Kaitlyn is the New Divas Champion & Eve Quits

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
I was surprised nobody posted it so lets give it a shot.

Earlier tonight we saw Kaitlyn finally win the title from eve after a great spear (for divas standards) in her hometown of houston for the first time in her career.

At the same time , in a backstage interview EVe Quit WWE confirming reports of her exit from the company that came up earlier today

Are you happy kaitlyn won? Are you gonna miss eve? What does this night mean for the divas division?

Ps. Damn, 7 divas had to leave for kaitlyn to win the title!

I think Kaitlyn has potential, you can't dwell on people who leave especially if they don't draw or can be replaced easily.

Although Paige needs to be called up and they need to get more Divas into NXT.
Giving Divas more in ring time would pay off, i thought the crowd were decent and given more ring time Divas would get more interest from the fans.

I mean Eve isn't this great diva who will be extremely missed, but she was one of the few bright spots the division had...maybe not so much wrestling wise, but she had decent mic skills.

Kaitlyn is awkward and boring. So whatever. I really wish the WWE would scrap this whole Diva thing and get back to a women's division. I get sex sells, but at this point no one is entertained by these females. Where are the storylines, the actual wrestling? Bring me back Lita...hell even Stephanie at this point.

Lol it actually quite upsets me that people think Eve can't wrestle. Eve was probably one of the best Divas in the Divas division and has improved quite a bit, and probably can kick all of the people posting on the forums here's ass.

That was one of the BEST Divas matches in recent memory, and it wasn't even that good.

Eve should/will be missed. Very charismatic, an excellent heel and an awesome babyface, had the mic skills and the wrestling ability, and was sexy. In fact I'd be bold enough to claim she could hang, or would have made strides in a time with Trish and Lita.

I think Kaitlyn has potential and I'm quite sad to see Eve go, because she was a diamond in the rough.

The real story here though is... all that's left in this division is now

AJ
Aksana
Alicia Fox
Cameron
Naomi
Rosa Mendes
Kaitlyn
Layla
Natalya
Tamina

AJ is involved with Dolph, although I foresee her in Kaitlyn's title future.
Aksana sits around backstage as a European burlesque awkward type Diva... they need to turn her blonde again.
Alicia Fox... is she face? is she heel? What is that dead animal on her head? Sadly, Alicia Fox has a great axe kick and some good finishers, but isn't given the time of day.

Naomi and Cameron, Naomi got some spotlight at TLC but, at the end of the day they're both booty popping dancers.

Layla, I was so happy to see her return this past year and then her title run ended up meaning nothing and she hasn't impressed me at all since.

Natalya would be great, and would work great with Tamina, but let's be realistic, Divas who can wrestle are AWESOME but Divas who can wrestle and have the looks, are really what people want... so how long will Natalya and Tamina be able to entertain if they were given the chance.

This division needs some old faces and some new ones and more than anything, some ALLOTTED TIME. Backstage brawls. Longer matches, actual storylines.

This division needs some old faces and some new ones and more than anything, some ALLOTTED TIME. Backstage brawls. Longer matches, actual storylines.

The diva division needs NONE of that. The talent the division has will warrant how much television time they deserve, which right now is about a minute or two. I do not want to see a 10-15 match between Kaitlyn and ANYBODY in that division right now, even the best wrestlers such as Natalya and Tamina. The division is the blandest thing in wrestling (yes, in ALL THE WORLD of wrestling) and has been been for a long time now. Until the division gets watchable, don't force us to watch more please.

I will admit that Eve has improved a lot over the past year, especially as far as her character goes. Her acting was dreadful during the Zack Ryder/Kane stuff, but has steadily improved since--tonight's farewell wasn't very special though, I will say. As much as she improved though, Eve was still mainly garbage in the ring but she was the overall best diva WWE had when you put character in with wrestling ability.

