International Region, Third Round, Street Fight: (4) Kurt Angle vs. (5) Antonio Inoki

Who Wins This Match?

• Kurt Angle

• Antonio Inoki

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a third round match in the International Region. It will be a street fight. It will be held at the Tokyo Dome in Tokyo, Japan.

tokyodome32.jpg

Rules: Match where falls count anywhere and weapons, usually lol street related ones like stop signs, can be used.

url

#4. Kurt Angle

Vs.

url

#5. Antonio Inoki

This match takes place 1 week after round 2.

Polls will be open for four days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I'm actually not to familiar with Inoki, but what I do know is that he beat Bob Backlund twice, for the WWF championship and he founded NJPW.

But this is a Street Fight.

Kurt Angle beat Shane McMahon in a street fight after losing to Edge earlier that night. Kurt Angle also won a gold medal with a broken neck. He's a fighter. I saw something about Inoki, but I'm not sure if he could adapt to a Street Fight.

Kurt is great in the ring, and so is Inoki, but since Kurt has more experience in these matches, I'll vote Angle.

I've seen Kurt Angle do a lot of fucked up shit to people. His King in the Ring match with Shane McMahon is a rough watch, but it shows how merciless Kurt Angle is. Spoiler Alert: He wins after he takes a wooden board, balances it on the corner, then stands on it and Angle Slams a bloody Shane McMahon from the top rope. Oh, and Shane McMahon is bloody because Angle suplexed him through two glass stage displays.

That said, I'm not going to jump into this one without getting some information about Antonio Inoki. The Japanese are gluttons for punishment, and I wouldn't be surprised to hear that he's done his fair share of crazy shit too.

Antonio Inoki has this thing won. While Kurt Angle is a good wrestler, Antonio Inoki is a great wrestler. The man has defeated Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair (in front of a crowd of 190,000 people!), Andre the Giant (forcing the big man to tap out), Sting, Lou Thesz, Bob Backlund, The Great Muta, Vader and has tied Dory Funk Jr. and Muhammed Ali. No, I'm not kidding Antonio Inoki has literally tied Muhammed Ali in a fight which left Muhammed Ali's leg's battered, bruised, bloody, infected, permanently damaged and with two blood clots. And he did all of that with just his legs. Now some of you may be saying "But, Misson Kurt Angle's crazy and Antonio Inoki has never been in a Street Fight before!" Well your right. But, does it really require that many brain cells to swing a chair? I mean if Sandman can do it with only 5 working brain cells then I'm pretty sure Antonio Inoki can do it as well. Also, Inoki has fought in a two hour long Japanese Death Match in the middle of an uninhabited island and no I am not making that up. He won that match after making his opponent a bloody mess.

Inoki has also meant a lot more to wrestling then Kurt will ever mean. Inoki is the Prince of Japanese wrestling. He trained under Karl Gotch and Rikidozan. He founded New Japan Pro Wrestling which is currently the biggest wrestling promotion in Japan. He also founded IGF which is another big promotion in Japan. He has won a multitude of championships and tournament's in Japan. Plus, he's beaten all of the people that I listed above. Also, this is in Japan where Antonio Inoki is pretty much on par with Godzilla. So yea I'll be voting for Antonio Inoki and I hope you will be voting for him too!

Already people have brought up Kurt Angle beating Shane McMahon in a street fight. Shane McMahon. And your comparing him to Antonio Inoki. Wrestling in the Tokyo Dome. Inoki obviously has the huge home town hero effect on his side, but it's not just that, he's also won death matches, and pretty much made a career out of beating big American names on Japanese soil. He's beaten the likes of Sting and Flair, who are probably above Angle's position on the card, as well as countless others at or below his level, including Vader, which should serve to show that he was tough enough to take this kind of thing.

It is ludicrous to compare Shane to Inoki but one thing Shane had, and he had a shit ton of it, was heart. It took brutal beatings, 30ft falls, panes of glass, ladders, chairs, tables, grizzly bears, and tactical nukes to put him away. He was a glorified bump machine but goddamn did he takes those bumps.

Now, back on topic, Inoki and that glorious chin are the first things to pop into my head when I think Japanese wrestling. Angle is great, one of my favorites, and maybe the best in ring technician of my generation but he should fall here. Inoki is on his home turf and has beaten huge American draws there. While Kurt may be better in the ring than some of the names mentioned, he wasn't a bigger draw and Inoki wins this match more often than not.

