If WWE wants to make Roman Reigns the new face of the WWE

NxtBigThing

Occasional Pre-Show
With talks of Roman Reigns as a new favorite and penciled in guy to win the title at WM 31 here is an idea if they want him to become the new face of the company and a possible superstar. Give it a paragraph and it will make more sense.

Ever since Wrestle Mania everyone has assumed that Brock Lesnar will be facing whoever is holding the WWE Title. Now with many guessing he will face the winner of the upcoming MITB match my pick is John Cena. To my knowledge they only had 2 matches togeher on ppv and maybe a few on tv or house shows. You can build up Summer Slam as a rubber match between two of the biggest names. You have Lesnar win but of course lose the title to whoever won the briefcase at MITB. My pick is Rusev. Sure the guy is green but the guy has a legit fighting background and looks legit. Plus he's from Bulgaria now hailing from Russia which gives him some heat. Anyway have Rusev cash in on Lesnar after he wins and beats him making him the new "Monster" by beating the guy who broke Undertaker's streak. With Lesnar part time you need to build a new full time monster so why not Rusev? Have him go undefeated and beat top names until Wrestle Mania 31.

This is where Roman Reigns comes in. For the most part after MITB have him go on a winning streak. Have him win the Rumble and beats Rusev at Wrestle Mania. To make Wrestle Mania Title match even more special you can make it USA vs Russia type thing similar to Hogan vs Slaughter or even a Rocky 4 type build up. Before you laugh remember this. After beating the Sheik Hogan carried the flag around on occasion and Hogan's patriotic win was a piece to Hogan becoming a superstar. If WWE is serious about building new superstar's you have to start sometime. Thinking of a main event for the world title between the undefeated champion "Bulgarian Russian" Rusev vs pretty much undefeated Roman Reigns defending USA for the belt doesn't sound bad to me. What do you guys think?

I don't know if I want the biggest title in the company going to a guy who has only been on the main roster a couple months. Haven't we learned from pushing guys too soon,(Ryback anyone?)? You let Rusev go undefeated for a year and lose then what? Take away the title and streak from him and what does he have? Then you make Lesnar defeating Undertaker look meaningless if he comes back and first match since Wrestlemania, win and drop the title to a heel. Come on man where is the logic in that?

This is just pointless. You don't make a guy that just pulled the biggest upset in WWE history just lose within a short time of returning. Plus, the rumors have called for Rock vs Reigns for Mania.

You have Lesnar win but of course lose the title to whoever won the briefcase at MITB. My pick is Rusev. Sure the guy is green but the guy has a legit fighting background and looks legit. Plus he's from Bulgaria now hailing from Russia which gives him some heat. Anyway have Rusev cash in on Lesnar after he wins and beats him making him the new "Monster" by beating the guy who broke Undertaker's streak. With Lesnar part time you need to build a new full time monster so why not Rusev? Have him go undefeated and beat top names until Wrestle Mania 31.

This is where Roman Reigns comes in. For the most part after MITB have him go on a winning streak. Have him win the Rumble and beats Rusev at Wrestle Mania. To make Wrestle Mania Title match even more special you can make it USA vs Russia type thing similar to Hogan vs Slaughter or even a Rocky 4 type build up. Before you laugh remember this. After beating the Sheik Hogan carried the flag around on occasion and Hogan's patriotic win was a piece to Hogan becoming a superstar. If WWE is serious about building new superstar's you have to start sometime. Thinking of a main event for the world title between the undefeated champion "Bulgarian Russian" Rusev vs pretty much undefeated Roman Reigns defending USA for the belt doesn't sound bad to me. What do you guys think?

You have rusev beating lesner and still a heel will never work lesner is now forever THE heel he cant be a full on face again he ened the greatest streak in history wwe fans will always hate him for that. If rusev comes down and beats him then he instantly a face. Wil. Be the same no matter who beats lesner.

Rusev is way to green for any title ATM. In order to make Reigns the next face of the company just have him fued with Cena at Wrestlemania 31 for the WWHC. We already seen a slight tease between Cena and Reigns at smackdown when they came face to face.
all they have to do is countinue with the teasing between the two leading up to the actual event\fued. Slap the Title on Cena at either Survivor Series or Elimination Chamber and have Reigns win the Rumble and taaa daa u have a huge Wrestlemania main event between the 2 biggest faces in the company.
Cena passes the torch to Reigns by actually losing clean, and there u go Reigns is THE guy now.

