John Cena or Hulk Hogan?

Waleeddotcom

Dark Match Jobber
You already know that there are 2 supermen in wwe history the faces of thier generation the all american and kids idol john cena and hulk hogan but who do u prefer ? please answer like this.

In Ring Skills:John cena hogan has only like 4 moves punch legdrop larait bodyslam cena has more moves than 5 fu,stfu,suplex,bulldog,gutwrench suplex,5NS,spinout powerbomb

On The MicThough but cena again when he is serious and angry he usually gives a good promo watch his promo on cutting edge 2009 after wrestlemania 25

Charisma:Cena has charisma but hogan all the way the reaction he used to get was unmatched

Passion:John Cena he loves the wwe while hogan betrayed wwe like 3 times though hogan has done more for the bussiness than anyone ever has expect Stone Cold

Personality:Cena is well liked by people(not his gimmick though)I'll tell u my own experince once i was at a event i was a hulk hogan fan,when hulk came i asked for a autograph that idiot pushed me aside and said 'Not Now Kid' and from then i wase't his number 1 fan

Overall John Cena is better than hogan he has better in ring skills and has likeable personilty IMO do share your's.

I like John Cena more. Hulk Hogan was more important than Cena to the business, but I like Cena more. Now, I wasn't watching wrestling in Hulk's prime. I started watching wrestling in 1998, or around that time frame. So, I may be a bit biased in saying that I enjoy Cena more.

John Cena is an entertaining guy, in the ring and on the mic. I've yet to be entertained by the man. Hogan, I wasn't there to see him in his prime. From what Iv'e seen, he was equally as entertaining. From a pure objective point, Hogan's probably better. I personally prefer Cena.

First off the top faces are always superman. Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, even Stone Cold and the Undertaker( when he sits up after a finisher). Its a part of the business and story telling. To overcome the odds and pull out the great victory.

Second how can you honestly compare the two men. Hogan is the icon of wrestling where as cena is the baby face of todays generation.

First off the top faces are always superman. Ultimate Warrior, Hulk Hogan, The Rock, even Stone Cold and the Undertaker( when he sits up after a finisher). Its a part of the business and story telling. To overcome the odds and pull out the great victory.

Second how can you honestly compare the two men. Hogan is the icon of wrestling where as cena is the baby face of todays generation.

First off The Rock or Stone Cold were not superman back in the day wrestling was realistic the rock or stone cold never took a beating for like the whole match and hit 5 moves to win nah and it's undertaker gimmick he was a deadman

Cena is one of the most famous pro wrestlers to ever live! he is a household name like the rock and hogan used to be even if u ask a guy who is noob to wrestling that do they know john cena there reply will be "oh yeah i have seen him in magzines tv shows interviews'

I know you'r a hater but accept the truth that cena is an icon in wwe

Unless John Cena kill's his family there is no way in hell that I would even remotely even think of liking Hulk Hogan over John Cena! I understand your not supposed to think of Hogan "the person" when it comes to Hulkamania, but the guy has done way to many thing's to bring my respect for him to -5. I'm sorry, he's the biggest star in this business, but the asinine thing's he says is just so openly pathetic.

John Cena is the antithesis of Hulk Hogan. Cena is everything good about wrestling, whether it be to put on an entertaining match, Make-A Wish foundation, being the hardest worker in this business today, generally care about you fan's, don't bash people on retiring (like Hogan did to Edge). He really generally seem's to enjoy being out there infront of the crowd every night, and put's in 100 percent everytimes he's out there.

I have more respect for John Cena than I ever will for Hulk Hogan. First of all for some reason I was never really a Hogan guy at all. When he fueded with Shawn Michaels I was on Shawn's side, I would say the same with Orton looking back, but I was a mark. I don't know why, but I never really was huge on Hulk Hogan to really begin with.

hahahahah REALLLY....... at the end of the day HULK HOGAN is in a HOLE fuckin different level!!!!!! just comparing these 2 is sooo disrespectful to wrestling alone.. hulk hogan made wrestling period.... John cena came in and picked at the bones and took over and got shoved down our throats as the person to cheer for!!!!!! AND who really cheers for him??????????

HOGAN MADE WRESTLING
HOGAN MADE WRESTLEMANIA
HOGAN VS ANDRA THE GIANT, HOGAN VS MACHO MAN, HOGAN VS WARRIOR, HOGAN VS THE ROCK ALONE KILL CENA CAREER
HOGAN MADE WWE
HOGAN TOOK WCW TO NUMBER 1 OVER WWE

JOHN CENA WAS BROCK LESNARS LEFT OVER
JOHN CENA GETS BOOED WEEKLY
JOHN CENA IS A WANNABE HULK HOGAN

jonh cenas best feud is with edge n that is so forgetful!!!!!!!
THIS THREAD ALONE SHOULD BE A LAUGHING STOCK....... U CANT COMPARE HOGAN TO JOHN CEAN..

hahahahah REALLLY....... at the end of the day HULK HOGAN is in a HOLE fuckin different level!!!!!! just comparing these 2 is sooo disrespectful to wrestling alone.. hulk hogan made wrestling period.... John cena came in and picked at the bones and took over and got shoved down our throats as the person to cheer for!!!!!! AND who really cheers for him??????????

