If YOU owned TNA, what would you do?

Poop Master Flex

Mid-Card Championship Winner
A simple question, but seeing how much hate TNA is getting these days I figured it was a good question to ask (once again, if this has been done my apologies).

For a good while now the IWC has been complaining about TNA and where the product is heading (I admit I am one of them) and I for one am sick and tired of complaining about it.

This thread isn't about talking about TNA's shortcoming or how its WCW2.0, this thread isn't about badmouthing or defending TNA's actions, but since most seem to have an opinion I want to know what you would do if you were in charge of TNA. Most of us don't want a monopoly and constantly trashing the product isn't gonna help anything anyways (even though I think its heading straight for an iceberg I'm not gonna get pissed about it anymore), so thats why I ask this question, with the current roster and the current state of TNA, what would you do to make the product more interesting, better, and also what would you do in terms of competing with vince, would you try not to, would you take it right to him, let me know.

Most of us have spent time bitching about it, now lets get some useful ideas going into how we think the product could be better and how it could be improved? Any thoughts or opinions are welcome!

First off I'd get the hell off Monday nights and realize that TNA isn't there yet. People aren't going to chose TNA over WWE right now and putting it head to head with RAW is alienating potential viewers that would watch on thursday or another night.

Second I'd try for another hour of programming to showcase the guys that have been lost in the shuffle of things since Jan 4 and all the new additions.

There are some people that I would cut because I just plain don't like them and think they bring nothing to the table like Orlando Jordan, Bubba The Crap Sponge, and Sean Morley. I would also get rid of the The Nasty Boys and not let Flair and Hogan get in the ring again anytime soon.

I don't want to give a stereotypical WWE reject response, but there were some good acquisitions and some bad. RVD and Jeff Hardy are great for TNA and the both of them in the title picture will be cool. I would continue to push Desmond Wolfe and Pope as I really like what they're doin with them right now.

I would try to get more tv time no matter what it takes, if I wasn't able to secure an hour for another night than i would be forced to go back to Thursday Nights, because there Monday Night shows are so crammed and filled with new Debuts that the homegrown talent is getting buried.

They need to trim the fat and get rid of the talents they don't need. I'm not going to say who because some people for some reason on these forums like them. I would fire Ed and Russo and let Bischoff take complete control over creative. I like some of Russo's angles but most the time it results in no wrestling..

I would sell TNA for a bag of popcorn and a soda. That's all its worth. To steal a catchphrase...Do Not Believe the Hype. WCW was in much better shape to take on the WWE and eventually they fell flat on thier face.

Even though I like a lot of what Hogan and Bischoff have done, the first thing I would do is throw huge amounts of money at Paul Heyman to run the show. I know he's done with wrestling, but if we're living in a world where I own TNA, why not shoot for the stars?

There are numerous wrestlers who should be fired, either because they are never used or just are not very good. The Nasty Boys, Sean Morley, Jimmy Hart, Orlando Jones, etc.

I would re-name the Global title, make it the TV title or the North American title, something like that. How is the Global title any different than the World title?

I would move from Mondays, either to Wednesday or Thursday. Or, if TNA stayed on Monday, I would move the show to 8-10. I would also create a new show just for the X Divison and create an X Divison Tag Team Title.

As for storylines, I would have a new 4 Horseman group which consists of AJ, Wolfe, Beer Money, and Flair as manager. Matt Morgan would also be a possible addition. I would bring back Samoa Joe with the nation of violence, except really let him run with it this time. Make it like the Straight Edge Society, and put it guys who have stupid gimmicks now (I'm thinking of Jay Lethat specifically).

1. Huge roster cuts. I'm talking about trimming alot of fat here.
Brutus Magnus, Bubba the love sponge, Don West, Doug Williams, Dr. Stevie, Jay Lethal (either fire him or he gets a new gimmick) Jesse Neal, Jimmy Hart, Kaz, Kiyoshi, Nasty Boys, Orlando Jordan, Raven, Rhino, Rob Terry, Sharkboy, and Tomko (Unless he gets in shape.)

2. Hogan and Flair out of the ring. Its obvious people dont want to see that (the .8 rating.) Flair with AJ is good keep that going. And Hogan and Abyss never talk to each other again on the show. I would shut Abyss up and turn him back into a monster. He is a terrible actor.

