IMPACT Wrestling LD for 07.07.11

Hogan runs the company. Anderson was with Immortal. Kinda easy to see how her can just insert himself into the match.

Immortal actually looks powerful now. And it was all done in the space of two weeks. Fuck's sake, whatever happened to the concept of a "build".

Not as good as last week; but still a bloody good show.

I'm hoping for Aries to get the contract on Sunday; if Doug Williams does indeed issue an open challenge then I'm calling Homicide to make a surprise appearance. Failing that I'll guess Red's masked character. Who wins in most of the other matches is pretty irrelevant since they're selling the spectacle instead of the feud. If I had to guess I'd say Kaz over Joe to further Joe's story, Abyss over Kendrick to keep the X-Division relevant, RVD over Lynn because there's no point having it the other way, and AJ over Danials to facilitate the later's heel turn.

Didn't Immortal spend a good deal of time trying to screw Anderson around every turn?

Err... Bully Ray tried to powerbomb him off the stage at one point but Hogan came out and broke it up in what I thought was a prelude to a swerve a couple of months ago.

Immortal has screwed with Anderson, Anderson has screwed with Immortal. I'm hoping that they can put that behind them now and work together for mutual gain. Makes the stable relevant again after the Jeff Hardy fiasco.

I liked last week's show immensely better. This show wasn't bad, but it didn't do much for me either. I'll still probably watch Destination X on Sunday night.

I liked the show thought it was good as expected though the 4 Corners wasn't as great as I thought it would be. I too question Anderson being with Immortal now.

Err... Bully Ray tried to powerbomb him off the stage at one point but Hogan came out and broke it up in what I thought was a prelude to a swerve a couple of months ago.

Immortal has screwed with Anderson, Anderson has screwed with Immortal. I'm hoping that they can put that behind them now and work together for mutual gain. Makes the stable relevant again after the Jeff Hardy fiasco.

I was also getting at the Genesis Main Event where Ken was forced to face Jeff immediately after winning the number one contendership.

(I can't take credit for these arguments, that goes to the Holy One whom educates me on TNA history)

But in truth, I wouldn't mind seeing them put the past behind them as I think having a strong main event heel lead (even if it's someone who sucks as bad as Anderson) will do nothing but good things for them. Still, you can't deny that their past doesn't make this an ideal marriage.

True enough; but I think that's quite clearly being acknowledged story-line wise. After he dropped Angle all of Immortal were still visibly mistrusting of Anderson.

I hate Immortal. I'm not sure I have ever hated a wrestling faction as much as I do this one. Such a mismatched, lowly group of misfits. When they're all together (Bubba, Steiner, Gunner, Abyss, Hogan, Bischoff, whoever), they look so random. Anderson joining doesn't change that.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's great, I'm a blind hater, blah, blah, blah....
128782570383741337.jpg

Reactions: TSG
I hate Immortal. I'm not sure I have ever hated a wrestling faction as much as I do this one. Such a mismatched, lowly group of misfits. When they're all together (Bubba, Steiner, Gunner, Abyss, Hogan, Bischoff, whoever), they look so random. Anderson joining doesn't change that.

Yeah, yeah, yeah, it's great, I'm a blind hater, blah, blah, blah....
128782570383741337.jpg

It does work better when groups have something in common. Let's take the nWo which is the model for this group. NWO with the original 3 (former WWF guys) = awesome. NWO adding Ted Dibiase as financeer=genius. nWo adding Eric Bischoff and allowing worthless craps like Scott Norton, Buff Bagwell, and Stevie Ray=terribleness to the 20th degree. The original incarnation of Immortal was ok as it was "elite" in some sense, but the second the group loses the feeling of being elite and that anyone can join, it tends to lose luster.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back