International Region, Charlotte, Second Round: (1) The Undertaker vs. (17) Rick Rude

Who Wins This Match?

• The Undertaker

• Rick Rude

Results are only viewable after voting.

Tastycles

Turn Bayley heel
This is a second round match in the International Region, Charlotte Subregion. It is a standard one on one match. It will be held at the Time Warner Cable Arena in Charlotte, North Carolina.

TIME_WARNER_CABLE_ARENA003%282%29.jpg

the-undertaker-in-long-black-coat-and-black-hat.jpg

#1. The Undertaker

Vs.

url

#17. Rick Rude

This match takes place one week after round 1.

Polls will be open for three days following a one day period for discussion. Voting will be based on who you feel is the greater of the two competitors. Post your reasons for why your pick should win below. Remember that this is non-spam and the most votes in the poll win. Any ties will be broken by the amount of posts of support for each candidate, with one vote per poster.

Also remember that this is a non-spam forum. If you post a response without giving a reason for your selection, it will be penalized for spam and deleted.

I think most will feel bad to vote against Rude. But the Undertaker is one of the best that has ever laced up the boots. I think that his ability, size, reputation and even the aura he bring to the ring will be far too much for Rude to handle.

Taker to advance.

Taker gets this one. Rude was excellent in the ring and on the mic, but, he was no Undertaker by any means.

Even if you count the WCW International World Championship as a title, Undertaker’s accolades stomp all over Rude’s. Rude won the title three times, two reigns which weren't that impressive in anyway. Undertaker, however, remains undefeated at wrestling’s biggest stage, a seven time World Champion, a staple of Smackdown for the better part of a decade, and a character that has lasted longer than just about any other wrestling gimmick in history. Rude will always be remembered for being that wrestler with tons of potential that never truly broke through the glass ceiling. But he’s going against The Undertaker here. Undertaker's accomplishments out-weight Rude’s in about every way possible. Although I love Rude as a performer, he doesn't match The Undertaker here and isn’t in his league.

Undertaker moves on.

Rude shocked everybody at WrestleMania V with an upset win over the semmingly unbeatable Ultimate Warrior. With that said, Rick Rude is just overmatched here. Taker is too big, too strong, and too agressive for Rude to handle. Taker isn't going to make a Warrior like mistake for Rude to capitalize on. Taker moves on.

Undertaker outclasses Rick in almost every single fashion when it comes to Professional Wrestling. Taker has the size, the strength, the technical ability, and his accolades rival the biggest legends in Professional Wrestling. Taker ate guys like Rude for breakfast, this is a no contest and Undertaker moves on.

Taker wins this in 12 minutes with a Tombstone Piledriver. But before the drop, Taker swings his hips around like Rude to spite him for good measure.

Rude shocked everybody at WrestleMania V with an upset win over the semmingly unbeatable Ultimate Warrior. With that said, Rick Rude is just overmatched here. Taker is too big, too strong, and too agressive for Rude to handle. Taker isn't going to make a Warrior like mistake for Rude to capitalize on. Taker moves on.

I want to vote for Rude, and that's one of the matches I have in mind that makes me consider voting for Rude. Also, let's not forget that he'll have The Weasel at ringside. Undertaker has been susceptible in the past to run-ins (Casket match with Yokozuna) and interference from managers (Boiler Room Brawl and Buried Alive with Mankind).

I'm not as sold on Taker advancing as everyone else is. Obviously Taker is the more accomplished pro wrestler, but this isn't a WWE ring, it's an International ring. Rude would arguably be able to connect more closely as a heel to an international crowd than Taker would as a face. That has to count for something.

I'm undecided right now, but I am leaning towards Rude (if for no other reason than I won't be able to vote for him later). I would encourage everyone else to consider the Heenan factor before ruling out Rude.

I want to vote for Rude, and that's one of the matches I have in mind that makes me consider voting for Rude. Also, let's not forget that he'll have The Weasel at ringside. Undertaker has been susceptible in the past to run-ins (Casket match with Yokozuna) and interference from managers (Boiler Room Brawl and Buried Alive with Mankind).

I'm not as sold on Taker advancing as everyone else is. Obviously Taker is the more accomplished pro wrestler, but this isn't a WWE ring, it's an International ring. Rude would arguably be able to connect more closely as a heel to an international crowd than Taker would as a face. That has to count for something.

I'm undecided right now, but I am leaning towards Rude (if for no other reason than I won't be able to vote for him later). I would encourage everyone else to consider the Heenan factor before ruling out Rude.

In a one on one knockout contest, ye taker all the way. If you take this is as a knockout tournament match with these two going in their prime, Taker can't lose. Taker doesn't lose to the Rick Rudes of this world, and thats the truth.

Taker marches on in a very competitive 15 minute match, and then chokeslams Heenan for good measure. Would put a smile on Patera's face.

It has to be Undertaker, all the way.

Rude was great, and should have been a proper World Champion, but he couldn;t get the job done against guys like The 'Taker.

