Injuries At BFG

Status
Not open for further replies.

NSL

Life's A Bitch, And Then You Mosh
At Bound For Glory, there was a lot of people banged up, and there were a lot of nasty looking bumps. In the opener, we all saw Daniels fall awkwardly, and take the worst spot of the night. in the end, he has a bruised neck (which is a problem because he's had surgery before), and a separated shoulder, which could really slow him down in the ring. We also saw Daffney take a nasty chokeslam from Abyss through a barbwire board on the outside. As a result, she has a broken arm.

Those are the most serious of the injuries, but there were also reports that Robert Roode was banged up, as well as a few other guys. What does this mean for TNA going forward?

I don't think it has an immediate effect, since Daffney isn't really an in-ring character, and apparently Roode is OK enough to wrestle tonight. Daniels might be the biggest injury, but people have recovered from worse in less time.

I think it starts to be a big problem if it happens at every pay-per-view for a few months. TNA is not going to stop doing Ultimate X matches, and they're not going to cut blood out of the show, but if people getting hurt, maybe they end up going the way of WWE, and limiting some wrestler's offensive movesets...

Daffney has a broken arm! Are you kidding me? My favorite Knockout is injured, man I hope she's not out for too long. As far as TNA limiting their wrestlers movesets go, it might not be such a bad idea. Like many others who watched BFG, you were proably on the edge of your seat like I was during the X match. But when Daniels took that nasty bump, I thought his career might be over. You have to remeber the reason why many people are watching TNA, and not WWE is because you see a bunch of amazing spots in TNA matches, and "holy shit" moments. You also get to see one thing that you will never see in WWE now a days for who knows how long, and that one thing is blood. But on the flip-side of that, if you have top stars getting serious injuries, then TNA officials might have to step in to, and prevent some of those risk-taking moves we all love to see.

The only possible upside to Daffney's broken arm, is that she can still appear on TV. She hasn't been in the ring for a while, and it'd actually help to advance the story between Dr. Stevie and Abyss.

As far as everything else you said, I agree that if it gets out of hand, management needs to step in, but looking at all of the dangerous spots, and only seeing one big-time injury (Daniels), I think that's a pretty good ratio. It could have been a lot worse, and no one likes seeing that, but it's not like we're going to see Beer Money in Full Metal Mayhem matches every week, or Daniels in Ultimate X matches at every PPV.

I think that TNA won't have to do much to help the roster. The injuries will happen when people push the envelope the way the TNA roster did at BFG. There aren't weekly Ultimate X or TLC matches in TNA. Those matches are built up based on danger, and no one ever gets hurt. Now, these matches seem more legit, so I think somewhere Dixie Carter is smiling. No one got hurt badly and the matches gained credibility.

Reactions: NSL
Like they say folks: This ain't ballet.

At least the guys in TNA go all out instead of WWE's guys where they get restrictions put on what they can do. Now ask yourself the question, what product would you rather see.

I think they came off pretty good considering the circumstances. Daniels was sorta a freak incident that came out pretty good. It seems it's nothing he can't fully recover from.

As for Roode and Daffney, "when in Rome..." as they say. Both of them were in dangerous matches (Full Metal Mayhem and Monster's Ball) and they paid the price for it. Roode still seems to work through it, which a good sign. And I love Daffney, but I enjoy the fact she's not gonna show up on my T.V with Dr. Stevie... Besides, it would have really sold that spot that she did if she took time off T.V afterwards.

I don't think TNA would ever limit the wrestler's movesets because of danger, because their very brand name is based around a bit more hardcore stuff. High flyers, crazy barbwire matches, the ultimate x, they got it all :D. Also if you'll remember, even with WWE limiting guys movesets, people still got hurt at the really big PPVs when they go all out for a match.

And really, limiting movesets only helps if you've got amateur wrestlers that don't know how to wrestle. If there's experienced wrestlers that are still doing crazy stuff, well stuff's going to happen regardless.

I don't think it is necessary to limit move sets or spots. What I would think is necessary is to make sure if someone is going to be taking a large bump, that they can take it properly.

Take Daffney's spot for example. That was definitely awesome and it took a lot of guts for her to take it, but I don't understand how she broke her arm taking it unless she bumped wrong and stuck her arm out/backwards to try to cushion her fall. It's hard to see on video especially since the hard camera missed it completely, but if you're going to take a dangerous bump like that, it's even more important to take it properly to avoid injury.

