Jeff Jarrett Resigns from TNA

Evenflow DDT

Pre-Show Stalwart
http://www.ringsidenews.com/article/15186/jeff-jarrett-quits-tna-wrestling/

Jeff Jarrett, who co-founded TNA Wrestling with his father in 2002, announced this afternoon via Twitter that he has parted ways with the promotion.

"On December 22nd, 2013 I officially resigned from TNA Entertainment. Thanks to everyone involved for all the fantastic memories! #grateful," Jarrett wrote.

Following his television role departure in December 2011, Jarrett maintained a behind-the-scenes job with the company.

--

It seems that JJ is "leaving" the company that he and his father started in 2002. This is quite shocking considering he was working backstage as an agent and with the creative team. He hasn't been seen on screen since 2011. What does his leaving mean for TNA, more importantly what is leaving me for his future in the business?

Thoughts?

Moderator's Note:

I realize this is breaking news, and people will want to respond in a timely fashion, but this is still a no-spam forum and your responses need to follow forum rules and have reason and/or substance to them.

Thanks,
IDR

I forget who wrote it a while back, but this whole thing, based on the Styles' "contract" scenario just screams massive work where Styles eventually returns to the company along with Jarrett and others — Matt Morgan, perhaps, all of whom have been slighted by the company or slighted by Dixie Carter.

Styles, if you remember, made mention of "making Dixie pay", so it stands to reason that the way to do so most emphatically would be to take her company away from her in a match where he puts his "job" on the line, let's say, where if he wins, she's "out" of TNA (or at least off screen), similar to what Baby Bischoff did to Eric a while back.

In all honesty, I did not know Jarrett was still with TNA. I have not seen him on air in years and does seem like he was doing much backstage until just a couple of months ago when he started to gain some power while Eric Bischoff and Hulk Hogan were on their way out in October.

Good luck to Jeff. I respect what he has done for TNA but I also think he prevented them from growing as a company, in all honesty.

In terms of his future in the business, I hope he does not start another promotion, would not be a smart move. He got lucky with TNA. I see Jarrett working in Mexico and doing indy shows across the country. I do not see WWE hiring him, though.

If Warrior can go back then Jarrett can. Remember when he held Vince up he was out of contract and being asked to lose to a woman, two things that should have cost Vince as he didn't take the belt off him before his contract expired... had he refused to do it then that's one thing but he let Chyna beat him so ultimately that will probably carry more weight than anything in the long run and Jerry has always been on reasonably good terms.

Even if he came in to induct Owen into the Hall of Fame (he's a safe compromise choice) if politically it's awkward for Bret to do it. If they gave him a shot he wouldn't get much of a push but he'd defo be good for an angle with 3MB or maybe a Manager for someone like Drew McIntyre.
At the end of the day, Trips is smart enough to know he has experience that could be valuable to NXT at the minimum. He wouldn't get to be in charge. so I could still see him in ROH first but it's the kind of mind that the young guys could pick for a while and Trips could over the competition.

The only real issue is if there is any kind of non-compete clause in his settlement (which he will be getting as he was the "creator" of TNA that says he can't go to WWE.

ROH could definitely use him and use him well and he could always do a few tours of Japan. But I get the feeling this is JJ done with the business. He lost his first wife, gained a new one and I don't see him ever wanting to leave them for wrestling again.

If Vince is smart he'll make a sweet offer to possibly get Jeff to accept a HOF induction and thus completely undermine TNA's HOF.

That being said, I am admitting that I don't think that this is a work. I'm not claiming to be psychic or to be in possession of any level of common sense. I honestly don't see much impact in a surprise comeback from Jeff Jarrett, it's not like his leaving was predicated on an angle involving his disgust with TNA management. Nothing was established to make the fans want to see Jeff Jarrett come back. If they love him, they love him, but there's an entire generation of fans that don't know who in the hell he is.

I don't know of any bad blood between Jeff and Vince. It's not like TNA ever did anything that hurt Vince's bottom line, if anything it's always helped the WWE by giving them something to strive to be better than instead of wallowing in complacency.

