"I'm Black, Where's my Championship Belt?"

I don't think the Michael Hayes incident was that big of a news item. The WWE doesn't need to cover for it, as I never saw anything about it on a national newscast or website that was not wrestling related. The IWC were the only one's who knew (or cared, Did AL Sharpton even know?) Does anyone honestly think the WWE was going to fool the IWC by putting three belts on three black guys? No, Kofi is super over, Shelton is the best athlete, and Mark Henry was the most logical choice to use to get Matt Hardy over.

Using the same logic, the WWE gave Punk the belt to let the IWC know that steroids are bad because he's straightedge.

Flash forward to 2008, and "coincidentally" after racially charged comments made by Michael Hayes to Mark Henry, the WWE is the embodiment of championship diversification.

I personally think that is a conicidence, I mean there is no reason put the business on the spot to say sorry to those that have been offended. There is a reason for each of these occurances, although you would probably need to look into it to see it.

Cryme Tyme rehired, in line for a major title push.

They are over with the fans, and they are now teaming with Cena. Basically them being over is the reason for this one.

Kofi Kingston, a relative rookie, wins the IC Title.

Hugely over with the fans, he has great wrestling skills. He won the belt because he is over, and he has been in line for this push for a while now.

Mark Henry, a perannial jobber to the stars, wins the ECW Title (maybe a year after Bobby Lashley held it).

They needed to get the belt back on ECW, Mark Henry was the only contender who was on that brand. Hence they give him the belt, just to fix the situation.

Shelton Benjamin, usually a permanent resident of the WWE dog house, wins the US Title.

I suspect this was to get the belt back on SD! and off of Hardy, who is now going for the ECW title gold.

You can see there is generally a particular reason for these things to occur.

I call bullshit on the theory that its all an appeasement.

WWE Title: The Rock has held it 7 times, all before Michael Hayes' comments. He is only half black...but we all know that half black people are considered black by the vast majority of Americans.

Booker T won the WWE World Heavyweight title before Michael Hayes' comments, after he won the WCW version of the title 4 times earlier. The Rock also held this belt twice. Its also the same belt Ron Simmons held.

The IC title has been held by Ahmed Johnson, The Rock twice, the Godfather, D-Lo Brown, Booker T, and Shelton Benjamin 3 times. All occurring prior to Michael Hayes' comments. As for current IC champion, Kofi Kingston, isn't he exactly the kind of wrestler that should be wearing it? Isn't the belt specifically designed to enhance midcard talent? Kofi is incredibly talented, over with the fans, and as stated before, Jericho and HBK had no reason to feud over it, so give it to someone else. Kofi got the belt because WWE management realized this kid is simply amazing to watch.

On to the history of the US title...black title holders include Bobo Brazil, Booker T four times, Orlando Jordan, Bobby Lashley and MVP, all before Michael Hayes' comments. Current title holder Shelton Benjamin is a previous IC title holder, Tag team title holder, and since Matt Hardy is in ECW chasing Mark Henry's ECW title, it needed a new champion. Why not Shelton Benjamin? He has always been on the bubble for getting gold, and while he hasn't been rewarded often with titles, he is always put in the MITB matches at Wrestlemania. Could it possibly be that management had been looking for a reason to put a belt around Shelton Benjamin for a while, and simply had to wait for storylines to play out? You know, like the MVP/Matt Hardy one that took like two years to do...

ECW title: obviously, Bobby Lashley was being groomed for one of the two real World title level belts, so he was given this to see what he could do with it. Mark Henry has it because Kane moved back to RAW, Big Show has no need for the ECW title, and they wanted someone to be able to dominate ECW for a while. Mark Henry is a good fit here, he is a believable middle World level champion, but not believable as either WWE or World Heavyweight champ. The ECW title is just about right for him. I have a feeling the WWE was planning this for a while, as well.

It just happens to be that the current title holders are black. You can't take away from Kofi for winning it his first night on RAW, Carlito won the US title his first night in the company against Cena, and then repeated the same feat against the same opponent for the IC title his first night on RAW. Its been done before. Kofi Kingston is just fun to watch, so they gave him a belt. Shelton Benjamin was due, Mark Henry was due. Cryme Time is getting a push now, but, its really just a continuation from their previous run with the company. They are so over with the fans, how could the WWE NOT put them on TV constantly? Their characters match well with Cena's, putting them together seems logical enough. Sometimes black champions are champions who just happen to be black, not champions because they are black.

