January 6, 2014: Raw Goes Old School

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to WWE.com, the first Raw of 2014 will see the return of the Old School theme. Traditionally, the first Raw of the year is a pretty hot show with some big happenings going down and it's really the beginning of WrestleMania season. Raw going Old School looks like a further attempt to draw some viewers away from WWE's traditional opponent for the first Raw of the year: the BCS National Championship game. The BCS Championship game is a big draw, the last three games drew an average of about 26 million viewers.

I'm assuming there'll be a few legend popping up here & there, the old school music, logos, sets, probably a couple of really strong matches, etc. It could be a lotta fun if Vince doesn't insist on adding too much hokey comedy into things, which I don't think will happen as they're up against huge competition and it being the very first WWE broadcast of the new year.

I like RAW old school. It's nostalgic and we get to see some stars we haven't in a long time. It can also be a vehicle to set the ball in motion for Royal Rumble and Road to Wrestlemania. We already have a big return lined up in form of Batista, may be we'll get more vignettes for his returns. And as JH said, if they don't go waste time on too much comedy stuff, it would be a really fun show.

I like the old school concept, but please, Vince - phone someone up other than the usual Sgt Slaughter, Piper, Patterson, Anderson.... There are hundreds of old school stars out there we haven't seen in years!

I expect it to be quite the same as past, but I would not mind a few new faces from the past. Even if they are all just in a mini battle royal or something, it would be better than just random appearances. It would be fantastic if Shane showed up though. Plus if they can get Trish to show I would not mind at all.

Maybe they could include a tag match with one legend and one current star. Say maybe Steamboat and Punk vs Regal and Barrett or something like that. Or even the Outlaws vs someone would be fun also.

I don't mind these shows at all.
Yeah they tend to bring the same people back and everything but that's fine with me.
As long as I get to see someone portray Doink and/or if they have Eugene show up I'll be happy.
If that doesn't happen though I'll forget about it and just move on to the show next week.

Always love Old School Raw.

The first time it happened, WWE's levels of seriousness and dedication genuinely shocked. The ring, the stage, the intro, the logo, the graphics. Everything was very authentic, and it gave you the feeling you were watching a live episode of WWF programming.

Hard to tell what they have planned now, but as always, I'm really looking forward to Old School Raw.

Agreed, but I'm hoping this is the last of the themed Raw's for a while, as we've had:
'Raw Goes Country'
followed by the 'Slammys'
then 'Raw Christmas'
next Monday we have coming 'New Years Raw'
then I believe 'Old School Raw' is the following week.
But they always pull off Old School Raw fantastically! So I'm still kinda looking forward to it.

this time old school raw mainly focused on shawn bryan punk HHH. maybe they setup a match for rr for punk vs shawn.

Old school featured bret hart, foley, dusty, shawn, vince, Edge and some more legends. But i like hulk hogan and stone cold return to old school. Its epic for and old school raw.

I was just thinking they were about due for one of these old school Raws again. If they really want to steal viewers from the BCS Championship, they would sign Hogan and Warrior to a deal through WM and advertise their comeback appearance for this show.

I love the concept.I love the set and all.But I wish they would switch it up using the attitude era or ruthless agression set.

I was just thinking they were about due for one of these old school Raws again. If they really want to steal viewers from the BCS Championship, they would sign Hogan and Warrior to a deal through WM and advertise their comeback appearance for this show.

They'd have to do this because using the same old guys they always use isn't going to cut it. Ooo Dusty Rhodes and Hacksaw for the millionth time. Piper is always good to see, but all they do is mish mash these old timers in one skit and that's it.

This should be the time you want to bring back the guys you want to invest in for Wrestlemania like Hogan and whomever else they thought of.

But if we get to see Pat Patterson again, oh boy, this is going to fail miserably.

I am sure this is the RAW they bring back Bastista.

I wonder what the chances of Ric Flair being there are? Considering they were pretty upset with him around SummerSlam.

I would hope by now that Vince has gotten over the Flair debacle. It's not like this happened on live tv. I understand that it was embarrassing for the 2K people, but put yourself in his shoes. If you just lost your youngest son to a drug OD, you wouldn't be in the best state of mind. Flair gets a pass on this imo. He should always have a place in WWE. With a huge anniversary of Mania coming up, it's only right to bring him back soon. He could fit right into the Authority storyline, whether he aligns with Triple H or he was a manager for Batista and they had Evolution split down the middle.