No f--king way. I didn't like Rusev at first but he's getting better now. You don't wanna spoil that by having him win the title immediately or even going after the title. Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar could be a great match so I would much rather see that match being reserved for WM next year. If Rock vs Reigns is the match, then Lesnar and Cesaro can have a match. Whilst I would love to see Cena vs Brock once again and I really want to see Brock beat Cena again, I just don't want Cena to be champ anytime soon. I don't think anybody wants that. Out of the 7 superstars, Wyatt is my favorite to win. How about this...

Wyatt wins MITB and has his first title defense at Battleground against Cena. He finally defeats him fair and square. Brock returns and claims that there is one last thing he has to do before going after the championship, and that is defeating Cena. Roman Reigns defeats Randy Orton at Battleground, while Cesaro defeats Sheamus to win the US championship.

At Summerslam...

Brock defeats Cena, Triple H defeats Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt defeats Sheamus to retain the championship.

Night Of Champions, Brock defeats Cena again (not necessary but since there was a talk of having Brock compete at NOC this year... a rematch between these two is fine with me and is the most logical one). Cesaro can drop the US championship here to someone.

At the Survivor Series, Team Triple H defeats Team Roman Reigns.

At the Royal Rumble, Roman Reigns defeats Triple H to qualify for the Rumble and goes on to win the Rumble last eliminating Cesaro.

At Elimination Chamber, Bray Wyatt drops the championship to The Rock inside Elimination Chamber, also involving Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, John Cena and Rusev maybe (this seems unlikely, but this is what I think is the best way to give the championship to Rock again, solely due to the fact that it builds other storylines for Wrestlemania inside the chamber and it's fun when a new champion is crowned at Elimination Chamber rather than at the Royal Rumble itself because that makes the Chamber PPV very predictable)

At Wrestlemania...

Bray Wyatt defeats Daniel Bryan

Roman Reigns defeats The Rock

Cesaro defeats Brock Lesnar

Maybe Triple H can have a match against Dean Ambrose while Seth Rollins takes on John Cena

i think they make rusev as their long term heel for future. Past weak raw i see reigns vs rusev in battle royal. reigns be the one who broke rusev undefeated streak. right now i dont see that comming. Bcoz roman is set summerslam against hhh. if they put trigger on roman then anything can happened. At mitb he wins the title against the odds and became the new face of wwe.

Ah if they think hes the future, just give him the title at MITB, and let him run with the belt though WM31 and see what happens. Rather than this "hes set to win at WM31" who cares about that non sense anymore. IMO don't really need to see another Bryan like chase for the belt, not from someone who is big enough, strong enough, with the it factor, don't need a guy like that going after the belt, just put it on him. I wouldn't mine a face vs face match at WM31 Reigns defending against Bryan. Big time $$$$ money maker.

Ah if they think hes the future, just give him the title at MITB, and let him run with the belt though WM31 and see what happens. Rather than this "hes set to win at WM31" who cares about that non sense anymore. IMO don't really need to see another Bryan like chase for the belt, not from someone who is big enough, strong enough, with the it factor, don't need a guy like that going after the belt, just put it on him. I wouldn't mine a face vs face match at WM31 Reigns defending against Bryan. Big time $$$$ money maker.

It's too early for a Roman Reigns reign. They would in no way build Reigns like Bryan. The money is on Reigns vs Rock at Wrestlemania!

There are a lot of flaws with your plan. Let's start:

Cena winning the titles at MitB. It can happen, but it will frustrate a lot of fans. Enter Lesnar. He defeats Cena, gets the titles and then loses to Rusev! of all people! You want to basically turn Lesnar face (since Rusev is heel) and most importantly, put the most prized title in pro wrestling on Rusev, who doesn't even know english. Not a smart choice. Even so, Reigns goes on a winning streak until WM? Against who? Who do you put him against so that he doesn't lose interest? A champion? He can't carry the title because he will have to drop it to win the Rumble.

What happens to Lesnar after he loses to Rusev? He loses against the next PPV? The almighty Lesnar? Doesn't happen. Cena barely beat him, HHH failed, Punk failed, Taker failed... and Rusev beats him twice? No.

What happens with Cesaro who they are high on, Bryan, Orton, Batista etc? Where do these guys go?

And the most important of all: The whole foreign thing doesn't work anymore. Back in territories, it would get heat, because mostly americans would watch and it was natural. Now, it is worldwide. People might actually be cheering for Rusev against Reigns because they hate USA, so from a face vs heel aspect, it won't work. But let's assume that everyone loves america... it still doesn't work. People are so disinterested in this whole nations thing that it doesn't matter. We know it is a script and you don't really offend anyone, so nobody will be interested.

