanding of what I have to do, what I will do.

First of all, Steamboat Ricky. Arrrrgggg mate, a pirate. Well the fight of a pirate is nothing to be overlooked. It's too bad there is more to fear in his smell than the man's in ring ability. The guy is tough, but he enough of a tough bugger to go through me? I don't think so mate.

Murf!ish, I am an Aussie, one of my hobbies is fishing. I go out with my mates to catch the critters like you, and to be honest ... I am the best of my mates to be catching fish. What could a fish possibly do, other than flopping around in the ring. The fish will be still of course, as they always do after being driven down under by The Stokes Drive.

Apotheosis, you want change, I will give you change. How about an Australia as a champ? How about me as a champ? Mate I am warning you, don't mess with an Aussie who needs to prove himself. Once I win that contendership spot, there will be a change around here.

The Grand Mystique doesn't seem so grand. How tough of a bloke can the guy be, he hides behind a mask. He hides behind a mask in shame. Unless of course the bloke is admitting to being ugly, in which case keep the mask on mate. The Aussies are enough to satisfy the ladies.

Vengeance am I ment to believe he will get what his name says? I guess he has no reason to have vengence yet, he will when I am done beating him in the ring though. The 'Master' bloke will have nothing to say about that, the master won't have anything to say after Vengeance has been crushed.

*Daniel gets up and walks over to the Australian flag he has up on the wall. He looks up to it, and admires it for second before he speaks.*

Daniel - This, this is what I wrestle for. I wrestle for Australia. I wrestle to prove that Australia has what it takes to make it big in wrestling. To make it big in WZCW. When the Kingdom Comes, I will be the King, Australia will have proven its worth. I will have proven what I have, and what it is to be an Australian.

I will not be eliminated, I will not be weak. The Thunder from Down Under will have made some noise. The guy from down under will come up from under, to be on top. The bloke from the country of green and gold, will have won his chance to fight for the gold. I will have won my chance to fight ... for Australia.

(Apotheosis is asleep in his hotel room, tossing and turning as if disturbed by some unseen tormentor)

Wake up, Dylan.

(Apotheosis’ eyes flutter open)

I have been watching you and it is time to change things. At Kingdom Come, you have the opportunity to change the entire landscape of WZCW forever by claiming the King for a day throne all for yourself. With that throne, you can show these people the truths they need to see and you can change them into better people.

(Apotheosis sits up, sweating, looking around searching for where the voice is coming from)

Where are you?

Why, I’m right here, of course, right in front of you.

WHERE ARE YOU?

Look in a mirror and then you’ll see me.

(Apotheosis enters his hotel bathroom, the floor littered with books and candles and looks into the mirror. He sees a man who looks exactly like Apotheosis, but with a divine glow about him)

Who are you?

I’m you, more or less, I am your spirit guide, your guardian angel, your connection to the divine, and the cause of all the experiences you’ve had. I reveal myself to you now because the time has come for you to change things. You have an opportunity at Kingdom Come, but you must be ready to stretch out your hand and grab it and that takes knowledge. Knowledge of your opponents, their strengths and their weaknesses.

I understand, tell me more, but I have one question. What do I call you?

Jacob, call me Jacob, but know that I am not your master, just a messenger.

Murf!sh, he obviously has a soft spot for Grand Mystique. He has taken on the role of Mystique’s personal bodyguard, and prevents anyone from hurting him. You know why, because he doesn’t want anyone else finishing the job he started. You can exploit this easily in the Chamber, the two will most likely be separated . You can take out that annoying little fish, he doesn’t pose that much of a threat because he’s too concerned about Mystique. Take him out and Grand Mystique is easy picking.

Grand Mystique, like I said, easy picking, he ‘s injured, he’s weak, and he’s not so grand. The only thing grand about him are his delusions of prophecies and destinies. He will stand in your way for long. Your sense and knowledge of the divine outweighs his so-called knowledge of the universe because after all, the divine created the universe. He accused you of attacking him and you explained the truth to him, but it seems that he did not listen. What must you do?

I have to make him feel the truth. I have to hurt him, severely.

