Int Region, Seattle Subregion, First Round: (10) Kane vs. (23) The Miz

Who wins this match?

• Kane

• The Miz

Results are only viewable after voting.

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
This is a first round match in the International Region, Seattle Subregion. It is a standard one on one match held under International Rules, meaning the match is held under the standard rules of the country the match is held in. It will be held at the Key Arena in Seattle, Washington.

key%20arena%20tickets.jpg

220px-Kane_at_Raw_House_Show_2011.png

#10. Kane

Vs.

The-Miz-New-WWE-Champion1.jpg

#23. The Miz

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

Kane's prime began the second he ripped that Hell in a Cell door off its hinges at Badd Blood in 1997 (his debut, mind you). Miz is half a joke anyhow, but that Kane would absolutely annihilate The Miz, and that makes me happy. Kane has become a comic relief character time and time again, mainly because they blew their load with him in his first six months with the company, and did so with good reason. However, in his actual prime, Miz would be a dead man.

The Big Red ****** moves on.

Kane has been someone that can be put into the main event picture at anytime and any place. As Nick said, he's been a big deal in the WWE since his debut. There's only one other person that I can think of that has that same accolade and that's the Undertaker. Unfortunately for Kane, however, he's always going to live in 'Taker's shadow. That's not necessarily a bad thing, because Kane has consistently been one of the best workers in the WWE and absolutely one of the best big men in history. Kane can perform well in a variety of roles and he proves that every time we see him.

The Miz has one thing working for him and that's the fact that he was in the main event of WM 27 against Cena and he won. That's all that he has done that has meant anything. The Miz is a joke compared to Kane.

Kane goes over here without any problem.

Kane in 1997 annihilates Miz easily no matter what point in his career and no matter who is in his corner. Kane was an absolute monster at that point. Yes Miz is a former world champion but he comes no where close to Kane in his prime, his intensity was off the charts

Kane in 1997 annihilates Miz easily no matter what point in his career and no matter who is in his corner. Kane was an absolute monster at that point. Yes Miz is a former world champion but he comes no where close to Kane in his prime, his intensity was off the charts

At this point Kane has 2 primes, from 1997 - 1998, and 2010 when he was world champ. Either way Miz would have been fodder. Kane in 1998 dethroned Stone Cold during the height of his popularity, even if for one day that was still huge. Kane in 2010 defeated Undertaker 3 separate times on PPV and only lost the title in a Fatal Fourway TLC match, after Edge couldn't beat him one on one the PPV before.

If Edge couldn't beat Kane one on one in a big match, then Miz sure as shit wouldn't. Easy win for the Big Red Monster.

You know how I said Jeff Hardy is my least favorite guy in the tournament?

I take that back;

I fucking hate the Miz

Everything this man does is awful. Everything. He is entirely incapable of doing good things for wrestling, and he's absolutely unlikeable. And that would be great for a heel, but even when he's a heel, I can't believe in the guy. At all.

The perfect way to describe The Miz is a guy that plays professional wrestler. He isn't actually one, but he tries so hard. And it's legitimately painful to watch him to try; I'd rather be sodomized by elephants.

Kane wins here. Fuck you, Miz

I don't think this is as cut and dry as everyone seems to make it out to be. Kane after his debut was an absolute monster, just a true wrecking ball. He carried the momentum all the way until 1999. He won the WWE title from SCSA at KOTR 1998 but this was always a really lackluster accomplishment for me. It was a match that had just a ton of interference and you have Stone Cold, a guy who bleeds all the time, and Kane, a guy wearing a mask. Kane was basically guaranteed that win. Then (IIRC) he loses the title the very next night on Raw. What a gip! He later had a lot of tag team success and faced Undertaker at WM15.

For the next decade he was pretty much a mid carder that popped his head into the spotlight occasionally. When Kane cashed in MITB on Rey Mystrio that started what was the best title run of his career. Good wins over Undertaker and Edge before eventually dropping it to the later. It wasn't the longest reign ever but it showed a lot of promise.

Miz gets a LOT of hate that while I understand, I don't think all of it is warranted. I'm sorta indifferent on Miz, he's not my favorite but I do like watching him wrestle. He had a lengthy run as WWE champion beating Orton a couple of times, but most notably he did headline Wrestlemania and won! No, it wasn't a good mania match but he was trusted by the company to be there. He's fallen off quite a bit since then but I think he'll be back on top at some point.

I think by looking at the accomplishments on paper I would vote for miz. But Kane when on top really is a monster so he wins this one. I wouldn't count Miz out against a lot of others though.

There's absolutely no way that Miz can win here. In his career he has two big defining moments, winning the MitB briefcase and beating Cena at Mania 27. This victory was just in order to star the year long feud between Cena and Rock. A match that no one will remember.