Inoki! I don't even know much about him, but look at it. Angle might be great, but Inoki, in his hometown, having acheived what's been mentioned above? It's gotta go his way. He's made Andre tap, he's beaten Flair, Angle cannot hold up to that. I'm finding it difficult to bring up anything that might make it seem like Angle can take this one to be honest.

Inoki all day.

Oh, this is in the Tokyo Dome, isn't it. And it's against a guy who wears his Americanism on his sleeve... or his singlet anyway.

I still want to hear the things that Inoki did with weapons to fuck people up, but the Tokyo Dome may have won Inoki my vote. Well, that and his glorious chin.

Ah, thank you Mission for the info you have given. I never thought about Inoki's hometown advantage either. I watched the island death match between Masa Saito and Antonio Inoki.

There was a good amount of blood and determination in that match, and those Japanese will wrestle their hearts out.

My Vote: Inoki

I've no real opinion on this match. I like Kurt Angle a lot more than most, but my knowledge of Inoki is sketchy at best and I couldn't talk with authority on how well or poorly he'd fare in a street fight.

Hometown advantage though? Tokyo Dome? Pfft. Fuck that. Kurt Angle, Tokyo Dome, versus Yuji Nagata - watch what happened:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sV2t0wJyizA&t=3m10s

[YOUTUBE]sV2t0wJyizA[/YOUTUBE]

Kurt Angle has also beaten Brock Lesnar in Tokyo in a match booked by Inoki. Kurt Angle has also allegedly outpaced Brock in a shoot match. Also, Inoki has faced an Olympic gold medalist in Japan before. Inoki failed to win the match.

I don't know a ton about Inoki but it has always seemed to me that people don't actually like him all that much for how big of a legend he is. I also believe some of that stems from some of the decisions he has made about MMA and prowrestling. His love of the semi-shoot is what costs him here. In Tokyo I will concede he is more likely to be booked to go over but I think he might be about to have the tables turned. This is a situation where anything even insinuating a shoot happens and Angle is going to clean his clock. I don't think Inoki will be able to resist and that will be his undoing here.

We're really debating whether Antonio Inoki, who's home base is in the Tokyo Dome and has a god-like following there, wouldn't beat a gaijin like Kurt Angle? Please.

Angle's amazing and has won in the Tokyo Dome a few times, but against Antonio Inoki, who beat Hulk Hogan, Stan Hansen, Sting, and fought MUHAMMAD ALI to a draw... ALL in the Tokyo Dome... would beat Angle.

This favors Inokisan...

INOKI... BOOMBA YAY!
INOKI... BOOMBA YAY!

This is a tough match to call. On one hand, this match is taking place in Tokyo, Japan. Inoki has the hometurf advantage and is one of the biggest wrestling stars in the history of Japan. I'm not a huge expert on Inoki, I do know that he's a legit tough guy that actually has an impressive MMA record, including defeating Andre the Giant in a shoot fight back in the 70s. So anyone doubting Inoki's toughness needs to rethink those doubts.

On the other hand, I see too many people also just writing off Kurt Angle's toughness and his ability. Angle is flat out tough. He won the Olympic gold medal, essentially, with a broken neck. Angle's had a history of neck problems but he's always worked through them to such a degree as to make you question the man's sanity and regards to his own safety. Angle's ability inside the ring is second to none, especially on the mat, and to think that he doesn't have the toughness to hang with Inoki in this environment is not only wrong, it's laughably wrong.

I'm not sure which way I'm voting on this. I'm leaning towards Angle right now because I'm simply a much bigger fan of him than Inoki and find him far more entertaining. At the same time, I know how tough Inoki is and I know how big he is in Japan. However, using homefield advantage as the crux for the argument against Kurt Angle won't fly in and of itself. It's a relevant factor, but it doesn't override everything else. I've seen FAR too many "he's a legend" arguments made towards some guys who've progressed in the tourney this year, and every other year since I've been posting, and it's not going to cut it between these two.

Inoki is tough. His 2-3 fights that I have heard of that are similar to these rules he did well in. Just not alot to go on as far as match history with these type of rules. He did wrestle with much of a different style than most americans are used to. Japan is different and can be pretty stiff. Plus this is in Tokyo. Damn. Hell, there isnt much the man hasnt done.

