John Cena vs CM Punk Next Week On Raw

mrbrownstone

Fucking Hostile

The victim of CM Punk's malicious battering weeks ago, John Cena makes his way back to Raw in an attempt to deconstruct the second manifestation of The Nexus - this one under the command of Cena's opponent, The Straight Edge Superstar.

So as confirmed on this weeks Raw, next week we will be getting the mammoth main event of CM Punk vs John Cena. This will be the first time in their current feud that they will face off against each other one on one.

To tell the truth I am quite bamboozled (great word) by this match taking place on Raw so early on in this blossoming feud. I don't really think this will be the end of the feud given that it has only just started but then again the way Cena built it up with his epic promo on Raw it might just be.

I am also puzzled as to why this match is taking place on free TV, this seems to be somewhat of a trend in recent times in the WWE with matches like Rey vs Alberto, Kane vs Edge, Orton vs Sheamus vs Barrett and Morrison vs Miz all taking place on free TV in the past week. Even if the likely ending is a DQ I still don't quite understand why you would give away what could quite possibly end up being your Wrestlemania main event on free T.V? I'm sure Nexus will run in for the DQ and beat down at some point in the match but still.

Anyway, How do you see this match going down? Will Cena be 100% with his injuries? Will this finish the feud? Will the match even end up happening? Will Nexus run in and fuck everything up?

How do you see this match going down?
Bad for Punk. It's Cena's 1st match in a couple of weeks, which means he'll win. Either that or Nexus turn up and get involved, screwing Cena over.

Will Cena be 100% with his injuries?
I believe Cena will limp to the ring, only to then jump straight into the action, throwing Punk off course, but revealing he has recovered.

Will this finish the feud?
Not by a long shot, I still think they've got a way to go yet.

Will the match even end up happening?
It better. Battle of the spilt Diet Soda FTW

Will Nexus run in and fuck everything up?
Probably, but, you know, it makes things more interesting sometimes.

Did you see the increase of ratings to Smackdown.. Last week they got the highest ratings they've had since it was put on Syfy.. Plus it's Wrestlemania soon so they're TV is going to be epic. That's why were getting PPV quality and fued ending matches on free television. I'm not complaining either.

Now to answer your questions !

How do you see this match going down

Punk won't get anywhere near the punishment he should. I wouldn't be surprised if Cena doesn't get a hit in. Punk will win, or Cena will win by DQ and the 'new' Nexus will interfere.

Will Cena be 100%

No, but remember that CM Punk is still not 100% , that's why he's not been in an actual match, even since he debuted as leader of Nexus.. The match will NOT be a proper match it can't be as both men don't have healthy bodies to deliver, that's why this won't be some epic 20 minute back and forth wrestlemania match encounter. It'll just add to the fued with Cena getting beat down a bit.

Will this finish the fued?

No. :) ...

Will the match even end up happening

Probably not. Well not a proper match by anymeans for the reasons i've already stated. As much as i'd love to see Cena suddenly fully recovered to beat the crap out of Punk I sadly don't think his injury is kayfabe and then there's still punks injury to contend with

Will Nexus Run in?

You honestly think they won't ?

Here is where I think WWE might go with this...

Cena is making an anti-Nexus stable. I know, it's a horrible idea. But it wouldn't surprise me one bit. Gabriel and Slater would likely be the first two members. It'd give them a chance to get over as faces. I think the Cena/Punk match will start, but very early on, Cena's guys will run down to the ring and start beating down on Punk. They will probably throw in one or two more guys. Not sure who. Cena would say that the sides are even now.

As dumb as it sounds, it's probably better than anything WWE has planned for Cena.

I think that Punk will win or lose by DQ by cheating to take the feud to the next level. But not matter what it's not the end of the feud that's for sure. These two guy will feud for a month or two probably, if they are in the rumble they will probably eliminate each other like they always do in the WWE.

But one thing is clear, Cena need to stop with the CM Suck it is so not funny and annoying. He look like an high school bully who call people name and it's not even a good one. CM Junk or Skunk would have been better but Suck is just lame and he says it every two sentences like he want to make sure that people call him that and it's just juvenile which Cena is most of the time. I hope Punk call him out on that saying that he can't even respect his opponnents.