TNA has issued this statement on their website regarding Jeff Jarrett:

http://www.impactwrestling.com/news/item/5351-TNA-issues-statement-on-Jeff-Jarrett

ImpactWrestling.com said:
TNA Entertainment, LLC announced today that it has accepted Mr. Jeff Jarrett’s resignation from the company effective January 6th, 2014. Dixie Carter, President, commented “On behalf of TNA, we would like to thank Jeff for his contributions to the Company. We wish him the very best and look forward to his continued participation as an investor in TNA Wrestling."

It looks like he will still be investing in TNA Wrestling.

My swerve triggers are up, to be honest. We're either witnessing a very, very committed work on the behalf of TNA- which hasn't exactly been their forte thus far- or we're watching the company go under in slow motion.

I don't really want to believe either situation; the first, because I don't think that TNA is that good that they can commit to this kind of angle, and the second, because all TNA needs to do to stay afloat is keep SpikeTV interested, and you don't do that without any of your star performers. (I'm not talking about Jeff Jarrett specifically; I'm talking about the people who have left, as well as the people who haven't 'left', but aren't on TV much these days.) I didn't make a comment on the whole AJ Styles thing, simply because I was still trying to make sense of things. If there's ONE guy I expected TNA to keep (and, still do), it's AJ Styles.

TNA's being really weird right now. It's either a glorious piece of work, or a disaster far more spectacular than I could have guessed.

This news, if true, has really caught me off guard. Jarrett is more involved TNA now than he's been in close to 2 years, if not more than that. For him to resign right now seems pretty odd to me.

Having said that, I hope, and wouldn't be surprised if, this is a work. I'd really like to see Jarrett come back in some sort of storyline that pits the "old" TNA (team Jarrett) vs. the "new" TNA (team Dixie).

Again, however, if this is legit then I hope to hear what sort of job Jarrett is going to be taking elsewhere, if he's taking one at all. I don't know what his spending habits are, but he should have plenty of money to support his family for the foreseeable future if he decides he doesn't want to work at all anymore.

Yeah this does stink of a work.

When AJ Styles is back, and he will be, he'll do an original "fight the power" storyline. You know, something different for a change. Something we haven't seen EVERY FUCKING YEAR.

So, someone needs to replace Dixie. Enter Double J.

At least I hope so. I don't get the hate for the guy. He's a fantastic heel, good wrestler. Wish the parrots would stop repeating the bullshit they hear from those shoot DVDs and just focus on his performance.

"He never drew a dime"

Few people did, and among the ones that didn't were some fantastic wrestlers. Mr.Perfect never sold out arenas. Does he suck then?

My guess is that we're seeing PAnda Energy pushing for budget cuts in TNA.

The logic is that, no matter what the product has been--Russo's lots-of-swerves, focusing on the Knockouts and X Division, Hogan and Bischoff's Nitro revival, etc--ratings have still hovered around 1.0, gate and PPV revenue have been anemic.

So it doesn't make sense to spend money on name guys if no-name guys can do say 80% the same job for half the money, or less. Let's say Jarrett has been making $500,000 per year salary and doing road agent stuff--he could be replaced by say Sean Morley or Al Snow for $50,000 a year, and the show would go on. AJ Styles at $300,000 gets replaced as "top babyface" by someone and as "best wrestler in the company" by someone else, each making $100,000--and the show goes on, still getting the same ratings.

So you let Hogan walk. Let Bischoff's contract expire. Stop paying Jarrett a salary as if he were actually running the promotion. Let AJ Styles walk.

This could be preparation to sell the company, or just a new strategy to reduce expenses to ROH levels, so that the Spike TV money alone makes TNA profitable.

"Is it a work?" Sort of. If Styles (and Jarrett) agree to TNA's price, we could see Styles and Jarrett return and lead a revolt against Dixie. Or if Styles decides that at that price, he'd rather stay home, or just go part-time for a half-dozen shows a year, then TNA just moves on.

okay, heres the thing- if this was a work, then why was there absolutley no mention made of Jarrett on tv lately?

if this is a work, TNA is having their roster send out fake tweets all over the place in order to work and angle long term for the benefit no one but a handful of marks surfing message boards.
meanwhile the company has been shedding salaries like a cancer patient for a year now, dodging reports of entertaining potential buyers, all while producing an ever-worsening tv product with declining ratings and no sign whatsoever of keeping any one-dimensional storyline together for more than a month?

just think that through

i agree with (sorry i didnt catch your user name before i wen tto post this)- this is yet another move to minimize costs, either to make the company as cheap as humanly possible and pray they can hold their barely acceptable ratings, or they are cutting costs in order to minimize the operating costs for a buyer (this is what happens when big companies sell, by the way)

im leaning towards the latter, given that jarrett has just recently reinserted himself into the backstage, then turns around and bows out, but keeps his stock (because that will only be worth anything when the company sells)

How does this scream work to ANYBODY?

