Int Region, Charlotte Subregion, First Round: (9) Dusty Rhodes vs. (24) Raven

Who Wins This Match?

• Dusty Rhodes

• Raven

Results are only viewable after voting.
I love Raven but there's only one winner here. As has been said Raven was a big fish in a small pond and never made it in the same way in the big leagues. Dusty on the other hand was at the top of the buisness and beat guys like Raven for years.

Dusty Rhodes for me.

Raven is a fish out of water in this match-up. Dusty Rhodes was an NWA (WCW precursor) legend, while Raven's forte was in a hardcore setting (oh how I miss Scottie Flamingo). Also, I think it goes without saying that in his prime, Dusty was exponentially more important/successful than Raven was in his own heyday. Rhodes wins by a country mile.

Raven was an entertaining character, and his reinvention from his ridiculous characters in the early 90s was very well handled, but let's be reasonable here. He was always a hardcore wrestler above all else and that isn't going to help him here. Nor is this the small time environment where he truly flourished.

Dusty Rhodes on the other hand is rightly considered a legend. What people perhaps forget with him is that he was the first wrestler to become a World Champion without any legitimate wrestling skills. To say that was a game changer in professional wrestling is an understatement. Dusty Rhodes might not be the blueprint for the modern day wrestler, but he's certainly a big part of that evolution, and he deserves to go over here.

This would be a very entertaining match, the promos leading up to it would be great, I liked Raven ok (ECW only really), but Dusty is a legend and would pull out the victory.

this is the wcw region not the ecw region making this one dusty rhodes's fight, if raven had access to weapons this would be different but without it the american dream wins this one

Raven. Simply put I like Raven better. Dusty is a bonafide WCW / WWE hall of famer. He's in his backyard with WCW and he is more supported than Raven is, but Raven ain't no spring chicken either. I think Dusty would put over Raven in this one as he connects better with the crowds today than Dusty does.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back