That’s absolutely right. Daniel Stokes, unfortunately, I know nothing of him. He’s an inexperienced young man out to prove that both he and Australia are not to be taken lightly. Because of his inexperience, you can be his Great White shark and tear him to pieces. Nevertheless, do not take him lightly, he could surprise you. I’m not sure, but it seems that he has some rage and bitterness after being looked down upon so much because of his Australian heritage. He could be reckless and wild like an aborigine or he could be calm and collected like someone civilized. I’m not sure, but keep your eyes on him and be ready for anything.

Jacob, I appreciate you informing me of these things, but I can’t seem to shake the feeling that this is all a dream. Tell me, am I dreaming?

Dylan, it could be a dream, it might be real life, but know that what I have spoken to you is the truth. God speaks in many ways, He works in mysterious ways. If He wants me to speak to you in a dream, then so be it. Do not concern yourself with this matter. How He communicates is not important, it is what He communicates and the fact that he communicates with you at all that is important.

Continue with what you must tell me, Jacob.

These other two men, Steamboat Ricky and Vengeance, pose a much larger threat. These men, much like you, take pleasure and find enjoyment in pain. You must find a way to use this to your advantage and then you will have to combat this. Perhaps, the three of you could form some form of alliance to take out the other three and once that is complete, all hell will break loose between the three of you.

Steamboat Ricky, the hardcore icon, the Elimination Chamber might as well be his second home. This is his kind of match. Steel bars, steel chains, and the like are all around. If he utilizes these things, and he will, he will win. This cannot happen. While you may not have anything against him, he too needs to change. He takes this sport too lightly. He runs around making a mockery of everything around him. However, what he lacks in seriousness, he makes up for in his tolerance of pain. Dylan, you will have to use everything you know to take him down. He stood up to Manzo and withstood the punishment, which takes guts and stupidity. To stop him, you will have to hurt him within an inch of his life. He wants to be a hero, give him his call to adventure and invite him to begin his hero’s journey.

Vengeance, while he may be your ally and want the same things you do, he is extreme in his methods and message and while it gets the job done, it is not the divine path to voice truth and bring about change. You may work together in this match to eliminate the others, but if it comes down to the both of you, do not hesitate to hurt him, do not be afraid to cause him pain. If you have to go through him to claim the King for a Day throne, then so be it. You know what he can do, you’ve seen it, and so you will be ready for anything he has to offer.

Dylan, you must do whatever you have to claim this throne and bring about change. With this throne, these people will know the truth and the truth shall set them free. You know what you must do. I’ll be watching. Wake up, Dylan.

(A bright light fills the room and is suddenly gone. Apotheosis violently sits up, terrified and amazed at what has just happened. He gets out of bed, starts pacing throughout his hotel room and enters his bathroom searching for any semblance of what he just saw was real or a dream. He sees a pair of golden sandals, not belonging to him. He picks them and goes to sit down in a chair. He looks straight ahead holding the sandals)

I have just experienced the divine, face-to-face, and he told me what I must do. Murf!sh, Grand Mystique, Daniel Stokes, Steamboat Ricky, Vengeance, I am coming to Kingdom Come to claim the King for a Day throne and not one of you will stop me from attaining my goal. If anyone of one tries to stop me, I WILL HURT YOU! Leave me, I must reflect on what has just happened. I must focus and ready myself for Kingdom Come, for what I have to do.

(Apotheosis sits down cross-legged, and begins to meditate, with intermittent prayers)

Father, I thank you for sending your messenger Jacob to inform me of your will. I will obey your command. Strengthen and prepare me so that I may carry it out to completion. It is only by your mercy and grace that I compete in this match and it is by your very and grace that I will proclaim victory so that truth and change may be spread throughout the land so that your Kingdom may come once again. Amen.

(Apotheosis notices the cameraman is still there)

I SAID GET OUT NOW!

(Fade to black as the camera has been shut off and the cameraman has exited the hotel room)

A small, dimly lit room sees the Grand Mystique tying up his boots. He stands up to leave and as he opens, he is bashed over the head with a steel chair! GM falls back, knocked out. The screens blurs quickly as the assailant stands over him.

We are now inside the structure of the King for a Day match. GM rushes out of his pod as the final entrant. He hits Murfish with a Yakuza kick in the corner. Apotheosis comes over and whips him off of the ropes. GM ducks the clothesline attempt and bounces back off, coming back to hit a hard leg lariat. Vengeance comes over and tries to pick up GM and lifts him up. He tries to drop down with the Judge, Jury and Executioner brainbuster DDT but GM flips out of it and drops Vengeance with a neckbreaker!