HOGAN MADE WRESTLING
HOGAN MADE WRESTLEMANIA
HOGAN VS ANDRA THE GIANT, HOGAN VS MACHO MAN, HOGAN VS WARRIOR, HOGAN VS THE ROCK ALONE KILL CENA CAREER
HOGAN MADE WWE
HOGAN TOOK WCW TO NUMBER 1 OVER WWE

JOHN CENA WAS BROCK LESNARS LEFT OVER
JOHN CENA GETS BOOED WEEKLY
JOHN CENA IS A WANNABE HULK HOGAN

jonh cenas best feud is with edge n that is so forgetful!!!!!!!
THIS THREAD ALONE SHOULD BE A LAUGHING STOCK....... U CANT COMPARE HOGAN TO JOHN CEAN..

hahahah what what what,another hater man you have have been bashing cena for 6 years isnt that stale huh and by the way john cena is the man like i said before even noobs have heard of that guy second did u even watch wcw in 93-95 the boos hogan got were HUGE and he is the most overrated bad in ring skills overhyped average mic skills huge ego he didnt create wwe no no no vince created wwe if there wasent hogan then someone who had name recongnition would have been the hulk i have hated hogan he thinks he is the only entity in professional wrestling hell without vince hogan would not be where he is,he is a jerk a huge ego and the fact he talks shit about many wwe wrestlers makes me sick ,he talked about edge,john cena,he betrayed the wwe not one but twice. and to match you'r shouting

BEACUSE OF VINCE HOGAN IS HOGAN
HE DIDN'T KNOW A DIFFRENCE BETWEEN WRISTWATCH AND WRISTLOCK
EVERY FREAKING SUPERSTAR CARRIED HIM
HE STABBED THE WWE TWICE
HE MADE WCW DIE DID YOU FORGET HIS FINGERPOKE OF DOOM?
HE IS NOW RUINING TNA WITH HIS CRAPPY STORYLINES HE IS DESTROYING HIS LEGACY A 60 YEAR OLD MAN WRESTLING AND THINKING HE IS A WRESTLING GOD
HE HAD A HUGE HUGE HUGE EGO

JOHN CENA IS ALOT MORE LIKEABLE AND PASSIONATE ABOUT WWE THAN HOGAN EVER WAS
CENA/HHH CENA/ORTON CENA/HBK AND CENA/EDGE WERE GREAT FEUDS AND WERE BETTER THAN ANY OF HOGAN MATCHES
JOHN CENA GETS A BIGGER REACTION THAN WHOLE OF THE CURRENT ROSTER PUT TOGATHER
POEPLE HATE THE IN RING CENA BUT PEOPLE HATE BOTH THE INRING AND OUTRING HOGAN HE IS THE MOST OVERRATED WRESTLER EVER....PERIOID

hahahah what what what,another hater man you have have been bashing cena for 6 years isnt that stale huh and by the way john cena is the man like i said before even noobs have heard of that guy second did u even watch wcw in 93-95 the boos hogan got were HUGE and he is the most overrated bad in ring skills overhyped average mic skills huge ego he didnt create wwe no no no vince created wwe if there wasent hogan then someone who had name recongnition would have been the hulk i have hated hogan he thinks he is the only entity in professional wrestling hell without vince hogan would not be where he is,he is a jerk a huge ego and the fact he talks shit about many wwe wrestlers makes me sick ,he talked about edge,john cena,he betrayed the wwe not one but twice. and to match you'r shouting

HE STABBED THE WWE TWICE
HE IS NOW RUINING TNA WITH HIS CRAPPY STORYLINES HE IS DESTROYING HIS LEGACY A 60 YEAR OLD MAN WRESTLING AND THINKING HE IS A WRESTLING GOD

CENA/HHH CENA/ORTON CENA/HBK AND CENA/EDGE WERE GREAT FEUDS AND WERE BETTER THAN ANY OF HOGAN MATCHES
POEPLE HATE THE IN RING CENA BUT PEOPLE HATE BOTH THE INRING AND OUTRING HOGAN HE IS THE MOST OVERRATED WRESTLER EVER....PERIOID

Vince made Hogan? How about the PEOPLE made Hogan! Vince can ONLY put people in a situation to succeed! Vince CAN'T MAKE THE FANS LIKE SOMEONE!!! The fans responded well to Hogan because Hogan was entertaining! The only thing I can gather from your post is that you have probably only been watching wrestling since about the Attitude Era. You also probably never watched WCW (youtube doesn't count) during it's time on top. The way you keep referencing how "Hogan betrayed WWE", you are also probably someone who says "if it isn't the WWE, then it's not good enough for me."

Did Andre the Giant "carry" Hogan at WM 3? Did the Warrior carry Hogan at WM 6? Did Goldberg carry Hogan at the Georgia Dome? etc... but then again, you were probably not alive for those first two examples.

Hogan made WCW die? Hogan and the nWo made WCW number 1, brother! The merger between AOL/ Time Warner killed WCW...

You don't even watch Impact Wrestling! This is evident because YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT HOGAN HAS BEEN WRESTLING IN TNA!!! Hogan has wrestled on ONE FREAKING TIME in TNA, and that was on March 8th, 2010 in a tag match.

Do some research before you speak!

First off I'm a Cena hater and a Hogan hater I believe they are both the most overrated wrestlers around. But the question is to choose between them. The response is obvious, Cena is a better performer than Hogan on any level.

