Is Shane McMahon next in line?

Ballistic83

Occasional Pre-Show
Now being chairman of the WWE is suppose to be father than son. So why do I get the feeling that Vince McMahon Jr. will pass the torch to his daugther Stephanie McMahon-Lesvesque, and not his son Shane Brandon McMahon.

I'm pretty sure that Vince has certifeldily groomed Shane to take his place as the "new" chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment one day. But I just don't know really? I just think that Mr. McMahon will pull a fast one and give his baby girl the torch assuming that her husband Paul (Triple H) Lesvesque will back her up as Stephanie's "Right-hand-man". And then if something happens to steph, then Triple H will be the next of kin to run the WWE.

But like I said, I don't know.

Now being chairman of the WWE is suppose to be father than son. So why do I get the feeling that Vince McMahon Jr. will pass the torch to his daugther Stephanie McMahon-Lesvesque, and not his son Shane Brandon McMahon.

Seeing how Steph allready holds so much control backstage, and is just weaving her fathers old time friends out, and her replacements in. I say before too long, she completely controls the WWE.

I'm pretty sure that Vince has certifeldily groomed Shane to take his place as the "new" chairman of World Wrestling Entertainment one day.

Personally, I think hes always viewed Steph as his little princess, that will soon rule the throne. To me, Steph has always shown the most promise, and seems to be quite intelligent compared to her older brother. At 32, Steph allready holds more power than her 39 year old brother. To my knowledge.

But I just don't know really? I just think that Mr. McMahon will pull a fast one and give his baby girl the torch assuming that her husband Paul (Triple H) Lesvesque will back her up as Stephanie's "Right-hand-man".

I think the only ones that would be suprised by this, would be the fans who don't read on the internet. Or anything else like that.

And then if something happens to steph, then Triple H will be the next of kin to run the WWE.

Steph holds the whip in that relationship. I think thats fairly obvious.

But like I said, I don't know.

None of us do. We don't know entirely what goes on backstage, I'd say we only hear about 30% of what goes on. Then, more than likely 10-15% of that isn't true.

This is pointless. Shane does seem to be more of a corporate figure and Steph prefers running the shows but to say either one of them will be in charge rather than them both is unpredictable. I expect them both to have full control. It'd then be upto them what they do with it.

The real question is how long will it be until Vince dies for this to happen? I can't see him going anytime soon, although heart attacks happen suddenly. I'd give him at least another 15 years... Shane and Steph would both be around their 50's by then.

I think by that point, they both will pretty much know what they want.

This is pointless. Shane does seem to be more of a corporate figure and Steph prefers running the shows but to say either one of them will be in charge rather than them both is unpredictable. I expect them both to have full control. It'd then be upto them what they do with it.

The real question is how long will it be until Vince dies for this to happen? I can't see him going anytime soon, although heart attacks happen suddenly. I'd give him at least another 15 years... Shane and Steph would both be around their 50's by then.

I think by that point, they both will pretty much know what they want.

I agree. I think that both will probably corroborate together, at least in a creative control/approval sense. They'll probably both have their individual jobs and departments, and might even be able to make sole decisions on things, but as far as absolute power over what's shown on television and what storylines are booked, my guess would be that they'd both share that power.

Like the majority of other posters, though, we can't be sure until it actually happens and a decision definitively made.

I think both Shane and Steph will have 50% control each in the McMahon shares along with in the company itself. Stephanie is more like Vince and Shane is more like Linda. Stephanie is more business side oriented than Shane imo and Shane is more PR oriented than Stephanie. Correct me if I am wrong but doenst Linda technically have a higher title than Vince? Either way Shane and Stephanie will have joint control over the company. Neither will have more authority than the other.

I see where you're coming from, man. And I can really see your point happening for one reason... Stephanie is more of a professional than Shane. I mean, we don't know everything that goes on backstage and whatnot, but from what I hear, it seems that Stephanie is given more power than Shane because she's more strict, and only wants things mostly done her way... similar to her father, Vince. Shane, on the other hand, seems to be a lot nicer and more lenient. I'm guessing that if Vince were to step down as the chairman, he'd want someone more like him to take over, which is why I think Stephanie would be his top choice.

I think what will likely happen, is Shane will take Linda's spot, handle more of the internal coporate issues within the company and even the external corporate issues. Shane looks like his dad, but I feel his more like his mom. As has been said, he's a good businessman, but likely wouldn't do too good running the shows and day to day stuff.

Where as Steph will become Chairwoman, it's a matter of time. She has already started getting her allies into power positions and getting rid of or demoting her threats. She's like Vince, she wants total control and will get it. Steph already has total power with the exception of Vince over the shows, she's the head cheese. So it's not a stretch that she'll step into Vince's shoes pretty easily.

However we must realize that Vince is unlike any other chairman. While he does delegate some powers, he stills closely oversees it and keeps it under a microscope and will easily nix any idea he hates. Most chairman handle problems that are brought to their attention by the presidents and vice-presidents and so on and so forth, Vince usually brings that attention to them instead, which is what Steph does. She's just like her daddy and that's who will replace him.

Shane never seemed to love the business like Steph and Vince do he seems like a guy who doesn't want to deal with the underbelly of wrestling and it's politics. Triple H and Stephanie will rule the WWE with an iron fist soon enough hell it will be a dynasty and there children will be next in line.

It will be interesting to see how they do to follow a legend like Vince is going to be rough and hopefully Trips and Steph will have a better idea of what wrestling fans want.

Yeah i have a feeling Vince would rather leave the buissness to Stephine rather than Shane. I think he feels alot more secure especialy with Hunter at her right hand side. I think that he has always had a favrouitition for her.

I'd much rather have Shane McMahon in charge. He seems like he's much more in tune with the business world, compared to Steph. Wasn't he the one who explored the possibility of the WWE hosting some Pride fights, and visa versa?

I just think he'd be able to expand the WWE much more than Steph, and he would know what to do for the good of the company. Anyway, Steph will still be involved but Shane should be the chairman.

the difference between the 2 is, Shane is a legit in ring talent... and still can be for the next 5-10 years... when it comes to it, guys like Trips (assuming he takes over the book) will respect Shane for his bumps, being a ref and being one of the boys... Shane has done the initiation that Steph hasn't (unless you count the macho man)... Shane will always be involved in the book in some way as the guys will want him there... as a control to Steph... do you imagine life being harmonious in the LeVesque household when Steph is incharge without someone to tell her no (who isn't hubby)

Shane has that perspective that Steph doesn't, he has bled for the company... wrestlers respect that above all else...

Let's face it... if Shane had not been called McMahon, and done what he did 10 years ago, he'd have been a franchise player...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back