I don't care what else you say, but what the fuck do you mean: "there just black so who cares?" I care. and if thats the case Ric Flair was shit. He was a decent wrestler at best. You shoul watch what you say because i see a lot of Michaels Hayes in you.

That's hilarious. Yeah they are just black people. In todays society different races are supposed to be equal. I'm no better than Mark Henry and he's no better than me. He really is just a black man. The same as I'm just a white man. Race shouldn't be important enough to point out.

You see a lot of Michale Hayes in me yet I didn't call Mark Henry a ******. I called him a black man. Which is exactly what he is. In fact I called him just a black man, because like I said race shouldn't be an issue.

Those wrestlers should get titl;es if they deserve or will be great. They won't so why should they get belts?

Quite the interesting subject, IMO Henry was the only one who benifitted. Henry hasent been a great wrestler and he is injury prone. They could ahve just as easy but the Big Show on ecw and made him a heel and noone would be the wiser.The wwe needed to apologize to Henry not the african american comunity. Period. Lest move on

Kofi is mad over and the aperfect person get the IC title out of Jerico's hands

Benjamin is conincidental. It is weird how he got no push and ened up US champ. The title could have gone to Kennedy but they wanted a heel, I just dont like the title picture. Who competed for the IC title on Raw. Benjamin, Kennedy, Hardy and Umaga. Look Familier. Same song and dance different show.

I just want to add that history should be ignored. The WWE is a northern US company that has international appeal. The reason that black title runs haven't been noted throughout the history of the business is that most promotions, historically, have been based in the south. And, despite my patriotism for down here, we, as a whole, haven't exactly been the most progressive area of the country as far as race relations go.

I don't think belts have much to do with anything really. You have to be more "over" (and you'll be better paid) to be the fourth guy in the main event scene than to be the Intercontinental champ. Maybe the WWE is giving some meaningless baubles out for PR reasons (and maybe the Obama factor comes into this) but really midcard belts mean nothing.

The real question is why aren't there more top black wrestlers. I think a part of it is the way black wrestlers are booked and positioned - almost always they are specifically "black." And (Nation of Domination angles aside) that will never play in the main event. For years Booker T was positioned like that, first in the Harlem Heat and then solo, as a specifically black wrestler. But eventually they stopped that, and he was positioned as a wrestler who just happened to be black. So instead of being that midcard guy with the funky dance moves he could be taken seriously, and he's been able to show what he can really do.

I think it's lazy writing basically that causes a glass ceiling for a lot of guys. A good current example would be Consequences Creed in TNA, running around with a huge 'fro and stupid clothes, doing a Mohammed Ali thing. I'm not saying the gimmick is necessarily a bad one, but it's obvious, it's specifically black, and he will never get past mid-card with it.

I just want to add that history should be ignored. The WWE is a northern US company that has international appeal. The reason that black title runs haven't been noted throughout the history of the business is that most promotions, historically, have been based in the south. And, despite my patriotism for down here, we, as a whole, haven't exactly been the most progressive area of the country as far as race relations go.

Well, I have to take issue with that. I am white and from Louisiana. I grew up on Mid South wrestling. Who were the two biggest stars down here at that time? Ernie Ladd and the Junkyard Dog. Both held numerous tag titles as well as the North American title, which was one of the most prestigous regional titles back then.

Those wrestlers should get titl;es if they deserve or will be great. They won't so why should they get belts?[/QUOTE]

Well, it's good to know you think NONE of the Black wrestlers will be great. I've had major problems the way you've been wording these statements, but it's not like I have the power to do anything about it, but I will say something. Maybe you think you're not offending any African-Americans, but you are. You keep saying things like, "the races should be equal" as if racism doesn't exist. Yeah, in society, the races are supposed to be equal, but any person who isn't ignorant knows it doesn't. Look at us now; discussing the credibility of these Black athletes because some racist asshole called Mark Henry the N-bomb. How dare this topic even come up! As a wrestling fan who is Black and who is a major fan of The Undertaker, I always wished that there were more African-American athletes so I didn't feel like I was watching a whites-only fraternity. Booker T was about the ONLY reason I ever watched WCW because he was the only Black wrestler not jobbing to every other wrestler on the card. When he finally got pushed it felt great to see an athlete of a different skin color being pushed. Until then, all Blacks in the business when I started watching were worthless squash fodder (Ice Train, Hardbody Harrison, Bobby Walker, Norman Smiley), bodyguards\butlers (Virgil, Mr. Hughes), mindless dumbasses who could barely talk (Zeus, Stevie Ray), stereotypes (Slick, Kamala, Kama\The Godfather) or charismatic and lovable losers (Junkyard Dog, Koko B. Ware). Booker T was a credible contender to every title in WCW and eventually the WWE. Soon, the Nation formed with Faarooq, Ahmed Johnson became the 1st IC champ, and Black men were actually considered credible threats instead of losers. Still, it was all in just one neat package, and when the stable broke up, they started going back into obscurity, and not mattering anymore. Only The Rock was able to stand out and join the big-time, yet he was still considered more Samoan than Black, and it was just him.