Cena even tho his wrestling skills are close to zero he tries his best in the ring, sometiems he gets a few good spots (even tho is rarely) while Hogan only big spot was bodyslaming Andre, seriously the best stuff he did was a stupid bodyslam.

Cena has been a loyal employee who works his ass off while Hogan acts like a cheap ****e who goes where there is more money.

Seriously Hogan mic skills are crap, he got like 5 stupid lines which he repeats over and over, even Meane Geene said once in a interview that Hogan was one of the worst when they had to make a backstage promo, he couldnt remember the lines and come on, how retarted you have to be to forget 5 minutes of lines.

The legdrop is one the most stupid finishers ever, the FU is not good either but at least he has to sweat to do it.

To the guy who said epic Hogan matches, most of them were crap from beginign to end, Cena did had great feuds too HHH / HBK / Taker (even tho many people forget this one) / EDGE!! / Angle any of those matches even in a RAW show is 100 times better than any WM match of Hogan.

Sure Hogan pushed WCW up for a year with his NWO, then killed it with the stupid NWO and his fingerpoke of doom, never really did nothing to build talent in his WCW time (don't say Goldberg because even if he didn't beat Hogan he would had been huge anyway)

Cena seems like a good guy even tho his all character is too anoying.

Sure Hogan pushed WCW up for a year with his NWO, then killed it with the stupid NWO and his fingerpoke of doom, never really did nothing to build talent in his WCW time (don't say Goldberg because even if he didn't beat Hogan he would had been huge anyway)

The idea for the nWo was never Hogan's to begin with... it was Eric Bischoff's idea. The "fingerpoke of doom" is often blown way out of context. If you actually believe that the "fingerpoke of doom" killed WCW, then you are a moron.

Hogan never helped to create new talent in WCW? Really? Your Goldberg comment is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE! Do you think that if Hogan beat Goldberg and ended his streak that it wouldn't have taken a lot of the air out of Goldberg's balloon? However, let's not mention Goldberg then. What about DDP and the Giant? How about Hogan making Sting more popular then he ever was before? Sting's crow gimmick was created to combat the evil Hollywood Hogan & the nWo. Sting is STILL riding the popularity of that gimmick.

i would like to start off by saying that i completely despise one of these men and i can tolerate the other!

I despise Hogan! reasons being that he beat HBK and Randy Orton at 2 different SummerSlams because WWE wanted to give him a pay check! should i blame him for this? maybe not but i do

John Cena works his ass off for WWE! he bleeds WWE and would never betray them like hogan did! i dont like him as a wrestler but i respect him as a man which makes him tolerable and better in my view then a money hungry old man like Terry AKA hulk

Hogan never helped to create new talent in WCW? Really? Your Goldberg comment is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE! Do you think that if Hogan beat Goldberg and ended his streak that it wouldn't have taken a lot of the air out of Goldberg's balloon? However, let's not mention Goldberg then. What about DDP and the Giant? How about Hogan making Sting more popular then he ever was before? Sting's crow gimmick was created to combat the evil Hollywood Hogan & the nWo. Sting is STILL riding the popularity of that gimmick.

For your information Sting was already big before Hogan and had WAY more epic fights with Ric Flair, if somebody help him with his carreer was the Naitch, not Hogan. The Giant was never taking seriously not even by the management, in one interview he even told that while he was world champ he was making less money that many guys on the WCW roster, thats why he left to WWE where he actually made a carreer. And the fact that if Hogan beaten Goldberg that would had destroy his carreer, of course he would but by any wrestler, you just said it IT WAS A FREAKING STREAK! he already was a top guy by the moment he fought Hogan, I don't know if you heard the pops he got on every show he was, Hogan didnt do that, Goldberg did (btw i dont like Goldberg)

The idea for the nWo was never Hogan's to begin with... it was Eric Bischoff's idea. The "fingerpoke of doom" is often blown way out of context. If you actually believe that the "fingerpoke of doom" killed WCW, then you are a moron.

I was answering to the guy who said that Hogan saved WCW with his NWO, which is obvious crap, considering it was cute for a time but became one of the stuff that was ruining the shows eventually, the fingerpoke of doom may not been the only thing that killed WCW but sure when you take out all of the prestige from your world title that says a lot of the show.

HE STABBED THE WWE TWICE

I dont know if you were alive in the 80's, or how much history you know. But Im going to correct you on this. Follow me.

VINCE MCMAHON DID NOT MAKE HULK HOGAN. ROCKY 3,THE FANS OF THE AWA, AND BELIEVE IT OR NOT... ROWDY RODDY PIPER HAD A HAND IN MAKING HOGAN WHAT HE IS. All Vince did was picked him up, made him the face of the company, and capitalized on Hogans pre installed face appeal by putting him against the number 1 heel in the world.

All McMahon did was guide him. And by guiding him he and Hogan made the WWF a international force.

Without Hulk Hogan AND Vince. A guy like Cena wouldnt be a superstar. Because WWE wouldnt be as big as it it is today. I kinda wish the Hogan thing didnt happen because there was a LOT more options for wrestling then.

But with that being said. John Cena will never be as important as Hogan has been. Or even Flair.

Cena is about as important as Sting was in his prime ( Although Id give the Edge to Sting cause he was the face of WCW, and he was Main Eventing when Nitro was getting 7's. Unlike Cena who barely makes a 3 rating )

And yes Sting was the face of WCW, not Flair. Flair was the face of NWA.