And if you're going to fall on your head from 12 feet up, I guess it's just important to be super man like Daniels and somehow avoid serious injury altogether.

That was definitely awesome and it took a lot of guts for her to take it, but I don't understand how she broke her arm taking it unless she bumped wrong and stuck her arm out/backwards to try to cushion her fall.

The only thing I can think of, is that she had her arms out, falling in the "spread eagle" position, and her arm clipped the guardrail. Considering she was on the apron, and then lifted in the air, it's plausible that she had enough force to break it that way.

If it's higher up, she may have landed awkwardly on her shoulders, and her arm snapped into the concrete and broke. There's no real details on how it happened.

I think her injury was just a freak accident. If Abyss thought the spot was too dangerous for her, or if she didn't want to take it, it wouldn't have happened. He could have just as easily pulled her into the ring and pulled off the move on the tacks.

Daffney's accident is why I am opposed to how close the fans are to the ring. On every corner of the six sides of the ring , the fans are no more then 4 feet (or so) away from the ring post. And it looks like it doesn't stretch much more than that on the flat stretches of land either.

In my honest opinion they should back things up one row of seats for better spots (High Flying & dangerous) and to make the place look a bit bigger too.

Any given person is :
1) More than 4 feet tall (Sorry there Hornswaggle)
2) arm lengths are about as long for any given person.

It was never about IF Daffney could take the bump, but WHERE she took it in logistics to her surroundings.

Side note: This is why ECW had an announce table next to the ring at one point so tables could be placed making the 'bridge' for spots.

Alright first off, the barbed wire board was kind of small, so Abyss actually moved the guard rail closer. I don't think the guard rails are too close normally.

And I actually don't think she clipped her arm on the rail. From the angle they showed where you could see her go through, it looks like she clears the rail.

Either way, it was an awesome spot.

Apparently the injuries suffered Sunday mean absolute shit. Daniels worked a taping Tuesday, and was great in that tag match. He didn't do any major spots, but with a separated shoulder, he did a lot better than I expected. I'm guessing he's expected to be 100% by Turning Point.

Daffney also must not be hurting too bad, if they're putting her in a handicapped match next week. Her and Stevie will be taking on Abyss, and while she obviously won't be a major factor, it'll be interesting to see what she does do on TV...

Daffney also must not be hurting too bad, if they're putting her in a handicapped match next week. Her and Stevie will be taking on Abyss, and while she obviously won't be a major factor, it'll be interesting to see what she does do on TV...

yeah this i'm wondering about as well.. will she be on impact next week or will they change it by next week?

yeah this i'm wondering about as well.. will she be on impact next week or will they change it by next week?

I'm sure they knew Tuesday that her arm was broken. There's going to be something planned, with either Abyss just beating on Stevie the whole time, while Daffney joins him, excited by his manhandling of her, or she'll use the cast as a weapon, and who knows what could happen then.

Essentially, it'll either be status quo, or we get a nice swerve.

That spot (the Daffney one) was fucking idiotic to be honest. It wasn't needed, and TNA didn't even get a decent shot of it with their cameras. They literally missed the spot. Stupid and pointless spot that limits one of their best female performers so the fans could have a three second "Holy shit!" moment that wasn't even that entertaining.

Kudos to Daffney for having the cojones to bump like that though, it only makes me love her more.

I'm sure they knew Tuesday that her arm was broken. There's going to be something planned, with either Abyss just beating on Stevie the whole time, while Daffney joins him, excited by his manhandling of her, or she'll use the cast as a weapon, and who knows what could happen then.

Essentially, it'll either be status quo, or we get a nice swerve.
i'm sure something maybe planed or even a quick write off to the daffney angel to the match.
but did they tape this edition of impact already or is that taping next week?

It wasn't needed

I'll agree it wasn't needed, but we're still talking about it. Something was done right. It proves her as the psychotic badass that she's been playing as Stevie's sidekick, and makes Abyss full on monster. We hated him as the teddy bear, and now we get to see him as a mindless freak.

I think they could have done better at getting it on camera, but it was still a well used spot.

there were many injuries in Bound For Glory. i was there, so i would know. if anyone

cares, i was the one, who was holding up the wrestlezone.com sign. anyway, when daffney

took that bump, it was weird cuz by side was hurting, but she is awesome, that right

there made me respect her. booker t is out of tna :disappointed:. daniels insane bump,

looked much more insane in person. overall, it was the best ppv i have ever seen.

from start to finish it was awesome.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back