Kenny King Back to ROH?

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
Screen%20Shot%202015-09-18%20at%2010.13.46%20PM.png

Guess another one bites the dust?

No idea what his contract was like, and TNA was doing nothing with him, so I can't blame him for bailing, but man, the heels continue to drop like flies!

As I've said: what possible reason is there to stick with TNA right now? We're to the point where a house show tour is a big deal and these guys are on pay per appearance agreements. Why would you want to stick around?

As for King, yeah it's clear TNA had nothing for him. He's been around for a few years and has won a few X-Division titles, but since then he's fallen off a cliff. He came back for what sounded like a good face promo and then lost to Bram, followed by a loss in a six man. If they don't want him around, go somewhere where you're on pay per view. It's a major step up at this point.

In truth I kinda saw this coming. Since the BDC was forced to disband King was all that was left of them. From there it was only a matter of time before he would be a complete afterthought. Of course this was no fault of his, but I'm also glad he's back in ROH. Supposedly that bridge was burned, but that was mainly Cornette that took offense to how it all went down. Nevertheless, he's in a better position to be used regularly with the reformation of ANX.

KK was hinting at his future back when MVP left TNA.

It's not surprising that he's left, he's really been underused in TNA and it's another blow for the X-Division, unless your a Crazzy Steve or Grado fan.:wtf:

It was something to be expected. After BDC disbanded there was really nothing else for him to do and going to ROH is a step forward in his career. Does TNA lose a good talent? Yes. Is it for good? Probably not. I am guessing he's working on a pay-per-appearance kind of deal, so TNA should have no problem getting him for some tapings if they want to. I doubt they have the brains to realize he's actually a good talent to use, but that's something for another thread.

With the win against the Briscoes last night, I fully expect him and Rhett Titus to become one of the best teams in the indy scene. Let's hope the booking is helpful. Dang, now I want to watch them two vs. Shelley and KUSHIDA.

I am glad that Sinclair saw past Cornette's BS and brought King back to RoH. You figgered that once BDC went tits up that King would be a lost cause in TNA. Did not think King could go home again. But, Sinclair saw talent rather than personal politics. It was what is good for business.

BTW, if you guys were not able to catch All-Star Extravaganza, that was a GREAT match between ANX and the Briscoes. Kenny King looked like a new man.

Can't really take a promotion like ROH seriously when idiot smark fans throw streamers in the ring, and the place looks like a VFW Hall.

Too bad about King. He was one of the more exciting members of the Beat Down Clan.

I find it funny with TNA - a wrestler complains and they seem to let them out of their contract right away. I mean, remember when Nash left - he had already signed a new contract then asked to be let out of it and they let him. Don't know if that is the case here but seems odd that he just left the company and there was no talk about a contact being up or anything.

Why didn't King just go to WWE? He would shine in NXT. Bring in MVP and Low Ki and do a BDC reunion there.

King didn't go to WWE for the same reason I don't have an in-ground swimming pool in my backyard, and a Ferrari in my garage. I'm assuming that just about every indie wrestler would want to work for the WWE, making a hefty six figure/year salary...but it's just not in the cards for everyone. To add to your point, WWE is way more likely to bring in RoH talent to NXT (as evidenced by so many on the current WWE/NXT roster) than they are with TNA talent. King will have many more options when he's done with his RoH run than he would've if he'd stayed put in TNA...unfortunate as that is, it's the truth.

I hadn't seen anything about Kenny King going back to RoH, as I'm not an avid viewer of the product - so I don't go out of my way to find news on RoH either. I have been watching for a few weeks now however, and I was extremely surprised when I put on All Star Extravaganza VII and saw KK on the show. KK was on last week's episode of Impact (the last episode that aired, I mean), and I believe that was taped back at the end of July. If that is/was King's last appearance on TNA TV, that would mean that he wouldn't have wrestled at all for almost two months - in between his Impact appearance and his tag match for RoH.

Ever since the breakup of the BDC, I think I've only seen King on Impact twice. The first was him coming back and announcing the "new" Kenny King (or something along those lines), and sort of turning face. The other time I remember was last week's episode, when he had a decent match against Tigre Uno for the XD Title...which King lost. If we truly were seeing the new Kenny King there, then he was definitely better off going back to the old Kenny King - and getting a spot with RoH. I'm sure King's decision was influenced a bit by MVP & Low-ki too - not just their departure, but you'd have to think that King was talking to them as well. I can't imagine that either of them would have been encouraging King to stay with TNA, but obviously that's just speculation.

Like I said, I'm just starting to get into RoH - and I'm looking forward to seeing more of ANX tagging together in the future. I think King made the right decision, I can't see TNA doing more with him than maybe putting the XD Title on him one more time...he's already done that, he may as well try putting his efforts elsewhere.

I find it funny with TNA - a wrestler complains and they seem to let them out of their contract right away. I mean, remember when Nash left - he had already signed a new contract then asked to be let out of it and they let him. Don't know if that is the case here but seems odd that he just left the company and there was no talk about a contact being up or anything.

Dave Meltzer said in the Observer the Wednesday before All Star Extravaganza:

A wrestler from TNA will be leaving the company this weekend after their contract expired.

Then on the boards, when someone questioned it, Meltzer replied on the Friday, the day of ASE:

davemeltzer

I know who it is, I'm just not at liberty to say right now. All will be clear after tonight.

So he knew it was going to be King but whoever told him, could have even been someone in ROH, maybe even King himself to drive up some curiosity and get whoever saw it to buy the PPV, must have told him not to say the name. However, most ROH fans knew or had been given indications it would be King, especially because The Romantic Touch who was Rhett Titus under a mask (not that it was ever revealed) kept interfering in The Briscoes promos.

[YOUTUBE]7g9cDeHy1rs[/YOUTUBE]

They'd been dropping hints for almost a month and they announced The Briscoes' open challenge match over a month ago so they must have known King was going to be coming back.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back