Imagine the day the wrestling dies, Vince McMahon?

TheLittleOne

Occasional Pre-Show
i recall the night Owen Hart tragically past away.. May 23rd 1999 Kemper Arena Kansas City Missouri.. we watched that promo, looked 4ward to OWEN HART goin over Godfather to regain his prestigious Intercontinental Championship Title.. promo over, we go to JR and King.. 20 secs later we all put down our BEERS and chips ( i was wit buddies freshman yr of high school) next night RAW is OWEN, that was hard.. REMEMBER..

yea if u were there watching remember how truly hard it was, tragic out of no where.. heck owen didnt spend years abusing steroids, and partying wit white powder.. i will not go in to any1 else.. but he was known to be hilarious on the road and a true professional in the ring.. but obviously was about to settle down at home since A. the wwf became everything he hated about the biz..B. 1997 & 1998 he made more $$ than his whole career which was talked about in detail in lawsuit if u heard.. he gave us fans so many great years of awesome WWE matches from 1989 -1999, that was tough. REMEMBER

Well for those of you who do remember, can you at all imagine what it will be like the day Vince McMahon passes away..!??.. yes he is human, but to us.. the hardcore, longtime fans he is the creator.. the man behind the man you beat to be the man, Man!..

anything, almost anything you think of in the wrestling industry he is behind it or involved in it someway.. even when he was commentating and my simple elementary school mind thought thats all he was, because Jack Tunney was the "president"!! darn was he so good, whether on Saturday Night's Main Event with Jesse The Body Ventura or Saturday Morning SUPERSTARS with Mr.Perfect or Roddy Piper & Macho Man.. or Monday Night PrimeTime pre RAW Post Heenan&Gorilla era hosting with Heenan or the table panel..
and later years on Monday Night RAW and many ppvs until 1998 he truly helped create heat and fuel storylines with his voice..people always say JR & King.. but i thought McMahon & Jesse or Heenan were better..

the days of WWWF before my time, pre 1985, which i obviously caught up on via vhs gowin up, he seemed to do EVERYTHING besides wrestle! jacked up in his suits known as SUPERMAN.. he could and did do everything in this company...

i personally have been fortunate to have worked with some of my heroes later in my life, from 2001-2005 i wrestled full time on the indies, mainly in NJ&NY&PA with a taste of the current 3rd company and one tryout in ovw for WWE, i never met him, it was a dream & goal until back surgery and new back injuries forced me to finish college and very unwillingly give up that DREAM... i worked with old timers alot, dibiase, doin ( bourne & apollo) santana, raven, traveled with chris c. & the opposite of cloudy!! they all and more told me great stories, when i drove i just shut up and listened but th best stories always involved VINCE.. he sounded like the most hard working man in the room, in the industry.. chris candido had one that stood out to me, he was stumbling to cut a promo for local TV house show promo, against a bigger badder babyface godwins and needed help.. vince comes over and says in that deep manly voice. " Henry, i will press slam you over my head and throw you into the seventh row of madison square garden because i'm a bodydonna and i can".. hmm thanks boss!
believe me i was no1, but a man earlier in my career become a corporate executive in 2005 and told me a great story about Mr.McMahon @ the gym.
he was workin out at the gym in titan tower after a long day of office work, with hunter and trips asked if it was ok if vince joined them..?? haha my friend who was an amazing under rated worker and a huge long time fan, said sure brother! hour later, 3 jakked ripped guys, just like any gym u see here in nj at primetime, there is vince doin cable crossovers for chest at the end of a chest / tri workout and and vince yells, " mike, mike tell me how old you are, " my buddy respondes 33, so vince yells well damnit, then i'm gunna do 33 reps.. which for a final set on cable crossovers with a single handle in each hand facing a mirror ( its the exercise which looks like a hulk hogan pose btw) vince is there yellin, growling, did his 33 and my friend knew if he was fired the next morning, he had done enough to be more than satisified!!

