• Xenforo Cloud has scheduled an upgrade to XenForo version 2.2.16. This will take place on or shortly after the following date and time: Jul 05, 2024 at 05:00 PM (PT) There shouldn't be any downtime, as it's just a maintenance release. More info here

Jarrett Meets With Spike TV Exec About Bringing Impact Back

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
According to Ryan Satin of Pro Wrestling Sheet, the recently returned Jeff Jarrett met with Spike TV’s senior vice president and executive producer, Scott Fishman, about potentially bringing Impact back to the network. While Satin writes several topics were discussed, it was a U.S. return to the network that was a key point of the conversation.

Fishman, who was promoted to SVP in 2012, has previously been a key figure in the development of not just Impact Wrestling but other combat sports networks on Spike TV, per a press release.

Most notably, Fishman was instrumental in developing TNA’s “Impact Wrestling” into a highly-rated series on Thursday nights and one of the network’s signature shows. He also served as Executive in Charge of Production for network’s high-profile franchises including The Ultimate Fighting Championships and The Video Game Awards. In 2011, Fishman took the reigns as Executive Producer of Bellator Fighting Championships for Viacom Media Networks, and has been a driving force in enhancing the production values of the weekly events.

Impact Wrestling drew 255,000 viewers on the premiere episode on Pop TV in early 2016. According to Gerweck, Impact Wrestling averaged 310,800 viewers in 2016, never eclipsing more than 377,000 viewers in any one week. Compare that 2006, Impact Wrestling’s first full year on Spike TV in 2006, the company averaged a 0.89 rating, hovering in the 1.0-1.2 range for most of the year.

http://www.inquisitr.com/4036127/je...ecutive-about-bringing-impact-to-american-tv/

--

This needs to happen if the MIGA (Make Impact Great Again) plans are to be taken seriously. There's only so much exposure they have with Pop and a return "home" where they saw their best, and most loyal audience no doubt offers the best possible chance at redemption.

Even though Spike is a bigger, and more available network, I'm not sure if going back is a good idea. Towards the end, they were just using Impact as a way to promote their other crappy shows. Just look at the disaster of Tito Ortiz, and the other MMA guy they brought in.

Even though Spike is a bigger, and more available network, I'm not sure if going back is a good idea. Towards the end, they were just using Impact as a way to promote their other crappy shows. Just look at the disaster of Tito Ortiz, and the other MMA guy they brought in.

Who was in charge of TNA when they brought in Tito and Rampage, and while we're at it King Mo? I agree a move back to Spike would be better for the company, but I don't think it would benefit Spike. IDR has alluded many times to the negative stigma of TNA, the stink of the TAN name can't be erased. Even with the name change, TNA/Impact might be a hard sell for Spike or any cable network.

I imagine that Jarret has more pull with the Spike execs than Dixie did, but keep in mind that Spike is being rebranded as a completely new network by the end of the year. That may bode well, or it may not, but getting on a channel that is available in more homes is a step in the right direction.

......that's the whole point about being on a larger network when you're one of their larger shows. Your whole purpose for being there isn't contained in selling advertising for a couple hours; as a tentpole program, you exist so that you can draw eyes to the network and keep people around for the other crap they produce.

If you want TNA to grow, you want them to have the opportunity where people are paying them to promote shitty college campus comedies. If you're looking for professional wrestling as a holistic art form; I dunno, good luck with that. Maybe try PWG.

Getting Impact onto a bigger network ought to be a priority, even if it's not Spike. A rebrand in impending for Spike, but nothing (yet) says that won't be a place for wrestling.

Returning to Spike will really get Impact back closer to the numbers it was pulling when it was there in the first place. It'll be a larger audience than on Pop, though not not enough to revolutionize anything.

Step in the right direction for sure, ultimately what happens in the ring will determine continued success.

Impact Wrestling should surely try to get on a much bigger network than Pop TV. Be it back to Spike or a better new network.

The better the network, the better chances of more audience watching it. Many have had complaints that the network on which Impact Wrestling airs on ain't even available to them. That's a big disadvantage. You can't even see it if you want to atleast on TV. So, Anthem needs to get Impact on a bigger better network.

Who was in charge of TNA when they brought in Tito and Rampage, and while we're at it King Mo? I agree a move back to Spike would be better for the company, but I don't think it would benefit Spike. IDR has alluded many times to the negative stigma of TNA, the stink of the TAN name can't be erased. Even with the name change, TNA/Impact might be a hard sell for Spike or any cable network.

Spike was in charge. You can try and blame Dixie all you want but it was pretty clear that whole promoting Bellator thing was forced on Impact. A move back to Spike would not be better even if they are seen in more homes. They need to move forward and build new bridges. not patch up the one they burnt behind them. These are the same people who wanted TNA to bring in and finance Hogan, Bischoff, Flair..etc.

Apparently this isn't happening in the U.S. Either way, they need exposure, more so than possible on Pop TV. I agree Spike (or whatever it will be called in the next year) makes the most sense, but does Spike want TNA? I think TNA needs to focus on creating a better product. They've had exposure in the past, so clearly that isn't TNA's problem. Put on a better show, then go for a bigger and better TV deal.

You can change the name of the company all you want, It doesn't change the fact that it's still TNA in the minds of tv executive and trying to convince a major network like spike to give them a chance will be a uphill battle especially since Spike is getting rebranded again soon from what have read on some entertainment website and might have less combat sports on hte network soon

Plus le's face it, jeff isn't dixie and doesn't have the know how to deal with tv execs like dixie was. The proof is their with his fail GWF project that never took off or the fact that he had to sale TNA to dixie 3 weeks after the debut of the company because he didn't have money to continue with the project.

Jarrett is a good wrestling mind but never was a great business man, he's pretty much the same has is father was back in the day

Why is Jarrett even doing the talking? Anthem's CEO, Leonard Asper should be the one making the deals, not Jarrett. Spike is done as a Network, so Impact Wrestling will not be going there. What they SHOULD do is go to a Superstation from a major market. Especially one that has wanted them in the past. Enter WGN. Not only are you on basic cable in most markets, but you are FREE in your home market, meaning Chicago, as WGN America can give rights to WGN Chicago. If they cannot do this, sit down with the CW Network, and do an "Over-the-Air" deal. Probably easier to get advertisers because it is FREE TV, and you will get more eyeballs to the Impact product.

Why is Jarrett even doing the talking? Anthem's CEO, Leonard Asper should be the one making the deals, not Jarrett. Spike is done as a Network, so Impact Wrestling will not be going there. What they SHOULD do is go to a Superstation from a major market. Especially one that has wanted them in the past. Enter WGN. Not only are you on basic cable in most markets, but you are FREE in your home market, meaning Chicago, as WGN America can give rights to WGN Chicago. If they cannot do this, sit down with the CW Network, and do an "Over-the-Air" deal. Probably easier to get advertisers because it is FREE TV, and you will get more eyeballs to the Impact product.

WGN would be great, I even heard they wanted to buy Impact when Dixie was willing to sell. But you cannot always be chosers. They could wait when Spike becomes Pararmount TV in 2018.

Asper is the owner of Fight Network/Anthem and as such too busy to negotiate stuff like that. He has hired Nordom to run Impact and get deals done.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back