Backstage News on When John Cena Might Have Another WWE World Title Run

John McCass

You talkin' to me?
wrestlezone.com said:
According to F4WOnline.com, it's likely that if WWE does plan to give John Cena another run with the WWE World Title, which would tie Ric Flair's record of 16 title reigns, it won't be until 2016.
Prior to WWE announcing Sting vs Seth Rollins for the WWE World Title at Night of Champions, there was speculation Cena might be challenging for the title at the PPV, given the way he lost his United States title at SummerSlam.
However, WWE's goal as of several weeks ago, going back to before SummerSlam, was to keep Cena away from the WWE World Title and have it eventually go to Roman Reigns. Reigns would then face a number of challengers before Cena's shot comes back around.

So, John Cena's 16th title reign will come by 2016.

Ugh he's going to win his 16th title in the main event of WM 32 to "break attendance records". Please just kill me already

I guess we'll have to test if Reigns can survive a feud with Cena. I think Reigns is one of the only rising stars who are immune to Cena's destroying momentum, but its Cena so who knows what will happen to Reigns. Will be interesting to see how the crowd will react though. This might finally get Reigns over with the smarks if WWE books him right, or it might be Cena's heel turn to pass the torch to Reigns (I know that's a HUGE stretch, but I can still hope :shrug:)

I understand that they have the seating capacity, I want to know where the fans are going to come from and what they will come for.

There were a lot of blank spots from what I saw at WM 31.

Does Dallas love wrestling like they do the Cowboys?

I heard they're going to make it one of the biggest Wm's of all time. Bringing in all the part timers like Rock, Sting, Austin, etc. Its definitely not going to be a WM for rising stars like Reigns and Rollins. They're all taking a back seat

I understand that they have the seating capacity, I want to know where the fans are going to come from and what they will come for.

There were a lot of blank spots from what I saw at WM 31.

Does Dallas love wrestling like they do the Cowboys?

I was at Mania 31 and it was packed. I looked around and it was definitely sold out (no tarps anywhere). The red chairs would have made it very obvious if there were empty sections. I only saw one little place (2 rows, of 5 chairs each) that was empty. It was right behind the production area, so I assume this was on purpose.

I was at Mania 31 and it was packed. I looked around and it was definitely sold out (no tarps anywhere). The red chairs would have made it very obvious if there were empty sections. I only saw one little place (2 rows, of 5 chairs each) that was empty. It was right behind the production area, so I assume this was on purpose.

According to what I read there was over 4,000 tickets unsold one week before the event. The WWE announced it as a sell out anyway. That number didn't include the tickets that were bought by scalpers and went unsold as well. So God only knows how many scalpers ended up taking the hit and how many tickets they were left with.

If you looked at Levi Stadium during the event, it looked full, but a friend of mine flew over from England for Mania, and he noticed quite a few empty seats. I guess with the open air stadium and the bright sun it might have been hard to tell on TV that some of the seats were empty.

According to what I read there was over 4,000 tickets unsold one week before the event. The WWE announced it as a sell out anyway. That number didn't include the tickets that were bought by scalpers and went unsold as well. So God only knows how many scalpers ended up taking the hit and how many tickets they were left with.

If you looked at Levi Stadium during the event, it looked full, but a friend of mine flew over from England for Mania, and he noticed quite a few empty seats. I guess with the open air stadium and the bright sun it might have been hard to tell on TV that some of the seats were empty.

It was quite empty during the preshow (especially for the tag match) but got fully packed around the end of the ladder match or during the second match.

I remember that report and went into Mania thinking wow this is going to look bad with that many unsold seats (and it being very obvious due to the bright red seats). But the place seemed absolutely full. I don't know if they gave a bunch of tickets away or if that report was just plain wrong. Maybe I couldn't see the empty places from my seat but I doubt it.

See what I said about the resiliency of teenage rebellion? I took him step by step through how John Cena is marketed at his demographic as a villain to keep that age bracket watching the product, but he refuses to see it as anything but the evil John Cena taking a spot that should go to Someone Else.

Here's a thought- someone start up a Ponzi scheme, and I'll go around professional wrestling sites warning people about this huge dangerous scam someone's running. We'll be in Costa Rica and rich by this time next week.

I heard they're going to make it one of the biggest Wm's of all time. Bringing in all the part timers like Rock, Sting, Austin, etc. Its definitely not going to be a WM for rising stars like Reigns and Rollins. They're all taking a back seat

Hopefully that causes you to go to sleep on active train tracks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back