again i am no one important, but those were two 2nd hand stories that i got, if anyone else wants to share, please do.. we all know what we saw on tv and books and all of people's interviews.. i mean what do u really here bad??.. if u were dumb enough to believe the ramblings in the early 90's of cocaine filled juice bags claiming patt patterson forced them to "perform" in order to perform.. well i'm sure crazy parties happened, with big money, big shows, tv and magic but no one was forced..
i personally have no doubt that everything regarding steroids was almost true.. i just dont believe he forced anyone or bought it for them.. they knew how to get it, and of course it will help you.. YOUR on FREAKIN TV in TRUNKS.. unless u had a gimmick like the nasty boys or rey my, never mind rey was def in2 it.. but u get my point.. thats why he defeated the government in trial.. there was no proof he did anything, other than hire men who on their own bought & used steroids to enhance their physique & athletic abilities and healing time...

he is awesome, what else can i say .. he created so much that i loved, and will continue to enjoy.. i can just listen to the intro of survivor series 1990 and truly be freakin happy.. AAAAAXXXXXX , SMASHHHH DEMOLITION.. the ALLLLLLLL TUH MITT WARRIOR.... u get it, and if u never did go back on the NETWORK he created and listen & watch.. cole isn't 1/100 th of the announce Vince was.. man do i wish he would seriously just randomly do some raw or even smackdown or NXT episodes SHOCK US and just add his storytelling to the storytelling in the ring... i mean go back watch ROCKERS DEFEAT HARTS in GREAT MATCH for the TAG TITLES on SNME in 1990 which never aired due to rope break, it never got the commentary taped in and u can see it and feel VINCE IS MISSING.. today i can watch CESARO vs KEVIN OWENS and yes it is amazing, but on mute it is still amazing seriously today's commentary sucks. YES i do think i could do better, and so could many in that locker room.. maybe vince is ruining it with his backstage headset maybe not, during raw there are many using headsets with access to cole & jbl & byron..

i could go on and on and its Vince McMahon and he damn sure deserves it..

Your Fired!

You ruined Damnit, You Ruined it

alright

welcome everyone to the greatest city in the world today,
welcome everyone to the world's most famous arena,
welcome everyone to Monday Night RAWWWWWWWWWWWWWWW

his quotes truly i enjoy as much as the best of the best, i would love some of you to include your favorites, i cant really think of them right now, i'm gettin hungry and my girl is finished makin bangin grilled cheese with a half pound of vermont white cheddar.. hmmm

what say you?

Well, Vince sure is great...but I imagine he has a backup plan installed for the event of a massive heart attack or life ending limo exploding. Probably Stephanie taking over the business with Triple H in charge of the creative elements of Raw , Smackdown and NXT. Stephanie getting the final word on it all.

I loved Vince when he was involved heavily in all the storylines in the 90's....pure entertainment. Some of the gems that come to mind immediately....

Vince vs Stone Cold Steve Austin , the feud that turned things around for WWE vs WCW.

Vince vs DX , in the several incarnations.

Vince vs Hulk Hogan at Wrestlemania , very amusing match.

Vince vs HBK at Summerslam ? I think it was SS....HBK diving splash off the ladder through Vince inside a garbage can on top of a table.

Vince and Shane vs HBK and GOD .... God's entrance with Vince telling him to hurry up...very amusing.

Vince vs Shane in the ring and politics outside the ring.

Vince vs Donald Trump

Vince firing anyone...

And finally.....Vince McMahon's Kiss My Ass Club..... totally over the top fun , very funny stuff.

yea i would venture to say its a foregone conclusion vince has plans for the company once he is no longer with us..

i was hoping to really focus on what you think that day would be like, for example when Piper or Dusty died its like within one hour the news was on FOX NEWS CHANNEL on the ticker on the bottom along with cnn & msnbs , with live coverage the next day.. and every website has articles and videos popping up everywhere with comments and it feels like there is / was massive increased web traffic.. i would say Vince's death can shut down DOT COM..
and there will be so much NETWORK VIDEOS MADE..

