Kermit Presents: The WZCW Awards Stats & History

Kermit

the Frog
With the WZCW awards being announced on Aftershock tonight or tomorrow, I thought it would be fun to look at all the past winners in WZCW and also find out who is the king when it comes to total award accumulation. The only years I could find, unless I'm missing something, where awards were given out are 2012, 2011, 2010, and 2007. Without further ado, here they are:

All Award Winners (Kayfabe):
*Note that superstars were given awards if they were involved in multiple person storylines and/or feuds.
23iyryg.png

All Award Winners (Non-Kayfabe):
Note*Writers of Match of the Year were given an award in this list.
2hy9gfp.png

Full Award History (Warning: Big image)
*Note that I separated the two categories into kayfabe awards and non-kayfabe.
11jbryt.png

Feel free to discuss the information in this thread.

Cheers!

Some random thoughts:

• How Ty dodged getting favorite Creative Writer or co-sharing the award during his time on Creative is beyond me.
  • Unscripted did a 3-peat for hosting the match of the year, but without even having a representing match on the ballot it looks like the streak has ended.
  • Gelgarin's Black Dragon character is truly a hidden gem when looking at WZCW history. The guy was the best Rper during his stint, but leveled out with the upper tier towards the end of his run. Really a shame that his story in WZCW ended on a sour note with mixed-bag booking.
  • Only one guy out of the "Breakthrough" or "Rookie" of the years ever came to know world title gold. That only man was Disasterpiece and I'm pretty sure he is on record as the shortest world title reign in WZCW history. That is a shame.

How Ty never received an RPer of the Year Award is a surprise too, especially as he had Best NPC use, as well as Best RP. I'm also surprised at how many awards Big Dave has won as well, I forgot he was a wrestler of the year and was in the best match for two years in a row. Funny how you forget the little things.

I also like how SHIT went from worst match of 2011 to best match of 2012.

I miss Gordito.

How Ty never received an RPer of the Year Award is a surprise too, especially as he had Best NPC use, as well as Best RP. I'm also surprised at how many awards Big Dave has won as well, I forgot he was a wrestler of the year and was in the best match for two years in a row. Funny how you forget the little things.

I also like how SHIT went from worst match of 2011 to best match of 2012.

I miss Gordito.

Crazy since he basically had a 1-year world title reign. I think the fact that it is "Favorite Rper" and not "Best Rper" might have cost him it. Some people just like it way more casual, however I would have to say that Ty is one of the smoothest Rpers I've ever read. Even in his long discourses I never found myself getting bored.

That is not meant in any way to take anything away from Doc, who won Favorite Rper in the year of Ty's reign.

What was the whole Johnny Scumm/Black Dragon ordeal that I've heard about?

And I agree. Black Dragon probably was in the top 3 best RP'ers in the fed ever after what I read from Gelgarin.

DP didn't RP for his title win, he was going into the army so it was a thank you thing.

Worst Match of 2010 and Worst Storyline of 2010 are the only things I have under my belt. Le sigh....

DP didn't RP for his title win, he was going into the army so it was a thank you thing.

Interesting. For general clarification my "That's a shame" comment is not so much singling out Disasterpiece's short title run, but is more directed at the fact that all the guys with potential and momentum who won awardshave not been able to seize a lengthy WHC run or more title shots.

The only award I remember getting was from the AOC/WZCW story line. And I second the notion of best finisher.

Some random thoughts:
Gelgarin's Black Dragon character is truly a hidden gem when looking at WZCW history. The guy was the best Rper during his stint, but leveled out with the upper tier towards the end of his run. Really a shame that his story in WZCW ended on a sour note with mixed-bag booking.

Tch. I made Black Dragon.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back