The dude hasn't been on TV in what, a year? Why would it be a work for him to leave? If that was the plan, why not put him on TV and have him fired on TV and then do this to further the story?

It's not a work. I can't even believe anyone would think it is. Wow.

I forget who wrote it a while back, but this whole thing, based on the Styles' "contract" scenario just screams massive work where Styles eventually returns to the company along with Jarrett and others — Matt Morgan, perhaps, all of whom have been slighted by the company or slighted by Dixie Carter.

Styles, if you remember, made mention of "making Dixie pay", so it stands to reason that the way to do so most emphatically would be to take her company away from her in a match where he puts his "job" on the line, let's say, where if he wins, she's "out" of TNA (or at least off screen), similar to what Baby Bischoff did to Eric a while back.

Hey "It's Damn Real!", I think you are speaking of me. I'm the one who in the AJ post last week once again brought up how I thought this was all a huge swerve to "make Dixie pay". [I've been saying since the huge release of talent last year, that I could see the making of them coming back to invade].

Now when AJ comes back, he can bring with him Morgan, Crimson, and whoever else that was "released", and the "Ringleader" behind it all with be Jarret, who wants Dixie gone. Then, there will be the stipulation that whoever wins a certain match (I'm really seeing a series of matches, kind of like the old NWA vs UWF angle) gets TNA. She will lose, and she will REALLY pay.

This time MIGHT be the time the Invasion angle actually works. In the past they either used Current stars to invade (which I thought was silly), or they used no names (at least to tna audiences) to invade (and no no one really cared once they were revealed). THIS TIME, this time they may do it right. Former TNA Stars that we already care about come back, and one by one take every title, and kick butt, and take names.

I do hope if they do it this time, that they make this faction dominant. The thing that really held the Aces & 8's back was that they didn't win any titles (other than the TV and the World) when they should have held them all at the same time. At least in my opinion.

I will go on record as saying Double J leaving is a work.

Hey "It's Damn Real!", I think you are speaking of me. I'm the one who in the AJ post last week once again brought up how I thought this was all a huge swerve to "make Dixie pay". [I've been saying since the huge release of talent last year, that I could see the making of them coming back to invade].

Now when AJ comes back, he can bring with him Morgan, Crimson, and whoever else that was "released", and the "Ringleader" behind it all with be Jarret, who wants Dixie gone. Then, there will be the stipulation that whoever wins a certain match (I'm really seeing a series of matches, kind of like the old NWA vs UWF angle) gets TNA. She will lose, and she will REALLY pay.

This time MIGHT be the time the Invasion angle actually works. In the past they either used Current stars to invade (which I thought was silly), or they used no names (at least to tna audiences) to invade (and no no one really cared once they were revealed). THIS TIME, this time they may do it right. Former TNA Stars that we already care about come back, and one by one take every title, and kick butt, and take names.

I do hope if they do it this time, that they make this faction dominant. The thing that really held the Aces & 8's back was that they didn't win any titles (other than the TV and the World) when they should have held them all at the same time. At least in my opinion.

I will go on record as saying Double J leaving is a work.

There are so many problems with this that I don't even know where to begin.

1) The LAST thing TNA needs is another faction war. What you're suggesting is exactly that and we've had that for more than half of TNA's existence.

2) TNA can't possibly be that stupid to not put Jeff Jarrett on TV for over a year, using him only in a backstage capacity to the point where people have forgotten about him, and hope that announcing his release on the internet will work as part of a storyline. How about, oh I don't know, DOING IT ON YOUR TV SHOW if it's a work. The product of TNA is a television product. It's not a Twitter product. Thinking that the 10 percent of the audience that checks stuff on the internet is reason enough to release a guy as a work that hasn't been on TV for a year for storyline purposes would be one of the most pathetic attempts at storyline development in the history of hte business.

