Intl. Region, Los Angeles Subregion, First Round: (1)Ric Flair vs. (32) Brian Pillman

Who Wins This Matchup?

• Ric Flair

• Brian Pillman

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Los Angeles Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under standard wrestling rules. It will be held at the Staples Center in Los Angeles, California.

Staples-Center.jpg

Ric%20Flair%20AP%20Graphics%20Bank%20660.jpg

#1. Ric Flair

Vs.

45.jpg

#32. Brian Pillman

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Unlucky draw for Pillman here. Had his career not been sadly cut short, by his untimely death he would of had a much longer career and would be a much higher seed. Then he wouldn't have gotten the bad luck of facing the Nature Boy in the first round.

I don't think I have to go on about the great resume and talent of Ric Flair. If i was Flair I would be the cockiest man on the planet. He is one of the most legendary names ever in wrestling. He's the reason for the term, could wrestle a broom stick. He's one of few men that I would put in the category of Wrestling Royalty. His accomplishments, span multiple countries, and multiple promotions. To be the man you've got to beat the man! And I'm sorry Brian Pillman but you can not beat the man here.

I'll sum up who I'm picking in one simple word. WOOOOOOOO!......Is that a word?

Brian Pillman's prime was when he was a mid card talent in WCW during a time where Ric Flair was regularly beating the main event talent of that promotion. This is a good first round match for Flair as it would be a good match but just a tune up before Flair moves on to bigger things.

I won't even go into titles, impact, drawing power, etc.

Instead I'll just use this to make the point easy enough:

In their only one-on-one match Flair made Pillman tap to the figure four on Nitro in September of '95.

Also during Austin and Pillman's tag title reign they faced Flair and Sting at Clash of the Champions XXIII, with Flair pinning Pillman in the first fall of a 2 out of 3 falls match, and the Blondes got DQ'd in the second fall to drop two straight, but manage to retain their belts.

Vote Flair. But you already knew that.

Tough Draw for Pillman. Pillman would get a few flurries of offense in, but Flair would dominate the match and make Pillman submit to the figure four. Flair is just far more accomplished and easily gets to the next round.

Pillman was in the first WWF match I ever watched. Flair remains someone that I think I just don't 'get'. I find his style ridiculous and if I'm honest, I doubt how big a name he really was. Sure, dominating in NWA, but at a time when Hogan was absolutely dominant in the mainstream. That being said, there can be no contest. Entertaining midcarder against the most decorated of all time. Flair wins.

Flying Bryan gets taken out in the first round by Flair.

Its really a simple choice. Flair is an icon & Bryan never really had any success outside the mid card. Sure he did some memorable things as the loose cannon, but that no way compares to anything Flair has done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back