Interesting note about Ambrose

suleman09

Pre-Show Stalwart
So when the shield first debuted the initial plan was to have Ambrose as the break out star, but then slowly we saw Reigns being booked as the break out star. Now that Rollins went heel and is obviously a main event quality heel and Reigns is out with injury Ambrose is getting a good main event level push and is really performing well. I think it's interesting that Ambrose was booked as the 2nd guy to Reigns and now how much more over Ambrose has gotten in just a few months.

In Reigns' absence do you see Ambrose possibly "taking" the spotlight from reigns one he returns bc during his interview on tonight's raw people didn't pop nearly as much as they did as maybe 3 weeks ago

if wwe keeps following my posts (I'm the guy who said give him the futureshock ddt about a week ago week ago week ago *shmoney dances*) then yeah Ambrose will supplant Reigns.

Ambrose doesn't end this face run without winning the WWE Championship, he can turn heel after that but not a moment sooner. I can't make projections on if he gets a title shot at mania or what but Ambrose has to win with this face run.

This doesn't surprise me. When his feud with Rollins started Ambrose got huge pops.

I think it's hard to get that thrilled about a 1 minute video where it seemed like there was a delay. I wasn't a fan of it. I definitely think it's possible that Ambrose is more over than Reigns, but he's had a lot of luck in this. Bryan getting injured, Reigns getting injured, Seth Rollins being a good heel.

It wouldn't surprise me if when Reigns returns he gets a bigger pop than Ambrose is getting now. Feuding with the Authority gets any face over. Plus being in a faux feud with Cena helps also

I seriously hope that Ambrose stays over because he's one of the only naturally born performers both in the ring and out of it, Roman is talented but he's the least polished and least talented of the three members of the shield and he is also the least experienced actually he is one of the newest wrestlers on the main roster now he started wrestling in 2009 only. Rollins is the best in ring performer and plays a great heel character which was very unexpected since people always looked at him as a face he definitely has a bright future and hopefully a future world champion. Ambrose is the best of the three, he was not at his best when he was in the shield because he was in a group, but now that the group has broken up he is the only reason many people tune in to raw, smack down or any other show in WWE. Perfect is what Ambrose is and great is what he does.

To be fair to Reigns, it was possible that they were reducing the sound of the crowd during his speech. It's also possible that they were deflated when they learned he wasn't actually there. Maybe I didn't look at the advertisements close enough, but I presumed he was there.

Honestly, Reigns hit a point where it seemed like his career was stagnating. He had defeated Orton, his feud with Rollins was treated like an afterthought since he was stepping in for Ambrose and it seemed like the Triple H match we were all waiting for wasn't coming anytime soon.

Ambrose has had a more focused storyline and Triple H's presence makes more sense, since Hunter obviously favors Rollins more than Orton right now. I just think WWE booked Reigns too awkwardly and that's harming his momentum.

I'll add myself to the club of people that hopes that Ambrose will stay over and keep being pushed, although my hopes are faint.

Reigns is not terrible, but c'mon, WWE has tons of talent better than him at the moment (Ambrose and Cesaro above all).

A quick note on Reigns' appearance, the Raw pre show on the Network definitely made it seem like he was going to be there live, with Booker and Alex Riley being concerned that he was going to do something stupid and get physically involved or something. So I was bummed when it turned out he was live via satellite.

This doesn't surprise me. When his feud with Rollins started Ambrose got huge pops.

I think it's hard to get that thrilled about a 1 minute video where it seemed like there was a delay. I wasn't a fan of it. I definitely think it's possible that Ambrose is more over than Reigns, but he's had a lot of luck in this. Bryan getting injured, Reigns getting injured, Seth Rollins being a good heel.

It wouldn't surprise me if when Reigns returns he gets a bigger pop than Ambrose is getting now. Feuding with the Authority gets any face over. Plus being in a faux feud with Cena helps also

Ambrose is definitely more over than Reigns, though it helps that his first feud was the money feud with Traitorface, whilst Reigns was saddled with Boreton & Borane.

Also, last night's Reigns interview with him being his normal self seemed odd.
As a Reigns fan, it would be much better if instead, they just kept him off-screen and worked on making his return as "Special" and "Epic" as possible, maybe they'd have a chance of building back the momentum he has gradually loss due to lack-lustre programming and lack of continuity in storyline(Yes, people don't like Reigns because he never 'helped' Ambrose).