3) You're assuming that guys who were legitimately released (Crimson and Morgan) are going to re-sign with TNA months after they've been gone and forgotten about just to make this story work? They aren't necessary. Dixie has a champion, a nephew who's fought nobody, and a 5'2" dude not named Mysterio. You don't need an army to take that down. And again, we don't want a faction war on our hands, especially when over a year was dedicated to AJ being sort of a lone wolf. I'd thinking keeping him as such and fighting more the things he cares about is what's important here, not starting ANOTHER faction war.

4) The AJ thing is a work and a sad one at that. The guy's been on TV EVERY WEEK since he's been gone. For anyone to buy that he was not under contract for any period of time is asinine and further, for TNA to make a guy champion at their biggest show of the year only to not in actuality have him locked up long term would be pathetic, even by their standards. I have no doubt that AJ's been under contract since before BFG and thinking otherwise is just plain idiotic. The story is there for AJ to return to face the "paper champion" at some point. This is TNA trying to do the CM Punk story "the right way", except it's really not, but that's a topic for another discussion. The important thing is that AJ has always been under contract while Jarrett, Crimson, and Morgan are gone for good.

As a disclaimer, I reserve the right to make fun of TNA for being stupid if in fact Jeff Jarrett does return as part of this storyline. As I said, it is one of the worst ideas in wrestling history if true, so I'm trying to give TNA the benefit of the doubt here and say the guy legit left the company and isn't planning to come back. As much crap as I've given TNA, they really aren't this stupid. I know they aren't.

There are so many problems with this that I don't even know where to begin.

Not sure if you mean "TNA wouldn't do this" or "TNA shouldn't do this." If it's the second, then yeah. Otherwise...

1) The LAST thing TNA needs is another faction war. What you're suggesting is exactly that and we've had that for more than half of TNA's existence.

In other words, Dixie and whoever is running things REALLY like faction wars and maybe believe that faction wars are how wrestling TV works--SEX vs TNA, Planet Jarrett vs TNA, MEM vs TNA, THEY/Immortal, A&8's.

2) TNA can't possibly be that stupid

Already wrong. There is no level of stupid to which a TV show won't sink if they're desperate.

to not put Jeff Jarrett on TV for over a year, using him only in a backstage capacity to the point where people have forgotten about him, and hope that announcing his release on the internet will work as part of a storyline. How about, oh I don't know, DOING IT ON YOUR TV SHOW if it's a work. The product of TNA is a television product. It's not a Twitter product. Thinking that the 10 percent of the audience that checks stuff on the internet is reason enough to release a guy as a work that hasn't been on TV for a year for storyline purposes would be one of the most pathetic attempts at storyline development in the history of hte business.

This is mostly true. But if you're trying to pull a "full work" using non-TV media, then you'd do something like this. But would you bring Jarrett back to TV just to "fire" him? I wouldn't bother. Any new fans can be brought up to speed on who JArrett is and why he's important in 5 seconds of announcing. "It's TNA founder Jeff Jarrett! The original owner, the man with the dream, the creator of TNA!"

3) You're assuming that guys who were legitimately released (Crimson and Morgan) are going to re-sign with TNA months after they've been gone and forgotten about just to make this story work? They aren't necessary.

They're also not doing much of anything else.

Dixie has a champion, a nephew who's fought nobody, and a 5'2" dude not named Mysterio. You don't need an army to take that down.

The Evil Owner can flesh out a faction without too much trouble--tag team, X division guy, Knockout and you're done.

And again, we don't want a faction war on our hands, especially when over a year was dedicated to AJ being sort of a lone wolf. I'd thinking keeping him as such and fighting more the things he cares about is what's important here, not starting ANOTHER faction war.

TNA fans, fans of good storytelling, yes. Dixe & Co, who knows?