On the other hand we have Kane who has one of the most shocking/impressive debuts, probably on of the biggest rivalries/storylines in the last 20 years and IS one of the greatest characters, most versatile wrestlers in the business.

Compare that to a completely let down, overhyped wrestler that doesn't fucking needs/deserves to use the figure four leg lock (sorry, I just hate Miz i using that).

Kane chokeslams Miz and goes to the next round.

The Big Red machine takes the victory here...In spite of the fact that John Mizanin has worked his ass off to get himself over.(obviously good enough to get a run with the WWE title), I cannot, in good concience, put Miz over Kane. Kane is a 20 plus year veteran who has put out his body on the line for all of those years and then some, and STILL continues to be a sure hand for the WWE. Yeah, Miz is decent on the stick, and yeah, Miz is much better than he was in the ring, but really,...REALLY????? Kane is a first class pro inside the ropes, and, not for nothing, Miz has no business going over here.

vote Kane

So when did Miz have his prime? Is it now? Was it for four months when he was champ? Is it still to come? So far I'm not impressed. Miz was looking good at the beginning of 2011 but that is now a distant memory. Kane goes over Miz pretty easily and if Miz doesn't pick things up he may not even make the tournament next year.

Big Red Monster vs. Reality star turned WWE Champion. Sure Kane's a former shell of himself, but during his terror in the Attitude Era, he scared little kids. Scared. Little. Kids. Miz couldn't scare my grandma.

Kane would set Miz on fire, be suspended for doing so, then come back two weeks later and just assault Miz with chokeslams, tombstones, and other assorted power moves.

Kane takes this... in a squash!

Easily Kane. A staple in the WWE since he debuted the character in 97. A guy that can carry the mid card, tag division, or be put in the main event when called upon. Miz had a short reign as champ, and really hasn't done anything else of note.

You know how I said Jeff Hardy is my least favorite guy in the tournament?

I take that back;

I fucking hate the Miz

Everything this man does is awful. Everything. He is entirely incapable of doing good things for wrestling, and he's absolutely unlikeable. And that would be great for a heel, but even when he's a heel, I can't believe in the guy. At all.

The perfect way to describe The Miz is a guy that plays professional wrestler. He isn't actually one, but he tries so hard. And it's legitimately painful to watch him to try; I'd rather be sodomized by elephants.

Kane wins here. Fuck you, Miz

This sums it up perfectly. Miz is absolutely shit. He doesn't look like a wrestler, he looks soft as shit, his moveset is dire and his attempts at playing a face recently is painful to see. He just isnt very good.

Kane is one of my favourite gimmicks of all time. In his intial run, he was an absolute monster, and should have had several world title reigns. Glen Jacobs has had an awesome WWE career, a sure fire Hall of Famer and he is a level above The Miz.

Winner = Kane

I'm surprised The Miz is getting so utterly decimated, given that he's headlined WrestleMania in the last two years, but it's probably the right result. Kane shouldn't have survived past WrestleMania XIV. The character screamed one off feud, yet not only did he carve a niche out for himself, he managed to make himself one of the biggest assets in the company.

The Miz, by contrast won the WWE title, then basically served as an extra as the feud between the Rock and Cena heated up. I think Kane has more popularity, more quality and is just a much better wrestler.

I'm with Tasty, shocked this isn't closer but I havn't for one second thought about voting Miz. Kane's dominance in his two primes was magnificent. I mean fuck, even wholly out of his prime in 2001 his performance in the Royal Rumble was that of a bonafide main event threat who could step back into it on any given day.

Miz is underrated here. His selling is good, he is expressive in the ring, he's crisp and tells a reasonable story in the ring. He is solid in the mic, has tons of charisma imo as a heel. I'm not telling people to like him, I'm just surprised he isn't getting more love on here. For me he's the most improved on the roster, he was utterly wank at first.

He has nothing to deal with the big red machine in kayfabe here, Kane demolishes and advances

Even with Alex Riley running interference, Miz would be decimated by Kane in his sadistic pomp. I don't have the hate for Mr Mizanin many are showing here but this match would run something along the lines of the Undertaker vs Ric Flair at WrestleMania - no amount of dirty tricks would derail his path of destruction.

The Miz walked in as the most important Champion to the biggest event of the year and beat the biggest name in all of wrestling at the time. When did those types of accomplishments become meaningless in this tournament? As soon as The Miz stepped in the ring I guess.

Look, I get it, I easily voted for Kane too. But if you are one those people that talks about championships, big wins, and primes The Miz should probably win here. Kane's initial run was frightening but so was Zeus'.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back