Kaitlyn is the New Divas Champion & Eve Quits

Who cares about the divas anymore? Apparently we do. I don't get why the one diva that got some air-time (other than AJ) would quit?

i think Kaitlyn needs to pick up her game now.. her ring gear needs a drastic over-hall... why hide those legs, give her biker shorts some color.. she's cute & strong but i fear she just doesnt GET IT..hope i'm wrong.

i'm surprised talent relations didnt fight to keep Eve, Beth, & kelly..just until more girls were established..
you cant force them, but $$ !

oh well, i'm hoping for some CENA & Kaitlyn vs Dolph & AJ

I'm actually glad eve left. I think now that the top barbie doll diva is gone. We're left with powerhouse divas at the top. (excluding AJ) they've really been pushing tamina. She's the obvious next contender for the divas title. I'm really looking forward to seeing 2 powerhouse divas go at it. I think if wwe gave them the proper time to actually build a feud (I.e. mic time/ backstage brawls) they can have a good lasting feud. I would love to see Nattie be thrown into the picture to get another 3 way at WM!

I always hear people comparing divas division of the past to the current. And the long term rivalry with Trish and lita. Kaitlyn and AJ have the foundation to have a long term continuous rivalry. They really need to recognize their talent and out these things into effect

Eve is a pretty big loss to a practically non existent divas division. I mean, nobody cares about the division anymore because the WWE treats it like shit, which is evident when the only good in ring diva is stuck as a manager with Hornswoggle and Khali! I mean come on, who the hell is their for Kaitlyn to defend the championship against?

Kaitlyn is a pretty solid Diva, she should be able to carry the division without a problem for a few months but losing Eve is definitely a big hit that they'll need to make up. Eve I don't think had hit her peak yet as a performer, but she was greatly improving, there's no doubt about that and it actually came to the point where she was no longer my "bathroom break" because she was becoming pretty good, this always seem to happen... the Diva's start improving greatly, and then they leave before they hit their full potential. They have some decent Diva's in developmental... not to mention one of the if not the greatest current female wrestler training at NXT, she along with a few others could and should be called up to the main roster, the WWE has revived a what we thought was defunct Tag Team Division and has made it one of the highlights of their show week in and week out, I see absolutely no reason as to why they couldn't do it to the Diva's Division.

With Eve gone, AJ playing valet, and Aksana being nowhere near ready for a title push who does the WWE pick to play the foil to Kaitlyn's title reign. On Smackdown, it seemed as if they were alluding to a heel Layla coming for the title... hopefully in Lay-Cool fashion. But in the case that they don't go that route... who do you think could play the foil for Kaitlyn's WWE Diva's title run?

My first option would have to be Aksana. She's been Diva's champion before, and really she made a very decent one. She wasn't the best, and I'll be the first to admit it, but WWE divas are hardly ever considered the best female wrestlers. At the end of the day, her "arrogant heel" gimmick worked when she was Diva's champion, and honestly I think she was robbed when the WWE dropped the Diva's title from her to Melina.

My second, and more likely choice, would be to give Tamina her first run as the Diva's Champion. Tamina's had an on again off again build up to become the WWE Diva's champion ever since she debuted with the Usos. Unfortunately, her career has basically mirrored the Usos ever since then. I think Tamina has exactly what it takes to be the proverbial "bitch" and claim the WWE Diva's title. It would almost be a reminiscent of Jazz's WWE Women's title reign... plus I think it would be a great way to develop Kaitlyn's power game as well.

My final choice would be Naomi. I say bring someone else in as a Funkadactyl and then have Naomi bail out. Naomi has too much talent to be placed as a weekly routine dancer. It was rumored that her time on NXT Season 3, she lost simply because creative was scared of her outshining other divas. Well, I would say that other diva *cough*McCool*cough* is gone and that Naomi can finally break into the spotlight she deserves.

As much as I'm glad for Kaitlyn, I feel that she only has the Diva's Title because of Eve leaving. The Diva's Division has been set back tremendously in the past year with all the divas leaving. I can't believe how many of them have left this year. It's pretty ridiculous. It was made painfully aware to me on WWE '13, when only 4 of the divas on the entire game are still in the division. And 3 of them are DLC. The Diva's division is in a sad state right now, and Eve leaving is just another nail in the coffin. I'm hoping that Kaitlyn can develop into a great diva and hopefully carry the division right now. But I'm not holding my breath. I feel like the division is dying a painful death.