4) The AJ thing is a work and a sad one at that. The guy's been on TV EVERY WEEK since he's been gone. For anyone to buy that he was not under contract for any period of time is asinine and further, for TNA to make a guy champion at their biggest show of the year only to not in actuality have him locked up long term would be pathetic, even by their standards. I have no doubt that AJ's been under contract since before BFG and thinking otherwise is just plain idiotic. The story is there for AJ to return to face the "paper champion" at some point. This is TNA trying to do the CM Punk story "the right way", except it's really not, but that's a topic for another discussion. The important thing is that AJ has always been under contract while Jarrett, Crimson, and Morgan are gone for good.

I actually believe that Styles and TNA are still negotiating. TNA has a solid idea of what Styles could make in WWE or Japan or Mexico or ROH, and it's a number much closer to what TNA is offering that what TNA was paying Styles.

As a disclaimer, I reserve the right to make fun of TNA for being stupid if in fact Jeff Jarrett does return as part of this storyline. As I said, it is one of the worst ideas in wrestling history if true, so I'm trying to give TNA the benefit of the doubt here and say the guy legit left the company and isn't planning to come back. As much crap as I've given TNA, they really aren't this stupid. I know they aren't.

You HOPE they aren't.

And if the big reveal turns out to be AJ and Jarrett returning to "save the company", joined by Joe, Roode and Storm, or Daniels and Kazarian, or Sabin and (a returning) Shelley, or any other reunited TNA tag team, that would be standard TNA, frankly.

How does this scream work to ANYBODY?

The dude hasn't been on TV in what, a year? Why would it be a work for him to leave? If that was the plan, why not put him on TV and have him fired on TV and then do this to further the story?

It's not a work. I can't even believe anyone would think it is. Wow.

*Shifty Eyes*

This is a work. I'm so sure of it. It can't be anything else. I mean, c'mon, it's so obvious. Double J would never leave TNA, he created it!

In fact, there's no chance it's anything else.

Wow. People are so blind.

*Shifty Eyes*

This is a work. I'm so sure of it. It can't be anything else. I mean, c'mon, it's so obvious. Double J would never leave TNA, he created it!

In fact, there's no chance it's anything else.

Wow. People are so blind.

And if it is, it makes TNA incredibly dumb. You have a television show. The performer in question hasn't been on the show in at least a year. Now, through the power of the internet, which a small percentage of the audience would peruse to follow stories, you're going to not release the guy but he's going to resign and this is for a storyline?

I know you've been a TNA defender, but I never pegged you for stupid. Then again, if you're right, you're not the stupid one, TNA is.

Look, I get that social media is part of life now and it's a tool in wrestling, and while I think it's ridiculous to use social media to add to the "realism" of wrestling, that seems to be a crutch they are using. That said, if you're going that route, you use it to FURTHER a storyline, not START one.

I mean really, if you want Jeff to be a part of all this, why not bring him on after AJ leaves for at least one episode to defend Styles and when Dixie doesn't back down, have him quit on TV. Then it's a storyline on TV, not on the internet. What do we get now if it's a "work"? A mention by Tenay when nobody is paying attention? THAT is the best way you can think of to work the audience?

Even TNA isn't this bad. I'm sure of it.

Not sure if you mean "TNA wouldn't do this" or "TNA shouldn't do this." If it's the second, then yeah. Otherwise...

In other words, Dixie and whoever is running things REALLY like faction wars and maybe believe that faction wars are how wrestling TV works--SEX vs TNA, Planet Jarrett vs TNA, MEM vs TNA, THEY/Immortal, A&8's.

Already wrong. There is no level of stupid to which a TV show won't sink if they're desperate.

This is mostly true. But if you're trying to pull a "full work" using non-TV media, then you'd do something like this. But would you bring Jarrett back to TV just to "fire" him? I wouldn't bother. Any new fans can be brought up to speed on who JArrett is and why he's important in 5 seconds of announcing. "It's TNA founder Jeff Jarrett! The original owner, the man with the dream, the creator of TNA!"

They're also not doing much of anything else.

The Evil Owner can flesh out a faction without too much trouble--tag team, X division guy, Knockout and you're done.

TNA fans, fans of good storytelling, yes. Dixe & Co, who knows?

I actually believe that Styles and TNA are still negotiating. TNA has a solid idea of what Styles could make in WWE or Japan or Mexico or ROH, and it's a number much closer to what TNA is offering that what TNA was paying Styles.