They now have a chance of 'starting over' with Reigns and getting him into a more focused and 'hot' feud when he returns. Every time he has had a staredown with HHH, the crowd eats it up. I hope he returns and goes after "the King of Kings" and as he said post-Payback, have their own "Game of Thrones" ;)

WWE tends to lose sight over the root of all of this.

When Rollins turned on The Shield, we had:
Ambrose pissed at Rollins
Reigns pissed at HHH, since Hunter caused it to happen

When Reigns comes back he NEEDS to feud with HHH. Not Kane, not Rollins, not Orton. But the boss. And don't save this until WrestleMania like they did with Bryan. The match should have happened at SummerSlam, Night of Champions or Hell In A Cell (until Reigns got injured).

It's the same thing with Ambrose. Having Rollins screw over Cena was a dumb move. It should be Ambrose/Rollins once and for all in the Cell, with Cena doing his own thing. Hell, once they knew Reigns was out they should have had HHH himself screw Cena and have Cena/HHH headline HIAC. Certainly makes up for not having Lesnar there. Or to a lesser extent, have someone like Cesaro cost Cena at Night of Champions. Inserting Cena into the Ambrose/Rollins feud has just made the entire thing a booking mess.

Feuding with The Authority gets babyfaces over, but the head of The Authority is HHH. If they're going to run this angle, he needs to be more physically involved throughout the year. I mean, no one has touched him since Payback. At least Vince was getting his ass kicked on a nightly basis by Austin. That's what people want to see, don't go half way with it.

I will not worry about Ambrose's future that much.
This is obvious he can be a top guy, can effectively work as both face and heel, and talk. I think the guys behind the scenes understand that Ambrose is one of their best all arounders and will use him in top storylines going forward quite often.

Taking Reigns' spot? I don't think so. Reigns is Hogan/Warrior/Cena like face, who is destined to replace John when time will come, Ambrose is a different (in a way more important) type of animal, who is also very needed in main event scene, but making him #1 will make Reigns' role pointless.

I see the near future main event scene like this:
top face - Reigns (new Hogan/Warrior/Cena)
veterans - John Cena, Randy Orton
all arounder - Ambrose
5 star matches maker - Daniel Bryan
the only problem here is there is no top heel yet.

This goes back to how every WWE faction in history works... they have 3 levels...

The Must Get Over:- The purpose of the faction, he may not be the "front man" but he he is the one who, when all is said and done has to be elevated from it. When it was the Nation, it was the Rock, DX post Shawn injury it was Hunter, Evolution it was Orton, Legacy it was DiBiase... even the Spirit Squad with Nicky and Kenny... one is the current IC champ in case you forgot... In the Shield this was Ambrose... from day one he was given the role of "leader", he was the one given the singles title and the one everyone thought from NXT all the way to the night Rollins turned would "be main event first". Indeed Ambrose is, defended or not the 4th longest US champ in history... that is a serious step, not given to a wannabe or a gamble... that is something given to someone you want to be "the guy".

The Guy they WANT Over:- Go back to Evolution... This was Batista... to Legacy it was Orton in the Wyatts it was until recently Luke Harper and old DX it was Chyna... Nation was Faarooq.

This is the person who they want to get to that point, but it's not as important as the main guy... in the Shield that was clearly Reigns, all the old "look" reasons come into play and also his lineage to the Rock and his family... of course WWE would want him to get over, but he was never the main plan but "plan B", which is ironic considering that terms use in Rollin's push. Reigns was given the Surivor Series last man standing moment and the Royal Rumble performance... these don't quite add up to the US title reign Ambrose had, but they are commonly used tools for the guy they WANT to get over... they have done it before... Think back to the Nation with Farooq injuring Ahmed... he was given some big moments even though he never won as often as The Rock... and once he was out of the Nation was given the APA... which had a LOT of moments.

Then finally...

The Guy Who IF they get over - they will...

These are normally the bonus guys in the factions... The Outlaws and X-Pac in DX, Erick Rowan in the Wyatts, D.Lo in the Nation and Cody in Legacy.

Make no mistake these guys very often DO get over, sometimes more than the person the stable was intended to help. No one predicted Cody would not only be still around but one of their most reliable and versatile hands today when Legacy was the focal point, it was geared towards DiBiase, but Cody was patient... just as RoadDog or D.Lo were. At one point in 1999 D. Lo was not only the EuroContinental dual champion but quickly getting as over as some of the other top guys. It was only the accident with Droz that killed that momentum. D.Lo was on his way, if Henry got a title, D. Lo without that accident would have one day...