The Dead Man has beaten pretty much anyone who ever stood across the ring from him, and has pinned far bigger, tougher and stronger men than Rick Rude, and I see no reason why the Ravishing One would be any different from the others who have fallen.

Rude puts up a good amount of offense, but Undertaker to win with a Tombstone after 13 minutes.

Winner: Undertaker

As good as Rude was, I see him being one of those heels that would eventually succumb in fear to the presence and mind games of The Undertaker. After all, The Undertaker is the most intimidating wrestler of all-time (kayfabe) and is damn near unbeatable in the ring. Just when was the last time Undertaker lost a match clean?

Rude was great but The Undertaker would be too much for him. I don't even see Rude getting that much offense in. The Undertaker deserves to get further than this and should do so with the opponent selected.

Undertaker is one of the greatest Superstars ever. That cannot be said about Rick Rude. Both of these guys have great gimmicks, but Undertaker has got mad over with his. Rude never won a world championship in a major organization. 'Taker has won many. You must give the nudge to 'Taker here for all of his great accomplishments.

Rick Rude had a pretty sensational body. You can affirm it yourself looking at the picture at the top. But then again:

undertaker.jpg

That picture, taken seemingly close to the age of 40 shows Taker wasn't exactly a slouch in that department, even if he never really cared much to show off his midriff.

Rick Rude was possibly, in fact probably a better promo guy than The Undertaker was:

[YOUTUBE]x_s3Vxg4X8Q[/YOUTUBE]

But once again, it's no runaway. Taker has delivered some gooduns in his time. But sure, on average, he's probably not on the same level there.

And that's it. He may be the better of Taker in those two categories, which in itself is quite debatable (particularly the first one, Taker had a hell of a look), but every other category you can imagine that decree one guy to be better than the other guy, Taker wins them all without thinking.

In the ring? Rude had some good matches, good performances, but you're comparing him to someone in the top ten of workers in the business' history. Character? Undertaker is probably THE best character ever conjured up. unquenchable, unending, a miracle in itself, because a gimmick like his really shouldn't work any more, but it just does. Tenure? OK, not Rude's fault, but the streak speaks for itself. Backstage? Undertaker might as well be nicknamed 'the general', the stories of his peer's respect for him are widespread and well known.

There's not enough about Rude better than Taker to justify voting him over here. And if you do, just contemplate what it is you're removing from the tournament, why and in place of what.

I think Rick Rude's feud with Warrior is my favourite Intercontinental title feud, and one of my favourite overall. Rude is an underrated wrestler in my eyes, and his ring attire is still incredibly unique, without making him look like a complete and utter Honky Tonk Man shaped twat.

However, this isn't a tournament to find my favourite wrestler, it's a tournament to crown the greatest, and it's hard to see how you can give this to anyone but The Undertaker. If The Undertaker won the WWE title tomorrow, that wouldn't be incredulous, and he has maintained this consistency without leaving the company. To be able to win the title 20 years after debuting is incredible. Hogan and Backlund came close to it, but they had both left to recharge elsewhere, nobody else though. Taker takes it.

Rick Rude was good, in that he made us all hate him, but we remember that he was good in the ring and on the mic. It's just too bad the undertaker is the greatest wrestler in the history of universe. Taker wins

Lousy luck for the Ravishing One. He's up against a guy that's always one of the big favorites to win this thing. Taker wins this and this is going to be a huge blowout. If Rude gets 10 votes, I'll be surprised.

Taker is just on a whole other level that Rude never even came close to reaching. Taker has beaten nearly every major name in profesional wrestling in the United States over the past 25 years. Hogan, Savage, HBK, Triple H, Stone Cold, The Rock, Jeff Hardy, Big Show, Randy Orton, Psycho Sid, Scott Steiner, CM Punk, Ric Flair and it goes on and on.

I see Rude giving a decent showing for himself in which he takes Taker to about the 10 minute mark. I the ending coming with Rude being hoisted up for the Tombstone but slips down over Taker's shoulder and, from behind, quickly hits the Rude Awakening. Instead of going for the quick cover, not that it would have kept Taker down anyway, Rude starts to pose & swivel his hips for about 10 seconds before going over to kneel down for the cover. As he does so, Taker grabs him by the throat and sits up before delivering a huge chokeslam. Taker then makes the throat cutting signal, picks Rude up and this time successfully plants him with the Tombstone. Taker moves on.

Well seeing as I'm the only person to vote Rude I may as well justify myself and put up some argument.
If this was Rude Vs Wrestlemania Undertaker then there's absolutely no question who wins, but this isn't Wrestlemania. It's a tournament and Undertaker has a miserable record in tournaments when he's bothered taking part in them. On top of that, it's not like Undertaker is unbeatable, he has lost plenty and to people with far less ability then Rick Rude (Hello JBL, Kennedy, Kozlov, Matt Hardy? Seriously? Twice?). You also have to keep in mind that Rick Rude is one of the few people to have a victory over The Ultimate Warrior. This shouldn't be as clear cut as it seems.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back