3. Move to Tuesday Nights and go from 6-8. That gives you 1 hour to convince people to stay on Impact rather then turn to NXT...which shouldnt be too hard
(Even though I have already watched NXT more then I ever watched ECW.)

4. Push the Women and XDivision.
(In my opinion the Knockouts are entertaining, give them a singles match, and tag match every show. And not a WWE type match, give them 10-15 minutes.)

5. Someone else said it, but start up an XDivision tag team division. If the Knockouts get tag titles why not the XDivision.

6. Slim the storylines down. Samoa Joe got kidnapped and now has been gone for what 3 weeks, why couldnt he be gone for a week and then reveal what happened. How is TNA not going to use Joe to try and compete WWE. (STUPID)

7. BOUND FOR GLORY...SET UP STING VS. FLAIR

8. Someone else said this to, but change the name of the Global title, and push it, until reading these earlier post, I forgot all about it.

9. With the 2 hour show on Tuesday, I would push for a 1 hour show on Thursdays to compete with Superstars. This would be the show where you could push the XDivision tag team, and further big storylines.

10. Both shows go LIVE every episode.

First I would start Impact! an hour before RAW, whether that means adding and extra hour, which I would prefer, or just moving up the start time. Lets face it, the only TNA is going to steal fans from RAW is if they are already watching Impact!

Secondly I would listen to Bischoff. The guys knows how to run a show, and if I am paying him to be there I am going to listen to everything he has to say.

Third I would cut some of the roster. Not because they are old, washed up, no skill, whatever. I would cut them because there just isn't enough room for everyone on the roster. Example, having Beer Money absent from TNA programing for almost 2 months. That just isn't acceptable.

First things first, never ever have Hogan wrestle Ric Flair ever again, NOBODY wants to see that shit.

Second, get rid of that nasty ass Bubba the love sponge, he is worthless. Fire Russo and hire some better writers and put Bischoff in complete control of everything.

Third, stop trying to compete with RAW, now is NOT the time. Start with something smaller like NXT or Superstars.

Finally, really really push the X Division and the Knockouts, for real and not just for pretend.

Well a few things.. I think I'd get rid of Hogan because he's too much of an ego and carries to much baggage with him. I'd keep Bishoff because he can be great. and I'd def keep flair.. cause flair will at least put someone over.. Granted I'm not to keen on Flair wrestling these days but hey, if he has too he'd might as well put someone off.. Secondly. I'd stay on Mondays but I'd start and hour early 8-10 would be great.. That way there aren't conflicting openers or main events. And you will get ratings from people who wanna watch both. Also, I wouldn't have played all my wild cards so fast... I woulda spent sometime establishing some people then bring in some more WWE rejects.. then build them up.. then bring in more.. and so on and so forth... I would put a lot of focus on ads.. But not in the wrestling business.. I'd try and get myself on a News station or something talking about the business.. I mean everytime WWE wants to promote something what do they do? They go on a late night show or a News show.. Lastly, I would have the wrestlers involved in tons of charity work.. that always gets really good press and a good rep for wrestling.. I wouldn't have guys like Hall around. He'd be gone before he was hired.

1st: Have live Impact on Tuesdays for 2 hours (Tuesday Night Impact)
2nd: Get another 2 hour show on Thursday (Thursday Night Explosion), this show would be mainly for the X-Division and lower card guys.
3rd: Make and X-Division Tag Title and change the name of the Global Title (maybe to a Hardcore Title)
4th: Cut the roster fat. Nasty Boys, Hall and X-Pac (sorry guys Im a huge mark for NWO, Cliq guys but their time is over), Sean Morely, and every other useless guy.
5th: Throw obscene amounts of money at Heyman to come do his thing.
6th: Dont grab every WWE reject. Just the ones that are valuable.
7th: Make HUGE offers to SUPERSTAR wrestlers with WWE expiring contracts. (Tempt them to stray)

I wouldn't do a great deal differently than they are now. Sure, I wouldn't have picked up the phone and called the Nasty Boys and asked them to report bright and early for work, but then again if Hogan was offering to come into the company and that was one of his conditions, I'd say sir, yes sir.

