In his last 16 matches (TV/PPV/HouseShows), Seth Rollins is 1-15

Crocker

Dark Match Winner
His big victory against Sting was forgotten about by the announcers and massively undersold. I can't even remember The Miz losing this much in his title reign. Same for Edge, who are both cowardly heels.

Cowardly heels are supposed to be hard to beat, so that when they do get beaten, it actually means something. If someone went over Rollins it wouldn't mean anything because he's already lost so much. And I still think people will defend this despite the horrific booking(like Spidey).

Dating back to September 13th, WWE World Heavyweight Champion Seth Rollins has participated in 16 matches on television and house show events. Out of those 16 matches, Seth Rollins was defeated in 15 of them. His only victory was in his match against Sting at the Night of Champions event.

United States WWE Monday Night Raw
Oct 5th 2015 Bubba Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley def. (DQ) Kane & Seth Rollins

United States WWE WWE Live
Oct 4th 2015 John Cena (c) def. (pin) Seth Rollins street fight WWE United States Championship

United States WWE WWE Network Special - MSG Show Live
Oct 3rd 2015 John Cena (c) def. (pin) Seth Rollins steel cage WWE United States Championship

Oct 2nd 2015 John Cena (c) def. (pin) Seth Rollins WWE United States Championship

United States WWE Smackdown Taping
Sep 29th 2015 Bubba Ray Dudley & D-Von Dudley & Kane def. (pin) Big E & Kofi Kingston & Seth Rollins 6-person tag

Sep 27th 2015 John Cena (c) def. (pin) Seth Rollins WWE United States Championship

Sep 26th 2015 John Cena (c) def. (pin) Seth Rollins WWE United States Championship

Canada WWE WWE Live
Sep 25th 2015 John Cena (c) def. (pin) Seth Rollins WWE United States Championship

Sep 22nd 2015 Dean Ambrose def. (pin) Seth Rollins

Sep 21st 2015 John Cena (c) def. (pin) Seth Rollins WWE United States Championship

United States WWE Night of Champions '15
Sep 20th 2015 Seth Rollins (c) def. (pin) Sting WWE World Heavyweight Championship

United States WWE Night of Champions '15
Sep 20th 2015 John Cena def. (pin) Seth Rollins (c) WWE United States Championship
(title change)

Sep 19th 2015 John Cena def. (DQ) Seth Rollins (c) WWE United States Championship - WWE World Heavyweight Championship

Canada WWE WWE Live
Sep 18th 2015 Ryback def. (DQ) Seth Rollins

Sep 15th 2015 Dean Ambrose & Roman Reigns def. (pin) Seth Rollins & Sheamus

Sep 14th 2015 John Cena & Sting def. (sub) Seth Rollins & The Big Show

There's this really weird logic that they have that just because he has the belt, that's all that matters.

Some of those losses like the one to Ryback (?!) make no sense.

Same thing, quietly enough, also seems to be happening with New Day

Rollins booking hasn't been the greatest. He's gone from needing interference from Kane and J&J Security, to losing almost every match. He doesn't really look like WHC material does he.

I think this is all leading up to him having a meltdown though and a possible face turn. On the mic he's a great heel, but in the ring maybe not so much. I seriously used to look forward to Rollins when he was in a match, now yea I'll go have a cigarette while it's on.

Seems like a pretty reasonable record for a chicken shit heel. Rollins was never supposed to be a dominant champion. His whole shtick is remaining champion due to luck, not due to skill.

Seems like a pretty reasonable record for a chicken shit heel. Rollins was never supposed to be a dominant champion. His whole shtick is remaining champion due to luck, not due to skill.

Uh did u read my post? Miz and Edge didnt lose this much

1-15 isn't good for anyone but a jobber. That said, house shows often repeat the same matches/outcomes and "losing" by DQ is something heels have done for decades so the numbers are a little misleading. Also, how many of those did Kane interfere?

I'm not defending it, just saying it's misleading.

At the house shows the way they are getting around it is by saying it's a US title match. I was at the show in Toronto on September 25th, and it was announced right before the match, so we all knew Cena would win.

If it had been for the WHC belt it was obvious Rollins would have won, but yea like I said dismal record for the companies champion.

I can't believe you're counting house shows.. Shows that really don't matter to the overall product. It's just for the live audience and heels usually lose at house shows anyway.

Half of them are house shows.

At the house shows the way they are getting around it is by saying it's a US title match. I was at the show in Toronto on September 25th, and it was announced right before the match, so we all knew Cena would win.

If it had been for the WHC belt it was obvious Rollins would have won, but yea like I said dismal record for the companies champion.

Nice, i was at the same show. I thought it was advertised as a WWE Title match, but i guess they changed that last minute, just like Paige was suppose to be on the show but wasn't.

If you're going to mention me, at least show me where I've said I liked this booking decision.

You can't count house shows. Faces almost always win at those.

His record then changes to 1-8, which is still ridiculous for the WWE Champion.

Unfortunately, this is just how WWE books cowardly heels. There are positives and negatives to this type of booking.

Positives - Creates anticipation for the title change and for another wrestler to "get their hands on" the champion

Negatives - Devalues champion and championship.

As long as John Cena looks strong, who cares?

If you dont understand why he is loosing that much then you are just somebody who doesnt understand how WWE works at all. Sure its abysmal for a guy to lose that much and as a Champion he should be more protected eventhough cowardly heels lose more often but from storyline point of view its good because they are heading toward Authority losing faith in him and turning him face when they betray him. Though Authority is weird as heels with Stephanie going around in Boston and making cheap pops on behalf of Tom Brady who Rollins dismissed but thats Authority, they are weird and cant decide if they are heels or faces so they bounce back and forth depending on situation. Plus in WWEs twisted logic somehow when you lose that much you are bound to turn. So its just another indicator of him turning face. ;)

If their goal is to create dissension between the authority then why didn't Rollins brag about his clean victory over Sting and possibly retiring him? That shit would put him over huge..

But I'm thinking that their way of punishing him is by not having him mention it at all.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back