thanks for sharing some Vince moments brother, yea he helped make the 90's into awesome times DX, AUSTIN, BRET, RAW, COMMENTARY, VOICE OVERS.. how could i forget to mention kiss my ass club!! groundbreaking!!

lets hear from more of you, every 1, this is VINCE MCMAHON.. can you imagine what the day would be like if / when he passes away??.. it is goin to happen, sadly, all of us one day..

i would def very much want to hear from AUSTIN, BRET, HBK, Flair, ANGLE, Hulk, ROCK, CENA, and my main point is when warrior passed, dusty then piper.. u slowly heard from all these dudes over the course of one or two weeks.. With VINCE MCMAHON i would imagine that would be all in one day and continue for LONG TIME...

?
ITS ME AUSTIN, IT WAS ME!

I think you'll find Shane will be in charge when vince goes. Just like when WWE send next talents off to 'gain experience elsewhere' I think vince has told Shane to go and learn about business elsewhere so when he comes back he can really run the place, with HHH and Stephanie primed to run the creative and marketing end. The 3 of them will run the business and it's always been the plan, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in his will or something.

I think you'll find Shane will be in charge when vince goes. Just like when WWE send next talents off to 'gain experience elsewhere' I think vince has told Shane to go and learn about business elsewhere so when he comes back he can really run the place, with HHH and Stephanie primed to run the creative and marketing end. The 3 of them will run the business and it's always been the plan, I wouldn't be surprised if it's in his will or something.

I have to disagree with that. If Vince wanted Shane to run the business after his passing he would be there now learning the ropes - he isn't, it is HHH and Stephanie and they will be the ones in form control when he has gone.

When Vince goes the entire wrestling world will mourn. It will be the biggest passing yet. Only Hogan would come close.

I have to disagree with this as well. Shane McMahon at the present time isn't involved with the WWE anymore. He runs his own company and by all accounts is very successful at it.

HHH and Stephanie McMahon are capable of running this company, and if NXT is anything to go by, might actually do a pretty good job of it. HHH knows what sells and what doesn't, and he's willing to make changes where Vince will not.

Shane might come back to help, but I haven't seen him on a WWE show now in forever, and don't forget Linda McMahon is still alive and kicking and she's not an idiot either.

It's nice to actually have a thread praising the man who made this whole damn thing (even this wrestling site) possible. Too many times I hear nothing but venom spewed towards Vinnie Mac including the despicable, "Why can't Vince just die already?" Only wrestling fans would wish death upon a man that gave them so many great memories because "we no entertained enuff!!!"

Vince was a genius when it came to the wrestling business, no doubt. On-screen he was probably the greatest heel of all time and helped to make people like Stone Cold, The Rock, even Mick Foley to an extent. He was never afraid to toe that line (often crossing it) in the name of survival and he was an integral part of building the WWE into one of the greatest brands in the world. One need look no further than Wrestlemania to see that the moniker "balls as big as grapefruits" is really no moniker at all. Who'll ever forget Vince Mcmahon welcoming the world to Wrestlemania in 1984? Who would have thought it would turn into what it ultimately has? Certainly not me.

At the end of the day, wrestling will live on even when Vince Mcmahon doesn't, but the day he dies will be a very sad day for all of us who grew up watching Vince and the WWE flourish.

Shane McMahon at the present time isn't involved with the WWE anymore.

Yes, and when it comes to the notion that Vince has planned for his eventual retirement (which probably means, his eventual death) the 'plan' is likely more simple than we might think. McMahon likely said: "My kids will take over." Period.

I would think it came as a total surprise to Vince when Shane announced he wanted to pursue his own path....and, because of it, Vince took even more to his son-in-law Paul once it became apparent Shane was really going to leave.