You HOPE they aren't.

And if the big reveal turns out to be AJ and Jarrett returning to "save the company", joined by Joe, Roode and Storm, or Daniels and Kazarian, or Sabin and (a returning) Shelley, or any other reunited TNA tag team, that would be standard TNA, frankly.

Thanks JohnBragg. You pretty much summed up what I would write.

I know TNA doesn't NEED another faction war, but it seems to be the thing they love to do. And I believe this time it could work. The problem with previous versions (which I stated prior) is that no one cared about the factions. BUT, when former TNA stars come back, they always get a pop. Examples: Sonjay Dutt, Petey Williams, Matt Morgan. Having people that TNA fans come in to take over, would actually be the most logical faction they have done.

We just have to disagree on bringing Jarrett back to TV just to fire him. It would be weird having someone that hasn't been on TV for the previous 18 months (or whatever) show up just to be fired. However, as Bragg said, it can easily be explained to people when he returns that he is the founder of TNA.

I'm not claiming to be right, but it seems like something from TNA playbook. And since Morgan has been gone, he has had NOTHING but great things to say about TNA. He gives them lot of praise.

My predictions… AJ comes back and takes the World Title, Morgan and Crimson team up again and take the tag, Petey Williams comes back and takes the X division, and Ms. James comes back and takes the women's. And if I'm wrong, no big deal; it's only wrestling. And I will enjoy whatever happens as long as TNA keeps the momentum from the past month's worth of shows. I feel like they have highs and lows, and the last month has definitely been on the uptick.

I don't see a a real upside to this being a work. Okay, Jarrett makes a surprise return, then what? The shock factor of Jeff Jarrett returning won't last long, and another faction wars storyline? TNA has done more than enough "outside force threatening to poison/take over TNA" storylines over since 2010. They really don't need another one. Plus, the fans want to cheer AJ and others against heel Dixie. Invading to take over or regain control of a company is something heels would do, not faces.

And it's already been said, but Jarrett's been off TV for a long time, so starting an invasion storyline via the internet wouldn't make any sense. It's a huge gap in logic. If anything, TNA would hype Jarrett's returns with video packages featuring Jarrett, or promoting Jarrett's return as a mystery man.

I have to believe Jarrett is gone for real, because working everyone with a phony "resignation" doesn't make any sense.

AJ- work.

JJ- legit.

It really is simple if you think about it. Slowly over the past few years Jarrett has taken more of a diminished capacity in the company from on-screen to now backstage. Regardless of if he is the founder or not, that is the reality of what has been going on. He has nothing else left to prove or win in TNA & he knows he will never be a top guy in WWE. So he started doing the right thing IMO, and taking a diminished on-screen role so the show can feature its real talent. Nothing wrong with that & it says alot about him because the JJ of years past would have just given himself the #1 spot week after week.

Just because he resigned as an employee does not mean he is giving up his share in the company. Two different things. So not only is this plausible, it is way more likely than it being some sort of work. He gets to sit at home with his family and still make money which is something that most guys in the business never get to do unless its because of an injury.

I think that TNA has pulled so much crap lately that people automatically expect everything to be a swerve of some kind. In a way it is their own fault. This time, I dont think so and people are stretching this to include the AJ thing without much to go on to tie it together except for Dixie being evil. So now people are pooling together the years TNA releases as some sort of comeback salvation against Dixie? Why, so they can spend more money on contracts when they need that cash elsewhere in the company? With things the way they are financially, do you think Panda would be cool with hiring back all these folks for something that will ultimately just turn more fans away than it brings in?

I am willing to bet that if Sting decided to hang up his boots soon, people would say the same thing and ignore the facts of reality in favor of some stretched idea for a story. Jarrett is gone and its not a swerve. This has nothing to do with the AJ storyline.

AJ- work.

JJ- legit.

It really is simple if you think about it. Slowly over the past few years Jarrett has taken more of a diminished capacity in the company from on-screen to now backstage. Regardless of if he is the founder or not, that is the reality of what has been going on. He has nothing else left to prove or win in TNA & he knows he will never be a top guy in WWE. So he started doing the right thing IMO, and taking a diminished on-screen role so the show can feature its real talent. Nothing wrong with that & it says alot about him because the JJ of years past would have just given himself the #1 spot week after week.