Rollins is clearly that guy in the Shield. He was the guy who was "most unlike" WWE's type on signing, he had the ROH title/pedigree so was perhaps seen as a Punk clone rather than something different like the other 2. It's ironic that Punk's walkout has seen them push Rollins as his direct replacement. The gave him the tag belts, the catalyst role for the split AND the MITB Briefcase... but you still get the feeling he won't actually win the title ahead of Ambrose or Reigns.

The Shield was perhaps the first time they have legit tried to push 3 guys to the same level...even Nexus had a definite order...but be sure that was not the plan when they put them together, it perhaps only began when WWE realised that ALL 3 could not only get over but potentially replace their 3 Attitude Era icons...

Ambrose is the new Austin without doubt, he's already getting the "undercurrent" of support Austin got, if they let him go a little bit more edgy and resist the temptation to let Austin come back and stun him... then they have their new guy.

Reigns has the potential to be the new Rock without doubt and Rollins is clearly being moulded into the new Triple H style heel.

Of the 3 Ambrose is the furthest ahead, near ready now and more to the point, over naturally rather than the force fed way the other 2 are... The fans had a choice 18 years ago between Shawn, Austin and The Rock...the other two were forced on them and Austin wasn't they chose Austin... and they will choose Ambrose in the same way... the other two still got over in the end... but WWE survived cos the fans chose right... They're in that kind of spot again.

Ambrose is quickly becoming "watercooler" level, where you talk about what he did... Reigns isn't... Rollins isn't...Rusev isn't... so that means Ambrose is safe.

I will not worry about Ambrose's future that much.
This is obvious he can be a top guy, can effectively work as both face and heel, and talk. I think the guys behind the scenes understand that Ambrose is one of their best all arounders and will use him in top storylines going forward quite often.

Taking Reigns' spot? I don't think so. Reigns is Hogan/Warrior/Cena like face, who is destined to replace John when time will come, Ambrose is a different (in a way more important) type of animal, who is also very needed in main event scene, but making him #1 will make Reigns' role pointless.

I see the near future main event scene like this:
top face - Reigns (new Hogan/Warrior/Cena)
veterans - John Cena, Randy Orton
all arounder - Ambrose
5 star matches maker - Daniel Bryan
the only problem here is there is no top heel yet.

Whilst the setup makes sense, I'd love if the set Heel/set Face type setup is abandoned.

Better to just have a list of guys who can possibly Main Event RAW/SD & PPVs going forward.

As long as the Main Event scene can remain somewhat fresh in terms of having more options, then it is just the storylines that need to be logical enough.

Hopefully, going into SummerSlam 2015: The Main Event scene can look like:
John Cena
Daniel Bryan
Roman Reigns
Dean Ambrose
Seth Rollins
Randy Orton
Cesaro
Bray Wyatt
Bad News Barrett(Injury permitting)

(Part timers...)

Maybe someone from the new NXT batch could also make a splash in the next few months.

Whilst constant changing from Heel to Face and vice versa can hurt a character, in the same way, lack of character change can also make things go south quickly especially with today's generation.

More Main Event talent will definitely help with higher quality programming, no doubts.

Ambrose is obviously the best character. Rollins is obviously the best wrestler and Reigns has had a rocket shoved so far up his ******** to push him to to the top of the card that people resent it...i do however feel like the injury fouls be the best thing to happen to him at present. People will have time to forget his lackluster matches with Randy Orton and Kane and upon his return he will ne treated as the star WWE so wants us to believe he is. I am still crossing my fingers for a shield triple threat at WrestleMania.
Ambrose I believe should be pushed as high as they can get him. He is so much more over than Reigns and the closest thing they have to a genuine attitude era character also he is cool as fuck. Rollins is progressing nicely as a heel but his ahem..mean..facial expressions leave him looking constipated. Hopefully he will cash in his money in the bank contract at the rumble. Take the title off Brock. Have Reigns return and win the rumble. And also have Ambrose get screwed in a title match at elimination chamber ao we have good reason for my dream WrestleMania main event

(I'm the guy who said give him the futureshock ddt about a week ago week ago week ago *shmoney dances*)

It was a double armed DDT a la Mankind not the futureshock. Buzzkillll....