I wish Nattie could get it together because now is her chance to step up--I just don't think she has the personality for it, though. In Tamina's case, she's the one diva they have that could probably beat the hell out of some of the guys on the roster--but again, can she flourish on her own?

A good idea, I believe, would be pairing Tamina up with a manager and making her the next big threat in the women's division. Let the manager do the talking and let Tamina destroy the competition. She'd probably break half the girls in half with her Superfly Splash, but they are interchangeable so what the hell? ;)

What I DON'T want to see--well, aside from more diva time? I don't want to see Kaitlyn turn heel now and basically take Eve's place as the arrogant chick on the roster. It's way too predictable and Kaitlyn's shown no sign of going heel--but it's what WWE likes to do a lot. On the guys' side, they've done it with both CM Punk and Daniel Bryan after they won titles through Money In The Bank. I think it's an uncreative way to become a heel.

Have Tamina rise up as the next threat to Kaitlyn, and build Tamina as a strong women's wrestler. If Natalya can take that next step up, make her a challenge to Tamina down the road. No, it won't get you big ratings but it make actually make the women's division worth watching a little bit. The divas you've had--even your "legends" like Trish and Lita--don't mean squat in the overall ratings of the program anyway. It's just the truth. Might as well make the overall show better instead of sacrificing talent for...whatever you're sacrificing it for by trotting out Eve and the Bellas and Kelly Kelly and Kaitlyn as your champions.

So eve is actually leaving? I mean I'm sure you heard other shit but if you are talking about the interview on tv, I wouldn't lend much credence to that, maybe she leaves for a season but idk. I don't particularly care for any diva, AJ look cute for a coke head, I think both those Brodus clay dancers are fine, but outside of Eve they all kinda busted and I mean that's all I'm looking for. I mean kaitlyn can get it but she isnt that fine, she's no trish stratus. lol

Eve was attractive, but I've had my suspicions that there's a strange, googly-eyed-effect, boob job under those spangly tops of her. Alas, I won't miss her.

I'm sure Kaitlyn will carry the belt with distinction. As much as somebody can in this day and age. I'd say she has potential, but I'm not exactly sure who she is and even if I did I wouldn't be able to judge based on 3 minute Diva matches.

Eve :(

This is what happens when you marry a Gracie, boys and girls; you go home, and become the face of the Gracie women's self defense classes, before making some beautiful, charismatic Brazilian babies that never have to see a tanning bed in their entire life. This has been coming ever since she got engaged, and I'm really happy for Eve. I know people don't think she'll matter, but when you consider the exodus of hot women leaving, it sucks.

Kaitlyn always seems to me that she's suffering from some feminine odor issues. But hey, this is what happens when the only people left are people no one gives a fuck about.

There goes Eve Torres
She looked good to me, brother.
Everything I need

I was personally happy with this win ... Those two had built an actual rivalry and put on what I thought was a very good match! Come on ... It ended with a SPEAR SPEAR SPEAR for crying out loud!

Not sure why Lillian Garcia didn't announce Kaitlin as the hometown girl to get her more support. She got a decent pop when she won, but with the jobber entrance & lack of cheap hometown pop, WWE dropped the ball a bit there!

Could possibly see Kaitlin feuding with Tamina now, could see those two putting on some good matches if Tamina starts actually putting 100% into her finisher!

It's interesting about Eve. We saw divas like Beth Phoenix and Gail Kim leave because they weren't being given enough to do. That was hardly the problem with Eve; they cast her in roles as a betraying female (with Zack Ryder), a scheming management wanna-be (looking to undermine Teddy Long), a possible love interest for John Cena, and as a title-winning wrestler. Isn't all that enough for her to want to stick around? Apparently not.

On the other hand, all the above programs were strangely aborted after a short run; every one of 'em. I never knew whether Creative didn't know what they were doing, or whether they didn't like Eve once they saw her in the role. Still, they never stopped trying to give her stuff to do.