Steamboat Ricky comes over and low blows GM, before putting in position for the Deck Swabber. GM fights out of it, falls behind Ricky and then hits him with a German suplex. Daniel Stokes comes over. He tries to pull up the recovering GM into position for the Stokes Drive but GM back body drops Stokes and then as the young Aussie gets up, GM kicks him in the gut, cinches in the double underhook and nails the Hand of Prophecy! Cover!!!!

1...2....a boot to the head breaks up the pin fall at the very last second. The screen blurs again as the figure that did it stands over GM.

The camera opens to an unremarkable square room. Above is a beautiful, cloudless night sky, with a full, round moon and hundreds of stars clearly defined against the dark backdrop. The starlight and moonlight mean that no additional artificial light is required to profile the detail of the room.

The room itself is a fairly decent size, approximately twenty foot square with unblemished floor-to-ceiling cream walls and lovely pine flooring throughout. The light comes through a thick Plexi-glass roof that spans the entire surface.
The room is empty except for a raised area at the end. On a closer inspection, the camera shows a base of steps covered with purple velvet. Placed on top is a large, regal-looking chair. The arms, legs and back are rimmed with thick, sparkling gold which surrounded plush, thick red cushioning. In the light of the room, it even appears to be framed by the moonlight.

Opposite the chair is a set of large double oak doors. The pristine silence of the room is shattered when these open inwards. The camera swings towards this.

There is no-one there.

The camera slowly moves to peek around the doors. To the left is a large gym area. This also has a transparent roof but the equipment around the floor casts shadows that darken it significantly. The camera moves around to the right.

Immediately there is a large man walking towards the camera. He is wearing a black trench coat but any other details are hidden by a hood. Very quickly the man is uncomfortably close to the camera, which is forced to back into the room.

The man walks to and past the camera and continues, going through the door and walking towards the raised chair.

He leaps up the three steps and takes a seat. He is hunched, leaning forward so his facial details are still not clear. From this position, he leans to his left and reaches into his right pocket. Pulling out a pack of playing cards, he starts shuffling. He sits back, raises his head and pulls back his hood. The light in this particular area of the room now makes it clear who it is.

GM: “Kingdom Come is upon us. WZCW superstars are ready to test themselves at the biggest event yet.”

The Grand Mystique is sat back with his shoulders against the back of the chair, his neck buried in the soft cushioning. He shuffles the cards, constant and rhythmic.

“And I, the Grand Mystique, am ready to confront five other Superstars in the King for a Day match. Without doubt, the biggest match of my career with unprecedented stakes and risk. Above all, the opportunity to become the Number One Contender to the WZCW World Heavyweight title takes precedent.”

“It is not often that the Grand Mystique will compare himself to EVERY superstar on the roster but we all share the one ultimate ambition. We all desire to be the number one wrestler in the company, the WZCW champion.”

GM goes to speak again but stops. His eyes roll to the back of his head. The silence of the room takes over for a few seconds. In the background a small indefinable sound is heard. This sound becomes more obvious as it gets louder. It is strains of GM’s entrance music. It stays in the background until the main line of the chorus.

“Back off, I’ll take you on. Headstrong I’ll take on everyone.”

The music stops suddenly. GM speaks again. The card shuffling resumes.

GM: “The similarities stop there. The war at Kingdom Come is inevitable. There will be casualties but the Grand Mystique is not ready to be one of them. It is all a case of preparation. And I will allow no doubt that the Grand Mystique is not ready for battle”

A stuttering video package appears. It shows highlights of GM’s WZCW career so far, which includes victories over Jesse, Pablo Colon and Murfish, followed by highlights of the tag match with Vengeance and Apotheosis in the last Meltdown before the pay-per-view, which ended in a double count out and even extended to the Rios vs WZCW roster match at the end of the broadcast.

In particular, it focuses on his great momentum going into the pay-per-view that is being described as WZCW’s biggest yet, drawing comparisons to the Super Bowl.

GM: “I am in the form of a lifetime; Stokes, Vengeance, Steamboat Ricky, Apotheosis and Murfish are all wishing that they have the impetus that I do at this point. Even putting me in the hospital didn’t work. I still came back. I am unbeaten and I intend on keeping it that way, until...”