Guess I should add something to the topic so that bastard Dagger doesn't ban me. Dean Ambrose has already taken the spotlight from Roman Reigns imo. Even when Reigns was still active he was the number 3 face behind *John Cena and Dean Ambrose. Dean Ambrose is a guy who is relatable to everybody, while Roman Reigns is relatable to those Cena fans who want to see another Superman. It's just a matter of time before the WWE realizes Dean Ambrose and Seth Rollins are the future babyfaces of the company and turn Roman heel. That wouldn't be so bad, you would have a solid 4 at the top of the company for years to come, with the top two faces being Ambrose and Rollins and the top two heels being Wyatt and Reigns.

In Reigns' absence do you see Ambrose possibly "taking" the spotlight from reigns one he returns bc during his interview on tonight's raw people didn't pop nearly as much as they did as maybe 3 weeks ago

I'm a fan of both of them, but he hasn't possibly taken it away from Reigns, he's swiped it for himself, hook, line and sinker. And who can blame him. Sometimes in this industry you only get one chance to showcase yourself, and you have to take every opportunity you can.

They can give you the best gimmick in the world, but if you can't run with it then it means absolutely nothing. You don't have to look any further than Bray Wyatt to see that. He wasn't that fantastic as Husky Harris, blew us all away with Wyatt character, but it's gone nowhere. Ambrose on the other hand, has taken the ball and scored a touchdown with it, and then for good measure he's kicking field goals.

With Reigns even though he's a powerful guy, I've watched him on number of shows in interviews and he's very soft spoken for a guy his size. One night on RAW after the Shield split Ambrose did his promo and then Reigns got the mic. The first thing he said was something along the lines of "committing the ultimate sin, by stabbing your brothers in the back". I couldn't even hear what he said, and then he stopped, took a moment and when he spoke again, his voice was a lot louder. I think the audience was yelling "We can't hear you" if I'm not mistaken. He also has the bad habit of putting the emphasis on the wrong words in the sentence and it comes off sounding strange.

I do think they muted the crowd noise, otherwise we wouldn't have been able to hear a word he said last night. If he ever finds his voice and begins to feel more comfortable on the mic, he'll be a lot better off. But I don't see any problem with them both sharing the stage, spotlight, whatever you want to call it. Like I said, I'm a fan of both, and as long as one of them is kicking someone's ass, it's okay with me.

Reigns is a Vince guy. We all need to realise this. But, Ambrose may not overtake him but instead stay par with him. Kind of like Cena and Orton. Sure Cena has had more success but the one guy throughout his entire career that has kept up has been Randy. In the end, I can see all 3 Shield guys hitting similar heights but Reigns will be the most synthetic whereas Ambrose will be more organic in terms of crowd reactions and pushes etc.

On a more positive note, maybe we can all get a little more excited with Roman's in ring work because a hernia would stop him doing a lot of stuff he'd perhaps normally do. Like his NXT finisher, he landed on his side doing that, so if his hernia has been there he has likely had to drop that entirely. Plus if the guy can move a little better when he gets back, his matches will pick up the pace a bit more so maybe it is something we can enjoy a little more in future

Reigns is a Vince guy. We all need to realise this. But, Ambrose may not overtake him but instead stay par with him. Kind of like Cena and Orton. Sure Cena has had more success but the one guy throughout his entire career that has kept up has been Randy. In the end, I can see all 3 Shield guys hitting similar heights but Reigns will be the most synthetic whereas Ambrose will be more organic in terms of crowd reactions and pushes etc.

On a more positive note, maybe we can all get a little more excited with Roman's in ring work because a hernia would stop him doing a lot of stuff he'd perhaps normally do. Like his NXT finisher, he landed on his side doing that, so if his hernia has been there he has likely had to drop that entirely. Plus if the guy can move a little better when he gets back, his matches will pick up the pace a bit more so maybe it is something we can enjoy a little more in future

I think it is more like THTRobTaylor said;
Set them up as the new generation of Stone Cold(Ambrose), the Rock(Reigns) and Triple H(Rollins).

Obviously, it wouldn't be made so obvious in everything, and they won't all have the exact same qualities(in terms of Strengths and Weaknesses).

In this week's Michael Cole interview, Triple H put over Seth Rollins and his prospects big time. I can see him being a great heat magnet(something I saw from when I initially saw the Shield last year post-SummerSlam, I legit hated Rollins just as I had hated HHH over a decade ago).

I do hope that within the next year, with the right builds, WWE can have 4 Top Babyfaces to build the programming around, namely(Cena, Bryan, Ambrose, Reigns)...that is something I really wish for and I hope Wrestlemania 31 serves as huge push for that to actually happen.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back