HE STABBED THE WWE TWICE

And also because of Hogan the WWE is where it is today. If you look up his stuff in Japan you will see he actually could wrestle very well. Noone carried him. He however carried many people. Warrior and Andre being two. Yes he did stab WWE in the back. So that's a personal thing not a wrestling reason. He may have contributed in the death of WCW but he is also the reason they ever competed with WWE in the first place. Hogan's jump to WCW was the biggest moment in wrestling history. He isn't ruining TNA, they're turning a profit with Hogan in charge, they're touring instead of staying in the Impact Zone, TNA has had more positive change since Hogan took over then they had in 8 combined years before hand. Also he hasn't stepped in the ring in over a year and a half. I know you like Cena but stop being a fan boy. There's no bigger icon in wrestling than Hulk Hogan.

Vince made Hogan? How about the PEOPLE made Hogan! Vince can ONLY put people in a situation to succeed! Vince CAN'T MAKE THE FANS LIKE SOMEONE!!! The fans responded well to Hogan because Hogan was entertaining! The only thing I can gather from your post is that you have probably only been watching wrestling since about the Attitude Era. You also probably never watched WCW (youtube doesn't count) during it's time on top. The way you keep referencing how "Hogan betrayed WWE", you are also probably someone who says "if it isn't the WWE, then it's not good enough for me."

Did Andre the Giant "carry" Hogan at WM 3? Did the Warrior carry Hogan at WM 6? Did Goldberg carry Hogan at the Georgia Dome? etc... but then again, you were probably not alive for those first two examples.

Hogan made WCW die? Hogan and the nWo made WCW number 1, brother! The merger between AOL/ Time Warner killed WCW...

You don't even watch Impact Wrestling! This is evident because YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT HOGAN HAS BEEN WRESTLING IN TNA!!! Hogan has wrestled on ONE FREAKING TIME in TNA, and that was on March 8th, 2010 in a tag match.

Do some research before you speak!

I agreed with all of this.

But I have one question for everybody.

Lets say we took a worldwide poll of all the NON WRESTLING FANS. And we ask those non wrestling fans who is the most important anda famous man in wrestling history? I guarantee you a good 65 to 75% of those would say Hogan. Followed by Austin, McMahon, Flair, Rock, Sting, and then maybe Cena.

Hulk Hogan is on the same name notoriety level as Micheal Jordan and Babe Ruth. Cena aint even close to that level, and he never will be.

So until then. No matter whether Hogan is a piece of shit, or how good of a guy Cena is. Cena will never be as important as Hogan.

The thing about Hulk Hogan is that we've come to find out more about what he's actually like behind the scenes and out of the ring. Don't get me wrong, I don't know Hulk Hogan personally and don't claim to know what he's completely like away from wrestling or when the cameras aren't rolling. However, we have come to find out that Hogan is a shameless self promoter looking for any opportunity whatsoever to put himself over in any given situation. The guy's something of a wind bag that sometimes says stuff before thinking about them. At the same time though, Hogan always has nostalgia to rely on. There are people that have fantastic memories of watching Hulk Hogan when they were kids and they're memories they cherish. That's something that can't be bought and there's definitely something to say about that.

People that are in the neighborhood of my age grew up watching Hulk Hogan as this all American, old school style comic book superhero that endorsed Christian values. When we were kids, the vast majority of us believed that wrestling was real. Finding out that Hulk Hogan, in real life, wasn't all that similar to who he portrayed on screen has tarnished Hulk Hogan in the eyes of some fans. For them, it was like finding out there's no Santa Claus.

John Cena doesn't have that problem because he came about during the age of the internet. We were older when Cena started coming up and we knew what's what. At the same time, however, many of us were overly cynical of John Cena or outright hate the guy even though his character isn't all that much different from the living breathing superhero that Hulk Hogan was back in his heyday. Yet, Cena gets tons of grief from it.

From an in-ring perspective, I think John Cena is far and away superior to Hulk Hogan. Cena is possibly stronger than Hogan was in his prime, he's faster, more agile, generally much more athletic all around, his move set is generally more exciting with greater impact, etc. I'm not saying that John Cena is a technical marvel because we know that's not his style. Just like Hogan, Cena does have a set of signature moves but Cena's are far more energetic than Hogan's. Cena will even go to the top rope on occassion. Much of Hogan's entire offense was limited to the right hand, the big boot, the occassional clothesline, the body slam & the leg drop. Not that Cena's move set is hugely advanced or anything like that because it isn't, but Hogan's signatgure moves seemed to be limited to the most basic & elementary of pro wrestling ability.

On the mic, I think it's a closer race. Both Hogan & Cena are loaded with charisma, we all know that. Both of them do have drawbacks I think at times. At times, Hogan's screaming and growling into the mic seemed extremely repetitive. But, we often didn't see Hogan have promo segments that lasted 10 minutes or so. When we did, however, beginning in WCW with the nWo, we were treated to a heel Hulk Hogan and it felt different and it worked. It did get very repetitive later on, however, just as it's repetitive today as his promos consist mainly of how dominant he is or how much power he and his group have.