GM stops talking again. There is more background noise. This gets louder and louder and it quickly becomes clear that it is crowd noise, cheering loudly. All of a sudden, a booming voice starts to talk.

Voice: “Your winner, and NEW WZCW World Heavyweight champion, the Grand Mystique!!!”

The voice is that of WZCW ring announcer, Kyle Harrys.

GM looks up and smiles. He stops shuffling and stands up. Picking up small chunks of the cards in his hand, he throws four lots to the floor, before walking over the mess of card he has just made in the middle of the floor.

The camera follows him for a second before stopping as he walks out the room. He turns left. The camera just stays in the room.

It slowly moves down to take in the mess of cards, before taking in the stark but clear message that GM has left in what appears to be an organised mess.

K F A D

The K is made up of Kings of all suits; the F is made up of fours. The A is aces and the D is random cards thrown together.

There is laughter in the background, as the camera fades.

------

The camera has caught up with Grand Mystique around the corner as he prowls the shadows of the gym area that we have seen earlier. He now prowls around the gym area wearing only a tight fitting pair of wrestling tights. The coat that he was wearing is now hung up on a nearby wall.

Walking over to the far corner, he goes to a punching bag, which hangs from the ceiling. He leans into it, nudging with it with his head and swinging it gently from side to side with his hands.

GM: “The war that is set to take place at Kingdom Come will be like no other match in the history of this company. There will be brutality unprecedented. Risks unparalleled. Rewards....Ah...the reward...”

GM begins to unload at the punching bag. Forearm smashes, uppercuts and stiff knee strikes all barrage the bag with unerring, consistent ferocity from all angles. GM sidesteps every swing, ducking and diving with professional timing. His defined upper body glistens with sweat in the moonlight.

After unleashing a final punch, GM steps forward and crouches as the bag reaches its highest point at the top of its’ swing. As it comes down, GM springs up and puts a muscular right arm out in the path of the bag as it travels down.

GM then places his right leg around and in front as the bag comes down, making contact with his arm. He then brings his the force of his body down. The bag, trapped between GM’s right arm and leg, is taken down; it crashes to the floor along with the chain that held it in the ceiling. Dust immediately surrounds GM.

GM presses himself up from the floor. Without caring to dust himself off, he walks away. Grabbing a bottle of water from a nearby table, he takes a gulp and takes a couple of deep breaths in and out. He takes in his surroundings, looks up at the sky above and then speaks.

GM: “I am spending a lot of time here. For me, preparation is paramount, to giving myself the best opportunity, not willing to become just another victim, another casualty of war.”

GM is clearly relaxed. He speaks in a measured tone, calmly and with an optimistic edge. He takes another long gulp of water.

” If I go into the King for a Day match at Kingdom Come at the top of my game, then I come out with what I am looking for. The Grand Mystique has the opportunity to fight for the World Heavyweight title, at any time of my choosing.”

“I won’t get ahead of myself. But let’s address the competition....”

GM places the empty bottle on a nearby table and sits on an exercise bike and begins to pedal very slowly.

“Steamboat Ricky thinks he has proven himself to be hardcore. Ben Legend, Maxx, even Manzo has not posed the challenge of the five men that he is about to face. Me hearty, it sounds like he has spent too much time with his parrot and that bottle of lighter fluid. But in that structure, a great equaliser, he is no more pirate than I am. His future is full of pain.”

“Daniel Stokes, you fat little Australian marsupial, you think you can insert yourself into this match and come off lightly. You have no idea what WZCW has in store for you. This is going to be the taster and you never ever want to come back for seconds.”

“Australians are apparently pretty good at sport. Well mucka, you can shove your Ashes-losing, oval-ball-kicking, soap-watching countrymen up your toy koala”

GM begins to pedal quicker.

“Vengeance and Apotheosis, I know a lot of you two. Among all this talk of Master this and pain that, I believe that you two are in a secure, fantasy-based relationship with each other. In fact I would go as so far as saying that you take turns at being the Master!”

“Well you two, not to break up a happy home but the Grand Mystique wants to call time on this union. A title opportunity is at stake and I intend on taking you both out on the way to winning this chance of a lifetime!”