But the reason I wouldn't do much differently is that there is no magical quick fix that is going to instantly catapult their ratings and suck the life out of WWE. All they need to do is remain consistently in people's consciousness. It's all well and good putting everything you have into a pair of impact shows and getting a slightly higher rating than usual, but if you can't do it every night then it doesn't mean a whole lot. They need to still be here a year from now, hopefully still producing a live wrestling show, regardless of what night it's on. Most WWE fans now at least know TNA exists, which they may not have done as little as 2 years ago. I know a lot of my buddies didn't. That is definitely a positive start, but what needs to follow is reassurance that they are not a flash in the pan.

They need to have longevity and invest in their future to assure that this isn't an all-out blitz on WWE that burns them out within 6 months. They need to be looking at who their top players are going to be a year or more down the line. They need to be constantly scouting for young, athletic talent. They need to establish traditions and characteristics that make the company an alternative. An event like Lockdown is a great start. The Ultimate-X and King of the Mountain matches are also fantastic and don't need to be tweaked. They need to continue to make sure they give 110% for each Bound for Glory, because it will never be on the scale of Wrestlemania (neither was Starcade), but fans respond to "THE show".

Are veterans and short term surprises important? Yes, absolutely, name power is a vital part to the industry, so if an established wrestler becomes a free agent they need to do their best to snap them up, but at the same time they need to be investing in a youth movement year on year. By all means let Team 3D and Beer Money be the elite teams right now, because MCMG and Generation ME are years younger than them and will be there when they are gone (hopefully).

Guys like Jeff Hardy, Rob Van Dam, Kurt Angle, Sting, Hulk Hogan and Ric Flair are important because a new viewer will instantly recognize them and won't feel alienated. Whereas if you were switching from WWE to ROH for example you'd have almost no clue who any of them were and no compulsion to stick around and find out. TNA have some big name players and thus a safety net to catch their new viewers if they're feeling lost.

Given complete roster freedom I'd send home the Nasty Boys, Bubba the Love Sponge and Jimmy Hart, but realistically you can't give Hogan's friends their marching orders without the say-so of Hogan, and as many negatives as he brings, he brings more positives from where I sit. They have been instantly more recognizable since he came in, in spite of the at times questionable or at times downright ridiculous things that he's insisted upon bringing with him.

To sum up: Don't do anything drastic. Unless Randy Orton, John Cena and Chris Jericho all decide to up and leave WWE and sign with TNA, no single action is going to close the gap. It's going to take years, not weeks. It's going to take commitment to potential fans to assure them that they are the real deal, and not just a flavour of the month promotion that will be bust just as quickly as it gets good. TNA have done a good job of this so far; nobody ever believed in them and every year people say "I guarantee you they'll have folded by this time next year" and like them or not they have grown every single year since their inception. They should continue on the path they're on because it has worked thus far, and in my opinion it is foolish to go all-in with the hand they already have when they could just bide their time and slowly grow. I know Hogan's pride is on the line and they'd like to be able to achieve success while Kurt Angle is still an active performer who's name still matters in this industry, but they really do need to pick their spots and play the waiting game.

That being said, it was probably too early to move permanently to Monday nights, the audience for wrestling generally is far smaller than it once was and asking them to out-right choose isn't wise because if a gun was put to my head and I was demanded to only watch one forever more, I'd pick WWE, even if I do have major major love for TNA's roster. There are die-hards for each who are going to watch through good or bad, and there are those who are on the fence, willing to give both a chance. These are the people TNA need to try and tap in to, and to be honest the best they can hope for here is that they will watch both shows, and they can't do that if they're on at the same time.

Did you just say compete with NXT? I believe NXT or as I prefer to call it WWE Presents "The Daniel Bryan Show" is actually out doing TNA in the ratings. One hour vs. Two hours and the one hour is winning and Danielson is only on the show for maybe 10 minutes at the most!

Now onto bigger and better discussion or simply shut up and answer the thread! If I was the owner of TNA first I would be stupid to not get rid of Jeff Jarrett. Sorry J-e- double F but when a man can't do business with daddy and turns to a skank to double cross the old man- he isn't a man! Also in addition to the lean steak that we will be preparing we must must must cut the fat as a lot of people have stated. I will just say Orlando, Jay Lethal, Bubba, Nasties, Brutus, Stevie, Raven, JEFF HARDY...