But watching Eve go makes you realize that pro wrestling is a tough way to make a living and that people leave for reasons other than not being used enough. For all we know, Eve's departure might be about losing the #1 female role to A.J......can you say for sure that's not so?

As for Kaitlyn.....meh. She seems enthusiastic enough about her ring work and is at least a more capable performer than some of the others. No big deal in any case.

But watching Eve go makes you realize that pro wrestling is a tough way to make a living and that people leave for reasons other than not being used enough. For all we know, Eve's departure might be about losing the #1 female role to A.J......can you say for sure that's not so?

http://instagram.com/p/PiUx3uuOqY/

I think this has more to do with it than anything.

It really is amazing, when you think about it; UFC and MMA have managed to make Ronda Rousey a complete star, and WWE hasn;t had one girl that's been relevant to the world since Stacy Keibler. For those of you that say wrestling fans don't care about women in wrestling, I have a couple names I'd like to bring up;

Stacy Keibler
Torrie Wilson
Sable
Sunny
Maria
Chyna (yes, yes, talk about her current state, but at one point, she was a massive star)

It is possible to get girls over; most of the problem is that, at least to me, is that these girls have a certain charisma that isn't stifled. Of course, most of these girls weren't forced to wrestle; most of the girls nowadays are pigeonholed into certain roles that they just aren't. Fuck, look at AJ; she rarely wrestles, and she's damn over. What I'm getting at is that if the women can't wrestle, don't make them wrestle. You'll probably wind up keeping more women happier, while also giving them more publicity.

I will really miss Eve. She may not have been fantastic in the ring, but she had definitely gotten pretty good. She also had a lot of personality and when they put the title on her last fall, I had high hopes that they might actually build up the division around her. She could have been the backstabbing diva who always managed to hold onto her belt, and then they could have finally had her lose to a new face that could have lit a fire in the womens division. Of course, it was not to be. However, her rivalry with Kaitlyn was fairly well done, and last for several months. I am sad to see her go, but I wish her luck in whatever she does next. As for the future of the divas...Kaitlyn is somewhat over, but I have feeling she is only holding the belt as a transition to get the belt onto AJ. Those two have a history and a long brewing rivalry and I have a feeling that AJ will be the next title holder. That may actually be good, as she is by far the most over Diva, and could actually bring some attention to the title. As for the rest of the women on the current roster, Aksana is just terrible. Alicia is good in the ring but has no real presence in the division, and she goes from heel to face on an as needed basis. Cameron has yet to be seen in the ring, but Naomi is pretty good. They are stuck with Brodus though, and he is going nowhere fast. Rosa has gone nowhere in her years in the company and is not good in the ring. They really tried with Layla earlier this year, but she just could not get over. Nattie and Tamina have the most talent but both lack the personality and charisma to truly get over. It's time to get some new faces and really try to make the division grow. I guess we shall see....

I think the Diva's division is completely boring. It's like a sponge with no water in it. Dry. Kaitlyn and Eve are both very hot, but since they're all covered up all of the time it really doesn't matter.

Congrats to Kaitlyn for winning the title. You're very sexy...now ask for a real storyline!

Eve was my preferred Diva. She wasn't all that bad of a wrestler, she looks pretty nice, she had a good character but shes been replaced by ironically, my second preferred Diva, Kaitlyn. Kaitlyn's improved a lot since NXT which is noteworthy, their match last night was one of the more aggressive and physical Divas match in some time - still not got anything on that Melina versus Alicia Fox classic though.

I don't see many challengers for Kaitlyn though. Paige in NXT is one, but that's about it. Alicia Fox is useless, Naomi can wrestle but has the personality of a sponge, Cameron is shit, Natalya is doing some stupid crap with Khali and Hornswoggle, am I missing anybody? They need to at least have two credible Divas being put to good use on the roster, the division may be horrendous but it could be a lot worse, which we may see in the few weeks to come.