I have a real hard time believing this is going to be a legit match. It's far too early to give us this match and also I can't imagine that they would risk Cena's health this early in his recovery time. It'll be thrown out due to a Nexus run-in or something like that. One way or another this won't be a full on match and that's what I've expected since it was announced.

I doubt this match makes it to the ring, I've got my money on a bakstage cut of Cena walking to the ring and being attacked. \
It's way to early for a match, if they're going to do this right, they need to let this match siiimmmmmeeerrr

How do you see the match going down?

Cena wins via DQ or Punk gets the win due to interference. There is a 0% chance someone walks away with a clean win in this one.

Will Cena be 100%?

Cena will be injured. He'll show that he isn't 100%. He'll probably encounter a beat down by Nexus before the match begins. Punks not 100% either though, so if this match does happen, it won't last long.

:lmao:No way in hell this finishes the feud. One of the hottest angles in a while will not come down to a single match on Raw.

There is a good chance it won't. Nexus will probably make sure it doesn't. If not, there are a handful of ways creative can stop this match. There is still a slight chance it will happen though.

Will Nexus run in?
C'mon.:shrug:

I'll be a little surprised if this does turn out to be an actual, 100% match. It won't bother me in the least if it does turn out that way, but it's just seems to be quite early in the feud for a match between these two.

However, if you look at what the WWE's strategy has been over the course of the past week, then it might not seem so strange. Last week on Raw and SmackDown!, we were given several ppv quality matches for free on televison. On SD!, we also saw several matches that were the blow off of several feuds and the very initial beginnings of another one. Maybe this was something that they did last week just because they were the first shows of the year or maybe it's a shift in something of a different direction. Maybe the WWE is going to do this on a more regular basis in an attempt at getting people more interested in ordering their ppvs.

If it does turn out to be an actual match next week, I see John Cena getting dominated throughout much of it. He's not supposed to be 100% right now, and he's probably not if the truth be known, so he'll take a lot of punishment I expect. He might have the match won or at least have Punk seemingly where he wants him only for Nexus to interfere and possibly beat him down some more. I'd like to see Punk get a clean win here because Cena does have a way out. He's legitimately injured, he's not at his peak so his stock won't go down if he were to job out to Punk. I know it won't go down that way, but no law against hoping.

According to recent reports, WWE want Orton VS CM Punk at 'Mania, so I think that Nexus will do a run in, then Orton will do the save, Punt Cena, if he needs time off, then murder Punk, so it'll start that feud. I do believe it will be the last of Cena/Nexus (for the minute.)

Nothing short of who the hell cares! Run ins, DQs, and possibly Tarver and Skip coming back. RAW just got itself into a season DVR recording. You've blown your live privileges.

Hopefully this will be nothing major. There's enough potential for this feud, as well as it's new enough for WWE to carry it out for at least a while, rather than blowing it off already.

This match will most likely be a short one, like a lot of people have mentioned it's probably gonna end in a crooked way that leaves Cena able to continue his hunt on CM Punk, as well as CM Punk remaining "dignified" if you will.

So I'm not really expecting much from this match.

Good, I'm very happy to see that this is happening on RAW. I was worried that with CM Punk vs. Cena being so hot that there would not be enough time for Cena and Punk to build their separate Wrestlemania feuds... preferably Cena and Miz and Punk vs. Orton or Undertaker.

How do you see this match going down?

It'll be the main event of RAW. I think it will start very early, maybe at the 10:40 mark, and it will go until well after 11. It will basically be a free PPV match, Punk and Cena will go back and forth for the first 15 minutes, and then at the 15 minute mark Cena gets some momentum going and finally hits the AA on Punk, but before he can go for the cover, Nexus hits the ring. Before they can even climb in the ring, Gabriel, Slater, and perhaps Tarver or Sheffield hit the ring and fight off the three Nexus members, unfortunately this give CM Punk the chance to recover and he hits an unsuspecting Cena with the GTS, which Cena miraculously kicks out of. They fight for a little while longer and then at 11:05, Cena makes Punk submit to the STF.

