WZCW EOY Awards [Official] Discussion

Viola Moonlight

I'm Literally Just Here for WZCW
Hey guys,

The WZCW End of the Year Awards will be coming up soon and before we get to the voting, I thought it would be a great idea to discuss with everyone what choices you think should be eligible when it comes time to submit your votes. I know some people will need their memory refreshed over what happened the entire year, which comprised of:

Meltdown Madness (episode 67) - Unscripted '12

Everything from and including MD67 to Unscripted '12 can be nominated.​

I'd like to get some feedback on whether you guys would like to have the 2012 awards be presented as apart of Meltdown (kayfabe awards only) or to have its own show like the Oscars or the Academy awards. I'd also like to find out whether you want the awards to be free-range (everyone picks whatever they want without restrictions) or be multiple choice (we gather the best/most popular nominations and everyone chooses from there). If you guys have suggestions regarding additions/removals/changes to these awards, you can bring this up in the discussion as well. We want to make this award ceremony as best as we possibly can. Here are the predicted awards thus far:

The Awards:
Best Wrestler of the Year
Worst Wrestler of the Year

Best Storyline of the Year
Worst Storyline of the Year

Best Match of the Year
Worst Match of the Year

Best PPV of the Year
Worst PPV of the Year

Best "Show Episode" of the Year
Worst "Show Episode" of the Year

Tag Team of the Year

Moment of the Year

Surprise of the Year

Title Reign of the Year

Feud of the Year

RP of the Year

Title Win of the Year

Rookie of the Year (separate to Mentorship Program winner)

Breakthrough performance of the Year

Favourite Creative Writer

Favourite Guest Writer

Favourite RPer of the Year

Best use of a NPC

Remember, this IS NOT a thread to vote (that will be done separately, possibly via secret PM again) but to discuss what could be possible nominations for these awards and refresh everyone's memories.

Happy discussions!

The PMing system is basically there to make it a surprise for everyone when it comes time to announce the awards. If we do public votes, then I see no need to present the awards on its own show like the Oscars. I'm willing to do the effort of creating a separate show if the awards come off as a surprise and people will be wanting to read it.

In saying this, I'm not opposed to have the votes be public - I'd prefer private voting with the added surprise feature. However, if you guys want public over private then I'm more than happy to cater.

Best Wrestler of the Year- Action Saxton
Worst Wrestler of the Year- Darren Bull

Best Storyline of the Year- Action Saxton vs. Saboteur for spoons
Worst Storyline of the Year- GM vs. Bowen, simply because it could have been so much bigger

Best Match of the Year- Oh man, I can't remember which match it was specifically, but Kermit wrote one for the one of the weekly shows where he incorporated instant replay and commercial breaks, and I thought that was great. I nominate that one.

Worst Match of the Year- Was Roulette this year or last? Because if it was this year, I nominate Saboteur and Scumm vs. Baller and Overlast, simply because of... penguins.

Best PPV of the Year- KC
Worst PPV of the Year- Apocalypse

Best "Show Episode" of the Year- The Meltdown Saxton and Saboteur brawled around the world.
Worst "Show Episode" of the Year- Meltdown 81

Tag Team of the Year- Saxton and Saboteur!

Moment of the Year- Ty Burna takes control of WZCW

Surprise of the Year- Ty Burna retires

Title Reign of the Year- Triple X as Elite X Champ

Feud of the Year- Saxton vs. Saboteur

RP of the Year- Doc's Pizza Planet RP

Title Win of the Year- Drake Callahan

Rookie of the Year (separate to Mentorship Program winner)- I have two: Triple X and Ace Stevens

Breakthrough performance of the Year- Stormrage

Favourite Creative Writer- FunKay

Favourite Guest Writer- I'm not going to nominate myself... so Triple X I suppose.

Favourite RPer of the Year- Doc, but that's a given. Let's also toss in TBK. I love Le Gentleman Masqué.

Best use of a NPC- Krypto and RJ.

The PMing system is basically there to make it a surprise for everyone when it comes time to announce the awards. If we do public votes, then I see no need to present the awards on its own show like the Oscars. I'm willing to do the effort of creating a separate show if the awards come off as a surprise and people will be wanting to read it.

In saying this, I'm not opposed to have the votes be public - I'd prefer private voting with the added surprise feature. However, if you guys want public over private then I'm more than happy to cater.

There's definitely something to be said for the public voting, especially if we do a Slammy style Supershow in the near future. If that's the route we take, I'm all for the secret vote.

I get why it's there, it doesn't matter to me if it's a surprise or not, if everybody else wants to do it then it's fine. And when you mean creating a separate show what exactly do you mean? Making it apart of kayfabe and basically having an awards show where people accept the awards "in character". Or just releasing them in the next WZCW Magazine?

I'd would be for it being secret if Meltdown turned into a Slammy style show. Now that would be cool.

We can do Meltdown as a Slammy show or have the awards like a Hall of Fame ceremony. Fans and stars alike attend in the audience with different hosts doing different awards with short speeches.

The prospect of S.H.I.T, Saboteur, and Ace Stevens presenting an award makes the idea of a Slammy type show way more exciting to me. I'd love to see that.

The prospect of S.H.I.T, Saboteur, and Ace Stevens presenting an award makes the idea of a Slammy type show way more exciting to me. I'd love to see that.

I would love to see Ace Stevens act as host for the awards and then have other past superstars such as Everest make appearances to hand out the awards.

I would love to see Ace Stevens act as host for the awards and then have other past superstars such as Everest make appearances to hand out the awards.

This this this. A Slammy-style award show would be fun, especially with Ace as host.

Man, I miss Ace...

I hope Ace returns before KC rolls around.

Just have one full round be nothing but Meltdown Awards show matches, and ideas already mentioned too.

One issue with Slammy-style, though - The non-kayfabe ones like RPer of the Year. Maybe they could be "site-only" ones, or awards given by Nick PagLeeno of WrestlezoneZone, complete with writeups to make the winners feel warm and fuzzy!

One issue with Slammy-style, though - The non-kayfabe ones like RPer of the Year. Maybe they could be "site-only" ones, or awards given by Nick PagLeeno of WrestlezoneZone, complete with writeups to make the winners feel warm and fuzzy!

I was thinking the same thing. It would be pretty funny if Nick PagLeeno, the dirt sheet expert of WZCW, talked about how WZCW execs are high on the writing ability of (insert RP'er here) as well as the booking skills of (insert match writer here). They were particularly fond of the promo where (insert RP of the year here).

I think J, Doc, and Cooper are onto something. You could have a special show with different wrestlers past and present presenting the kayfabe awards, maybe even a few celebrity parodies thrown in the mix. Then for the non kayfabe awards you could present a dirtsheet style report.

If we go with a special show I think it would be interesting to allow some people to write speeches. You don't have to inform the winners ahead of time(assuming we go private votes), just have nominees write an acceptance speech if they want.

Hell throw an impromptu Mayhem Title match in for shits and giggles. That has potential, a Mayhem match in the middle of an award show. That would bring in ratings.

So are we supposed to be posting nominations in this thread or not? Because if I'm the only person nominating, I change all my votes for myself/Saboteur.

I think the votes will be private because everyone has agreed to a WZCW Academy Awards show, which we (creative) are all for. We just need to set-up a date.

I'd gladly do that.

Are we going to do nominations or are we just going to do open voting? Personally I think we should go off nominations if it isn't too late, that way you don't have someone voting for a guy simply because they dislike them. I think that reared its head in the magazine voting a short while back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back