Jeff Jarrett

Mr. TM

Throwing a tantrum
When Jeff Jarrett finally retires, how will he be remembered by wrestling fans. He is one of the few wrestlers to have had success in the three major wrestling promotions of the last 20 years.

Jarrett started in the WWF where he went on to have some success, making a great tag team with Owen Hart, being the Europeans and the Intercontinental Champion. I think his time in WWF will always be tainted by the debated blackmailing that went on between Jeff Jarrett and Vince McMahon.

Will Jarrett be remembered for his successful run on the WCW, where he went on to become a 4 time WCW Champion, and was part of some of the biggest storylines during the end of WCW. I always thought this was Jarrett's best time of his career. He was in the starlight, even if it was for a dying promotion. I'm not sure he would have been champion of WCW during 97, but none the less, he did leave a mark on the company.

Jarrett's last promotion and current promotion that should be highlighted is his time in his own Company, TNA. He is a 6 time champion there, and was one of the building blocks of the company that is now the number two promotion in the North American wrestling market. In my mind, not his best time, as fans know who is booking the show, and why he is a 6 time champion.

Those are my opinions, I will always remember him for his time in WCW, even though I don't think I will ever shed the memory of Jeff's pure emotions during his tribute to Owen. What are your opinions, how and for what promotion will Jeff Jarrett be remembered.

I think his time in WWF will always be tainted by the debated blackmailing that went on between Jeff Jarrett and Vince McMahon.

Is that what was bothering him? I always wondered why he always seemed to be living in unadulterated misery while bouncing back and forth between WCW and WWE. Both companies featured him prominently, yet he wound up leaving.

You ask how he will be remembered? I'll remember wondering how far he could have risen in WWE if he didn't quit twice. I also wonder how he would have fared if McMahon had taken him back after WCW folded.

I think he will be remembered differently by different fans. I feel that hardcore WWE fans may remember him as a whiny, blackmailing(Chyna situtaion) baby who never was a mainevent type talent, because WWE want try to build up his legacy because of the TNA thing. In TNA though Jarett is seen like a HHH type god.

Some fans don't like him because of backstage politics, but in TNA he really was one of their top guys and helped make TNA so sucessful. He's WCW days won't be remembered as highly since it's out of business and he was on top when WCW was declining. So yeah WWE fans may not see him past a midcard baby while other fans may see him as a pioneering superstar.

I hate the term, Jeff Jarrett blackmailed Vince McMahon. Jeff Jarrett had a business opportunity because some dumb ass that signed the contract didn't realize that Jeff Jarrett's contract expired a day before a pay per view match for the Intercontinental championship. Vince McMahon, the practitioner of many shady business doings, got what he had coming to him. Double J had a job to do, he did, and he got paid for it. It was an opportunity for him to bank roll off of someones stupid mistake, and he took that. He was heading out the door, and jobbing to a woman in a title match, I would have stuck it to the WWE at the time to. Bottomline, JJ did the job, and it could have hurt his career badly too.

The legacy of Jarrett will depend on the success of TNA, and soley that. WCW and his five title reigns, are essentially meaningless at this point. Vince McMahon owns Jarretts history, and if he choses to bury it, then I'm pretty sure that most people that accept the current WWE and their revisionist history point of view, they won't acknowledge Jarrett.

But TNA exist as a separate entity, that can either really succeed, or fail miserably. Double J's future legacy is going to be entirely dependent on what he can do with TNA, rightfully or wrongfully.

I think that he will be remembered for his WWF, and WCW days. Jarret had some amazing charisma during his WWF days, and was a great IC champ. He was talented in the ring, and I really enjoyed his matches and promos. I think that is what fans will remember about him in his WWF days.

Now his WCW days I think he will be remembered for many things. I think his Four Horseman run was good, and even though it wasn't the same as the original Four it was still good. Another thing I think he will be remembered for is his title reigns. Jarrett is a four time champ, and even though I really didn't watch WCW I think they were at least decent title reigns, because he is talented. That will most likely be what he is most remembered for in his WCW days.

