Int Region, Seattle Subregion, Second Round: (2) The Rock vs. (18) Sgt. Slaughter

Who wins this match?

• The Rock

• Sgt. Slaughter

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a second round match in the International Region, Seattle Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington. Assume one week has passed since the first round matches.

key%20arena%20tickets.jpg

TheRock.jpg

#2. The Rock

Vs.

Sgt_Slaughter.jpg

#18. Sgt. Slaughter

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Slaughter had a strong character, and played the heel transitional champion well, but when it comes down to it, he's just not in the same league as The Rock. The Rock is a mega star, and possibly one of the most well known stars in history. He'd win here, I'm quite confident.

Rock gets this one here. Slaughter was a guy who lucked up and got the WWF title, he's up against one of the biggest international stars of all time here and in a regular singles match, Slaughter won't go over Rock.

Rock wins this... bigger overall star, bigger in terms of body, and as far as being GI Joe, that edge goes to Sgt Slaughter because he actually WAS GI Joe, but Rock's in the new movie alongside GI Joe, so that's a push.

I digress and say Rock hits a Rock Bottom and People's Elbow to win this in about 15 minutes.

Slaughter was good, but Rock is the bigger star here with much more success. Slaughter would get his shots in, but Rock would win this one easily.

Sgt Slaughter, a great character, that played a great heel due an historical context. However he is not on Rock's league, probably the most charismatic wrestler ever. Rock wins this in a 10-12 minute match.

I'm so happy Slaughter got into this round, I consider it a victory as I expected people to vote Hall over blindly without taking a step back and considering how much more Slaughter achieved.

It's all irrelevant now as he's never going over The Rock. Never. Rock absolutely should be considered one of the hardest to beat in this tournament. There isn't many easy decisions in the second round but this is one of them - Rock advances and goes one step closer to meeting Austin in the region finale if they can both keep their streaks going. Tough region though, Vader/Sammartino/Sting/Angle are the ones to beat for them.

The Sarge is finished in this tournament. I was always a fan of Sgt. Slaughter, dating back to his initial run in the old WWF. he was an awesome heel, he could go inside the ropes, and gave the then champ Bob Backlund all kinds of problems when he challenged him for the strap. He was equally good as a face, drawing HUGE crowds during his feud with the Iron Sheik.
In spite of all these accomplishments, he is going up against a bona fide Megastar in the Rock, a guy who not only had multiple title reigns during his prime, but came back some 10 years later, beat John Cena, and also beat CM Punk to end his long reign with the strap. Not for nothing, Rock deserves to be considered a legitimate favorite to win this whole thing..As far as the actual match is concerned, both guys unload a lot of offense on each other, but ultimately, a couple of rock bottoms(one won't take out Slaughter), end matters after a great match. The Rock had more success in a less than ten year span than Slaughter had in 20 plus years. Rock moves on.

Looking back I think we can all agree Slaughter had a great career and was a very good wrestler. However The Rock is a guy that gets so much attention that after wrestling about 2 matches in close to 9 years wins the WWE title. I think Rock wins after a reasonbly competitive match up

I enjoyed Slaughter's time as a heel in WWE. From the standpoint of a transitional champion, I thought he did a good job. His character was also incredibly controversial at that particular time, given all the issues with the first war in Iraq. He drew great heat and, all in all, it was probably when he was the most interesting, at least to me, in his career.

That being said, Slaughter is just outclassed in this match in just about every way. Whether it's star power, accomplishments, charisma, overall athleticism, in-ring ability, look, personality, etc. I think it'd be interesting to see these two in some sort of no disqualification match. Slaughter would have much more of a chance, though I still wouldn't pick him to win.

Rock moves on after nailing the Rock Bottom followed by the People's Elbow at the 8 to 10 minute mark.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back