Jericho vs Undertaker, the match that never happened?

xsKiitz

chidori nagashi. 漢字
I personally would love to see these 2 feud, and even better, getting a match at Mania. Hopefully Triple H doesn't occupy that spot and it's decided that he ends it with Taker at Summerslam.

As far as we know, The Rock's got Cena at Wrestlemania 28, so I suppose we can count out the Cena-Undertaker match everyone's been wanting. After Shawn the question going around was.. who else is there? People thought that Triple H was the last to be able to challenge him, and John Cena came into question also, but I think everyone's forgetting about Chris Jericho. He's been in the business for ages, and think he's overdue for a Taker feud. He could definately pull it off, and I know he's never been one to have to be carried through a match. And I believe he's a more suitable challenge to Taker then Cena is. I just don't think Cena's in Undertaker's league, yet Chris Jericho, HBK, Triple H, definately are.

I know they would put on a tremendous match, and Jericho could go over as a major heel, taking advantage of Taker's injuries and what not and could taunt Taker week in and week out and force him to make an appearance on Raw/SD, then attack him and beat him down very heel-ishly and get some hard heat on him.

So my questions are;
Would you lke to see this match?

At Wrestlemania 28?

Do you think he's more suited to face Undertaker than John Cena?

Discuss.

I just don't see Jericho as a credible threat to the Undertaker though... I have NEVER seen Jericho as a credible threat at ALL for that matter, to anyone, let alone the Deadman.

He could be storylined like mad, and he would only have momentum until Taker got his hands on him.

I want more from Jericho.

By the title you are acting like this match has never happened. They had a match in 09 for the first time and it was on Smackdown. To answer your question, I would like this. I think the mind games in the build up would be great. Have Jericho call Taker a hypocrite and such and that he needs to retire. I just think HHH/Taker will have a rematch next year even though I would rather see Jericho/Taker.

By the title you are acting like this match has never happened. They had a match in 09 for the first time and it was on Smackdown.

My mistake, I was meaning an actual feud with a storyline.
Kind of shocks me that in the years that both of these guys have clocked up, they haven't had a real feud.

I know Jericho would run his mouth very well and build the story to that point, but I also know that Taker would just kick his ass when the he got the chance! If this happens, I would hope that it wouldn't be at a Wrestlemania.

there have been alot of undertaker WM dream matches john cena vs. the undertaker, and my favorite sting vs. the undertaker. But i never would hav thought Jericho vs. undertaker, i mean this could be a potentially great match, maybe just maybe a wrestlemania 25 michaels vs. taker quality match. because jericho is a fantastic talent ( he can keep a story flowing, he could be a major heel, and hes a great wrestler, and he could make the story somewhat believable) and taker can put on fantastic mania matches(WM 25). but the only reason i say no, is that its is most likely going to be his last mania next year against HHH, just look at his condition after WM 27 he put everything into that match(even a illegal (in wwes mind)chairshot to the head).

FINALLY!!! Someone has the right idea. I've been advocating this WM matchup for years now. I honestly think that for all of the roster that hasn't had UT at Mainia Jericho and Cena are the most deserving.

The match they had in 09 was awesome and that was a Smackdown. The reversals that both men used...it had great drama for a taped match on a random Tuesday.

Sadly this match won't happen at Mainia. But if Jericho returns from DWTS, I'd love to see a solid feud between the two.

Put some story behind it, set it up for Rumble, maybe World Title on the line. Doesn't matter who comes out on top. But have an obsessed heel HHH attack a weak Taker afterwards can really set the expected WM rematch up well.

Just a thought

In an actual feud without W.M. in the picture, I see Jericho being a threat. If it were a streak match at W.M. then of course he wouldn't be a threat. If HBK didn't end his streak then no one will. He's 19-0 now and I doubt Jericho would be the one to do it. It could be a good feud but its a little late in the game now seeing that Jericho probably won't return for a while still and 'taker will never be 100% again. Plus I don't see him coming back anytime soon either.

The only logical answer would be someone who hasn't faced Taker yet... someone from the new generation.

Look HBK > Y2J... why would Y2J think he could do it... if HBK... HHH couldn't.

I mean Jericho was like a cruiserweight when HBK was winning World Titles.

It would need to be some one from this new generation, someone who we can't say isn't better than HBK or Taker could be one day.

Would you like to see this match? Yes, I would love it. They need to build Jericho as a very serious contender though, otherwise, the match will be great.

At Wrestlemania 28? Like I said already, Chris Jericho needs to be built as a serious contender, and this match will be a REAL epic.

Do you think he's more suited to face Undertaker than John Cena? During WM 28 you mean? John Cena is busy with The Rock, and nobody wants to watch him fight HHH... AGAIN. Chris Jericho sounds good.

I think jericho would have worked before HBK, but HBK set the bar so damn high, it's hard to see too many people doing it. i mean, when you look at the first taker/HBK, it was pure action. it wasnt chairs, and sledgehammers, and slamming through the colemine. it was pure in ring action from bell to bell. To me, that's the bar. it was the best taker mania match ever, even better than taker/HBK vol 2 and taker/HHH vol 2. taker and hhh vol 2 was mainly chairs and destruction. they did some in ring stuff, but not too much. it was good, but not like taker/hbk vol 1. i think that jericho/taker would be good, but not as good as people are now expecting every taker mania match to be moving forward.

