John Cena's heel turn.... against who?

Who should be Cena's (as heel) first opponent?

• Roman Reigns

• Seth Rollins

• Dean Ambrose

• Dolph Ziggler

• Daniel Bryan

• Ryback

• Randy Orton

• Sheanus

• Cesaro

• Someone else

Results are only viewable after voting.

BRAT

Dark Match Winner
As a member of the WWE universe,I am sick and tired of John Cena. Especially now,when he is in the main event storyline again. The only thing he can do as a face now is to give matches to push the new talents. But again,I don't know if it is Vince's or someone's else fault,Cena would never lose,even if the whole roster would fight him. For the past 10 years we see this awful thing.

It's time for him
a)to stop winning championships (or winning mid card belts to elevate their prestige).
b)to start losing easier.
c)to turn heel

I am waiting for this moment for years. He has become boring. The one thing that can make him smoking hot again is a heel turn. I have heard many opinions about how they should book his heel turn.

Tell me your ideas. How his heel turn should be,against who,and who the winner would be?

Yeah, OP you'll get trashed on here. I practically know how this thread will go. Some super cool anti-smarks will come and spew the same old shit of how Cena does not need to turn heel, he sells tons of merch, yadda, yadda, yadda and so forth. I hate such unoriginal thoughts, to be honest.

WWE is at the top of the tree. There is no competitor to the sports entertainment crown in sight, so I believe that it's a risk they could afford to take. If things don't go as planned, you can always turn Cena back.

My plan would be to have Rollins win the Rumble and go into WrestleMania with TWO shots at Cena's title. Cena brings back the Authority fearing that he'll lose the title he's fought so hard to get back from Lesnar and BINGO! we have a new super heel.

hello guys cena is not boring and he is not winning the title continuously. He made lot of good matches with various wrestlers and some great matches.
His heel turn will happened when they found a perfect replacement.

I thought his heel turn should've been ending the streak in a dastardly way. Imagine Austin-esque with chairshot after chairshot after chairshot when he cants get the job done by normal means and ending the streak in that way. Since it's too late for that I truly don't see anyway to turn him heel because there is Nonone over enough that if Cena turned on them it would make everyone angry. The closest guy is Daniel Bryan but his future is up in the air. Now imagine if they would've pulled the trigger at Survivor Series? Down to just Dolph and the three members of the authority, he knocks it down to just Seth, Triple H gets involved, Cena comes out to what you think would be helping Ziggler but turns and gets all those guys fired. So in other words, it's not gonna happen

Consider that John Cena is the only one who can bring the authority back. He can be a perfect heel. He is scared that he will lose his title and calls the authority back. Then,Rollins becomes face cashing in on John Cena and a storyline begins.

Consider that John Cena is the only one who can bring the authority back. He can be a perfect heel. He is scared that he will lose his title and calls the authority back. Then,Rollins becomes face cashing in on John Cena and a storyline begins.

The fact that Seth Rollins keeps on mentioning the Authority and the reasons for having HHH and Steph back and the stipulation of Cena being able to bring them back also being mentioned, I do wonder if Cena will exercise that stipulation at some point leading into the Rumble as it could turn out to be a great storyline and maybe help intertwine some of the Mania matches that could take place....say:

Lesnar vs Reigns/Ambrose
Rollins vs Orton
HHH vs Sting
Cena vs Reigns/Ambrose

maybe Ziggler finds himself in the mix somehow.

However, such a storyline would require sensible writing, which seems beyond the WWE Creative at times.

TLDR: It's too late for Cena to turn heel. Heel Cena would be a flop.

People will bring up Hollywood Hulk Hogan, but Hogan had kayfabe reasons. His heat and fame were undeniably fading. WrestleMania III filled the SilverDome, 100,000 strong. He was in Rocky III, he tag-teamed with Mr T. The Bash at the Beach was in front of 8,000 people, and he was coming off the beloved classic Mr Nanny. And for Hogan, the biggest star WWF had ever seen, to join a WWF invasion of WCW also made all the sense in the world. They even put him with his old WWF rival The Million Dollar Man for a while.

The problem with a Cena heel turn plan is the same problem that a Cena heel turn plan has had for 5+ years. It doesn't make any sense in the story. Cena turning heel doesn't turn his face heat into heel heat, it simply turns off Cena's heat.

Cena is the super-face. What is his motivation to turn?

The usual motivations for a heel turn are
1. "The fans don't appreciate me, so why should I care about the fans?" But the fans appreciate the hell out of Cena. Yes he gets split reactions, but he's been getting split reactions now for most of his career--it's nothing new. So why is he turning in 2015 over something that's been true since 2007?
2. "I can't win the title without cheating, and the title is more important than integrity or the fans". But Cena's won plenty of titles. I don't think he's gone a year without a WWE or World title since he won his first one.