I will run with this; Jeff Hardy should be in TNA to help them but if he can't help himself than the only thing he will be good for is a "The Fast, Furious, and TEAM Extreme life of Jeff Hardy" DVD set to be released if he can't kick his drug ADDICTION! And in the world of pro wrestling drug additiction leads to bad press and we don't need anymore of that and god willing we will never hear about kids saying they got their drug habits by watching wrestling!

Back to the list....I'd drop Sarita and Taylor Wild they can go fuck themselves to be honest and I would do something no one would think of.....

I would bring ROH and SHIMMER into the fold since if anyone out here in the sacred "IWC" would know the inaugural class of ROH is the leading stars of today. Low Ki, Daniels, Punk, Danielson, Joe, Styles, Williams, McGuinness these are the guys people are paying their money to see and as time continues to grow ROH and SHIMMER will keep producing top quality performers.

As for time restraints I wouldn't be so stupid to compete against WWE on their hard fought home turf. Create a night, hell if WWE can do it- than so can TNA. Monday Night RAW, Football, or whatever wasn't built in a day but TNA can be created on one! Thursdays are just as good as ever, close to the end of the week and Smackdown is taped so why not give someone who reads the spoilers a chance to see some good ole live wrestling not wrasslin action!

Global title WTF ok first and foremost drop that title and the knockouts tag titles and bring in an X tag titles cause for real who cares about the Global..Legends....or whatever the name is this week. And we all know the Knockout tag titles are only for TBP!

Anyways I am done causing trouble! Peace!

I would get rid of the horrible music. What set's WWE apart (among many othr things) is the theme songs. Jeff Hardy's TNA song is horrrible, yet his WWE No More Words made the Arena JUMP like no other...who approves that crappy entrance music on TNA??

Also, get rid of that awful Orlando Universal Studious lot and the low budget props, not plugging in the phone, etc.. it makes the product look cheap and not too mention the signs SUCK and every week it's the same match it's a very small audience.

Put some people in the auidence that look like Businessmen and Lawyers that are watching "Jeff Hardy's behavior"

Make these PPV matches mean something..They can do a round robin tourament where there are the top 8 guys and they have 3 matches that night to determine a champion. Angle, AJ, Hardy, RVD, Mr Anderson, Abyss, Samoa Joe, Sting...make monumental Heel turns...you have to do something drastic here...Have Hogan turn heel, and AJ fights Kurt Angle for the rights of TNA (Hogan or Dixie)....have AJ Win and have Heel stables....Hardy can be their savior....then flip AJ and Flair back to a good guy to stop Hulk the monster

honestly...i would sell it to vince for the best offer he would give me for it...im sure a man of his expertise and experience would bring it out of a 0.8 rating...and if he cant...well...the tna talent will be future endeavoured...

If i owned TNA what would i do? The first thing i would do is to stop doing house show. Right now, they don'T serve a purpose and make TNA look bad.

Secondly, i would move IMPACT out of the IMPACT Zone. This is another problem that TNA has, the fact that they look second rate compare to the WWE. By doing a show live from an actual arena and then tape another one from the same place TNA would look more big league and less like a retirement home.

Next would be firing Vince Russo and hiring Paul Heyman. Vince Russo still believe that Crash tv works and doesn'T know how to right a wrestling show. Paul Heyman does so by changing the head of creative, TNA would be a much better product.

The lead me to the Eric Bischoff, Hulk hogan problem: Bischoff should be sent to Nashville and be in charge of marketing. If there a guy who is good in marketing it's Eric Bischoff and that's were he would be most helpful, behind the scene helping TNA in the marketing department has for Hogan, he could be a on air talent, probably in the same on air character he playing right now, that all. Maybe even helping Bischoff in marketing when he's not on the air.