It's pretty damn sad when the most interesting thing in the Diva's division is a hopeful Tamina push.

With the exception of AJ and Layla, every interesting diva has gotten tired of WWE's bullshit treatment and left or quit to pursue other interests. I'll be the first to admit I really could not care less about what the diva's are doing, but this is ridiculous. How the WWE is expecting to base an entire division around Alicia Fox, Tamina and Kaitlyn of all people is beyond me. I haven't watched NXT [which I probably should] but I'm hopeful there are some divas that are somewhat bearable to watch waiting to be called up to the main roster. My two last hopes are Natalya and AJ. AJ could potentially win the title whenever Dolph Ziggler decides to cash in to create another Triple H/Stephanie type angle. But with AJ’s in ring wrestling appearances getting rarer and rarer, it’s unlikely. Natalya is in another situation. She’s doing nothing. She’s in line for a meaningless title reign that all the divas seem to get nowadays. But with all the empty spots on the diva's roster, it's only a matter of time before she's jobbing to Kaitlyn and whoever the WWE wants to look good at the moment. The diva’s division is on the right path to complete irrelevancy – it doesn’t even look like they’re trying anymore, so why should we care?

My first option would have to be Aksana. She's been Diva's champion before,
You sure on that one? Surely you're thinking of Maryse.

Of course, with so few divas left on the roster, here's an opportunity to rebuild the division almost from scratch. Management should decide what they want it to be, and go about collecting the people needed to accomplish it.

First, they should decide whether they want the gals to be wrestlers or not. If they want women to accompany The Great Khali to the ring, then let them do that, without pretending that they're wrestlers in their spare time. If Creative wants them to be managers or general managers, then make it so. If they have specific A.J.-type roles for them as complements to male performers, then let's hope the writers can come up with good, soap opera plotlines for them to run with.

Don't try to recapture the past, attempting to get women like Trish and Lita to sign on again.....not unless they have defined roles. Lita, for instance, could be hired back as a wrestler (not that she's going to come back), but if she does, don't also make her a concubine for a guy like Edge even as she's vying for the divas' championship; it takes away from her defined function.

A lot of the diva division revolved around Eve; now that she's gone, the best thing WWE can do is tear it all down and formulate a new plan for the women. Let 'em wrestle....or let them not wrestle.....but don't do it half-assed; find a solid direction and stick with it.

I, for one, have been waiting to see Kaitlyn become the Divas Champion for some time now. Too bad it took Eve quitting to make it so, but happy for Kaitlyn nonetheless.

Kaitlyn has potential. She has look, her ring work is growing, albeit at a slow rate, but still growing, and has enthusiasm. But since WWE doesn't give a shit about Divas anymore, I don't see her character growing which is a shame. We never hear her cut a promo so we don't know if she has any personality or charisma and without her interacting with other Divas, we'll never know if there's any tension that could lead to a feud.

I love me some Kaitlyn, and she's only gonna get better, but without that one Diva and feud to put her over, and more importantly, without any exposure, she's only gonna be subject to 30 second matches.

With Eve gone, AJ playing valet, and Aksana being nowhere near ready for a title push who does the WWE pick to play the foil to Kaitlyn's title reign. On Smackdown, it seemed as if they were alluding to a heel Layla coming for the title... hopefully in Lay-Cool fashion. But in the case that they don't go that route... who do you think could play the foil for Kaitlyn's WWE Diva's title run?

I'm gonna take your side and choose Layla. There is potential in a Layla/Kaitlyn feud. Layla sort of took over Kelly Kelly's role as "that Diva" but turning heel and putting Kaitlyn over could help both of their careers.

I could definitely see a Jealousy feud forming between the two. Layla can come off like she's jealous that Kaitlyn is the Divas Champion and not her, Kaitlyn can call her out on it and whoever turns heel is up in the air. I think Layla was a great heel when she was with Michelle McCool.

A Layla/Kaitlyn feud is long overdue and if it goes the way I stated above, it would really be great.

Kaitlyn sucks as Divas Champion, and is representative of how bad WWE's female wrestling division is now. Kaitlyn looks bad pulling her pants up and holding up her ripped t-shirts in the middle of fighting. Why she switched from ring gear to street wear is most likely to get over like Lita, but it isn't working. Nobody cares that Kaitlyn won. Nobody is good enough to win it from her and it's well known. The best diva in the company isn't even slightly over, looks like a knock off of ODB and has horrible collagen duck lips. I miss Beth and LayCool.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back