Jim Cornette - ingenious or bitter

GSM

YOU RULED THE WORLD LONG ENOUGH !!!
Jim Cornette, legendary manager, booker and even promoter.
He is a promo submachine gun and considered to be one of the greatest minds in the wrestling business.

And he has done it all, he was a color commentator in the WCW, he had his own promotion Smokey Mountain Wrestling, he was a manager in the WWF and lead his own Stable called Camp Cornette, he also was part of TNA and now he is involved with Ring of Honor.

He also hates not only Mark Madden but also Vince Russo with a passion and he is not too fond of Paul Heyman either.

This man sure is a legend but that does not save him from bein critizised by the internet community.

He was called bitter, antiquated and his visions were brushed off as nonsense.
Lately he has shot at everything that wasn´t ROH and he even apologized to the wrestling fans for his involvement in TNA and for being in the same company with Vince Russo for so long. And apparently hates everything that is produced by the WWE.

But what do you think, is he a genius that is just misunderstood by some or is he bitter ?

Can it be a little from column A, and a little from column B? His genius throughout the years isn't in question. As a heel manager, Jim Cornette was bloody brilliant. He may be the second greatest heel manager behind Bobby Heenan (sorry Jimmy, NOBODY was as good as Heenan). His involvement in the famous "scaffold" match is legendary.

However, just because he had many great accomplishments, does not eliminate bitterness as a reasoning for his recent diatribes. I can't really blame him for hating on Russo or Madden, both men are cancers to pro wrestling as a whole...but, I suspect that Jim Cornette has serious anger management issues, that sometimes on TV, when his face got beet red, it wasn't simply because of his wrestlers getting screwed by the faces, or whatever the storyline called for, I think Cornette's own anger only served to amplify his tv character, that Jim Cornette the manager is just a slightly amped up version of Jim Cornette the man. I think, like other wrestlers and managers of his generation, he might feel left out now, that somehow wrestling has forgotten about him.

So, I suspect Jim Cornette is both genius and bitter at the same time.

He annoys the fuck out of me now. I never understood the 'genius' behind this man. I know he's good, but I think he's overrated. He just seems like a angry, bitter old man right now. He just comes off stupid every time he opens his mouth and speaks on WWE or TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back