Next would be returning TNA to it's roots. That means be a wrestling company, TNA got some of the best talents in the wrestling business and right now alot of them are being wasted. Bringing back the X-division to it's former glory would be a step in the right direction. Same goes for the knockout division. TNA's woman's division use to be the best woman's division in mainstream wrestling, now it has become a joke and the releasing of 4 of the best woman'S wrestlers the company had his just prove my point. The TNA knockout divison needs to go back to what it was, so i would bring back Alyssa Flash, Awesome Kong, Traci and Roxxi and probably fire Lacey Von Erich.

I would also do a spring cleaning on the roster. The TNA roster has way to many wrestlers right now so anybody that's not involve in anything at the moment would be release. I would also fire the Nasty boys, scott Hall and Sean Waltman just because they are a complete waste of money and time.

Next, i would bring back to six sided ring. Most od the IWC didn'T like the ring but i thought it made TNA look different and made the x-division better then the traditional ring.

Finally i would let the TNA wrestlers be themselves instead of being forced into a character that doesn'T fit them. The best way to get over with the casual fan is to have a character that's an extension of yourself, just look at The Rock or Stone Cold Steve Austin.

So that's what i would do if i own TNA. Maybe it would work, maybe i wouldn'T but at less, i would be a lot better then what they are doing right now.

How to fix TNA if I owned it?

First, I wouldn't try and compete with WWE head on. Instead of having a show on Monday, I'd have one on Wednesday for 2 hours. This way you are not competing against WWE at all. Offer it on an open wrestling night and it'll bring in WWE viewers who want to watch wrestling every night.

Second, I get a second show on Saturday afternnon like WCW used to have. Use this as a time for young guys to get TV time. Have the global title changed to TV title and have the champion main event every show. Let this focus more on wrestling and character in-ring develpment and leave the main show for the "Sports Entertainment" and mid-carders.

Third, slim down the roster (everyone has said that already). Basicall cut guys that aren't getting used or getting over. My list Brutus, Bubba, Doug Williams, Dr. Stevie, Kiyohshi, Nasty Boys, Orlando Jordan, Raven, Rhyno, Rob Terry, Shark Boy, Suicide, Team 3D, Suicide. Get Hall & Waltman off tv with their temp contracts.

Fourth, repackage the knockouts. Get rid of their tag team titles and focus less on them. When a knockout match is your main event that is a problem. They are filler and that is how they should be used. Make the title mean something by having it defended every week as their big use.

Fifth (and most important), try to develop a relationship with ROH. Be their financier which in turns makes them your development system. Not only do you get more exposure but it allows you to get these guys before their contracts run out and they go to WWE. Plus you get their hour of tv exposure before WWE on Monday's.

Sixth, limit Hogan and Flair. Let Flair me a manager and that is it. Let Hogan be a "GM" and that is it. No wrestling for Flair, no Promos over 5 minutes for Hogan. Less is more in their case. Better yet, release Hogan.

Seventh, Focus on wrestling. Use the same concept that got WCW over at the start. Let the X-Division guys shine for the first hour to get the crowd going and get people watching on tv for the first hour. Then have your knockout match and go with the Main Eventers for the final hour. It's been proven to work so try it again.

Eighth, Revamp. Change the personalty of the company by never mentioning WWE again. Focus on my product and developing my stars and pretend that the WWE doesn't exist. You can only fix a broken product internally.

Ninth, change to booking staff. Bring in Paul Heyman (as mentioned) and let him and Bischoff be the only two in charge. No wrestlers or former wrestlers. These guys together would make a great team and if they have control and no idiots wasting their time it could be good.

Finally, rename the damn company. TNA is a horrible name. It always has been. There are plenty of names that sound more like wrestling and less like Ladies Goodies. You may have to buy the rights from NWA or a defunct promotion like GWF or whatever but TNA doesn't do it for me.

Although I'll repeat some things people have said, I'll try to stay original about some things I'd do if I owned or ran TNA:

Hire New Writers, inc. the Much Hated "Hollywood Writers"
Let's face it: TNA has an insane amount of talent and it's mostly wasted by bad, inconsistant writing. I'd get rid of some of the writers and replace them with Hollywood writers. Why? Because they know how to tell a story. If there is a decent balance of Hollywood and wrestling writers on the same team, with TNA's roster, they can write some very interesting, rewarding, and meaningful storylines and characters.