Lol... I really don't know what you guys have been seeing but Eve is quite a good wrestler, with a good fighting background, and has improved quite a lot. She can actually wrestle. Lets not get the truth about a shitty women's division and simply apply it as fact that all divas can't wrestle.

OK, so am I the only one who thinks this is all simply a work, some sort of ruse to dupe the gullible WWE fans into thinking she has left the company, only for her to make some sort of "dramatic return" down the road?

It all seems pretty sudden and abrupt to me. One day, she is a focal point of the Divas division, and all of a sudden, she's gone?

Plus, she cuts the convenient promo which happens to get caught by wwe.com, blasting Booker T, Teddy Long, and the fans in the process. Quitting due to disrespect from the above? I'm not buying it. Just because it is reported by wwe. com hardly makes things factual, and reports from the dirtsheets certainly don't make me believe it any more. A bargaining ploy, or a work, far more likely for me than a legitimate departure.

Personally, I'd rather see Eve and Beth stay, with the WWE getting rid of the divas who can't wrestle their way out of a paper bag, but look good on tv. Don't the execs hear the "boring" chants or notice people changing channels during those matches? Look at past divas like Trish- looked beautiful and was a great wrestler and Lita- beautiful and great wrestler

Kaitlyn's improved a lot since NXT which is noteworthy

Understatement of the year, Dragon. Kaitlyn was absolutely awful when she first came around in NXT. Now she's not bad at least. They've at least learned to use her as a more power wrestler (for a diva) so she doesn't look so bad. She's a perfect example of someone who's hired simply because she's a former bodybuilder. And since it applies to the Diva's division, she happens to look pretty good as well.

I really don't have a problem with her winning simply because other than AJ, she's the only other noteworthy diva currently. I'm sure she'll have short feuds with the likes of Tamina and the ever-turning Alicia Fox. Build her up a little bit, and maybe in the process bring in a few new divas to liven up the division.

My question is how long are they really going to keep AJ out of the ring and the title picture? Despite her very small stature, AJ can put on a good match.

As for Eve leaving, it sucks from an aspect that she was actually doing a good job recently. She was such a better heel than face. As a face she was boring, rarely cut a promo and mostly just danced for the crowd, sometimes with R-Truth. Not to mention, she was easily the most over wrestling diva they had. In terms of looks, though, I won't miss her.

I like Kaitlyn, it was good to see her win the strap. Not a knock on Eve or anything, I'm just happy that they are letting Kaitlyn have a run with it.

I don't buy the "Eve leaving to go teach Gracie Women's Self Defense" story but I guess time will tell. Seems more like something to throw off the smarks/LaBars/etc.

As stated before this has FCW Divas coming in written all over it.

Eve Torres was a BEAUTIFUL woman but, there are A LOT of beautiful women in the world. Eve had basic wrestling skills down, that's about it. She had nothing special about her in my eyes. Like I said beautiful, but Kaitlyn is just as beautiful, if not more beautiful, than Eve.

Eve will be fine anyways, she's marrying a damn Gracie. Like 1 of the 1400 of those motherfuckers or something like that. Seriously how many Gracies are there? But she'll be teaching those women classes.

But like I said b4, if this brings in Paige and Raquel Diaz then about damn time.

Hopefully Paige, being as young as she is, can carry the division for a LONG time. Diaz, I don't want to see her saddled with the Vickie Guerrrero's daughter gimmick, as I think she can easily handle the role of being Divas Champ quite easily.

OK, so am I the only one who thinks this is all simply a work, some sort of ruse to dupe the gullible WWE fans into thinking she has left the company, only for her to make some sort of "dramatic return" down the road?

I like Kaitlyn, it was good to see her win the strap. Not a knock on Eve or anything, I'm just happy that they are letting Kaitlyn have a run with it.

I don't buy the "Eve leaving to go teach Gracie Women's Self Defense" story but I guess time will tell. Seems more like something to throw off the smarks/LaBars/etc.