Now, finally, in a time where we have several credible contenders to break the race barrier, and where the guys who have the belts actually make sense, leave it to a few people to think, "Oh, well, the WWE is making up for Michael Hayes being a racist by just handing out titles to the nearest Black guy." Thanks for spitting on the hard work of Kofi Kingston, Shelton Benjamin, and Mark Henry. Thanks for saying that drug addicts like Jeff Hardy, John Morrsion, Mr. Kennedy and Umaga deserve yet more titles they've already held before even though they don't need them right now. Thanks for letting us know racism still exists no matter how much you want to deny it or be ignorant to it.

Sorry for sounding angry, but it's shit like this that make me want to stop watching wrestling and scream at the top of my lungs.

Well, it's good to know you think NONE of the Black wrestlers will be great.

I don't think any of the current champions are great. In fact all of them such. And it's obvious they're getting pushes based off their race. They shouldn't push Henry because he's black, they should push him because he's the best for the role. Which he isn't.

Is it a coincidence that we suddenly have an influx of black champions? Maybe but if you truly think that then maybe you're a little naive.

I'm not entirely sure where you got that ''Racism doesn't excist'' quate from. It does excist, I didn't say any different. What I said that black & white people are supposed to be equal, so don't I have a right to criticize WWE's choice of black champions? I sure as hell criticize the white ones.

I'm black, and with the sudden influx of black champions and pushes, I find myself tending to agree that WWE is trying to preserve their image after the Michael Hayes racist comments, in the new champions, there is only one I think that could actually deserve the title that he won that is Kofi Kingston, simply because he was on a hot push(ok, it was ECW) but as hot as possible anyway, and the IC title simply was NOT needed by Jericho, who only won it so Hardy could serve his suspension. Kofi needs the IC title in order to help elevate himself from the midcard, a couple months as champion with some solid feuds and he could be in the upper midcard- ME eventually.

Shelton Benjamin rocks in-ring, but we all know his limited (very) mic- skills, and though I would normally celebrate him winning a title and seem significant once more, it came off too abruptly with no build, barely any heat on the feud, which makes me believe even more that he was awarded the title just to make things seem better.

Now Mark Henry, the object of those comments, receives a midcard title after years of not winning a major singles championship and being almost irrelevant. I wonder why.How coincidental.

On the subject of Cryme tyme, though it may have been due to the comments, I think that rehiring them is doing nothing but help the company, they're a fairly popular act, charismatic, now only if we'd get to see whether or not they have much in-ring talent. They're also involved in a small stable with one of the biggest draws in Cena, being pushed to the moon so to say.

Does winning those titles under those circumstances devalue the prestige of the title? Hell yeah. In some of those cases (Mark Henry for one), I doubt they'd even be near the title if those comments weren't made.

Would be an awesome time to be in the WWE though.

If Mark Henry was a 150 pound cruiserweight, than nobody would have a problem with the title. He's been in the copmpany for 12 years. Not counting the European title, which was awarded to him in the first place and he lost it on his first title defence, this is the first time Henry has held any gold. Not even a tag title. Do you think that maybe, just maybe, he was due for a title run?

The title change I have a problem with is Matt Hardy dropping to Benjamin, after a year long fued with MVP just to get the title. Not saying Benjamin doesnt deserve it, but that title change seems more of a kneejerk reaction than Henry's.

It makes sense when you consider that the US Title is a Smackdown belt, and Matt Hardy is on the ECW roster. They are going to have Matt Hardy feud with Mark Henry for the ECW title, so Hardy keeping the US title around his waist isn't necessary. Given the lack of midlevel talent on Smackdown (it seems you are either main event, or jobber, with little inbetween) Shelton Benjamin was a logical choice for Hardy to drop the belt to.