Get Rid of Unused Talent
I know it's been said before, but that's an obvious choice. Yes, some wrestlers that should be used aren't being used, and some that are shouldn't be. But to try and cram all your roster in a 2 hour show hurts the overall product.

DO NOT Think of More TV Time or More Titles
That is NOT a solution to whatever problems they have. It's extremely expensive to create more TV time for TNA and honestly, they need to focus on making their one wrestling show a good one on a consistant basis. Also, how many titles does TNA have, and how many of them matter? That goes back to the writing. Once that's fixed, I'd consider adding or changing the Title picture.

Focus on Shock TV and X-Division
I'd try my hardest to seperate myself from WWE's product by doing things differently. If WWE goes PG, make sure TNA is a good TV-14. Again, writing. Storylines with adult themes sells for the demographic TNA is trying to reach. Want proof? One of the most successful movies of 2009 was called "The Hangover." And it was great.

The X-Division is something WWE doesn't have. Use it! And make it matter with good writing.

Fine Any On-Air Talent Who Mentions WWE in Any Shape, Way, or Form

Right now, LITERALLY every storyline has something to do with WWE. Whether it's the Hall of Fame ring or "Vintage" Tazz or Bischoff saying how stupid Vince's ideas have been, all that does is prove TNA is minor league in every way. If anyone on live TV does that crap, they're fined. Period.

That's my 2 cents.

1) Let Raven help in booking. The man is a pure genius!
2) Bring in Tommy Dreamer, Heyman, and along with him a hardcore devision. Also maybe bring in Thumbtack Jack aswell, he's done with death matches... I think he could help TNA gain market in Germany, and rest of Europe.
3) Let the band unite, and fued with the "new generation kliq". Jeff Hardy, Shannon Moore and Gregory Helms. Reality and fiction can really blend there, such things simply work. Also ofcoz try and get Matt Hardy.
4) Eventually move Scott Hall to commentator, team him up with The Brain for comic relief, and Tony Schiavone for play by play. Even JR and King wouldnt be able to compete with those three!
5) Change the Global Title back to Legends Title. A title that gets defended once a month at ppv, legends match... Make em like 80s matches, couple mins long.. Switch the legends up alot. This all doesnt have to take too much tv time to setup either and adds credibility to the belt so they can later get passed on to homegrown talent, so they can also retire in TNA... They cant keep taking those crazy bumps!
6) Get rid of the ramp and move the guardrails back abit more. Allow some more highflyin spots, but no spotfests every match...
7) Have faith in bookers and agents!

I know one thing is certain, Nasty Boys, Hall, British Invasion, Jesse Neal, Dr. Stevie and Raven all need to be released ASAP.

TNA needs to regroup fast if they want to a chance at competing with the juggernaut known as WWE. I'm all for Bishoff trying to capture lighting in a bottle just as he did with WCW, but wrestling fan not the same today as back in the real monday night war days.

Few things that could be done are as followed,

1. Use Samoa Joe. ( He is one of the best performers on the roster and he should be on the front line leading the way for TNA.)

2. Beer Money. ( Be it Face or Heel, these two guys need to be pushed and pushed hard. Put the damn Tag Team Titles on them already. They have the potential to be one of the best Tag Teams ever if used properly.

3. LAX. ( Tried the whole " lets spilt em up and see how it goes" angle. Not progressing as planned. Homicide and Hernandez separate are mid-carders at best, together they are main eventer's in the Tag Team Division.

4. Hogan. ( Hands down biggest name in the industry, please for the love of all that is holy, stay behind the scenes and out of the ring, while it's some what intriguing to revisit Hogan v Flair, not very entertaining watching a match full of chops & punches and a pace so slow that I could use the restroom, wash my hands, make a sandwich and still catch the end of the move that started when I left. Stick to being the " Face" of TNA...Brother!

5. Knock Outs. ( So the Knock Outs, aside from a few, don't have the looks that WWE Divas possess, one thing that separates the two is, the Knock Outs have talent, some even more than the guys. It's time to use it.

6.Matt Morgan. ( The DNA of TNA is no where to be found. His mic skills need work, but with the right push he could be a top heel in TNA.

7. X-Division. ( Title comes off Doug Williams and onto someone that can actually carry the X-Division say, Kazarian, Amazing Red, Desmond Wolfe or hell even RVD. While Shannon Moore is an okay addition to the X-Division, Petey Williams would be even better. Dixie, we want Petey!!)