“And Murfish......”
GM begins to pedal even faster but the pedal mechanism snaps off violently. GM looks down, out of breath, then looks up to the camera. “You have been the one to stand with the Grand Mystique recently and for that I am grateful. But with all your kind intentions, I don’t expect this match to be anything less than an all out war on the mind, body and spirit. For that, any partnership or affiliation ends here.”

“That title opportunity is already in my possession in my mind’s eye. I will not allow myself to be distracted. I am not a supporting act. The Grand Mystique is coming to make his destiny for himself. It has kept me awake night after night.
*GM pounds his fist on the frame of the machine, the intensity in his voice goes up a notch* I have promised and promised that the WZCW World title is in my future. This is the opportunity that I have craved. The Grand Mystique stands alone. Underestimated by many, misjudged by others. Supported by one.”

“A message for them all. Ignore the past, focus on me and our future....there is no question about my fitness going into this match. If you fail to bring everything and more then you will simply not survive”

“And, Ricky, Apotheosis, Stokes, Murfish and Vengeance, you will not beat me in preparation. And in terms of fitness, strength and technical ability, I run rings around every one of you! My training has started and will not finish until I am your World Heavyweight Champion. No expense spared, no lies told, all promises kept. I was the first man in the match; I will be the last one out”

GM walks away, grabbing another bottle of water in the process. The camera moves up and ends with the moon at the focus as GM’s voice can be heard.

GM: “Because the Big Bang cometh, to make the Grand Mystique King for a Day!!!”

***OOC note: Re: the KFAD, this was supposed to be made up of keyboard characters but it didnt look right when it came to be posted, therefore you have the enlarged characters instead.***

*screen flicker*

*screen flicker*

Copeland: OH MY GOD…HE’S BEEN BROKEN IN HALF!!!

*What awaits me at my doorstep?*

Copeland: Ricky picks him up….DECKSWABBER! Ricky goes for the cover….1…..2…..3! We’ve got a new WZCW EurAsian Champion!

*A match made in heaven? A gold mine deep in the cave? A diamond in the rough?*

Copleand: 1….2….3! Steamboat Ricky and Wonderboy are the new WZCW Tag Team Champions!

*Or a date…*

Copeland: DECKSWABBER! DECKSWABBER! DECKSWABBER! We’re going to have a new WZCW Heavyweight Champion of the World! Cover…1……2…..

*with the reaper.*

Copeland: ….KICKOUT by Havoc.

--Image of frustrated Ricky--

Copeland: They’re both on top of the cell…they exchange right hand….wait a minute….OH MY GAWD! Ricky…Ricky has been broken in half! Havoc just sent Steamboat Ricky sailing of the side of that Hell in a Cell!!!!

*Will my world come crashing down?*

Copeland: SOMEBODY HELP THIS MAN! He’s been thrown through the top of the cell!!!

*And my work be for nothing?*

Copeland: Havoc goes for the cover…..1….2….3. Havoc retains.

*Or will I rise to the occasion?*

--Image of Ricky standing up by his own strength after the Hell in a Cell match.--

FADE

*Steamboat Ricky is sitting in his dressing room, as Jonny Klamor enters the scene hoping to get an interview.*

Klamor: Ricky, can we get an interview?

Ricky: Sure Jonny.

*Something seems a bit different with Ricky...he does not appear to be as high-spirited and goofy as usual.*

Klamor: Here we are, with THE MAN!...Steamboat Ricky, the “Icon of Insanity,” the “Originator of Awesome,” and the “Magistrate of Mayhem.” Ricky, Sunday at Kingdom Come, the greatest event in the history of our business, you will be entering an Elimination Chamber for a chance to become the FIRST EVER King of WZCW. What are your thoughts going into the match?

Ricky: You see Jonny, I may be a fairly young man, but I’ve been in this business longer than anyone in WZCW. That is a testament to the amount of young talent that this roster bestows and why WZCW is the premier federation in the industry of professional wrestling.

*Ricky pauses momentarily, taking a sip of water.*

That being said…I have seen it all. I have travelled around the world, doing what I love to do…performing in the ring. I have generally always had gold around my waist, as I have garnered nearly every championship that WZCW has to offer. I remember about 7 years ago, I had the privilege of walking down that aisle with Wonderboy, capturing the WZCW Tag Team Titles from The Clique, cementing my name in tag team immortality.