As far as his 'match' with Ali where he permenately injured him.... I wouldnt give the man too much of an ovation. Inoki layed on his back and kicked almost the entire match. That was the extent of his 'great' win. Not exactly the same as a straight up match or even close to a street fight.

This is Kurt Angle though. You really cant discredit the man's toughness. The olympic win with a broken neck is a huge testament to that. That is RL, not scripted or kayfabe.

In wrestling he shot to the top quite fast standing on his great technical ability and work ethic. He is very quick and agile, with a superb ground game on par with some of the best ever. Once he started embracing a different side of his game, he became extremely dangerous. Angle has shown time after time he can be very sneaky and downright brutal. Once he gets in that mode, he slaps on that ankle lock and will hold on like a pitbull. Both have had similar careers in that most of their matches werent 'extreme' type rules, but Angle has been in a few more than Inoki. That gives him a slight advantage experience wise.

Discredit his KOTR match all you want because of Shane being less of a contender. Its easy to do if you want to be a dick. Fact is that Shane can take a beating like few others. Kurt whopped him all over the stage and ring. Brutal. He has fought fantastic matches against HHH, Benoit, Lesnar- hell almost everyone from his time. Quite a few tough characters. He beat both Raven as well as RVD in hardcore matches. Those are 2 very tough and violent opponents. Raven may not be a huge star, but in the harcore world he is considered quite sick and dangerous. Angle can do just fine in a street fight environment.

His jump to TNA showed us some great battles against Joe and Desmond that were classic and brutal respectively. HBK at WM? Superb. Anyone remember the Moonsaults off the cage? Shows he has it in him to pull out all the stops. Plus the man has fought and won great matches in Japan, so we know he can adapt and win in a stlye that Inoki is familliar with. Angle has held belts in Japan, so the venue isnt as much of a factor. Angle has proved he can win in Japan without issue.

X2I4E3C_large_display_image.jpg
Kurt-Angle-With-His-Champion-Belts.jpeg

imagesCAVAGM2R_display_image.jpg

That sure is alot of belts for one man. He held multiple belts multiple times in different companies. One of those is even 2 different companies at once- He held the IWGP and TNA belts at the same freaking time. That is spectacular. The fact he has won multiple belts at once is something rarely done in the business and a claim few have ever accomplished. All that and an Olympic Gold Medal. Sure looks like he knows how to win and take care of business to me. Anyone that can do all he has done and hold many titles at one time sure is a very credible threat.

This would be a fantastic match for the ages. If this were even contested under normal rules it would be close. I just have to give it to Angle. It would start out with a great back and forth technically sound battle. 2 count after 2 count, both men try but to no avail. I beleive Inoki might get frustrated and attempt a shoot that will end up bad for him because he might not see Kurt as a threat. Kurt has plenty in his arsenal for Inoki to worry about. A fight ensues on the outside causing great damage to both men as well as the ringside furniture. Inoki grabs a chair and lays in some solid shots to Kurt then takes a minute to set up a big spot finish. A bloody Angle, in serious danger, gets his second wind and turns up the heat. Suplexes will follow in all varieties.

With the crowd at their feet, the straps come down. Kurt has that smile on his face. Inoki takes an Angle slam. Kickout. Kurt mounts and punches the dazed Inoki then locks in the ankle lock. Inoki breaks out and mounts a great comeback dropping Angle again. Now we have a staredown at the 30 minute mark. A great exchange once again and Inoki goes in for the kill. He puts Angle in a sleeper but Angle rushes backwards to the turnbuckle to break the hold. Inoki grabs Kurt for a final blow and Kurt explodes. Punches exchanged and Inoki kicks at Kurt. Angle grabs the leg and Inoki goes for the Enziguri but Kurt ducks and applies the ankle lock. He rolls through and spits Angle outside. He shoots in the ring exchanges with Inoki once again and hits the 3 Germans. Straps go up, then back down and Kurt applies the ankle lock once again, but this time falls and grapevines Inoki with nowhere to go.

Buckets of blood poured, ringside in shambles and the crowd in a frenzy 45 minutes in- Inoki taps and Angle moves on. Its True- Its Damn True.

Inoki is tough. His 2-3 fights that I have heard of that are similar to these rules he did well in. Just not alot to go on as far as match history with these type of rules. He did wrestle with much of a different style than most americans are used to. Japan is different and can be pretty stiff. Plus this is in Tokyo. Damn. Hell, there isnt much the man hasnt done.