Reigns vs Rusev, closing WM... Horrible. You had Rock vs Cena, Rock vs Austin, HHH vs Orton, Punk didn't even get his own, Bryan vs Orton vs Batista to close out WM and you want to have Rusev vs Reigns? Horrible... just horrible.

Instead, they are doing good work now with Reigns. His face off with Cena at Smackdown really showed a new side of him. I expect to see more of that stuff in the coming weeks. He can win the Rumble eventually to face whoever is holding the titles (Cena, Orton, Bryan, Lesnar or whoever) at WM and that will be enough. Bryan didn't need a stupid nations' feud to get over, and neither should Reigns.

Roman Reigns can face The Rock in WM31 but it doesn't have to be for the title. I haven't seen any qualities from Roman that constitute him as a future face of the WWE except having that look of being "That Guy". He lacks delivery in promos and just because he says "Ass" the crowd goes crazy for hearing a bad word in his extremely short sentences. Like I said, this guy for the meantime is only gifted with one thing and that's his looks and body shape. Other than that, this guy hasn't proven himself to be worthy of a future face of the company. Vince McMahon is trying to live off his fantasies at the same time not actually creating real stars out of wrestlers anyway.

Roman Reigns can face The Rock in WM31 but it doesn't have to be for the title. I haven't seen any qualities from Roman that constitute him as a future face of the WWE except having that look of being "That Guy". He lacks delivery in promos and just because he says "Ass" the crowd goes crazy for hearing a bad word in his extremely short sentences. Like I said, this guy for the meantime is only gifted with one thing and that's his looks and body shape. Other than that, this guy hasn't proven himself to be worthy of a future face of the company. Vince McMahon is trying to live off his fantasies at the same time not actually creating real stars out of wrestlers anyway.
I also don't think a Reigns vs Rock match has to be for the title, nor do I think it should be done at WM31 as that seems too soon for Reigns.
On the Rock having a match at WM31, I'd say it has to be done against an established guy in order to profit from the exposure that having the Rock brings, especially if it is done as the Rock's final hurrah.

On Roman Reigns; I think the rumours about WWE looking at him as a Face for the future, has some people feeling 'threatened' that their favourites will be put to the side in order for a possible Reigns push.

Indeed, from how post-WM has gone so far, it is clear that the company in high on Reigns...Rollins and Ambrose haven't been thrown to the side in order to elevate Reigns.

In actual fact, right now, Reigns has moved onto the Championship although his target remains Orton and Triple H, whilst the other 2 guys are battling each other in a feud many of us, hardcore fans have wanted to see. Needless to say, with Reigns put into the Championship position, some of our IWC fellows feel he isn't deserveing and still also absurdly feel that he is being pushed instead of the other 2 Shield members.(hmm....... :shrug: )

As for Reigns on the mic; he isn't a top Mic worker as yet, but he is steadily improving as time goes on, only a hater would deny that,tbh. Will be a Cena or a Rock? Time will tell, but those guys are elite level Mic Workers.

What Reigns has is 'the Look' of a WWE Face once he can continue with the momentum he has generated and according to some reports, be a "sponge for knowledge backstage" as he has been since his debut.

His intensity in the ring is also a big plus, and I am sure, if the WWE is serious about him rising to the top eventually, then they won't leave him as a Spot Monkey with 3/4 moves who'd become stale and called Cena 2.0....

Personally, whilst I do agree with those who said that the Rollins swerve was done for the sake of a swerve(as I think it was last minute and it doesn't seem properly planned going forward), I do believe that by WM31, WWE could build at least 5 guys who can be staple Main Event talents for the forseeable future(Namely: Reigns, Rollins, Ambrose, Cesaro, Bray Wyatt).

Cheers.

I actually have a big problem with Reigns being forced into the World Championship contender spot, even though I think he's awesome and the Shield was probably my favorite stable of all time.

My issue is that Reigns hasn't proven himself as a singles competitor and even though the Shield has dissolved, he continues to be booked as a tag team competitor, now with Cena and Sheamus. I only started watching wrestling again since last November, but I can only think of three singles matches he has done. Two against Mark Henry and one against CM punk- who lost I believe because he was distracted.

I only noticed this during his alliance with Sheamus and Cena against the other 4 MitB heels, but Reigns only appears to have three moves- the spear, superman punch and his running kick. In a team match, it's fine because guys like Sheamus or Cena can carry it while Reigns delivers the 'climax' of the battle. But can Reigns carry a singles match without growing stale? Maybe he can, but WWE hasn't booked him properly as a singles competitor, so I don't know.