*Ricky takes a championship belt out of his bag.*

You see this, Jonny? This is the WZCW EurAsian Championship. I was once voted the Greatest EurAsian Champion of All-Time by my peers, which is an honor that I hold dear to my heart. To be voted the BEST at anything by the guys that you beat night in and night out is an honor that cannot be understated.

*Ricky puts the belt back in the bag. He then proceeds to stick his face uncomfortably close to the camera.*

You see this scar, Jonny? This is a scar I got from Ben Legend during one of my various WZCW Mayhem Title defenses. If you look over the rest of my body, you will find countless other scars…scars that I wear with pride because they remind me…they remind me of the sacrifices I have made for this business. I shed blood each and every time I walk out to that ring, whether it is my own or the blood of my opponent…you can bet your bottom dollar that there will be a crimson trail in the arena. But that is simply the price we pay to make it to the top.

*Ricky pauses again…rubs his chin a bit, then resumes, not looking at the camera…*

I’ve done my best to entertain the fans each time I lace up my boots, and I hope that everyone thinks they have gotten their money’s worth when they’ve paid to see me wrestle. I like to think of myself as their hero, as a role model to kids growing up in a society where heroes are few and far between. I’ve tried to stand up for what is right, just, and good in the world, and I think that the crowd respects and appreciates that.

*Ricky’s eyes seem to squint, his face becoming more sadistic.*

I’ve put people through tables, I’ve gone through tables myself, I have been thrown off the top of a cell, I’ve leaped off of 40 foot scaffolding onto an ambulance. Why did I do those things and put myself in those situations? Because I knew that I had to lay everything on the line in order to win. Sometimes I won, sometimes I didn’t…but I don’t for a second regret any pain that I’ve felt in order to achieve victory.

*Ricky sits down, folds his hands, and slightly raises the intensity of his voice.*

Yes, Jonny. I’ve been through it all. I’ve been to Tokyo, Albuquerque, Norfolk, VA, Toronto, Chicago, Birmingham, Phoenix, Los Angeles, Moscow, New York, and New Orleans. I’ve been around the world and back. I’ve sold out arenas and headlined cards with the greatest in the history of this business…

*Ricky stands up, seemingly begins to yank on his hair, and looks intensely and somewhat possessed at the camera.*

BUT IT MEANS NOTHING! NOTHING, JONNY!!!! The titles, the accolades, the bumps, the cheers, the riches, the fame…..it’s all for NOTHING! It’s all for nothing because I have not accomplished my primary goal in wrestling…becoming World Champion. I’ve had my chances, but each time, I’ve come up short. I put former WZCW World Heavyweight Champion Havoc through the most grueling and bloody match of his career in Hell in a Cell, but STILL…I still left the cell empty handed.

*Ricky seemingly regains his composure, and sits back down.*

It’s always been about one thing, though, Jonny. It’s ALWAYS been about the WZCW Heavyweight Championship of the World. When you wear that belt, it goes without questioning that you are the absolute BEST in this industry. I’ve worked my tail off to be where I’m at today…and it FINALLY appears to be paying off.

You see, Jonny, two of my opponents seem to be concerned with doing the will of their “master(s)” and waking up the WZCW to their vision of righteousness. They seem to have this “destiny” to rid the organization of its sins and convince the souls of the WZCW to join them in their quest. But Jonny, I fail to see how destiny is on their side when they have found themselves in a match that was custom made FOR ME. Jonny, we’re talking 2 MILES of chain…over 10 TONS of solid steel. With the exception of a 36’x16’ dome of air, there is no escaping me once those chambers open. It doesn’t matter who the opponents are, there is going to be a symphony of precise destruction played in the Citrus Bowl at Kingdom Come.

*Ricky cracks his neck and knuckles, looks straight into the camera*

…And then, Jonny, my road to redemption will begin.

*Ricky exits the locker room in a flash, but seems to leave something behind. The camera zooms to find a broken violin with the names "MURFISH," "VENGEANCE," "APOTHEOSIS," "THE GRAND MYSTIQUE," and "DANIEL STOKES" engraved in the wood. Laying next to it is a bow containing the carved words "STEAMBOAT RICKY." The camera then turns off, and all is black.*

The following voiceover is done by the man that does the T.N.A. video packages.