Cena is fully capable of giving great, emotional and energetic promos. I've seen him do it and he can do it at will. However, one of Cena's problems is that he sometimes tries to be all cutesy. He'll come out and cut some lame, corny jokes and try to be family friendly to such an extreme that it almost makes you wanna gag. When Cena was "fired" last year during the feud with Nexus, he gave a great "farewell" promo to the live crowd. Even though WWE screwed up the aftermath of Cena "leaving", the promo itself was great. It got to a lot of people when Cena talked about his family, especially his mother because lots of us know how it is to not be able to see our moms as much or as often as we'd like to. Cena has an ability to tap into people's emotions that I don't think Hulk Hogan has, at least from my perspective. Even when you have people booing so loud or cheering him so loud that they'll probably be hoarse the next day, he's still able to generate a great, emotional response. Generally, I have to give Cena the edge over Hogan here as well.

Hogan will always have his name and will always be a mega star among mega stars. His place in wrestling history is as certain as the sun coming up tomorrow. But I do prefer John Cena. Even though I'm not a huge John Cena fan, I do typically enjoy hearing him talk more than Hogan and I just think his matches tend to be far superior to Hogan's.

In Ring Skills: Defiately Cena. His moveset is unique and not as limited as any of the ones seen during the 80's, including Hogan's.

On The Mic:
Tie. Both delivered some of the best promos/interviews of their time. During an era where there was little talking time for superstars on TV, Hogan managed to get everyones attention with his now famous catchphrase.

Charisma: Hogan's charisma is what made the character. His catcphrases, the voice, and the pandering to the crowd are way more than Cena's hand signs or yelling "You want some, come get some". When Hogan spoke you felt the energy in his voice.

Passion: Cena is more passionate, this guy never takes a break.

Personality: Hogan. I like his ambition in the business and the fact he keeps pushing himself in order to be the best at what hes doing. He speaks at an honest level and is very candid about why people dislike him. Cena is just another one of the boys backstage. Hes held back careers due to his greediness and the whole nice guy persona is just that, a persona (hes been exposed by guys backstage before).

Overall I have to say Hogan is the better man. He revolutionized wrestling. The first guy who used entrance music, the first big star to be in movies, the first real media superstar created by the WWE, and the leader of his generation. Without Hogan wrestling might not be as big as it is today.

I read these posts all the time and constantly laugh about how little all you people know about wrestling. It's like you all started watching in 2003 and think that because you read wikipedia and watch youtube you know what wrestling was like in the 80's.

First of all this post is ridiculous. Cena or Hogan? REALLY?? HOGAN???? The biggest name in the history of wrestling being compared to a guy that is largely polarizing because everyone hates him. Not because he's a cool heel or that the angle he's currently in is warranting 80% boos when he comes out. No. It's because anyone over the age of 10 thinks he's boring, predictable and overrated and we're tired of being force fed him. He's the face of the company and people hate him. Not because he's a renegade. It's cause he sucks and most people don't wanna watch him.

You guys all say Cena is better on the mic. No. He isn't. When he's not rapping something lame he's talking about Hustle, Loyalty, Respect (Train, Say Your Prayers, Eat Your Vitamins, anyone?) and desperately trying to get people to cheer him when he constantly reminds us how much he "loves this business." WHATEVER. In the 80's guys didn't come out and start WWF Superstars with a 10 minute promo. They were interviewed in the back by Mean Gene. Hogan wasn't asked to do a 15 minute promo to start RAW in his heyday. But those short interviews with Mean Gene were better than ANYTHING Cena will EVER do. Go watch his promos from WrestleMania 3, 4, 5 and especially 6. Cena can't touch that. They are epic. 30 years from now you will all still remember "Whatcha gonna do?" and "the 24 inch pythons." "The CHAMP is here!" doesn't have the same effect. Sorry. It just doesn't.

It's hilarious that some of you morons say Cena is more passionate about the business than Hogan was. REALLY??? Were you there in the 80's? Were you there in the 90's? Hogan is not only the greatest face in the history of wrestling he's also the greatest heel. Did you watch his promos in WCW? They were entertaining. Him turning heel was the biggest thing to ever happen in wrestling. The nWo. Hogan has been part of the business since the 70's. It's now 2011. Will Cena still be involved in the sport in the 2030's??? DOUBT IT. Hogan helped put the WWF on the map. He made WCW what it was. At 49 years old he gave one of the most epic matches ever vs The Rock. Can Cena do that in 15 years? He can't even do it now. Hogan lacks zero passion for the business.

To say that Vince made Hogan as some of you have said is completely ridiculous. They needed eachother and to make it sound like ANYONE could've carried the company in the 80's is asinine. That's like saying no matter who Phil Jackson coached in the 90's, The Bulls would've won 6 titles. No. He had Jordan. Just like McMahon had Hogan. When Hogan lost the belt did the Macho Man or the Warrior become megastars like Hogan? No. They couldn't carry the company - rather benefited from their feuds with Hogan. To say that Vince could've decided to make Koko B. Ware the biggest name in wrestling if he wanted to is idiotic. There was one guy and one guy only capable of doing what he did. And that was Hogan. Whatever his move set was, who cares? He was the most entertaining wrestler of his time and no one even came close. Cena is the one shoved down our throats not Hogan. We embraced him. There are plenty of guys today that are capable of replacing Cena. CM Punk proved that last week. No one could've replaced Hogan.

As far as the feuds go. COME ON! Hulks were legendary. His feud with Mr. Wonder Paul Orndorff in 1986 was better than any feud Cena has EVER had and that wasn't even a landmark feud for Hogan. Andre, Bundy, Warrior, Savage, Flair, The Rock, Sting. All those feuds were more legendary than Cena vs Orton 50 times or even Cena vs Edge. You can make the argument that Hogan had the biggest feuds of the 80's (Andre, Savage), the 90's (Warrior, Flair, Sting(yes the match sucked but we're talking about feuds) and even the last decade with The Rock.

