3 Doors Down

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Similar to many of the other threads about specific bands-Where do they rank in on the list of modern day rock bands? Are they one of the best? The best? Middle of the pack? One of the worst?

This band intrigues me like few others do. Almost everyone that likes rock music knows at least 3 of their songs and almost no one that I know of has anything bad to say about them. Their concerts are nothing short of excellent and they've yet to put out a truly bad album. To me they're about as solid of a modern day rock band as you're going to find.

They are a band who can release high level radio rock songs that many can enjoy. They do not receive the negativity of a band like Nickelback of Creed, because they have a more polished sound. The have reached main stream levels, with songs appearing on multiple movies. Their good songs will chart well, and they continue to make those good songs. I think people will look back on this era of music and truly believe that 3 Doors Down will be, if not the best, a great Radio Rock band.

I find them to be good, but only a few songs honestly catch me. Although, I find them to be much better than trashy bands like Nickleback. I must say, I do enjoy Kryptonite very much.

I would say they're one of the best, in the same class as Foo Fighters, Godsmack, and Linkin Park.

They're not the best, but there really isn't one in today's music, and it's hard to argue there ever is one. Just a generation ago, we had Stone Temple Pilots, Alice In Chains, Soundgarden, Pearl Jam, Nirvana, and a slew of others, that everyone said is "the best".

3 Doors Down is a great band, and a great live band, but I can't say they're the best until they separate themselves from every other band that has no bad album, and no bad song. There's too many now, and it will alway be the same. To be among the best, out of all the music there is out there, is no small accomplishment, and I'm sure they'd take that as a career...

First off , 3 Doors Down is my favorite band. Their music just connects with me for reasons i dont know. Thier first 2 albums were awesome. They had a nice mix of hard rock and rock ballads. But their latest album in my opinion has really disappointed. It seems like they've tried to have a more mature sound with their whole album bieng full of ballads. I really wish they'd go back to their old style of good hard rock songs. It seems like they're more interested in making money than good music at this point.

With that said, I think they'll be remembered as one of the great bands in the 00's era. They have a sound that people love and alot of their songs have had mainstream succsess. They're just as good as Linkin Park , Nickelback and Three Days Grace. So their should be no reason people wont remember them as a great band.

3 Doors Down, as much as I enjoy their work, isn't a band I go out of my way for. I think they will eventually get lost in the shuffle as a "generic '00's rock band." It's a shame, because they're better than that.

Fact is, though, I saw them play a show with Nickleback a few years back, and though 3 Doors was the headliner that night, Nickleback simply stole the show from them.

Their new song, "Put Me On The Train, Mama," is awesome. Very blues-feel to it. It's something I'd expect from Aerosmith.

And sadly, one of their best songs gets lost. "Loser" was on their first album, and though being their best song on that album, it got buried by "Kryptonite," which was overplayed to the point of being obnoxious for a while.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back