Do you think that maybe, just maybe, he was due for a title run?

Err no. Does Hardcore Holly deserve an ECW title run because he's been with the WWE for years. Course not. He's terrible and there would be outrage if he got that belt. The only think Henry has going for him is his size. And even that wasn't important until Hayes got a little tipsy.

If they want to put titles on ethnic champions then maybe they should put them on wrestlers who fans will embrace and who will actually go good with them.

Hardcore Holly has held titles before. In 99, when the Hardcore title was a real title and not the joke that it later became, Holly held that title on numerous occiasions and was able to get over with the fans. Henry has NEVER hald a title. I'm not a big fan of the guy, but there have been worse champions in WWE who were a lot less deserving.

But I digress. I still maintain that Henry was NOT given the title due to race. Kane was being moved to Raw, so the title needed to stay in ECW. Plus, Kane is now in the main event picture on Raw. He was going to drop the title anyway.

wwe said in an announcment they were going to try to appeal to the african american culture more often the day after tht announcment they rehired crime time and promised for more blacks to get decent pushes for example:mark henry,kofi kingston,crime time and others i dont feel like naming

Hardcore Holly has held titles before. In 99, when the Hardcore title was a real title and not the joke that it later became, Holly held that title on numerous occiasions and was able to get over with the fans.

The hardcore title never meant shit. It was awared to Foley which is no way to start off a new title, it was then just passed around. One of The Godfathers Hoe's has held the title. It was never to be taken seriously.

Henry has NEVER hald a title.

Former European Champion. Which was a pointless title, yet it was still above him.

But I digress. I still maintain that Henry was NOT given the title due to race. Kane was being moved to Raw, so the title needed to stay in ECW. Plus, Kane is now in the main event picture on Raw. He was going to drop the title anyway.

It's very odd that he was nothing more than a glorified jobber, Hayes says something racist towards him and he then suddenly gets a push.

I'm not a big fan of the guy, but there have been worse champions in WWE who were a lot less deserving.

The Great Khali isn't white, and he was far more deserving that most.

First off, in 1999, the Hardcore title was treated as a serious title. It was awarded to Foley as a joke in late 98...It was defended in one on one matches at every PPV. After Crash won it and they came up with the 24/7 crap, then it became a joke.

Also, Mark Henry never won the European Title. Jeff Jarrett defeated DLo for it with the help of Henry. Jeff was also IC champ at the time, so he gave the title to Henry. Henry lost the title back to Dlo in his first title "defence". It was a title reign only on paper.

Great Khali had a run with a Major title. The ECW title is a midcard title.

Your point is ...Henry does not deserve a midcard title despite 12 years of service. Yet, Kofi Kingston, a rookie, gets the IC belt. The IWC has NO problem with that one because Kingston is a cruiserweight. How the hell is he more deserving than Henry?

I maintain that KIngston's title is more of a kneejerk reaction than Henry. Of course, everyone is going to disagree..Mark Henry has been getting blasted by the IWC for years..

First off, in 1999, the Hardcore title was treated as a serious title. It was awarded to Foley as a joke in late 98...It was defended in one on one matches at every PPV. After Crash won it and they came up with the 24/7 crap, then it became a joke.

You must have interpreted Al Snow & Hardcore Holly wrestling in a lake as serious then. Same with the Kennel From Hell match. None were serious, none were even supposed to be.

Also, Mark Henry never won the European Title. Jeff Jarrett defeated DLo for it with the help of Henry. Jeff was also IC champ at the time, so he gave the title to Henry. Henry lost the title back to Dlo in his first title "defence". It was a title reign only on paper.

A title reign on paper is still a title reign.

Great Khali had a run with a Major title. The ECW title is a midcard title.

ECW is a mid card title. But it's supposed to be the third most important title in the promotion.

Your point is ...Henry does not deserve a midcard title despite 12 years of service. Yet, Kofi Kingston, a rookie, gets the IC belt. The IWC has NO problem with that one because Kingston is a cruiserweight. How the hell is he more deserving than Henry?

Kingston isn't deserving at all. But it's not about being deserving, it about being the best option for the title. I don't see where the size difference comes into play. Being a cruiserweight doesn't mean you don't get criticism. The biggest name cruiserweight in the world get's more than most.

I maintain that KIngston's title is more of a kneejerk reaction than Henry. Of course, everyone is going to disagree..Mark Henry has been getting blasted by the IWC for years..