I agree with you on all of this. Inoki was great.

As far as his 'match' with Ali where he permenately injured him.... I wouldnt give the man too much of an ovation. Inoki layed on his back and kicked almost the entire match. That was the extent of his 'great' win. Not exactly the same as a straight up match or even close to a street fight.

Thing is something most people forget is that the day before there scheduled fight Muhammed Ali watched Inoki wrestle and afterward Ali was scared to death. Infact he was so scared to fight that he said he wouldn't fight unless certain rules were added. One of the rules was that Inoki couldn't kick unless he had one leg on the ground. This is the reason why Inoki stayed on the ground. He's not stupid. He knew if he stood up and tried to have a boxing match with Ali he'd lose so instead he stayed on the ground, kicked Ali's legs like crazy and tried to get Ali to come to the ground where Inoki could put him in one of his many submission moves.

This is Kurt Angle though. You really cant discredit the man's toughness. The olympic win with a broken neck is a huge testament to that. That is RL, not scripted or kayfabe.

But, sadly this is kayfabe match in Inoki's home country where he is as big as Hulk Hogan.

In wrestling he shot to the top quite fast standing on his great technical ability and work ethic. He is very quick and agile, with a superb ground game on par with some of the best ever. Once he started embracing a different side of his game, he became extremely dangerous. Angle has shown time after time he can be very sneaky and downright brutal. Once he gets in that mode, he slaps on that ankle lock and will hold on like a pitbull. Both have had similar careers in that most of their matches werent 'extreme' type rules, but Angle has been in a few more than Inoki. That gives him a slight advantage experience wise.

Just because he's been in a few more street fights doesn't mean he has a big advantage. It's a simple street fight. All you need to know is that you pick up a chair and then you swing it at your opponent. You really don't need a lot of brain cells to do that. Hell, New Jack did it all the time and I'm not really sure if he even has any brain cells.

Discredit his KOTR match all you want because of Shane being less of a contender. Its easy to do if you want to be a dick. Fact is that Shane can take a beating like few others. Kurt whopped him all over the stage and ring. Brutal.

So he beat a man who had very little wrestling experience, but it counts cause the man had a lot of heart. Here's the thing though. Inoki will cause a lot more damage to Kurt then Shane could ever dream of doing. This is the man who busted people open using just his kicks. This is the man who was such a submission expert that he made Andre the Giant tap out.

He has fought fantastic matches against HHH, Benoit, Lesnar- hell almost everyone from his time. Quite a few tough characters. He beat both Raven as well as RVD in hardcore matches. Those are 2 very tough and violent opponents. Raven may not be a huge star, but in the harcore world he is considered quite sick and dangerous. Angle can do just fine in a street fight environment.

And Inoki has beaten Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Andre the Giant, The Great Muta, Lou Thesz and many others all of whom are huge names.

His jump to TNA showed us some great battles against Joe and Desmond that were classic and brutal respectively. HBK at WM? Superb. Anyone remember the Moonsaults off the cage? Shows he has it in him to pull out all the stops. Plus the man has fought and won great matches in Japan, so we know he can adapt and win in a stlye that Inoki is familliar with. Angle has held belts in Japan, so the venue isnt as much of a factor. Angle has proved he can win in Japan without issue.

And you know what kind of people Inoki loves to beat in Japan. Gaijins (foreign wrestlers). Plus, the competetion Angle faced in Japan is no where near as tough as Inoki. Kurt beat Brock Lesnar which I'll give him some props for doing and Yuji Nagata. The man who led New Japan during there low period.

Buckets of blood poured, ringside in shambles and the crowd in a frenzy 45 minutes in- Angle taps and Inoki moves on. Its True- Its Damn True.
Fixed it for you. :)

Here is Vader basically squashing Inoki in Tokyo. Notice the offense that had a foreigner quickly defeat him was largely suplexes, outside the ring, slams and stiff.

[YOUTUBE]LZwGUsFm7_A[/YOUTUBE]

I know some of you have taken an interest in his chin but look at his legs. Has there ever been someone more ripe for tapping out to the ankle lock than Inoki? He also doesn't look particularly muscular so I have my doubts about his resiliency as this match goes on. Street fights are brutal and Inoki's strength is his technical ability. In a match of this type against someone that can more than handle his technical ability, he is in trouble.