8. Abyss. ( So this is what happens to one of the Innovators of the Monsters Ball Match, a giggling, apprehensive, ring wearing imbecile. Bring the Monster back and change that damn music!!)

9. TNA Epics. ( Turn this into a hour long show focusing on the X-Division.

10. Six Sided Ring. ( Bring it back..need I say more?)

11. Live Impacts every Monday. ( Leave Orlando and take the show on the road. Booker smaller venues around the country. This is a must if TNA ever wants t be in the same league as WWE.)

1 is the roster cuts- Kiyoshi, Tomko, Jimmy Hart, and some others uless they can get there shit together
2. I would take a lot of people off of t.v. like the Nasty Boys (I understand there Hulk's buddies, but I would have them as trainers helping to mold some new talent and get some people ready for t.v.), Flair(maybe keep him as a manager ONLY or have him help the Nastys with promo lessons cuz lets face it alot of guys need help)
3. Put some people back on t.v.- like Don West (heel don) because when that guy would cut down people it was really funny.
4. Rename the Legends/Global Championship, comeon lets have something thats ummm HARDCORE, because WWE doesn't have anything like that no blood, no volience, no damn chair shots to the head
5. Paul E. this man along with Easy E are the brightest minds of wrestling
6. I remember early in TNA's history where they kinda created an ECW invasion, my plan is to bring back a lot of former ECW stars (orginal not WWE's basdard child) like Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, Justin Creadible, and with those guys bring some back on t.v. too like RAVEN, Dr. Stevie, TEAM 3-D,
7. Okay i kinda like the Impact zone buts in too small like last monday when Hogan called out Sting it would have been cool if the lights went out and he went down from the roof, but he couldn't cuz its too damn small, like maybe there old memphis place that they had before
8.SHOWCASE THE SHIT out of JEFF HARDY, that would be a good blow to Vinny Mack like HAHAHAHA i have your second most popular guy
9. keep Scott Hall and Six-pac only if they can get clean i like those guys and they are funny but if they can't get clean then hit the bricks
10. Extra show along with Mondays live Impact like something that can complete with NXT or Smackdown but if i went against NXT i would just put my show on an hour earlier with X-division stars, now along with that i would have another show on thursday showcasing my knockouts cuz comeon would you watch 3 matches with dudes or the HOTEST WOMEN ALIVE
11. Gimmick changes- Jay Lethal (badly needs it), Jesse Neal (he has some potenal but no gimmick) Soma Joe (with him i would try and go back to the unbeaten soman sumbission machine then the stupid nation of volience), Abyss (for the love of God where is the monster in this man, last i checked Hulkamania had nothing to do with monster hell lets bring back James Mitchel), AJ Styles (not the next flair so lets stop trying to make him it)

If I was running TNA I would do a few things..
1. Bring back Scott D'Amore to book the Knockouts divison. They were at their best when he booked them.
2. Give Vince Russo a filter for his creative ideas. He really does come up with some good stuff, but you have to filter out the other crap to get to it. Look what he did in WWE when he had Vince filter his work.
3. Make Hogan the authority figure of the company, but make him more the way Vince is. I mean, don't have him on ALL THE TIME. Give him an angle that can run for a few months, like Vince has with Bret. It may not be a great angle, but it gives him something to do for a few months.
4.Trim the fat.. Orlando Jordan, Nastyz/Jimmy Hart, etc..
5. Make the Global Title the TV title.
6. Bring Samoa Joe back to tv.
Thats about it.

I'd set it up where storylines were better written and not have so much going on.

I'd also probably go off of monday nights and onto another night untill I got a bigger fanbase.

I'd advertise more, and I'd try to get paul heyman involved (not saying he would do it, but I would still make him an offer).

I'd have hogan and Flair stay out of the ring.

I'd also have a huge cut of the roaster.