Rightfully so, he's shit.

Alright then, King Jake, which of the Ethinic wrestlers IS deserving? It's not like there are a lot of them to go around. According to your logic:

Kofi Kingston is too young and not embraced by the fans. (although I think you're watching RAW on mute; the fans love this kid!)

Shelton Benjamin is bad on the mic and the title reign "came out of nowhere."

Mark Henry has been "shit for 12 years."

Cryme Tyme hasn't gotten the tag titles yet, so you can't bitch about them. They could have very easily given the tag team titles to Cryme Tyme instead of Dibiase and Rhodes. The only other Black wrestler left is MVP, who held the U.S. title longer than anyone on in the WWE. Did he deserve that in your eyes? Or does his lack of a good finisher make him shit, too? By the way, Ezekiel is a bodyguard who's hasn't wrestled a match yet.

As for other ethnicities, where's Carlito? Was he over? Did he deserve the U.S. title over Shelton Benjamin? The Intercontinental title over Kofi Kingston? The ECW title over Mark Henry? Do you honestly think that Carlito would be better than any of the current champions? Frankly, I think Carlito's act is a litle tired, plus he bitches an awful lot compared to Mark Henry, who could have sued the WWE for A LOT for racial discrimination. As a good wrestler as he is, I don't think he's better for the ECW title than Mark Henry right now, and we've already seen him as both U.S. champion and Intercontinental champion. Chavo Guerrero has already been ECW champion, and people hated him. Is he better than Mark Henry?

What about The Great Khali? Would you rather him be ECW champ? At least Mark Henry can speak English, albeit a thick Texas accent. Or maybe he'd be a great U.S. champion! Or maybe Jimmy Wang Yang? Maybe they'll stop jobbing him and give him the U.S. title. That's pretty much it for ethnic wrestlers that the fans embrace (actually that's all of them PERIOD unless Paul Burchill counts because he's BRITISH), unless Ricky Ortiz is ready to be ECW champion.

I think you're looking for any reason to rack on the champions. Apparently you can't be new and over, you can't be a veteran of 12 years, and you can't be a tremendous athlete with star potential. Or in your case, you can't be Black. Please stop. Just stop, King Jake. You're not just stating your opinions, you're digging yourself a bigger and more prejudiced hole.

(Oh, and for the record, Hardcore Holly is also a multiple-time WWF Tag Team Champion. The Hardcore title had different moments, because The Undertaker, Tommy Dreamer, Bradshaw, Jeff Hardy, and Rob Van Dam made the Hardcore title a serious title during their reigns. Even the IC title had its "joke" period with Road Dogg, The Godfather, Goldust, and Val Venis)

I'll tell you what, you tell me who you feel are more deserving champions. Please. You like giving your opinions, so give it to us. Which wrestlers are better right now for Intercontinental, U.S., and ECW titles? Just give three other wrestlers for each belt. Maybe I'll give you more credit if I hear better reasons than, "they're not deserving because I say so."

First off I want to say that I'm 23 years old and I've been a fan of wrestling since the mid 80s. I'm also a black man myself. I never looked at professional wrestling in a black and white standpoint. I look at wrestling as who touches me the most.

Mark Henry - Not really the greatest wrestler you can find. But he has worked hard at what he possesses. But to be honest, I really have no problem with Mark Henry being the ECW champion. You have to look at it like this. ECW is the perfect champion for ECW at the current moment. He squashes opponents like Tommy Dreamer. But he's such a huge size and hard to beat that when he eventually loses it will make whoever beats him look like a huge monster face. And the longer he holds onto the title the bigger the moment will be when he loses the title. Now this could be good for Matt Hardy if he would somehow overcome the big monster. So Mark Henry makes a good champion. Does the racist remark made by Hayes have a lot to do with it? Maybe...at the same time, it seems fitting for Henry to be the champion on the third highest show.

Kofi Kingston - Perfect timing for this guy. It also brings something fresh for Raw, especially that he beat Y2J for the title, who is one of the biggest heels in the company. Y2J is working on being the biggest heel on Raw so having Kingston beat him gives Kingston somewhat a name. And now that he's successfully defending his IC title on a few occasions is making him look like a legitimate superstar. He has a lot of energy and he keeps the crowd into his matches. He fits the good champion at this time. Plus, him being black does give Raw fresh life, brings more black viewers and it also shows that Raw is really opening up to newcomers. Kofi has great potential and even though he is black, he is very athletic and has great potential. So why not give this guy a chance?