Well we all know we'll get the regulars appearing, with most of them not suitable for in the ring action. Apart from Piper and the Outlaws, the majority of them simply offer nothing.

I want there to be an element of surprise, like announcing the first member of the Hall of Fame and for that person to actually be there. You could have The Shield in the ring and suddenly the original NWO appear or the jobbers that are 3MB getting a beating from Warrior.

Without this or a new wrestler from the past who can offer something, the Old School Raw is going to get repetitive and rather predictable.

I wouldn't actually mind seeing the title belts going retro for one night as well, certainly brings a change not done before.

I would hope by now that Vince has gotten over the Flair debacle. It's not like this happened on live tv. I understand that it was embarrassing for the 2K people, but put yourself in his shoes. If you just lost your youngest son to a drug OD, you wouldn't be in the best state of mind. Flair gets a pass on this imo. He should always have a place in WWE. With a huge anniversary of Mania coming up, it's only right to bring him back soon. He could fit right into the Authority storyline, whether he aligns with Triple H or he was a manager for Batista and they had Evolution split down the middle.

I completely agree. Hopefully Vince & Triple H feel the same way. I'm hoping to see Flair, hence the question. Unfortunately, even if he does appear at Old School Raw, I doubt he's used after that. They seem to have little interest in using him.

gotta be warrior. im pretty sure everybody is over hogan. after the new game came out and some of the talks with warrior started. this would be a perfect time to reintroduce him. maybe a squash match or have him but heads with the one night only retro legend killer randy orton perhaps? i think the old school fans would go psycho seeing him shake the ropes at least one more time.

would this not be a perfect way to have the returning Hulk Hogan appear on WWE programming??? Imagine the show commences with "Real American" blaring and he does his routine......The Real Americans cut him off and attack, Cena runs in and makes the save and we have Cena and Hogan posing to the crowd to end the first segment, crowd would be going fucking nuts. It doesnt get anymore WWE Old School than Hulk Hogan.

I really loved the Last Old School Raw and with Batista scheduled to return this one promises to be good to. I have to agree with Closet_Fan though and say that I hope Vince brings out somebody else other then the usual suspects. Somebody who appeared on the first Raw back in 93 like Max Moon or Damian Demento would be good, even though I don't think many people would remember them.

I have really enjoyed the first two Old School RAWs and this one should be no different. Its awesome seeing the Old Ring Aprons,Ropes,Turnbuckles,the Refs wearing the old Shirts,etc. One thing Id like to see this time is Vince doing Commentary for one night with King & JBL,give Cole the night off and have him do Backstage stuff.

I love the whole Old School concept but instead of running another Piper's Pit with Cena/Orton or having Hacksaw and Sarge in a 2 minute match or even having Dusty come out and embarass his sons, maybe run a couple of tag matches with the legends teaming with the modern top faces? Or having a "throwback" match having legends face eachother. Not many ppl want to see it, but I would.

lets have Hogan vs Bundy in a cage re-enacting Mania 2 while we are at it, have Piper smash a coconut over Tamina Snuka's head, what a Raw that would be. Have Bundy come out later and beat up some midgets,

I'm surprised they didn't book Lesnar vs. Henry for RAW next week. I could see them hyping it as Brock's first match on RAW in 10 years.

simple who would u like to see on raw next monday. id like DDP,Hall and Nash, and Stone cold to b there. im sure Boss man, hack saw jim Duggon, Flair, HBK, Super fly, and maby piper will b. but who would u mark out for that is not seen n wwe n long time?

simple who would u like to see on raw next monday. id like DDP,Hall and Nash, and Stone cold to b there. im sure Boss man, hack saw jim Duggon, Flair, HBK, Super fly, and maby piper will b. but who would u mark out for that is not seen n wwe n long time?

Ray Traylor who played Boss Man died years ago. Unless Undertaker has one awesome fn trick, I doubt Bossman will be there.

Look, they're going to cart out the regulars. I'd like to see Sid, Godfather, maybe Raven and Richards would be fun, possibly to get laid out by Brock.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back