Syxx Pac, Bubba the love sponge, Don West, Scott Hall, Dr. Stevie, Jeff Jarret, Mick Foley, Jesse Neal, Jimmy Hart, Jermery Borash, Kiyoshi, Nasty Boys, Orlando Jordan, Raven, Rhino, Sharkboy, Tomko, vince russo , , and Brian Kendrick. would all get the axe, maby even Jay Letheal, Sean Morley, Consequence Creed and Kevin nash unless I knew they'd bring in viwers or profit. Jeff Hardy would also go if he acted up again or caused trouble. Shannon Moore is also a possibility for release if he iddn't provide anything.

If I owned TNA, what would I do?

I'll start with two quick, cheap and simple solutions:

1. Website overhaul, and a major focus on online representation

Let's face it, the TNA crowd is chock full of smarks who think they know how to run a company better than the guys in charge of the thing they're paying (or in the event they're in the iMPACT Zone, not paying) to see every week. Those cocky twenty-something year-olds are the same who come to internet forums, Facebook, twitter and anywhere they can to get an "in", and those folks are the same who read dirt sheets. In short, TNA fans are very much a major – and I mean major – chunk of the "internet community", so why on earth is TNA not already catering to that? The internet is essentially a major focal point for selling everything you possibly can from an old used pair of underwear on eBay, to buying a brand new HDTV. Everywhere you look is ripe with advertising potential, and TNA should be tapping into as many free outlets right now as they can possibly employ folks in-house to even keep track of. Facebook, Twitter, and every social networking application/site/tool should be used on a daily basis.

In addition to this, the site overhaul they did is awful. The design is chunky and repetitive, and the graphics are always dated and inconsistent. TNA also fails to update the site regularly, especially just following a PPV or episode of iMPACT!

As of right now (3:40pm), the day after a PPV, and the night of a live iMPACT!, the "main" image in their clunky rotating sequence of images is the same graphic denoting that iMPACT! is now on Monday nights, instead of any images of the aftermath from last night, and the only image of the five images in the immediate view that even have to do with iMPACT! is one for Hogan's "announcement" tonight. Nothing on matches, nothing on wrestlers. Nothing.

TNA is supposed to be gritty. It's image should match that, and as of right now, that's not being matched nearly by their B-level web-site design.

2. Consistent writing, and a major focus on shock value

As it's been said before, I'll simply echo the same sentiments as so many others have noted already before me: If the WWE is G-rated, TNA needs to be PG-13 rated. Use everything in your arsenal to sell the product as a gritty, sometimes raunchy and very real-life promotion. Use tits, ass, blood and adult-themed story lines to draw in the new audience.

However, do not simply assume that surprises for surprises sake will be enough. Your writing has to match, and it has to be not only consistent, but it has to make sense. In the business, we call this a story arc. That means all stories have a beginning, a middle in which the story arcs and becomes more compelling and interesting, and an end, or a blowoff in which the story has an understandable ending. Stop feeding the crowd odd-ball match-ups week-after-week with no payoff, blowoff or send-off. Stop convoluting what would otherwise be simple storylines by twisting and turning at every conceivable motion with no regard for logic or reason. Twists for twists sake are not interesting.

I'd fire a hell of a lot of people, too many to list XD.

Storyline wise, I'd make Abyss go crazy with power, and destroy Hogan, making him a monster heel again and writing Hogan off TV for awhile. Bring back James Mitchell too.

Flair will turn on AJ, to end AJ's failed heel turn, and make him the face of TNA like he should be.

Kurt Angle will defeat whoever he faces (Probably Anderson) @ Lockdown, only to be destroyed by Desmond Wolfe. Angle then takes some time off (he deserves a break), to then come back and have a big PPV main event match with Desmond. (for the title, Desmond should win the belt while Angle's away)

HHHHMMMM, well first off get rid of the dead weight: The Nasty Boys, Hall and Waltmen, OJ, Morley.

Next I would not let Hogan, or Flair wrestle ever and I MEAN EVER again, because if my eyes are gonna hurt that bad, I'll get a spoon and pluck them out myself.

Then, I would give an extra hour so it's not all clusterfucked into two hours. An extra hour won't hurt and I'm sure Spike T.V. would put it into consideration.

Finally, go back to thursdays or hit up tuesday and compete with one of wwe's lower rated shows. Build up before trying to compete with the Big Bad E.

This is my first time doing this so gimme some slack ha!:shrug: Hope everyone likes.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back