So you're flushing the SuperCena character, which is still selling T-shirts and tickets, for a heel turn which has every chance of being wet fart with no heat. A sudden Cena heel turn doesn't cause an "oh my god I can't believe it--why Cena why" reaction, it causes a "that's dumb, what else is on" reaction.

You'd have to set up a Cena heel turn with a six-month to a year-long quest where Cena keeps getting jobbed out of the title unjustly, until he snaps and says "If you can't beat them, join them." A Cena heel turn would take more planning and writing ability than WWE has shown in the past 10 years or so.

TLDR: It's too late for Cena to turn heel. Heel Cena would be a flop.

It's best for business. Do you like hearing the same words in every single feud.
-You have to earn what you want.
-The WWE universe is the most important thing.
-I am not looking for excuses.

Man,the same words every single time. If you like it,I am ok with that but don't you want to see him cheating for the win or whatever?
His character has died. Only young children like because they think H is a superhero. And don't you think his ability to bring back the authority is a hint for a heel turn?

I STILL see it happening in 1 of 3 ways. He helps Triple H beat Sting at Mania and reveals that he is giving them powr back,Turning heel on Roman Reigns in the WrestleMania 32 main event out of jealousy of him taking his "Top Dog" role, or turning heeel on Daniel Bryan,blaming him for the reason's he failed to beat Lesnar,why Wyatt and Heyman was able to get to his head,and Why Rusev beat him (soon.) I fully expect it to happen either this year,next year or 2017. But if it doesn't then I don't see it ever happening. Because in 2017 Cena will be at his last 2 years most likely.

The truth is -Cena's dominance has damaged anyone who comes close to being a break out star. That is anyone in 10 years. If Cena had put anyone over even half the way he did to Lesnar - there would be more stars. Therefore, theres only one man Cena can ever turn Heel on - Undertaker. He is the last big star left. HHH doesn't count - he is now the next chairman and has engaged Cena too often for it to have the profound impact it needs to keep WWE afloat post turn. Taker is the only one. And it would have to be a career ender for Taker.

I'm always down for a little fantasy booking.

This is how I would go about turning John Cena heel. In a perfect world, I would love to see Daniel Bryan return at the RR and win the thing. He would of course, then go on to face Brock Lesnar at Wrestlemania 31. I would have Bryan win in a brutal, hardfought, 35-40 minute match.. have him breaking down in tears, hugging the WWEWHC circa Shawn Michaels 1996, stand up and get the whole crowd going with a yes chant. Out of nowhere, John Cena's music would hit and he would come out and reveal he has suddenly decided to bring back The Authority. Out comes The Authority to give John Cena a title match right there and then... Cena comes down to the ring hits 3 AA's on a beaten Daniel Bryan and wins his 16th World Championship. This would keep Bryan hot in his continuous "underdog role", would refresh John Cena as Champion, and would culminate in a great rivalry imo.

Seeing as DB probably won't be back in time for Mania season, I think Ziggler could work just as well.

First off, I really really doubt this ever happens. But if Hogan can turn heel, and Austin can turn heel in his prime, then so can Cena. With Rollins continuing to mention how The Authority deserves to be here running things and not special guest GMs, it leads me to believe Cena eventually agrees to the stipulation of the Sting vs Triple H match be that if Triple H wins, he and Steph are reinstated. I think Cena loses because I definitely don't see them writing Triple H off tv for longer than a few months. It just makes better tv having Triple H in charge instead of random people each week. But I don't think Cena turns heel and attacks Sting. Possibly another face gets involved and helps Triple H win, but not Cena imo.

If Cena were to turn heel, the opponent that makes the most sense for him is either Ziggler or Bryan. Ziggler because he has stolen the spotlight from him and the fans were 100% behind him at Survivor Series, but not Cena. It would be easy to write a feud there with Cena displaying jealousy. I wouldn't mind one bit seeing Cena beat Lesnar at the Rumble and Ziggler winning the Rumble match if they were to write it this way. Cena could reinstate Triple H and have him, Kane, J&J and even Rollins in his corner. When Ziggler overcomes the odds and wins anyway, Rollins cashes in and then at Extreme Rules you have a triple threat. Rollins vs. Ziggler vs. Cena, basically a 2 on 1.