Sheldon Benjamin - I love this man...no homo. And he is currently one of the three best wrestlers in WWE, behind Edge and...actually, I put him second in WWE. Sheldon is amazing in the ring and when giving the spotlight he's going to run with it. Think about the first Money in the Bank match at Wrestlemania. Sheldon didn't have the greatest gimmick in the world but by the end of the match, he had the whole audience at the biggest show of the year chanting, "SHELDON! SHELDON! SHELDON!" With crowd thats dominated by white audience. But it wasn't a color to his praise, it was a chant for someone the people knew has TREMENDOUS potential to be something as big as WWE champ someday. He's fun to watch and now that he is the US champ, he will give that belt some more credibility. I think Sheldon Benjamin vs. Mr. Kennedy will be a great match for the Summerslam card. Sheldon is going to go as far as he takes himself.

M.V.P. - Has the potential to be the WWE champ in the next two years or so. He's not ready just yet. Give him more time on the mic with "M.V.P.'s Lounge" work on his mic skills, give him a long fued with Jeff Hardy to establish both stars. Let this fued last till the end of the year. This will elevate both stars. M.V.P. came a long ways from his 9 1/2 year prison sentence to being a multiple time champ. His charisma is where it needs to be to be the WWE champ and bring more of a new life to Raw. He doesn't remind me of The Rock but he reminds me of someone who can be his own character, which he already is. Let's see how far he takes his character.

Cryme Tyme - My favorite tag team currently in professional wrestling. I didn't know that by this time, even after being fired that they would come back and be so over with the fans. Cryme Tyme really made me love them after that segment that had with DX two years ago. That was one of the best segments I've ever seen in the 2000s. DX and Cryme Tyme really fed off each other. Then, I knew they were big at that time because the scene started off with DX and ended with Cryme Tyme. Then, their Mother's Day segment was a classic one too. Then, not to take away from their skills. They know how to get the crowd into the match. And now they're with Cena...CTC is really about to become household names in people's WWE conversation...shit they already are. I don't think they should win the titles just yet. Give it a few more months and have the crowd wait for that moment where they finally get over that hump. I can see a Cryme Tyme vs. Simply Priceless fued going to at least the end of this year.

Booker T - The greatest black wrestler in wrestling history. He was held back for so long. I don't think it had anything to do with him being black, I think it was more that he was a loyal WCW man. So that push Vince away for awhile. He's worked hard to get where he's at today, especially since he started as a tag team wrestler with Harlem Heat. There's not much needed to be said about him except he's respected by EVERY REAL wrestling fan around the world. ALL HAIL KING BOOKER!

Truthfully, there isn't a black man in the WWE that is deserving of a World Title push just yet. Let them keep building themselves up. I don't think Vince would have a problem with a black WWE or World Champion. I think he wants to make sure that whoever black wrestler wins one of those two main titles, that they're able to carry their respective show into higher grounds. A black champion will actually bring huge ratings, well not huge but better ones. But no one is ready yet. The closest to being ready is surprisingly Sheldon Benjamin. Who by the end of his career will be the greatest black wrestler of all-time.

And shoutout to the man who help paved black wrestlers.......DAMN!

Personally, I think that if Michael "Racist" Hayes didn't make the comments he did, than Mark Henry and Shelton Benjamin wouldn't be holding gold(or silver) at the moment, but I do think that Kofi was given the IC title because WWE truly believes he has a bright future, and he would have won the title regardless of Hayes' comments. The real question is: Is this in good taste? If you look at it one way, you would think that this makes the WWE appear even more racist because their mentality may be: "Okay, this wrestler is black, give him a belt right now", which seems like they had to be forced to do something like give a belt to a few black wrestlers. If you look at it the other way, it seems like WWE is doing the right thing by acknowledging their African-American audience and pushing stars that may interest them to watch WWE programming more often.

In my opinion(what? He didn't use IMO!), the best thing to come out of this is Shelton Benjamin winning the U.S. title, the WWE may have been forced to give him the title, but Shelton has got a chance to prove that he can be more than just a Jobber/Midcarder. The WWE has handed him the ball, and he should run with it, he is an hell of an athlete that can put on excellent matches, and this may be his last opportunity to prove he got what it takes before the WWE shuts the lights out on him for good.