CENA doesnt have any great ALL TIME feuds. The last 6 years hes been the face of the company other feuds were far more interesting. Undertaker vs Michaels just to name one. Hogan was never outshined by anyone. Cena's best feud will end up being vs The Rock. And it's because of The Rock. Not because of Cena.

Whoever says Hogan only has 5 moves is completely missing the point of wrestling. It's not a SPORT. It's called entertainment. It's theatre. The characters, the gimmicks, the music, the costumes, the interviews, the feuds are largely more interesting than the match themselves sometimes. Yea, Chavo Guerrero is a great WRESTLER but there's a reason he was in the lower mid card his whole career. He doesn't have "IT" regardless of his technical ability. He's not larger than life. He doesn't transcend. And you can say that about almost every wrestler who ever laced them up. There is a reason Hogan is an ICON regardless of what kind of person he is. And there is also a reason over the last 25 years we've been force fed wrestlers in hopes of replacing him. Remember the "Lex Express?" Cena is just the latest example. You can't compare to Hogan. It's comparing Mark McGwire to Babe Ruth.

The only wrestler that came close to Hogan was Austin but even Austin only did it for 6/7 years. Not 25.

Honestly this thread is pretty bad your comparing a guy who took a rink a dink fake sport and brought it main stream to a guy who came in when the same sport was on a high but is now dying slowly.

Cena is just a Hogan remix so yes his Charisma, Personality may seem better now but he can not capture the audience like Hogan did. Like there are Cena haters on here I was a Hogan Hater and we got drowned out of arenas when Hogan came out.

Vince created Hogan and Hogan made WWE mainstream in other words Vince gave Hogan a jalopy and told him lets make this into a ferrari while Vince just gave Cena the keys to the same Ferrari and told him not to crash it.

You can't compare the 2

1) wow come to think of it john cena has the moveset of death, but he does have more moves then hogan.
2) tough one, hogan is great on the mic, but hulk has no reason to really cut promos anymore. john cena is good ill give him that, but this one is a draw.
3) hogan has way more charisma.
4) yes cena has more passion, hulk has betrayed the wwe numerous times so yeah this one goes to cena.
5) personality, ive never met either of them so ill have to take the word of the OP on this one.

-yup cena beats hogan by a longshot. i lost lots of respect for hogan despite what he did for the wwe, this is what hogan gets for wrestling at the age of 58, and you know being a dick in tna and stuff. plus he ditched the company that made him, so even more resoect lots so yeah, sorry but hogan really is done. as far as who did more for the company that one would have to go to hogan of course.

People alone didnt make Hulk Hogan Brother...No Vince did it and who the hell though that a face a man who fights for honour is a kissup to the crowd would not be liked? wrestling was new that time with usually the kids watching and as a evidence YOU DIDN'T WATCH WCW because the boos hogan got were unmatched beacuse people dint wan'ted goofy characters and superheroes he was overrated more than cena,and about hogan betraying wwe shawn micheals is was and forever will be a better performer than hogan but he did'nt quit nor did the undertaker where was hogan when wwe needed him the most oh i'll tell you he was in wcw taking the spotlight away from the up and coming eddie gurrero himself said the backstage choas in WCW,yup andre warrior and goldberg didnt carry hogan those matches were pathetic the only thing was hype other than that piper carried him ric flair in wcw carried him i was wrestlemania 3 live and i have been watching WCW heck i am a wrestling fan before the hogan and iron shiek match which made hogan the most overrated face of the wwe,and you'r mad to think that hogan did'nt kill WCW,the finger poke of doom killed the wcw forever but ofcourse you did'nt even watched it.

And yes i dont watch IMPACT WRESTLING since hogan came that guys gets airtime and it dose'nt matter that he wrestled one or 100 matches he wrestled he should quit and let me tell who you are a kid for the 80s who still didn't grew up.!

Did anyone ever teach you how to use proper punctuation?

You couldn't be any farther off, dude... I BLED WCW! I know a hell of a lot more about WCW & TNA than you do! You are just another WWE fan boy...

If you didn't like the matches from WM 3, WM 6, and Nitro in the Georgia Dome so what? You say that those matches sucked, right? However, we all know that the fan response in those particular 3 matches is pretty much un matched in wrestling history... 93,000 FREAKING PEOPLE PACKED IN TO WATCH WM 3! That is still a WWE record! John Cena couldn't draw 93,000 people into a building if you were to combine the next 3 pay per views!

Of course Hogan got boos in WCW in 94 & 95... Much like Cena get boos now. However, Hogan still had his fanbase, much like Cena still has his. The problem with your statement is that Hogan became MORE popular as a heel in WCW than he ever was as a babyface in the WWE and he made way more money in WCW.

Like I said before, The "fingerpoke of doom" did not kill WCW... WCW did not go out of business until 2 years later. The AOL/ TIME WARNER merger killed WCW.

Smarten up, dude...