------------------------------------------

Voiceover: Royalty…

*Video fades to a throne and scepter, it begins to circle the throne for a panoramic shot.*

…it is something that we all wish to be. It is one of the few common longings shared by all of humanity. It represents money, power, and status and a chance to be greater than you are. It is alluring and has turned many to immorality over it. It’s effect resonates today, beating in the hearts and minds of all those with a fantasy to no longer be person…but rather a…

King

*Video fads into a crown and resumes a panoramic view of it*

Above all other royalty and above all other people, the king looks down at the people as if they were ants. He decides their ultimate destiny based on his own whims. Countless lives have been broken over these individuals who are as close as you can get to being a deity. To gain such power, such unstoppable influence...what would you do? Would you lie? Would you cheat? Would you kill? Would you turn over all that you hold dear just for that chance to elevate yourself from mundane existence?

*Video cuts to clips of the KFAD qualifiers.*

Well soon six men will partake in war to capture the crown. They will put their bodies and careers on the line for a chance to take control for once in their lives. They will do things that they can never be proud of all for this one chance. And that is all it is…a chance. For in the structure that they will do battle in, there are no guarantees. It is a world beyond all preconceptions of what a match is…

*Video fades into a view of a standard wrestling ring*

This ring has housed many classics. It is a simple device meant to facilitate the making of wrestling matches. It is a place to professional competition and for sportsmanlike conduct.

*A steel cage is lowered over the ring*

When the steel cage is lowered onto the ring the dynamic changes completely. This ring now becomes a place to end disputes and cause pain. They cage itself is a weapon that can be utilized with deadly efficiency.

*The steel cage is removed and the Hell in a Cell cage is lowered.*

When this cage is brought out, things have become personal and the grievances are unforgivable. This is used when participants wish to truly destroy each other and to make sure that the other doesn’t walk back into the ring. But when history is settled, there is one contraption that is far more deadly than even this.

*The Hell in a Cell cage is raised and the KFAD cage is lowered.*

This cage, constructed with miles of chain and tons of steal, is truly a housing that was created by the devil himself. It was made to decimate not two, but six men who are desperately hoping only to survive and be able to walk out alive. It is literally made for destruction and designed to bring about the chaos that will ensue when these men fight to claim what they all believe to be their birthright.

*Video cuts to KFAD qualifier with GM and Murfish, then to the way Murfish got his spot.*

But one man stands above the rest in the tournament of would-be kings. He has proven not only that he has the cunning and drive to be achieve greatness, but also that he has the loyalty and trust that would be great trait worthy of only the finest king.

*Video cuts to darkness with a sole spotlight shining down on Murfish while he psyches up for an oncoming match(Goldberg style).*

He is a physical specimen that has proven to be difficult to contain in the ring. He has an archetypical build for a successful wrestler and is preparing to make a name for himself in Wrestle Zone Championship Wrestling. He uses strength, speed, and surprising agility in order to keep foes down for the count. He was all but crafted to hold gold when he was born.

*Murfish stops moving and looks directly at the camera.*

But there is one aspect of Murfish that propels him further beyond others. His mental state, and more specifically his case of M.P.D., multiple personality disorder, allow him transcend the limits that sanity ultimately places on one during the coming conflict. While his dominant personality is that of a typical wrestler, one of a man who has come to this place seeking competition and maybe even to dish out some pain, his subdues personality makes his other look like a docile little girl. Vicious and fool hardy, he is able to destroy opponents without feelings of guilt or remorse. He lacks all base human emotions…save for one. It is arguably the most important to him because it is rage. With little to no regard for his own safety, he attacks others with unheard of tenacity. This condition is all the more useful when facing those who have had dealings with his dominant personality because it causes confusion and throws them off guard. Still, he doesn’t capitalize…he doesn’t plan…because his is not truly a man…he is a force of nature that will be unleashed on the ring. And his opponents, lets see what he thinks of them…

*Video cuts to Murfish sitting down, about to speak about KFAD.*

Murfish: What do I think about my opponents? Well I’d tell you that there isn’t much to say but I think that we all know that that isn’t true. There is some stiff competition. I have to walk in there and do my best to take down six other men in order to proclaim myself as king of WZCW. They are all some of the best that WZCW has to offer right now and some of the best up and comers that this company has ever seen. Each of them has their own strengths and weaknesses that I will try to utilize when I am by myself in that cage and fighting to survive.

