IMPACT Wrestling LD for 2/23/16 — Lockdown from the UK!

It's Damn Real!

The undisputed, undefeated TNA &
LIVE DISCUSSION for FEB 23 ’16

tna_iw_ld_header_2016.jpg

tna_iw_ld_bar_2016.jpg

LOCKDOWN '16

impact_022316-all.png

————————————————————

tna_iw_ld_footer_2016.jpg

Just turn Spud already. You know you're going to because only TNA would think turning a tiny guy heel in his home country to keep the title on Matt Hardy would be a good idea.

I'm getting started late, but holy fuck, that Tigre Uno cross body off the top of the cage is gonna be a highlight reel go-to for years!

I don't remember the last time I was this uninterested in TNA. I don't know if it's Josh being more annoying than Matt Striker could ever hope to be, the constant waiting on Kurt's retirement match, everyone turning heel or the fact that Matt Hardy is on top, but this show is getting harder and harder to sit through. It's not that the quality is horrible but I'm having a lot of trouble getting into any of the stories.

I don't remember the last time I was this uninterested in TNA. I don't know if it's Josh being more annoying than Matt Striker could ever hope to be, the constant waiting on Kurt's retirement match, everyone turning heel or the fact that Matt Hardy is on top, but this show is getting harder and harder to sit through. It's not that the quality is horrible but I'm having a lot of trouble getting into any of the stories.

It doesn't help that it feels like they're working with a roster of like 10 guys, & we're getting the same matches over & over & over again & again.

It doesn't help that it feels like they're working with a roster of like 10 guys, & we're getting the same matches over & over & over again & again.

Including but not limited to the Dollhouse vs. Beautiful People/Gail, Trevor Lee vs. Tigre Uno and how many times have we seen Hardy vs. Carter now?

Above all else though, it's the idea of having to wait months for Hardy to lose the title. It really does seem like we're just waiting on Matt vs. Jeff and if that takes six to eight months, so be it.

It's not like they have much choice, he & Tigre Uno are pretty much the entire X-Division at this point.

I mean I hear you, but Trevor Lee was initially attached to the company as a GFW talent and picking up, paying, and pushing him wasn't a foregone conclusion. Thankfully someone was smart enough to see that his combination of talent, youth, and upside would be idiocy to pass on, and they have apparently smartly tabbed him as an important future piece.

Yeah, there's a big future in Lee, and I love that TNA is using Helms in this type of role as a mouthpiece for him, too.

I thought the show was overal good. It is repetitive matches but quality matches nontheless. The Decay seem interesting. Maria is gorgeous and i wonder if she can wrestle as good as she looks.

A lot of what TNA is doing is solid. But they're a damaged brand. Probably beyond repair. The numbers of people watching is so bad.

I'm really impressed with EC3s' baby face work, he was essentially a face before he even turned so I'm glad TNA didn't fight it. I've always thought you can build anyone into a heel, but a true face the audience can get behind is something you need to invest in. I don't even remember a face that was this popular since maybe Aries during his big run. The best part is he has plenty of obstacles he can go through to build his character up before he even needs to touch the belt again.

I'm still not in love with Galloway in the world title picture, he's good at what he does but a guy like that might be better served having a run with the King of the Mountain belt. I'm looking forward to his match with Bennet though and hopes he proves me wrong.

Trevor Lee almost single handedly has me more interested in the XD than I can remember. He's the kind of young guy TNA needs more of, people they can build up and mold to be future players. he's unique from his moveset, to how he sells by moving his body so unorthodox. I'd like him to have a better dance partner than Uno, really makes me miss TJP.

Yeah it sucks viewership has been up and down, just keep trying to pump out the best product I guess. I've really enjoyed TNA since the move to POP.

I hope they can spin the raitings around. Now would be the best time to do so. RAW is good currently, LU is awesome, ROH is getting better and better. TNA is just that....TNA. I hope for them to change their image and get old & new viewers to watch. Time will tell.

When have you known me to spin numbers?

They're awful. They averaged 1.1 million eyes a week with Spike. They've lost nearly 80% of that audience and it hasn't come back.

I'm not sure it ever will.

Back in November 2011 (I believe), Impact hit 2 million. Think about that for a second. That's astounding.

Well, they peaked a few times around 1.8, 1.9, etc. But they averaged 1.1 to 1.2 weekly for like four years running, where it was rare they dropped below the 1M mark.

It's insane the market audience they've lost since then. And you can say it's the fault of the DA move, fine. At the time, that could be justified. But you've since moved back to a channel most people have. So what's the excuse? People just aren't watching.

It doesn't help that the channel they're on dedicates the bottom third of the screen to showing you what is on every other damn channel, so you know what else is one if you get bored, plus it's just plain annoying.

I've seen people say this, but I've never experienced it. For me, TNA broadcasts full screen. There is no scrolling third of the channel being taken over.

Well, they peaked a few times around 1.8, 1.9, etc. But they averaged 1.1 to 1.2 weekly for like four years running, where it was rare they dropped below the 1M mark.

It's insane the market audience they've lost since then. And you can say it's the fault of the DA move, fine. At the time, that could be justified. But you've since moved back to a channel most people have. So what's the excuse? People just aren't watching.

Indeed. Somehow it really does seem like we're just sitting around waiting on Jeff to get back. I don't know about you, but just hearing "Matt Hardy is the World Champion" really doesn't do anything for me and it's REALLY not helping them with the fans who think TNA is full of WWE rejects and old timers either.

It doesn't help that the channel they're on dedicates the bottom third of the screen to showing you what is on every other damn channel, so you know what else is one if you get bored, plus it's just plain annoying.

Not everyone gets that. It's not on mine.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back