[YOUTUBE]3wAz-vBya_I#![/YOUTUBE]

To answer your questions, yes, you are rubes. I mean, not many people take the time to break character and address what is going on through video, unless there's some legitimacy to what is happening. Eve may be back, but she's getting married now. Besides that, why would the WWE put so much time and effort into a divas storyline, when frankly, they haven't had a storyline in months?

This is the real deal.
Think; why would they go so far
For just an angle

I was never a big fan of Eve's; I rarely found her acting or her matches convincing at all - she was plainly average in just about every aspect. I think the only reason why she stayed Diva's champion for so long was that the writers couldn't think of a suitable way to incorporate the title into AJ's current feud. Will she be missed? Possibly - but no more than the Michelle McCool's of the world. Will her departure affect the division in any way? Not at all.

http://instagram.com/p/PiUx3uuOqY/

I think this has more to do with it than anything.

It really is amazing, when you think about it; UFC and MMA have managed to make Ronda Rousey a complete star, and WWE hasn;t had one girl that's been relevant to the world since Stacy Keibler. For those of you that say wrestling fans don't care about women in wrestling, I have a couple names I'd like to bring up;

Stacy Keibler
Torrie Wilson
Sable
Sunny
Maria
Chyna (yes, yes, talk about her current state, but at one point, she was a massive star)

It is possible to get girls over; most of the problem is that, at least to me, is that these girls have a certain charisma that isn't stifled. Of course, most of these girls weren't forced to wrestle; most of the girls nowadays are pigeonholed into certain roles that they just aren't. Fuck, look at AJ; she rarely wrestles, and she's damn over. What I'm getting at is that if the women can't wrestle, don't make them wrestle. You'll probably wind up keeping more women happier, while also giving them more publicity.

And the problem with televised anything is that it often sets the standard in people's minds of what something is, or worse, should be. When the company that employs them doesn't care to get female wrestlers over as real wrestlers then that kind of thinking is contagious for all but those who staunchly support female wrestling because we know it's not only the way it's portrayed on television.

I don't know why Vince or whoever stopped caring about women's wrestling (if he ever really cared, but he must have some). For the life of me, I don't get it. Most Divas were popular and many had awesome matches, so why cut off the years of momentum they built up? To hear people say that women's wrestling is a botch fest (that'll happen when the wrestlers aren't real wrestlers)/bathroom break/etc. based on their only exposure being the way female "wrestling" is portrayed on tv (cause most won't bother to find real matches on the internet) is annoying. At least hire real female wrestlers who can put on great matches for 10 minutes at least. If you have a roster of female "wrestlers", there shouldn't only be 3 or so that qualify as real wrestlers, otherwise stop letting the others "wrestle" and make them valets or managers. Then you hire awesome wrestlers like Sara del Rey and make them a trainer (though I'm actually glad about that). Sara could crush them all and work a match like a dream but I guess Vince doesn't want people knowing (or remembering) that women's wrestling can be like that. Just thinking of what a match between SDR and Awesome K--Kharma would have been like to see in WWE just makes me :disappointed:.

this makes me sad as i thought of the girlly diva's she was the best in the ring. She could have made a great heel too if they would have booked her well against a strong face, but there wasn't anyone that could fill that role. Now we have katlyn who is one of the worse divas in the ring, who is not over, cant talk, and has one of the ugliest faces in womens wrestling today. God i have no faith in wwe making anything out of the divas division.

WWE don't give a damn about its divas. you know what's the use of them?
only and only and only to make WWE shows more sexy to help them increase the number of audience and make more money and nothing else.
just go take a look at their announcement for recruiting more divas the only thing they don't care about is wrestling they just want beautiful and good looking women with great body (from a sexy point of view not body building).
that is the reason we see more and more of them are quitting.
i think WWE must cancel the divas division if they want to go on like this.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back