Is Flyleaf the Modern Creed?

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
From 1997-2000, Creed sat on top of the rock charts with songs such as My Own Prison, With Arms Wide Open, Higher, Bullets, and One. Today, Flyleaf has has hits on both the rock and pop charts with hits like I'm So Sick, All Around Me, and Fully Alive,

Both bands have their fair share of detractors, and mostly because they are a mainstream "Christian" rock band. Both bands have both a rabid fanbase, as well as a large group of fans, that view them as a guilty pleasure, and won't admit their appreciation of their music.

Scott Stapp was viewed by women as an attractive frontman, and he had the abilities to sing various types of rock songs. Lacey Mosley is no doubt a beauty, and has the pipes to either sing a wide array of songs, or growl like the best of them. Both bands have been known to put on great live shows, and have routinely had their videos on Top 20 countdowns.

This begs the question, is Flyleaf the modern version of Creed?

No, Because Flyleaf isnt as big as Creed was. Creed was probably the biggest band going for a few years. A lot of people dont even know who Flyleaf is yet. But they do have the potential to get pretty good. They have a beautiful lead singer that also has a great voice. And their sound is very catchy. That's usually a mixture that ends up making band huge. But they've yet to have a big cross over hit like Creed's Higher, My Sacrifice or One Last Breath. But with a little work i think they can create a hit like that. They're definantly not Creed......yet.

From 1997-2000, Creed sat on top of the rock charts with songs such as My Own Prison, With Arms Wide Open, Higher, Bullets, and One. Today, Flyleaf has has hits on both the rock and pop charts with hits like I'm So Sick, All Around Me, and Fully Alive,

Both bands have their fair share of detractors, and mostly because they are a mainstream "Christian" rock band. Both bands have both a rabid fanbase, as well as a large group of fans, that view them as a guilty pleasure, and won't admit their appreciation of their music.

Scott Stapp was viewed by women as an attractive frontman, and he had the abilities to sing various types of rock songs. Lacey Mosley is no doubt a beauty, and has the pipes to either sing a wide array of songs, or growl like the best of them. Both bands have been known to put on great live shows, and have routinely had their videos on Top 20 countdowns.

This begs the question, is Flyleaf the modern version of Creed?

Considering the fact that there are rumors circulating that Creed is reuniting, I'd have to say nope!

Considering the fact that there are rumors circulating that Creed is reuniting, I'd have to say nope!

I, personally, doubt that Creed will be reuniting any time soon. Alter Bridge (which contains three of the four members of Creed) is going pretty strong right now. Their first two albums have been great and they are currently working on what will hopefully be an even better third. Myles Kennedy, AB's lead singer, has much more range and tons more talent than Mr. I-wish-I-was-Eddie Vedder, Scott Stapp. So to me, a Creed reunion is a ways away.

Now, back on topic, I think Flyleaf has a ton of potential, but aren't there quite yet. I haven't really listened to any of their songs except "I'm So Sick", but they have the talent, so I think a huge album from them is inevitable.

Dislike em both. Not my style of music regardless of the theme or message. Though I always thought Tremonti wrote good riffs. As said above I think Flyleaf has a long way to go before you can say they are the modern equivalent of Creed. Of course this is solely based on their sales/popularity and mainstream success. As the OP mentions they have a lot of other similarities. That said, I don't think that they will get as big as Creed just because the music biz is a bit shifted these days. Rock bands in general aren't doing as well as they were and even as talented as some people beleive Flyleaf is, I don't see it as enough to be as big a success as Creed.

Oh and since others have weighed in with their opinions, I'll throw in my $0.02, I dont find Lacey attractive in the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back