Personally, I doubt Shane will have any part of WWE once his father gives up the business.....and wouldn't be surprised if Vince said to his son: "If you leave now, don't plan on coming back after I buy the farm"......and possibly installed legal stipulations to protect Stephanie and Paul Levesque's position should Shane try to wedge his way back in. (Either that, or Vince said: "Any time you want back in, o' son of my loins.....we'll roll out the red carpet")

As it is, once Vince kicks the bucket, wrestling won't die. Instead, we'll see new developments.....and possibly innovations.....from Triple H that will leave us remembering Vince fondly, yet glad a man with old-school fundamentals combined with modern ideas is now running the joint.

LOL in the wrestling world you have 3 millionaires who started pro wrestling business The Crocketts , Mc Morons and The Jarretts . When wwe dies hopefully cause nothing will last GFW/TNA will be a force to reckon with , what comes around goes around WCW proved it as an underdog and if you don t wanna root for the underdog don t matter cause I see fans adverting and converting to a new promotion who are sick off wwe Jarret has the mind and reads wrestling fans what we want

It's nice to actually have a thread praising the man who made this whole damn thing (even this wrestling site) possible. Too many times I hear nothing but venom spewed towards Vinnie Mac including the despicable, "Why can't Vince just die already?" Only wrestling fans would wish death upon a man that gave them so many great memories because "we no entertained enuff!!!"

Because the pro wrestling business itself is a dirty business built on screwjobs, blood, steroids, nepotism, backstabbing, drugs. A dog-eat-dog world.
To be fair, you have to be ruthless and an asshole to be the #1 promoter, THE MAN in this business (Eric Bischoff made the mistake by becoming soft when he was on top letting Hogan, Nash etc. running things around) but that still doesn't change the fact that this doesn't make you a good person.

Yes, Vince gave us so many memories, but when you grow up you realize that there is a dark side.
Yes, Vince gave us Hulkamania but the price was ruining all the great talent who were buried just to promote Hulk Hogan as the superman.
Yes, Vince introduced to us many great characters like The Ultimate Warrior but later you found out why Warrior was actually that big and bulked up.
Yes, Vince gave us hundreds of characters and great moments but the reason why all these great characters (most of us consider them as childhood heroes) even appeared in WWE is because Vince killed all other promotions.

So I don't hate Vince or wish him death, I respect him for what he has done all these years but I fully understand why many people, even who are big WWE fans, dislike him

So I don't hate Vince or wish him death, I respect him for what he has done all these years but I fully understand why many people, even who are big WWE fans, dislike him

Oh I completely understand as well. My problem is not so much with fans who dislike Vince because of all the low-down things he's done in the past, but more so with the people who wish death upon a man simply because they blame him for the current product.

You can hate Vince, I'm not personally in-love with the man, but anybody who's watched the WWE for more than 5 years has to have at least some respect for all the man has done. There's a difference between disliking Vince Mcmahon because you think he's a shitty person and hating the man because you're not entertained enough. There's a saying I've heard before; you can't be a good businessman and a good person at the same time... I think Vince learned that a long time ago.

When that day comes, Vince should be honored by every major news outlet for the man and pioneer he is. He has been bashed time and time again and has walked through miles of shit to come out on top. He has helped create some of the biggest names in entertainment history and has made a major impact on people's lives, especially those of us who have watched as a young kid.
It will be a very sad day...and every employee that works for him should go out of their way to create the greatest, biggest heartfelt tribute possible. To say this business was Vince McMahon's life is an understatement..,its part of his soul.

Owens death hit me the hardest because of the circumstances.
Warriors was very sad as well because he was such a hero to everyone that watched him as a kid.
When Vince finally passes...I think his will be the most emotional...just because of what he has done for the business of pro wrestling/sports entertainment.

Vince McMahon will forever be recognised for bringing Sports Entertainment to the consciousness and making the WWWF/WWF/WWE the sucsess it has become.

No one can really ever deny that.

He took the best/most memorable talents from each territory to form his seemingly perfect roster.

He is a shrewd, ruthless marketeer and business man with no qualms about trampling over anyone else to get to where he desires him or his company to be.

However, Professional Wrestling existed long before him and will continue to exist long after he and indeed all of us have gone!

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back