Yes. They will tease him not being 100% all night, but when he gets to the ring he'll be full strength. Punk will work the injured leg just because that's good psychology, but as stated above, it will be to no avail in the end.

Yes and no. Nexus will have their run ins with John Cena in the future, but Cena will have gotten his revenge on Punk, and perhaps Punk won't be able to compete next week because of the injuries sustained fighting John Cena. The ex-Nexus member run-in will ignite a feud between Nexus and the new group (I use the term loosely) of Gabriel, Slater, Sheffield, and Young or Tarver.

Yes

They will try and fail.

Besides the usual DQ and interference endings, here is what I feel might happen next week.

The match will most probably not even be started due to interference from Nexus before the bell rings. Or CM Punk might chicken out of the match by saying he is above this and mock the fans for believing he will fight Cena while he is preparing to win the Royal Rumble to headline Wrestlemania.

To me It's 100% clear that this won't happen.

This may turn to a Nexus beat down or Nexus getting beat down or even a royal rumble preview battle royal or even a setup for Cena's injury and absence.

I think Cena being absent on Raw tapings shows that He may not be able even to walk normally so they are tring to find a good way to writ him off.

Whatever happens , I don't think it's gonna be a clean finishing match that concludes anything.

There's no way this is going to be a legitimate match. This is hot shit right here. The WWE could be generous and give us a kick-ass TV match. Doubtful, but it'd be great. Cena vs. Punk? The IWC's favorite vs the IWC's most-hated? CHA-CHING! Book it for the RR Vince. Nexus WILL interfere, or Cena will get DQ'd for beating Husky Harris with a keg. Maybe CM Punk will do a backflip off the Tron.

Anyway, How do you see this match going down?
Cena will dominate. Then Nexus will save CM Punk. Cena gets beaten down, but gets the DQ victory. Likely to see a rematch at RR.
They'll play it up like he's hurt, but we all know that won't last.
Will this finish the feud? I sure hope not.
Will the match even end up happening? Yes, but it won't go long.
Will Nexus run in and fuck everything up? If by "Fuck everything up", you mean "Further the storyline", yes.

Like everyone has already said, I do not think this will be a legit match. Nexus will either interfere in the match itself or beat up Cena before the match starts. I'm probably leaning towards the latter scenario as the one that might come to fruition.

Another thing that might just happen is for the two to have a 15 minute match on Raw and maybe lay the feud to rest for the time being. I expect both guys to be a part of the match. There you could have the Punk eliminate Cena with the help of Nexus and continue the feud from there on. This feud might be put to rest at the moment to give the spotlight to the Royal Rumble match.

Royal Rumble is the 30th, right? Plenty of time.

Cena goes out, faces off against Punk, and it's good until Nexus comes in and beats the shit out of his back. Match is called, Cena is gone to shit.

Next week is nothing but Punk and Nexus taking claim to Raw. It makes the Royal Rumble match suddenly a "Pride of Raw" match of sorts. It'll be wonderful. Then the feud can go on, blah blah, blow-up match at Mania, and we can on our separate ways.

So yeah. This match won't be a 100%, full on match. But I'm calling it now. They've already been pushing the "Holy shit, he's injured!" stuff a lot. They'll keep it up until the Rumble at least, if not Mania. Cena's being shown as vulnerable nowadays. Sure, he comes back and kicks ass, but he's vulnerable for a bit. Sort of like Batman. Or the Power Rangers.

I am also puzzled as to why this match is taking place on free TV,...

I'm not puzzled at all. CM Punk was so hot in 2009 early 2010, and all of that steam is gone and they're trying to rebuild it. No one is going to buy a PPV with CM Punk vs John Cena headlining match.

Anyway, How do you see this match going down?

If they're smart, CM Punk steals this one.

Don't know, but it's not like he shows it anyways.

Will this finish the feud? Will the match even end up happening?

I hope not, I'm a big fan of Punk and I'd like to see him in the main event. I think the match will happen.

I think that's a given, when don't they do that?

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back