Alright then, King Jake, which of the Ethinic wrestlers IS deserving? It's not like there are a lot of them to go around. According to your logic:

In WWE or in WWE & TNA? In WWE you really don't have many options. But there is Umaga, MVP & Rey Mysterio. Those are the only wrestlers currently who are a different race to myself that I think are worthy of say the ECW title.

Kofi Kingston is too young and not embraced by the fans. (although I think you're watching RAW on mute; the fans love this kid!)

I didn't say the fans didn't like him. He get's a good reaction. I said there were better options for the title.

Shelton Benjamin is bad on the mic and the title reign "came out of nowhere."

Well yeah, times 2. He's poor on the mic and his push did come from nowhere. What exactly was he doing or who was he feuding with before he won that title? Having matches with kofi Kingston isn't exactly feuding.

Mark Henry has been "shit for 12 years."

Well he's probably been shit for a lot longer than that. I hear he's awful at making spaghetti bolognese. But as a wrestler who can adjust it to ''shit for 13 years'' if we include training. Or we can eliminate a couple of years if you wish. He's been injured that much his 12 year career ammounts to 6 in injury free time.

Cryme Tyme hasn't gotten the tag titles yet, so you can't bitch about them.

I like the fact that they're pushing Cryme Tyme with Cena.

They could have very easily given the tag team titles to Cryme Tyme instead of Dibiase and Rhodes.

Easily. What's your point? Rhodes & Dibiase are better for the titles. They can wrestle, which Cryme Tyme can't. The previous champs were faces so it's nice to change on occasion. And they aren't comedy wrestlers.

The only other Black wrestler left is MVP, who held the U.S. title longer than anyone on in the WWE. Did he deserve that in your eyes?

Like everyone I didn't think MVP was worthy to face Benoit & Mania 23. But he converted me towards the end. His reign came to an anticlimatic end though. But out of all the black wrestlers in WWE I think he'll be something special.

Or does his lack of a good finisher make him shit, too?

That kick to the face is one of the most logical moves in wrestling. Shame Orton perfected it.

I don't think Mark Henry has a shit finisher either. He's a fat ass, who do you think I expect him to do?

By the way, Ezekiel is a bodyguard who's hasn't wrestled a match yet.

I know. I judge his ability when I've seen him wrestle. If he's poor I'll say so. Irrespective of if he's black or not. Because I'm aware that being a poor wrestler isn't to do with race. It's do do with ability.

As for other ethnicities, where's Carlito?

In the dog house?

Was he over?

He was. Don't ask me why.

Did he deserve the U.S. title over Shelton Benjamin?

Well he was on TV more than him in the months leading up to Sheltons title win. So I'll say yes if WWE insisted on having an ethnic wrestler. But I would have chose Kennedy myself.

The Intercontinental title over Kofi Kingston?

Different brands but yes, easily.

The ECW title over Mark Henry?

No. That title should have gone from Kane to Matt Hardy. Matt is going to be the main star of the brand, so it would help him more if he defeated a bigger more credible champion, that be Kane. It would have also been the perfect way to start Kane's heel turn.

Do you honestly think that Carlito would be better than any of the current champions?

I think that the titles should go to the wrestler that will do the most with the title. So no to Carlito.

Frankly, I think Carlito's act is a litle tired, plus he bitches an awful lot compared to Mark Henry, who could have sued the WWE for A LOT for racial discrimination.

He could have. But WWE but a belt on him presumably so he kept his mouth shut.

As a good wrestler as he is, I don't think he's better for the ECW title than Mark Henry right now, and we've already seen him as both U.S. champion and Intercontinental champion.

Certainly not. Henry is a better option than Carlito. But Matt Hardy or Kane were a better option than Henry.

Chavo Guerrero has already been ECW champion, and people hated him.

He's a heel, surley the idea.

Is he better than Mark Henry?

Nope. Terrible champion.

What about The Great Khali? Would you rather him be ECW champ?

Yes. Because Khali is over &was getting a slight push, as opposed to Henry's non-push.

At least Mark Henry can speak English, albeit a thick Texas accent.

Henry has now got a manager even though both of them speak English. At least WWE have the confidence in Khali to let him speak when they want him to make a point.

Why exactly did WWE brink back Tony Atlas anyway? There's currently a lot of black wrestlers & personalities getting pushes as of late. Maybe it's all down to the Hayes racial incident. What do you think? It's not like Atlas is a great talker, or even that much of a legend.