For your information Sting was already big before Hogan and had WAY more epic fights with Ric Flair, if somebody help him with his carreer was the Naitch, not Hogan. The Giant was never taking seriously not even by the management, in one interview he even told that while he was world champ he was making less money that many guys on the WCW roster, thats why he left to WWE where he actually made a carreer. And the fact that if Hogan beaten Goldberg that would had destroy his carreer, of course he would but by any wrestler, you just said it IT WAS A FREAKING STREAK! he already was a top guy by the moment he fought Hogan, I don't know if you heard the pops he got on every show he was, Hogan didnt do that, Goldberg did (btw i dont like Goldberg)

For your information, I never said that Sting was not a big star before Hogan... What I did say was that Sting became BIGGER than at any point previous in his career with Hogan and the nWo. This is what we call a FACT! Sting was a much bigger star in 1998 than he was in 1991...

The Giant was a multi time WCW world champion, idiot! We were never talking about how much the Giant or anyone else made; we were talking about whether or not he was a star or not. Hogan had a large part in making the Giant a star.

I don't know if you know this or not, but Hogan had creative control over his character in WCW... Hogan could have LITERALLY walk into WCW management and told them that he was gonna be world champion for the next 6 years and NOBODY COULD HAVE TOLD HIM NO!!! With that said, that means that Hogan could have stepped in and said "I am gonna beat Goldberg tonight, brother", and nobody could have stopped him. So Hogan CHOSE to let Goldberg beat him, and keep Goldberg's momentum going...

if i had to pick hogan and cena both in their prime and deal with all there bagage id pick cena hands down. as much as i dislike cena on tv the man has passion, the man works his ass off and takes a beating and legit tries to do whats better for the company. can anyone honestly say anything good about hogan behind the scenes? has anyone ever said anything bad about cena?

ya i get hogan was THE GUY and im not saying cena is bigger but what i am saying as a true professional there no comparrison

I was answering to the guy who said that Hogan saved WCW with his NWO, which is obvious crap, considering it was cute for a time but became one of the stuff that was ruining the shows eventually, the fingerpoke of doom may not been the only thing that killed WCW but sure when you take out all of the prestige from your world title that says a lot of the show.

It's like this, Hogan signed with WCW and turned the tide for the company, without him it's possible that WCW would have either gone out of business much sooner or scaled back BIG TIME and have gone back to their roots as a mere Mid-Atlantic promotion. I know it's the in thing to do on these forums to bash Hogan's contributions to wrestling and his reputation due to all this yellow journalism on the internet, but let's be real for a second.

Hulk Hogan has gone from company to company and made an impact because he's Hulk Hogan, plain and simple. Even as a rookie in the late 70s he turned heads. Granted TNA is not running wild on the wrestling world, brother (pardon the pun) but as long as it's on TV there's still hope. Nothing against John Cena but time will only tell if he can prove to have that legacy that Hogan has.

But please spare us your obnoxious trolling it wasn't cute when the OP was doing it, and you're failing just as miserably as he is.

if i had to pick hogan and cena both in their prime and deal with all there bagage id pick cena hands down. as much as i dislike cena on tv the man has passion, the man works his ass off and takes a beating and legit tries to do whats better for the company. can anyone honestly say anything good about hogan behind the scenes? has anyone ever said anything bad about cena?

ya i get hogan was THE GUY and im not saying cena is bigger but what i am saying as a true professional there no comparrison

Let me put it to you nice and simple there loucar86, John Cena hasn't lived in the celebrity spotlight as long as Hulk Hogan has. If in 25 years he is still as clean as a whistle, I'll owe you a coke. And if you are going to believe what you "hear about backstage" as gospel because you read it on the internet than you are the living, breathing definition of a lost soul. For that you have my condolences.

I read these posts all the time and constantly laugh about how little all you people know about wrestling. It's like you all started watching in 2003 and think that because you read wikipedia and watch youtube you know what wrestling was like in the 80's.

First of all this post is ridiculous. Cena or Hogan? REALLY?? HOGAN???? The biggest name in the history of wrestling being compared to a guy that is largely polarizing because everyone hates him. Not because he's a cool heel or that the angle he's currently in is warranting 80% boos when he comes out. No. It's because anyone over the age of 10 thinks he's boring, predictable and overrated and we're tired of being force fed him. He's the face of the company and people hate him. Not because he's a renegade. It's cause he sucks and most people don't wanna watch him.

You guys all say Cena is better on the mic. No. He isn't. When he's not rapping something lame he's talking about Hustle, Loyalty, Respect (Train, Say Your Prayers, Eat Your Vitamins, anyone?) and desperately trying to get people to cheer him when he constantly reminds us how much he "loves this business." WHATEVER. In the 80's guys didn't come out and start WWF Superstars with a 10 minute promo. They were interviewed in the back by Mean Gene. Hogan wasn't asked to do a 15 minute promo to start RAW in his heyday. But those short interviews with Mean Gene were better than ANYTHING Cena will EVER do. Go watch his promos from WrestleMania 3, 4, 5 and especially 6. Cena can't touch that. They are epic. 30 years from now you will all still remember "Whatcha gonna do?" and "the 24 inch pythons." "The CHAMP is here!" doesn't have the same effect. Sorry. It just doesn't.