Thing is something most people forget is that the day before there scheduled fight Muhammed Ali watched Inoki wrestle and afterward Ali was scared to death. Infact he was so scared to fight that he said he wouldn't fight unless certain rules were added. One of the rules was that Inoki couldn't kick unless he had one leg on the ground. This is the reason why Inoki stayed on the ground. He's not stupid. He knew if he stood up and tried to have a boxing match with Ali he'd lose so instead he stayed on the ground, kicked Ali's legs like crazy and tried to get Ali to come to the ground where Inoki could put him in one of his many submission moves.

I know my history and research. All that means is Ali, who has no wrestling skill and Inoki who has no boxing skill wanted the game a little more square. Angle is far from scared to mix it up on the mat. He has proved that. In fact he has a gold medal to prove it. You know, the Olympics, RL, where kayfabe and what company you run has nothing to do with a win. Where is Inoki's gold medal?....

But, sadly this is kayfabe match in Inoki's home country where he is as big as Hulk Hogan.

Well this is an imaginary match actually. Where each votes how they see fit. I choose to vote on ability to win. Angle has more than enough to win. He never needed to stage scripted wins\draw on an MMA style card like Inoki did. You arent that much of a badass if you shoot and get beaten by up for your trouble by Sammartino, start an uprising and get the boot, run a company and book yourself to win or script a 'real fight' on an MMA card for an event you created. Angle beat the best in the world in a RL tournament called the OLYMPIC GAMES. How does that not prove he has the skills to win? A real life win in a tournament of the best gives you the advantage against a man who booked himself the win in part of his victories.

Even if you want to vote kayfabe, how many times did Inoki win multiple belts at once? Angle has a few times. Point goes to Angle.

Out of kayfabe, how many guys has Inoki beat in a RL tournament style setting? Angle won the Olympic Gold Medal. Respect. Point goes to Angle.

Just because he's been in a few more street fights doesn't mean he has a big advantage. It's a simple street fight. All you need to know is that you pick up a chair and then you swing it at your opponent. You really don't need a lot of brain cells to do that. Hell, New Jack did it all the time and I'm not really sure if he even has any brain cells.

Experience is a factor. Regardless of it being rocket science to swing a chair, the envioronment is tough to adapt to so dont downplay it like that. If you get into a fight against someone who has fought alot, you are at a disadvantage. You pick up things that work and things that dont. Also you are more prepared to handle the pain because you have lived through it before. Experience factors in. If you want to build a house do you hire a carpenter with experience or someone who just knows how to swing a hammer bc its not rocket science?

So he beat a man who had very little wrestling experience, but it counts cause the man had a lot of heart. Here's the thing though. Inoki will cause a lot more damage to Kurt then Shane could ever dream of doing. This is the man who busted people open using just his kicks. This is the man who was such a submission expert that he made Andre the Giant tap out.

It shows how vicious Kurt can be when someone just wont stay down.

And Inoki has beaten Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair, Andre the Giant, The Great Muta, Lou Thesz and many others all of whom are huge names.

How many of those were in this type of environment? Inoki has limited wins in a hardcore type of match and none of them came from Hogan Flair or Thesz etc. He has proven to be a winner in matches against big names in his time, but Kurt has wins against big names in his time in a more violent match setting- Rock, Show, RVD, Jericho, Tazz and even a HIAC win over Rikishi, Steve Austin, The Rock, The Undertaker, Triple H. Big name wins in a tough environment. Wins\losses by both men against big names, but Angle has more in the W column in the matches with no rules than Inoki.

And you know what kind of people Inoki loves to beat in Japan. Gaijins (foreign wrestlers). Plus, the competetion Angle faced in Japan is no where near as tough as Inoki. Kurt beat Brock Lesnar which I'll give him some props for doing and Yuji Nagata. The man who led New Japan during there low period.

You know where Kurt got that gold medal from? Winning a RL tournament beating foreigners at the Olympic Games. That means you are the best in the entire world- in Real Life. Pretty big as opposed to being the best (kayfabe) in a company you own.

Angle wins

Here is Vader basically squashing Inoki in Tokyo. Notice the offense that had a foreigner quickly defeat him was largely suplexes, outside the ring, slams and stiff.