With Daniel Bryan, all you'd have to do is incorporate some real life elements. Both are with a Bella. Cena and Nikki are the flashy ones, living in a mansion, driving expensive cars, very superficial lifestyles. Bryan and Brie are modest, believe in trying to save the planet, etc. So not only would it be Cena vs Bryan, but Bella vs Bella again. And The Authority would likely be involved in this feud as well. If Cena is champ around the time Bryan finally is able to get back in the ring (let's say SummerSlam), Cena says he's seen how much Bryan has busted his ass the last year to get back to this point, and wants to give him an opportunity at the championship that he never lost to begin with. Late in the match, the ref gets knocked out and Triple H and Steph come down. Cena looks clueless as to what he's doing there. Triple H steps in the ring, pedigrees Bryan and/or takes a sledgehamer to him, and shakes hands with Cena. Triple H revives the ref and Cena gets the 3 count. They celebrate and Cena brings the contract to the ring the following night on Raw, returning The Authority to power.

Look, let's be clear on a few things:
- Cena is a very talented worker. Yes, we read about the five moves of doom, but with virtually every feud, the guy has solid matches. Sure, give credit to the other guys, but give Cena props too.
- with all the talk of heel turns over the years, we read about two of the biggest: Austin and Hogan. Hogan's was a HUGE success, and Austin's Mania heel turn, while a massive surprise, was an unmitigated failure. No one bought it. The difference was that no one remembered 1970s Hogan the heel, and everyone remembered Austin's initial pre-Hart heel run. Where Cean is concerned, I doubt anyone really remembers his first run as heel rapper Cena.
- Yes, the guy sells an ass load of merchandise and gets such a mixed reaction that I don't know that it'll really make that big of a difference. If he turns, kids stop wanting his stuff. It's not like adults will all of a sudden start like they did with Hogan. It's a business, and I doubt that it will happen.
- it would reinvent the character, but likely won't happen. If it did, there's an easy way:

Cena vs Ziggler at Mania: Ziggler goes over clean, and Cena destroys him after the match. Done.

Daniel Bryan. Ideally Cena goes down to Lesnar at the Rumble & Bryan beats Lesnar for the title at 31.

Bryan did the one thing Cena couldn't. So decent motivation for a switch. Come the fall of this year, Cena turns in a match against Bryan & steals the title, Roman vs. Cena Mania 32. Cena taps.

I don't care whether Cena is a heel or face, but turning heel makes very little sense.

With that being said, people around here for the last year have acted like he keeps winning championships blah blah blah...

you all fail to realize he was given the win and the championship back after wrestlemania when they had no immediate solution for the belt when Daniel Bryan went down.

At the time, Bryan was likely in for a decent run. Suddenly, he is out for months and before they could get Lesnar back in the picture they needed someone else go hold the belt. So Cena did for what, 1 month? 2 tops? And he hasn't had it since.

Want someone to blame? Blame Daniel Bryan for getting hurt. Otherwise, realize Cena's title reign in 2014 was simply due to a sudden and near-disastrous injury situation.

John Cena has been on top of the WWE food chain now for 10 years. He's great at what he does, and he has basically carved out his career in stone. Is he stale as hell, well yes he is, to most of us, but what we forget is we're not the ones he's playing too.

Cena's fanbase is mostly made up of kids. They comes out in droves to see him, and drag their parents along with them. You know the parents with jobs and have the money to spend. And spend it they do.

At the last show I was at here in Toronto, I was sitting beside a woman who had her 3 kids with her, all Cena fans. They were all dressed head to foot in John Cena WWE merchandise, and she told me she had just spent about $300.00 on each kid at the merchandise stands. With shirts, hats, sweatbands, posters, towels, fake belts you name it they had it. And they were only 3 kids out of about 7,000 that were all dressed the same, along with most of the adults.

John Cena is a merchandise machine, and the WWE makes millions of dollars a year off of him in sales of shirts alone. Why in God's name would they want to give that up, him also, as he gets a cut of all the sales they make. I don't know what percentage he gets, but he's raking it in.

He wouldn't be believable as a heel anyway. He's been too long in this one character that changing to anything else just wouldn't suit him. They missed their opportunity to turn him years ago on any number of occasions. Almost every other WWE character has been both a heel and face in their careers, he has always remained the one constant, and I'm afraid he will after all this time never change. And really why should he.

Cena could never be a true heel. If he turned heel, the adult fans will cheer him and the kids would boo him which would be no different than the reactions he get now.

All we can hope for is Cena to continue to put on good matches, promos and hopefully they keep him away from bad storylines like him feuding with Big Johnny.

Cena could never be a true heel. If he turned heel, the adult fans will cheer him and the kids would boo him which would be no different than the reactions he get now.

