John Cena & The Powers That Be: An Alliance?

This might be the best written "Cena to turn heel?" thread ever. I think that while Jack-hammer brings up a lot of good points and some good reasoning to go along with it, Cena turning heel at this point is somewhat of an improbability at this point. The reason: his match with The Rock at WrestleMania 28. We all know that Cena is going to be booed vehmently at Miami but we also know what this match stands for. This match is the quinnessential clash of the generations bout and it is being projected as a match not only between John Cena and The Rock but also as the match between two of the biggest figureheads of their respective eras. An integral part of this feud has been the fact that Cena has passionately stood by the ideals that define him in the face of all the criticism he has been recieving from the older fans and The Rock. Cena might be the villian for us but he is a hero for all the kids out there because he is telling them even in this feud that there is no harm in being yourself even if the whole world is against you. The feud will not be half as effective if you turn Cena heel right now.

As for some of the reasoning that Jack-hammer has put out, I think that it could pretty much lead to nothing as J-hammer has himself said. HHH may have apologized to Cena just as he had said. I still believe that HHH is turning heel on Punk but he may not have any beef with Cena. I, for one, did not think that him AA'ing Punk after the distraction was anything out of character. He had been defeated in a similar manner by Punk at MITB and he may have just been administering some poetic justice. Cena did the same thing to Orton in 2007 when he asked his father to punt Orton so it is not like Cena is above such things. He also may have believed that he deserved a title shot more than Punk because he had not lost it clean in the first place. He did not exactly brush Punk aside in the opening segment, rather he put him over.

I honestly think it would be a mistake to turn Cena heel before Wrestlemania. The WWE has a gem...perhaps one of the most popular main events amoung hardcore and casual fans with Rock vs Cena. They MUST keep both guys as faces heading into the match.

As much as I would love to see Cena turn and join the newly formed "Corporation"...I think the timing is off. It needs to wait and I think if they are smart they would slowly build this up and not rush it like they did bringing back CM Punk.

As far as what the one poster said about HHH not being involved and staying as the peacekeeper...there's no way they would even have a corporation if HHH wasn't involved.

The big thing here is Wrestlemania. They need to put all their energy and put on the greatest Wrestlemania of all time...because they need to make up from last year's shitfest.

These guys are training for a comeback! lol

austintrash.jpg

What I love about this potential idea is that I could imagine CM punk being visited by a shady informant type character.

‘Strange figure emerges from the dark’

CM Punk: Who the hell are you?

Informant: Someone's who's..... In the know, as it were.

CM Punk: What's that supposed to mean?

Informant: It means that I know what's going on.

CM Punk: Well thanks for that nugget of vague pointless information Sherlock, now if you'll excuse me, I really need a piss...

Informant: Just shut up and listen jackass, I'm trying to help you! Look, you and everyone else are being played for a fool by the powers that be.

CM Punk: 'Sighs'

Informant: Look, you think that Vince trying to screw you at MITB was a last minute thing, an final act of desperation to try and save his reputation?

CM Punk: I had the old man scared, what else do you expect?

Informant: Well you're wrong kid, Vince had planned that ever since you mouthed off at him and his family, and he wasn't the only one who knew either.

CM Punk: What the hell? But he wrote up new contract? Who else knews?

Informant: They're not stupid kid, they knew you had no intention of signing.

CM Punk: 'Smirks' Well, 'they' had a point. But what if I had? I mean why would Vince still try and screw me if I'd signed a new contract, I wouldn't be leaving. So no need to screw me then?

Informant: The contract was bogus kid. So even if you had signed, you'd still be gone from the company by midnight.

CM Punk: But what about the contract I gave him?

Informant: Bogus too, Vince paid off your Lawyers.

CM Punk: 'Stunned Silence'

Informant: Don't you get it kid? Vince wanted you screwed out of the title and gone from the company. But whoever else knew about what was going on didn't hold up their end of the bargain, but VKM quickly realised that another Montreal was too blunt an instrument, too obvious, they realised that they needed to play the long game here.

CM Punk: Hold up their end the bargain? What does that even mean?

Informant: I've already said too much here kid. Look, everything that's
happened since the night after MITB has been a carefully laid trap. They've been planning this for a while, and for your own sake watch your back, I think they've got something special planned for you.

'Informant shuffles off into the dark'

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back