Or maybe he'd be a great U.S. champion!

Henry would make a great US Champion.

Or maybe Jimmy Wang Yang? Maybe they'll stop jobbing him and give him the U.S. title.

Now come on, the kids don't like him that much.

That's pretty much it for ethnic wrestlers that the fans embrace (actually that's all of them PERIOD unless Paul Burchill counts because he's BRITISH),

Birchill is white, silly. But there might be some prejudice because he's English.

unless Ricky Ortiz is ready to be ECW champion.

He's not, but maybe he's another example of WWE pushing somebody so they don't look racist.

I think you're looking for any reason to rack on the champions.

Surley there are champions that you currently think aren't worthy?

Apparently you can't be new and over,

You can. But can you honestly say that Kingston was the best option as an IC Champ?

you can't be a veteran of 12 years,

If he hasn't got it (it being wrestling) in his previous 12 years then he isn't going to get it now.

and you can't be a tremendous athlete with star potential.

Shelton has start potential. But potential isn't nothing if you don't use it.

Or in your case, you can't be Black.

I'd be more than happy with MVP as a world champion, Henry as a mid card champion and I couldn't care less if Cryme Tyme become tag champions.

Please stop. Just stop, King Jake. You're not just stating your opinions, you're digging yourself a bigger and more prejudiced hole.

Not in the slightest. You've taken offence because I've said that WWE's current black champions don't deserve titles, and because they've only been given them for an obvious reason. Which I believe.

This thread is about black champions. So what exactly do you want me to say in this thread? I think that each is great because they're black and I couldn't possibly say otherwise, in fear of getting called racist.

I suggest you try to find a thread where I mock all the other white champions. There are plenty.

I'll tell you what, you tell me who you feel are more deserving champions.

I'm not just on about deserving champions. I'm on about who is the best option for the title. Deserving really shouldn't come into play.

Please. You like giving your opinions,

It is the whole point of a forum after all.

so give it to us. Which wrestlers are better right now for Intercontinental, U.S., and ECW titles? Just give three other wrestlers for each belt. Maybe I'll give you more credit if I hear better reasons than, "they're not deserving because I say so."

I've given you an example of who I thought should be ECW champion.

But as of Night Of Champions Punk should have defeated Jericho. He needed building up before he cashed in his MITB title shot. But that didn't happen as he won the WHC the next night. So what I would have done is have a battle royal and have Cade win. He's getting more of a push then Kingston anyway, and the title would elevate him more.

Kennedy needs a mid card title on Smackdown to build him up from what have been a shitty 18 months for him. I don't care if Shelton is champion. But WWE need to push him hard, and continue the push once he loses the title.

I hope people aint taking to seriously i mean common
can you really see the biggest wrestling organisation in the world
purposely leaving black mixed race wrestlers out of the title runnings on purpose?

As i remember at the hall of fame i think it was The Rocks dad said something along the lines if your good enough whther your mixed race or black or from any ethnic background you'll make it in the business? something along them lines.

Jimmy fly snuka had a successful carear, Great Khali as been wwe champion, Umaga as had a great role in the wwe along with rikishi and all the other samoans, the rock (awsome carear) even DLO brown as had his moments, in some ways this wrestler as never been over looked Big Daddy V,
Bobby Lashley became champion in his time. Tajiri and tak minichoku was also used well when they wrestled in wwe

But no offence intended what black superstars have the potential to be world champions?
i dont follow alot of the indy circuits so it would be good to hear

Right now, at least to me, this sudden rise of African American wrestlers is due to Michael Hayes, but not entirely. When Henry won the ECW title, it sort of fit due to him being dominant on ECW far before the Hayes incident came up. He's been pushed for a good many years in WWE as a "major force", but has never broken through. Vince has always wanted to push him but never all the way. The Hayes incident seemed to just be the final push over the edge that Henry needed to get the title. As for everyone else, it could be argued either way. Kofi is a young guy who's star is on the rise and the IC belt is supposed to be the midcard title. Shelton has had midcard title reigns before and had been getting a push for a good while. Cryme Tyme had been hired back before Hayes was suspended and as weak as the tag division is and due to their populatiry, how could they not go to the top of the division? It certainly seems odd that all this is happening at once, but look around. The WWE is changing. Until last night, the oldest Raw champion was 29 years old. Hayes was probably responsible for some of what's going on, but I can't believe he's the sole reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back