Vengeance is without doubt a threat to my crown. Following orders seemingly sent from above, be commands great power and speed. But Vengeance, I will end you. I will tear you apart and there is nothing your master will be able to do. Then I am going to break down your belief system because I plan exposing you master and showing you what a fraud he is. That is right man, your life is a lie and I plan on proving it to you. And when everything is said and done…I will be your master and king. Despite your faith and hard work, I will break down the walls of your existence and as these once secure walls are falling in on you I can only hope that all you will be able to think about is that I did this to you. That is right, I will do that and I will end your bright flame before you even get a chance to begin.

Apotheosis is yet another new star that seems to have a lot of potential and ambition. He seems to have been on a journey and has come to some kind of realization. It is one which he wishes to extend to us in some manner or another. But WZCW is not a place of realization and enlightenment. It is not a place where learning thrives and we can all sit fat and lazy upon broken ideals. Whatever it is that you have figured out…whatever it is that you want to share and convert us with has no place in WZCW. It belongs in a church, where real humanity is covered up and sugarcoated. This, what we do, is real and unadulterated humanity, it is what mankind would be like if it were to be set free. And that is something your beliefs can never coexist with.

Daniel Stokes is still somewhat of a wildcard in my eyes. He had a solid performance in the roster match and appears to be going places fast. But he needs to realize that to win in that demonic cage you need an intensity and ferocity that he just doesn’t have. He just doesn’t have the killer instinct required to destroy an opponent in the middle of the ring. He is soft and regardless of what country he hails from he can’t overcome that obstacle. And being Australian in itself will not save him when I pound his face into the cage and make him wish that he had stayed in his home country. When I make him beg for mercy, what will his heritage do to aid him? What will it do to prevent him from being knock him out cold in the center of the ring? What will it do to make him king? Nothing, it will not aid him in any way when he decides to step cautiously into the ring with men who are hell bent on ending him.

Steamboat Ricky is probably the most dangerous man walking to the cage. He eats, drinks, and breathes hardcore and will have no doubts when risking life and limb for the opportunity to be king. He is diabolical in his undeniable will. So in order to win this most important match, I must do the outright impossible: that is to break Steamboat Ricky. Regardless of how many times he gets back up or how many times he cries out ‘I will never give up,’ I will beat him back down with increasing force and undeniable prejudice. Eventually he will get back up, and that will signal that I have either broken this hardcore legend’s will, or that I have broken his back. Whichever comes first I will make sure his is wary of someone for the first time in his natural born life.

Finally there is the Grand Mystique, the true conundrum of WZCW. He was dealt an injury that should have kept him out of this match altogether, but he showed his stuff in two matches at the next Meltdown. He has been assaulted by both Vengeance and Apotheosis several times. In my opinion it would be better if he just stays home. Seriously brother, just stay home. I have helped him in the past and because of me he isn’t paralyzed from the neck down. But if he walks into that cage, I won’t be able to protect him. More importantly, I won’t try to protect him. He is walking into hell and if he expects me to treat him any different from the people I suspect attacked him to begin with, then his is wrong…dead wrong. In fact I might just go after him a little harder and try to teach you a lesson that you obviously haven’t learned yet. When you are down…stay down, or else someone, namely me, will beat you back until you legitimately can’t get back up. I don’t care if it is your destiny to compete or if a prophecy claims that you will win. Because by entering the structure you with give up your destiny and your career will be lost.

I know I can win this. Whether I become king by climbing over friends or corpses I will conquer WZCW and show them what true royalty is. For in the deepest darkest corner of my mind there is a force that has been waiting to be let out. I know that this match will bring him out in full bloom, but honestly the others will regret meeting him. He is going to pick them off and make sure that they all learn their roles as mere peasants.

*Video cuts back to the KFAD match.*

Voiceover: Who will win? You will soon find that this fish is a lot tougher than most people considered him to be. And soon he will have WZCW in the palm of his hand.

*Video cuts to Murfish walking out to the ramp of the arena.*

WZCW should be prepared, for the very fondation of WZCW is about to be shaken at its core when a new leader is brought to power.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back