Now even though I don't think he will most be remembered for TNA I still think it is an important part to his legacy. Jarrett and his dad built the company and made it where it is today. Here he will be remembered for his 6 title reigns, but most TNA fans will remember him for really building the company that they love. Like Shocky said though, it will all depend on how far TNA goes, but at this point I don't think it will go far enough for it to be what he is most remembered for.

There are many other moments I can name that I will remember for Jarrett, but I don't have the time to think of all of them. So I think he will most be remembered for his time in WWF and following very closely, his time in WCW.

Ive got to agree with Shocky on this one. Jeff Jarrett will simply be remembered on how successful TNA becomes. He took a big risk in creating his own company and is now the number two company in the business. Albeit a far away second. It's also true that Vince owns all of Jarretts career up until 2002. So he could just simply erase him from the record if he wants. But considering how TNA goes thats how Jarrett will be remembered.

I hate the term, Jeff Jarrett blackmailed Vince McMahon. Jeff Jarrett had a business opportunity because some dumb ass that signed the contract didn't realize that Jeff Jarrett's contract expired a day before a pay per view match for the Intercontinental championship. Vince McMahon, the practitioner of many shady business doings, got what he had coming to him. Double J had a job to do, he did, and he got paid for it. It was an opportunity for him to bank roll off of someones stupid mistake, and he took that. He was heading out the door, and jobbing to a woman in a title match, I would have stuck it to the WWE at the time to. Bottomline, JJ did the job, and it could have hurt his career badly too.

At the time I would have agreed with you. Why not take some money off Vince McMahon on your way out? But at the end of the day he probably would have got employed by WWE again in 2001, and I'm sure he would have had a similar career to the likes of Booker & RVD. He'd tread water for a few years, before getting a short title run. He was good enough and solid enough for WWE to give him a go once they'd established two world titles.

And I'm sure PPV bonuses, yearly wage, merch sales etc would have eclipsed whatever money he'd made from TNA. So he might have got a quarter of a million in 1999, but he would probably have made that each year in WWE since 2001. Obviously that's only speculation.

Double J?.... Ain't he gay?

Sorry, had to do it.

I'll always remember Jeff Jarrett for being the guy who won matches by getting his valet to wave her cleavage at the official and then smash people in the head with a guitar. He'll also be remembered for being yet another mid carder who claimed to be the greatest IC champion of all time.

To my recollection, i don't recall seeing a single match with him on one side that i didn't enjoy. His promos weren't always amazing, especially not in the Double J days, but he was a solid worker.

After losing to Chyna though, and leaving for the dub-ya-C-dub-ya i've only ever seen him on TV once, and that was appearing in a WCW ring talking about how he was the shit, and near enough the whole locker room was in the ring with him. For some reason, i immediately gave up caring, although i was kind of disappointed when the Invasion angle started and Vince was sat on Raw talking about how Jeff wouldn't get re-hired

Double J?.... Ain't he gay?

Sorry, had to do it.

I'll always remember Jeff Jarrett for being the guy who won matches by getting his valet to wave her cleavage at the official and then smash people in the head with a guitar. He'll also be remembered for being yet another mid carder who claimed to be the greatest IC champion of all time.

To my recollection, i don't recall seeing a single match with him on one side that i didn't enjoy. His promos weren't always amazing, especially not in the Double J days, but he was a solid worker.

After losing to Chyna though, and leaving for the dub-ya-C-dub-ya i've only ever seen him on TV once, and that was appearing in a WCW ring talking about how he was the shit, and near enough the whole locker room was in the ring with him. For some reason, i immediately gave up caring, although i was kind of disappointed when the Invasion angle started and Vince was sat on Raw talking about how Jeff wouldn't get re-hired

Jarrett's legacy will easily be TNA as his time in WWE never really was anything huge other than the IC title reigns which puts him in Razor's league. His WCW time was much bigger, but with the company being non existent now, those memories are fading quickly, if they ever existed in the first place. The fact of the matter is that Jarrett's biggest contribution to wrestling is TNA, which is slowly but surely getting a firmer grip in the wrestling scene. With the ratings going up and more people watching, Jarrett's legacy as a potential enemy to Vince rises a bit higher. Even if TNA folds tomorrow they've still made their mark in wrestling, and that's primarily because of Jarrett.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back