Just because he resigned as an employee does not mean he is giving up his share in the company. Two different things. So not only is this plausible, it is way more likely than it being some sort of work. He gets to sit at home with his family and still make money which is something that most guys in the business never get to do unless its because of an injury.

I think that TNA has pulled so much crap lately that people automatically expect everything to be a swerve of some kind. In a way it is their own fault. This time, I dont think so and people are stretching this to include the AJ thing without much to go on to tie it together except for Dixie being evil. So now people are pooling together the years TNA releases as some sort of comeback salvation against Dixie? Why, so they can spend more money on contracts when they need that cash elsewhere in the company? With things the way they are financially, do you think Panda would be cool with hiring back all these folks for something that will ultimately just turn more fans away than it brings in?

I am willing to bet that if Sting decided to hang up his boots soon, people would say the same thing and ignore the facts of reality in favor of some stretched idea for a story. Jarrett is gone and its not a swerve. This has nothing to do with the AJ storyline.

Problem with your theory is that JJ has taken a more active role creatively since Hogan left. TNA has lost several people that were involved with creative in less than a year with Prichard, then Hogan/Bisc, they needed a guy with big shoulders to at least stay the course and make sure TNA continues working well. So it doesn't make sense with JJ leaving cause Dixie would need the help. Even she cannot be that stupid. Plus JJ had just returned to the company! And he booked AJ's appearance in Mexico.

I have a feeling this is going to be a swerve and I can see Jeff showing up on impact in the next couple of months along with AJ and group other wrestlers who have all be mistreated by Dixie. If this is not a swerve then TNA have made a mistake in letting jeff go so soon after he has returned. Jarrett was a massive part of getting TNA where it was before Hogan and Bischoff took over and has played a big part in the improvment of product over the last few months. I am sure ROH would welcome Jeff with open arms

Problem with your theory is that JJ has taken a more active role creatively since Hogan left. TNA has lost several people that were involved with creative in less than a year with Prichard, then Hogan/Bisc, they needed a guy with big shoulders to at least stay the course and make sure TNA continues working well. So it doesn't make sense with JJ leaving cause Dixie would need the help. Even she cannot be that stupid. Plus JJ had just returned to the company! And he booked AJ's appearance in Mexico.

There is a difference between being fired and resigning that people are missing & yes Dixie is that stupid- but the point is he wasnt fired, he resigned. Just because Jarrett took some of the creative duties due to others leaving does not mean he necessarily wanted to. If your boss asked you to do more because others left- you would likely do them.

He has had a few irons in the fire for some time now in relation to AAA & Japan, so any involvement there does not make it more likely to be a swerve. That just means that he was wanting to better a company that he worked for and invests in.

Sounds to me that maybe he was a bit worn out with things in Dixieland. Who knows, maybe he didnt really want the responsibility or being the focal point of backlash if things failed.

At the end of the day, these wild theories are nothing more than that. I think people unfortunately expect this line of thinking from TNA but I also believe the same folks are giving TNA way too much credit for thinking up some elaborate scheme stretching to now include the likes of Morgan, etc.

All in all, it very well could go either way- but the reality of this being legit has more weight with me than a swerve does.

I think people unfortunately expect this line of thinking from TNA but I also believe the same folks are giving TNA way too much credit for thinking up some elaborate scheme stretching to now include the likes of Morgan, etc.

The only necessary part of the "plan" is Styles. Jarrett as part of the group would make sense, but isn't necessary. Other than Styles, there are a large number of "TNA guys", on the roster and sitting at home, who could form a tag-team and fill out the Old School TNA faction behind Styles.

Double J Jeff Jarrett now that he is gone from TNA, he will never ever return to WWE so his best bet would be retiring in Mexico or wherever he's wrestling now but at the same time imagine if Double J somehow ended up in ROH? But personally Jeff Jarrett he should just retire because the man already has a Hall of Fame worthy career anyway and he has nothing more left to prove so but I would not be surprised if JJ leaving is all a work and they bring him back as the new GM of TNA

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back