All we can hope for is Cena to continue to put on good matches, promos and hopefully they keep him away from bad storylines like him feuding with Big Johnny.

That's it, isn't it?

Right now, he is around 50-50... turn heel, and guess what it becomes... yep, 50-50.

I'd say the only way he can turn complete heel is by going after guys like Bryan and Ziggler, but eventually, he'll be heel cena that is cheered by smarks and hated by his former cenation.

Only thing that will ultimately matter is the merch sales. Will it stay the same/ increase? or will the change in his main fanbase see a drop? If the latter, then it makes no sense whatsoever for a heel turn. After all, the WWE is a business out to make money.

Daniel Bryan.

It would actually make sense in terms of storyline. Cena was the wrestling hero, but fans turned on him because they grew tired of him. Daniel Bryan is their hero. That breeds envy, which grows into malice, which grows into a need to destroy.

No one else really excites me. Ziggler would look BORING AS F@CK compared to Cena, as his personality can be summed up as a bland combination of Bryan and Cena (sorry fans, his strength lies within his in-ring work, not his character). Orton...does anyone want to see Orton and Cena clash again? Most of the other faces are 'meh' as we've either seen Cena clash with them too often or their styles wouldn't necessarily mesh. A program with Ambrose or Reigns could be good, but Cena is too strong of a talker. He will made Reigns look wooden. I wasn't blown away by the Cena/Ambrose clashes, but that could be entertaining.

As a member of the WWE universe,I am sick and tired of John Cena.

Awesome, it's been a while since I've done one of these.

Especially now,when he is in the main event storyline again.

Hmm you're right, I guess Erick Rowan would be a better choice for a main event storyline instead.

The only thing he can do as a face now is to give matches to push the new talents.

Isn't that what he does? It's not like the guy's undefeated or anything.

But again,I don't know if it is Vince's or someone's else fault,Cena would never lose,even if the whole roster would fight him. For the past 10 years we see this awful thing.

He lost on Monday Night Raw, this week. He also does not have a very good weekly win-loss ratio. Rollins, Sheamus, Bray Wyatt, Brock Lesnar and Daniel Bryan have all beaten him. I could list others, I just can't be fucked.

It's time for him
a)to stop winning championships (or winning mid card belts to elevate their prestige).

If you became of 15 time World Champion, would the holy hell would you downgrade yourself and go for a "easier" and less valuable title? Plus he's only won it like once in the past 12 months I think... and I'd rather him champ than someone who rocks up once every 2 months.

b)to start losing easier.

Yeah, like Adam Rose should get a clean decisive victory over John Cena for the United States Championship. It would definitely benefit both parties involved.

c)to turn heel

Yeah let him overshadow Seth Rollins, considering how well they've actually pushed him lately. I totally agree :rolleyes:

I am waiting for this moment for years.

Just like I am waiting for people like to you disappear, it will never happen.

He has become boring.

Just like this post.

The one thing that can make him smoking hot again is a heel turn. I have heard many opinions about how they should book his heel turn.

WWE (and wrestling in general) as a whole is not hot right now. One heel turn will change it for a week, then we'll be back to the same old boring programming again.

Tell me your ideas. How his heel turn should be,against who,and who the winner would be?

My idea is that you never bring this up again, save us both time.

Me personally i dont see Cena turning heel, Cea will not turn heel because he just makes too much money for wwe and hits the demographic perfectly with all the morals and attitudes WWE is trying to teach to young children with their never give up attitudes and the good guys always win in the end bull.

Anyways besides the point I really wanted Rock to beat Cena at 29 to set-up Cena/Rock III at WM30 where Cena finally turns heel but clearly that never happened but more to the point Cena will turn heel in a Face vs Face situation and the only one he should turn his back on is Daniel Bryan and i dunno why but it just makes perfect sense in my head

If the rumours are true and Taker is having a match at Mania it shouldn't be against Wyatt, it should be against Dena. A heel Cena. Forget a full time turn, it ain't happening. However WWE could quite easily do what they did with HBK in 2005 against Hogan and have a short term heel run. That'd work a treat.

If the rumours are true and Taker is having a match at Mania it shouldn't be against Wyatt, it should be against Dena. A heel Cena. Forget a full time turn, it ain't happening. However WWE could quite easily do what they did with HBK in 2005 against Hogan and have a short term heel run. That'd work a treat.

Shoot, they don't even need to do that. It can be like, a 17% heel turn, like they did with HBK and Taker.

HBK was still himself, but was obsessed with beating Taker. The same deal would easily have a ton of poison heaped on Cena.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back