[YOUTUBE]LZwGUsFm7_A[/YOUTUBE]

I know some of you have taken an interest in his chin but look at his legs. Has there ever been someone more ripe for tapping out to the ankle lock than Inoki? He also doesn't look particularly muscular so I have my doubts about his resiliency as this match goes on. Street fights are brutal and Inoki's strength is his technical ability. In a match of this type against someone that can more than handle his technical ability, he is in trouble.
Thing is it's not that hard to get out of the ankle lock in fact a ****** could probably get out of it! In fact a ****** has easily gotten out of it before!

[YOUTUBE]avMlqsjraTc[/YOUTUBE]
I'm pretty sure if Eugene can get out of the ankle lock then Inoki will be able to as well. Now as for his resiliency I have this

[YOUTUBE]PNIxnpCWU7s[/YOUTUBE]

Notice how that video says part 12. Inoki was able to win a 125 minute death match while his face was covered in blood and he forced his opponent to pass out. All while in the middle of an island (Yes, I know the island part means nothing at all, but damn it that's cool.) This is pretty much what i expect from the Angle vs Inoki match up. One hell of a fight and a match that I would most certainly pay money to see.

Kayfabe win on an island vs winning an Olympic Gold medal with a broken freaking neck.

Your argument is invalid.

Inoki just doesnt have enough to best Kurt in this.

Angle.

So far in this tournament, you just can't book Angle to lose to a foreigner. Inoki is a legend. A politicking legend, but a legend nonetheless. But that IWGP win says it all for me. Kurt Angle in his prime was a machine and would grapewine Anklelock the shit outta Inoki's leg.

The one possible way I see this match ending is Antonio passing out due to the pain. Angle wins, but Inoki has his dignity.

One of your main points is that he has shoot victories over Andre and Ali. Which is quite the accomplishment, but if this spirals into a shoot then it favors Angle by a mile. The man has more then enough legit fight wins to his credit. And you can't discredit the gold medal, maybe you could if ANYONE else in wrestling history had one, but no one does, so it can't be that easy to get. Kurt Angle is arguably the G.O.A.T as far as in ring performers go. No one can touch him on the mat. Add in his ability to fly and his ruthless aggression and you have one bad ass motherfucker. I give this to Angle in every facet of the match. The only thing not in Angle's favor is the location, but Great White Sam already demonstrated that doesn't really mean anything. Angle breaks his freakin ankle after Inoki try's to shoot.

Whoop-de-freaking-doo. Angle won a medal with a broken neck. He's a god among men. All Hail Angle!!! All Hail Angle!!!

Angle is a footnote in wrestling history. He wasn't a draw. He's just a midcarder to me. Like Mission stated, Inoki beat some of the greatest wrestlers of all time. Angle struggled to beat the top guys of his era. Why should I choose Angle?

The 6-man HIAC is a weak argument. Angle got Rock Bottomed and laid on the mat for like two minutes before he got a pin. Cheap win at its finest.

Very tough match up here.

Inoki has home field advantage but Kurt is a legit Olympic gold medalist, he is exactly the type of person Inoki would have put over him.

With that said I'll take Inoki. He was a bigger draw than Angle, as close to a Japanese Hulk Hogan as you can get. Inoki could legitimately kick anyone's ass including Angle's (although it would be a close battle) and I can't think of too many people Inoki didn't beat. Hell, even Andre lost to Inoki by submission and this was at a time where Andre was plenty healthy and could still move well.

There are just too many tangibles in Inoki's favor so I got to give him this match.

Also I gotta say shattered dreams, that match you posted happened right after Inoki was worn down in a match by Riki Choshu so Vader was at a disgustingly large advantage.

Antonio Inoki has this thing won. While Kurt Angle is a good wrestler, Antonio Inoki is a great wrestler. The man has defeated Hulk Hogan, Ric Flair (in front of a crowd of 190,000 people!), Andre the Giant (forcing the big man to tap out), Sting, Lou Thesz, Bob Backlund, The Great Muta, Vader and has tied Dory Funk Jr. and Muhammed Ali.

And this is why Angle loses. If Hogan, Flair, Andre and Thesz can't beat Inoki you can bet your ass that Angle doesn't. He's not at that level and never has been.

I don't usually like to use the region as the main reason for my decision but the home field advantage for Inoki is too much to ignore. This would be a close match anywhere but it's taking place in Inoki's house. Inoki is not going down in the third round in the Tokyo Dome. I remember reading about a 51 year old Inoki beating a 35 year old Sting so I think Inoki in his prime could handle Angle.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back