I would have wanted to see it at wm24.

I think cena/taker would never, ever, ever work. people hate cena, and if cena were to break the streak, the wwe universe would explode, so there wouldnt really be any thought of maybe it could happen this year. the last 3 years were "maybe the streak could be broken", against cena, it would be "the streak better not be broken or I'm boycotting!" so yeah, jericho/taker > cena/taker

Chris Jericho is a great wrestler.

He, however, is not an iconic, comic book type figure like Triple H is. He's not larger than life. He's very much a human being. Triple H is a hero, a champion, a liberator...a conquering king. He needs to fight Taker again, because those are the only kinds of opponents that are worth Taker still fighting against.

Pretty perfect match for Jericho should he return with his "best in the world at what I do" gimmick.

- Have him go around boasting that he is just that and go as far as to say that he is the only one who has the ability to end the streak because he is "way-better" than the ones who have fallen to the Undertaker at WrestleMania.

- Maybe have him relentlessly attacking superstars after his matches as well. Even going as far as to do some Taker stuff in some of his matches like a throat slash, tombstone piledriver to one of his opponents, and Taker's pinning perhaps.

IF Jericho does return before Wrestlemania 28, this would be the perfect match for Undertaker at Mania. Jericho who is a great worker and can put on a great match vs. a legend in the Undertaker. This would be a great match and could be one that would steal the show. Will they do this though, it depends on Jericho and of course Vince McMahon.

I would loe this match at Wrestlemania I think there could be some good promos involed and it would be a very interesting match. In a way they could run a promo which would be Jericho calling Taker simply Mark and not Undertaker, suggesting Taker is just a man. I think this would be an awesome feud and would be a great way for Taker to go 20-0. I think Jericho has the star power as well to be a quality opponent for Taker. As for the question as to whether I would rather see Cena vs Undertaker or Jericho vs Undertaker and the answer to that would be I would rather see Cena vs Taker because this would be Old School vs New School with the current roster. Also these two only have three matchs against each other adding to the match. However I think Jericho vs Taker would be great as well.

If its for the streak the answer is no to all 3 questions, if its a regular match, sure I would be up for it.

The truth is Jericho will never be a threat to the streak even though he is a legend. He has the skill (even beat Taker in his last EC for the title) but its booking 101 that anyone who ends the streak is gonna be someone on the rise, they will never waste the streak on someone who can't use it, and this is the reason why I never bought HBK or HHH for a second to end the streak. Luckily those guys put on such amazing performances with Taker that ultimately it didn't matter but although Jericho is great, he doesn't have the vast psychology of a HHH or HBK to make it work.

I'm not saying Jericho has bad psychology because I think the opposite of that, but it pales in comparison to HBK or HHH, I just don't think Jericho can put on the epic story like HBK and HHH did with Taker. Jericho could give Taker a good match, but not an epic encounter like HBK and HHH.

So for the reasons that:

A) I would never believe Jericho could end it (and neither would anyone else).
B) The match wouldn't be as good
C) Jericho is used much better at putting over younger talent

I don't care how much buildup Jericho would get, it would never be enough to convince the average fan he could do it. He's a legend, but guys like HBK, HHH and Undertaker are in a different stratusphere altogether.

It would probably be a good match, but Jericho has never been booked as a guy strong enough to beat the Undertaker and end the streak.

i would like to see them fight at WM 28 but first jericho has to return, and when he returns, he will probably be a face because alot of people will mark out for him. they will have to slowly turn hum heel and then he can start feuding with the undertaker.

First off let me start by saying that I am one of the biggest Jerichoholics you will ever meet. I have been following him since his WCW days and if anyone would want this match it is me. However even though I want this match I will say that I want him to face Undertaker at Wrestlemania 28 and LOSE.

I believe it would be an amazing match, built up by one of the greatest men to hold a mic and one of the most iconic figures in WWE history. Not only would the buildup be one of the greatest of any Taker mania match but this is a match that would deliver in and out of the ring. This is a match that will easily deliver in the ring, I don't think any match will ever compare to Michaels vs Undertaker #1 but the fans will love it and most importantly it will be an impressive win a true veteran.

Would I rather see Cena or Jericho face Undertaker? I will say that I would rather see Jericho face Undertaker and my reason is to make the WWE Universe ultimatly happy. If Cena faces Taker and loses then the half of the WWE Universe that loves John falls apart. If Cena beat Taker and broke the streak the other half of the WWE Universe would fall apart and possibly never watch wrestling again. By making sure that John Cena never faces the Undertaker the WWE will avoid Armageddon. Make Chris Jericho vs Undertaker for Wrestlemania 28 and save the Universe.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong but I don't think Undertaker has ever faced Jericho at Wrestlemania. If he hasn't I don't see why Jericho can't be the next one to fight to end the streak. I'll be amazed if Taker is able to go beyond WM 28 given his injuries that have been nagging him. With Cena/Rock being a lock for next year, I see the odds of Cena/Taker ever happening getting smaller and smaller. It will probably be predictable as hell but so was HHH/Taker. It can still potentially be a five star match even if Jericho isn't built to be a credible threat to the streak. Their matches on Smackdown in 2009 were very solid and I would love to see them steal the show at Wrestlemania. Since Cena will be otherwise preoccupied with the Rock, assuming Jericho returns within the next several months, I say make it happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back