Kurt Angle Is Working Through Injuries....Will Time Off Hurt TNA?

Mitch Henessey

Deploy the cow-catcher......
Staff member
ProWrestlng.net is reporting that TNA star Kurt Angle is working through back and calf injuries at the moment. He worked his match at Monday's Impact taping with his calf taped up, and he will reportedly be working a reduced house show schedule while he recovers from the injury. It's being said that Angle himself requested a lighter house show schedule anyways as he feels he needs time to recover, and there are some within TNA that feel he needs to be written off TV for awhile so that he can heal up from several nagging injuries.

So it seems Angle is pretty banged up at the moment. He's requesting a lighter schedule so he can heal. Angle is of course one of TNA's top stars, and ever since the Main Event Mafia ended he's been on a role. He's had some awesome feuds with Desmond Wolfe and AJ Styles, and his storyline with Hogan has been pretty good also.

If Angle is to take an extended leave of absence to heal, I wonder if it will hurt TNA? Angle is really the only vet that can still put on some pretty good/great matches in TNA, and he is one of the top guys in the company. With TNA getting ready to go head to head with WWE, Angle's absence might hurt them.

If Kurt takes a leave of absence from TNA will they suffer because of it?

Is it necessary to have Kurt right now or does TNA have enough to carry on without him? Thoughts?

I don't think him taking time off would hurt TNA as long as they keep him in the public eye. I think it would be good for him to be filmed training, excercising and trying to recouperate and when he makes his return he looks like the conquering hero. He is one of the their bigger stars and I give him all the credit in the world for wanting to work thorugh it to help the company. I think if he can pull throgh until the March 8th live show and leaves after that for a month or two or even 3 months if need be TNA will be fine. Like I said keep him in the public eye so when new fans tune in they see that Angle is still there and they will wait for his return.

As soon as i read the headline, I said to my self that it's bound to be Angle. He's the only guy likely to be injured at any given moment, and insane enough to work through the most extreme injuries. His tendancy to go 100%, 100% of the time leads to some kickass matches but it also wrecks his body. Hell in one house show match he ripped three muscles off the bone and continued to wrestle (then he got fired so he could sober up and sort his life and body out). Then a month or so later he signed with TNA.

The way I see it, Kurt Angle's Andre the Giant 2.0. In that they're both freaks of nature (Kurt for his mad skillz, Andre for being freakishly huge), who are peobably going to recieve a posthumous induction to the WWE HoF before they're eligible for a state pension.

And on topic, I dont think that him going would be terrible for TNA. They have a deep roster of stars that can fill in for him. Hell his absence could lead to the guys on the cusp of being in the ME being given a chance to take the ball and run with it. so, to answer the questions, no TNA wont suffer badly due to the lack of Angle (because they have more than enough guys that can bridge the gap where Angle can't appear) and Kurt isnt neccesary for the survival of Impact (because one man does not a successful show make. If TNA was dependent on angle, they'd fail anyway. With Angle taking a sabatical or not).

I think they will be ok. As long as Angle doesn't just take time off. Like disappear for a little while without reason explained on TV. Kind of like Sting does sometimes, or like when HBK and Taker take time off after Mania to heal and then they just show up on a random Monday ready for work. Have Angle written off TV in a beatdown from a rival or make some sort of huge angle showcasing a reason for time off. Like someone noted, show Angle training for a return. Air Promos and vignettes hyping Angle allowing fans to know what he is up to letting us know he is still around with the company.

I really dont think that Kurt will take some time off.I think that because he is just entering a feud with Anderson.And im sure that is he take some time off im sure he will take it as soon as he end his feud with Anderson.Maybe they will have a story line about Anderson almost ending his carrer and he takes some time off so after 2 months he comes back and he attacks anderson he we start all over.

I dont care if it hurts TNA, what's most important is that he realised he needed the time, asked for it and got given it. You can only imagine how things would be different if he had been given that time when he asked Vince.

Kurt will come back and he will be awesome as ever because he doesnt know how to suck. Props to TNA for making it happen.

He can take some time off the ring while still being on TV, they can do something with him just like what the WWF did with Austin after getting his neck injuiry at the 1997 SummerSlam, he won't wrestle on TV or on house show but still be available on TV tapings, of course occasionally giving people olympic slams won't hurt him much.

Major respect for Kurt Angle, for working through these injuries and being there for the company during a crucial time. TNA needs its biggest weapons if it wishes to start another war with the WWE, and Angle is one of them. This shows that a passion for the wrestling business still burns, white-hot, inside him.

If he needs to take some time off to work through these injuries, TNA is dumb not to give it to him though. Perhaps this current feud with Ken Anderson will lead to that. Down the road they may have a hardcore match, or street fight, where Ken "injures" Angle, and Angle is not seen for a while in a kayfabe sense. This makes Anderson look stronger for taking out a top star in Angle, and makes Angle the vengeful hero when he returns. They may be smart to build it up and save the "injury" for the March 8th show.

Major respect for Kurt Angle, for working through these injuries and being there for the company during a crucial time. TNA needs its biggest weapons if it wishes to start another war with the WWE, and Angle is one of them. This shows that a passion for the wrestling business still burns, white-hot, inside him.

If he needs to take some time off to work through these injuries, TNA is dumb not to give it to him though. Perhaps this current feud with Ken Anderson will lead to that. Down the road they may have a hardcore match, or street fight, where Ken "injures" Angle, and Angle is not seen for a while in a kayfabe sense. This makes Anderson look stronger for taking out a top star in Angle, and makes Angle the vengeful hero when he returns. They may be smart to build it up and save the "injury" for the March 8th show.

That is EXACTLY what I was planning on writing, so props to you. I believe that Angle taking time off will not hurt TNA so long as they properly put it into context.

Have Mr. Anderson eventually eliminate Angle and become a bigger heel than ever will help TNA while Angle recuperates. Say he takes a month off after being 'injured' on the 8th and then he comes back with a vengeance to screw Anderson at Lockdown and get a real hot feud out of it.

That would give the payoff a 'big match' feel. Furthemore, Anderson could rampage during the month off and firmly establish himself as the 2nd biggest heel behind AJ/Flair in TNA.

If this is done right, Angle's time off could actually HELP TNA.

I personally think that Angle needs to take more than just a month off. Again, you could use it as a way to build up another heel, but Angle has had so many injuries in the past that he's worked through that a month off, or a couple of months will allow him to come back and not risk further injury.

Angle taking time off if done properly can help TNA.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back