Intl. Region, Los Angeles Subregion, First Round:(9)Antonio Inoki vs. (24)Ron Simmons

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Antonio Inoki

• Ron Simmons

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under standard wrestling rules. It will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Staples-Center.jpg

Antonio_Inoki_280x3_983400a.jpg

#9. Antonio Inoki

Vs.

3fc20b019ddaba1beccb8354670b0ed1.jpg

#24. Ron Simmons

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Damn, bad draw for Farooq. Another one of my favorites. Inoki was one of my favorites as well so too, so no loved lost. Inoki was the second biggest star to come out of Japan and he has unarguably the best resume of any Japanese star. The only thing Rikidozan had on him was drawing power. Inoki beat everybody that was somebody in Japan and he beat everybody that was somebody from the States and the rest of the world.

Name someone and Inoki has beaten them. Flair? Beat him. Sammartino? beat him. El Santo? beat him. Hogan? beat him. Andre? beat him. Vader? beat him. Lou Thesz? beat him. Backlund? beat him.

And he started and ran his own promotion that was, and still is, the most relevant wrestling promotion in the country.

Vote Inoki.

Pretty easy one here. Inoki moves on. He's one of the most honored and successful wrestlers to ever compete in Japan. Nothing against Simmons but I wonder if he'd even be in the tournament if not for the unexpected five month WCW title reign in 1992.

Simmons barely deserves to be in the tournament, as said by Brain. I wouldn't have had him on my list without his work in WWF augmenting his WCW title reign. He was booked pretty strongly for a while as the head of the NOD, getting title shots at a very credible title on the way.

Still, I'm not even gonna bust out any arguments here unless enough misplaced votes are given against Inoki. Inoki should be considered one of the top 10 seeds in this tournament imho and this is nothing but a warm up

Inoki easy. Ron simmons just can't stand up the stature and legacy of Inoki here. Inoki was just better in every possible way.

Inoki with the move he invented the enziguri and the pin

Simmons was a career midcarder whose one claim to fame was as being the first black man to win a major pro wrestling world title- a five month reign with the WCW title that began and ended at house shows.

Inoki on the other hand spent like 7 years as the NWF/NJPW world champion and is one of the greatest wrestlers in the history of Japan.

Easy vote.

Inoki has something that most of these other foreign names don't have and that's legitimate experience as a success in north american promotions. Simmons didn't even have that much of himself, and was ultimately outshone by The Rock in the vehicle that was designed to propel him to the top in the WWF. Inoki wins here.

I loved Ron Simmons, and wish he got a better draw. Inoki is one of the most decorated wrestlers in all of Japan. This would be an entertaining match,, but Inoki moves on to the second round. Pretty easy one really.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back