It's hilarious that some of you morons say Cena is more passionate about the business than Hogan was. REALLY??? Were you there in the 80's? Were you there in the 90's? Hogan is not only the greatest face in the history of wrestling he's also the greatest heel. Did you watch his promos in WCW? They were entertaining. Him turning heel was the biggest thing to ever happen in wrestling. The nWo. Hogan has been part of the business since the 70's. It's now 2011. Will Cena still be involved in the sport in the 2030's??? DOUBT IT. Hogan helped put the WWF on the map. He made WCW what it was. At 49 years old he gave one of the most epic matches ever vs The Rock. Can Cena do that in 15 years? He can't even do it now. Hogan lacks zero passion for the business.

To say that Vince made Hogan as some of you have said is completely ridiculous. They needed eachother and to make it sound like ANYONE could've carried the company in the 80's is asinine. That's like saying no matter who Phil Jackson coached in the 90's, The Bulls would've won 6 titles. No. He had Jordan. Just like McMahon had Hogan. When Hogan lost the belt did the Macho Man or the Warrior become megastars like Hogan? No. They couldn't carry the company - rather benefited from their feuds with Hogan. To say that Vince could've decided to make Koko B. Ware the biggest name in wrestling if he wanted to is idiotic. There was one guy and one guy only capable of doing what he did. And that was Hogan. Whatever his move set was, who cares? He was the most entertaining wrestler of his time and no one even came close. Cena is the one shoved down our throats not Hogan. We embraced him. There are plenty of guys today that are capable of replacing Cena. CM Punk proved that last week. No one could've replaced Hogan.

As far as the feuds go. COME ON! Hulks were legendary. His feud with Mr. Wonder Paul Orndorff in 1986 was better than any feud Cena has EVER had and that wasn't even a landmark feud for Hogan. Andre, Bundy, Warrior, Savage, Flair, The Rock, Sting. All those feuds were more legendary than Cena vs Orton 50 times or even Cena vs Edge. You can make the argument that Hogan had the biggest feuds of the 80's (Andre, Savage), the 90's (Warrior, Flair, Sting(yes the match sucked but we're talking about feuds) and even the last decade with The Rock.

CENA doesnt have any great ALL TIME feuds. The last 6 years hes been the face of the company other feuds were far more interesting. Undertaker vs Michaels just to name one. Hogan was never outshined by anyone. Cena's best feud will end up being vs The Rock. And it's because of The Rock. Not because of Cena.

Whoever says Hogan only has 5 moves is completely missing the point of wrestling. It's not a SPORT. It's called entertainment. It's theatre. The characters, the gimmicks, the music, the costumes, the interviews, the feuds are largely more interesting than the match themselves sometimes. Yea, Chavo Guerrero is a great WRESTLER but there's a reason he was in the lower mid card his whole career. He doesn't have "IT" regardless of his technical ability. He's not larger than life. He doesn't transcend. And you can say that about almost every wrestler who ever laced them up. There is a reason Hogan is an ICON regardless of what kind of person he is. And there is also a reason over the last 25 years we've been force fed wrestlers in hopes of replacing him. Remember the "Lex Express?" Cena is just the latest example. You can't compare to Hogan. It's comparing Mark McGwire to Babe Ruth.

The only wrestler that came close to Hogan was Austin but even Austin only did it for 6/7 years. Not 25.

looks like you have been on earth even before the birth of terry and you watched wwe in 2005 cena and hogan can be compared i am sick of people that say hogan is a god and jizz in thier pants as i told you there could have been anyone roddy piper had charisma the technical skill and fan support but vince chosed hogan because he was big and cena is better on the mic all hogan do was scream "i am the hulkster i eat steroids ignore prayers' blah blah blah he didnt give emotional promos or serious one cena can give emotional and serious promo's pg limited him that he cant use adult jokes it didn't limited hogan because of kids and he always kissed up to the fans look at cena in 2005 to 2006 he was beast on the mic that time he was way better than hogan when he rapped on the rock he had the full support of the crowd the people boo cena because they were the same people who saw hogan ultimate warrior as cartoon superheroes they wan't to see something realistic and that's not cena fault blame the creative those medicore hollywood writers and cena dosen't have any great feuds then allow me to say YOU DON'T EVEN WATCH WWE ****** did you see his fued with edge he said himself 'cities,championships,wives,girlfrinds,managers,lackeys,your hotel,my hotel,my dad,tlc,briefcases,history and wrestlemania' this is what a true fued is what did this fued miss? cena invokes a reaction better than anyone wether people cheer or boo him they are on thier feet he commands the attention of the fans and whenever he holds a mic he gets thier attention and moron hogan is the biggest backstabbing piece of eggplant shit where was hogan when wwe needed him oh he was in wcw getting more money shawn was offered a contract but he stayed and carried the company in its darkest days and because of shawn there was HHH and stone cold and about the fingerpoke of doom being the nuthead hogan is he returned from injury eric bishopp told that he was against the idea but hogan had creative control in his contract and he made the decision of the infamous fingerpoke of doom son i get it you dont watch wwe i have been a fan since hogan became the face so don't be a know it all moron read more wikipedia and youtube then debate.

Hogan hands down, its not even debatable. Everybody get this straight. If it wasn't for Hogan ( and of course Vince Mcmahon), we wouldn't have this debate today because wrestling wouldn't be as huge as it/was. If it wasn't for Hogan, WCW would have closed well before 2001. His arrival in WCW in 1994 and his iconic heel turn in 1996 are the biggest events in wrestling history after him being able to slam tne late André The Giant. If it wasn't for Hogan, Cena and many other wrestlers that started wrestling after 2001 would be car salemen ( nothing against car salesmen but you know the idea).

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back