I'd rather Rollins or Ambrose get the title shot before Reigns simply because at least they have proven they can do 1 on 1 matches well, especially Rollins. So I don't think Roman is ready. He needs to establish himself more as a singles competitor. Odd, that the guy who is being pushed the most out of the former Shield members is being held back the most thanks to questionable booking.

Just my thoughts though. I think the op's suggestion is a good one. If WWE books Roman the right way, he can become the next big thing. But so far, I'm just concerned with how he has been handled.

I actually have a big problem with Reigns being forced into the World Championship contender spot, even though I think he's awesome and the Shield was probably my favorite stable of all time.

My issue is that Reigns hasn't proven himself as a singles competitor and even though the Shield has dissolved, he continues to be booked as a tag team competitor, now with Cena and Sheamus. I only started watching wrestling again since last November, but I can only think of three singles matches he has done. Two against Mark Henry and one against CM punk- who lost I believe because he was distracted.

I only noticed this during his alliance with Sheamus and Cena against the other 4 MitB heels, but Reigns only appears to have three moves- the spear, superman punch and his running kick. In a team match, it's fine because guys like Sheamus or Cena can carry it while Reigns delivers the 'climax' of the battle. But can Reigns carry a singles match without growing stale? Maybe he can, but WWE hasn't booked him properly as a singles competitor, so I don't know. .

Thing is, Reigns has gotten a World title shot, but since the main rumours have Triple H vs Reigns at SummerSlam to perhaps end the Authority storyline once and for all... I don't see why people have a problem with Reigns being in a Multi-man match for the title(after all there 6 other guys in the match as well anyways)...

I do understand the concerns of Reigns having 3 moves(probably instructions from the Top Brass to use such signatures as a Top Babyface)...it is a concern I share and I do hope he can add a few moves as time goes and mix it up rather than become Cena 2.0.
However, his intense style does attract fans I believe and hopefully he can continue to improve as time goes along...

He had a match against BNB on SmackDown recently also;

[YOUTUBE]watch?v=aUwTucpz5UY[/YOUTUBE]

if you want to make him the face, how about not putting him in terrible comedy puke angles, when his perception has been as a serious bad ass

OH WAIT, GOTTA SHOW THAT PERSONALITY, CENA-IZE HIM

If WWE is serious then they HAVE to slow this down... with all 3 Shield guys just "SLOW THE F*** DOWN".

Now is the worst time to begin a World title tilt for any of them and doubly dangerous for Reigns. They did it in 1994, the made Diesel/Reigns the "star" while still building Shawn/Rollins and in this case Ambrose but they rushed both Shawn and Diesel then and neither established a true identity apart before their respective pushes. Diesel split from Shawn and was champ 3 days later... We hadn't even heard him properly talk on TV much less get comfortable enough with him to be "the guy".

I remember hearing about it first on the old hotline Apter did and being really happy but thinking "already?" and it bascially ruined both Shawn and Diesels initial runs and having a knockon effect throughout the roster.

IF they want Reigns to be the top face and Rollins or Ambrose their top heel then they are far better NOT putting the belt on any of them for at least another year. Reigns could accomplish just as much holding the IC for a year as any current reign he would be allowed with the World belt. It would give Rollins and Ambrose a year to build into the guys who can face him. BUT

We all know what this is REALLY about... it's about getting Dwayne back for Mania NEXT year... if he's gonna go in the HOF, that's logical but they want a match and if it's gonna be his last then if he's gonna "pass the torch" it'll be to his cousin... it's logical, makes sense but will KILL Reigns as a main eventer.

The only way to make it work as a match is to rush him through 69% of the roster in record time, beat his record at Surivor Series AND Win the Rumble... it's too much and would be exactly like Diesel... Debuts as a bodyguard, through the titles and up to the World level within 18 months.

WWE needs to talent to rise, that much is clear and they ARE rising well, but the surefire way to burn it all is to push Reigns too quickly, cos it'll sour Vince on all of them just as it did in 95... suddenly no one was really good enough cos "If Diesel can't get over what chance have they got?" in his head...

I just want to know why the fuck the WWE is pencilling ANYBODY into the main event of WrestleMania 31 in June. That just sounds like a recipe for disaster when you're dealing with a guy who really hasn't been the focus of a main event push or singles feud yet.

I said it a few weeks ago Reigns is by far the most boring out of the former sheild guys. Reigns can't talk, has a very limited move set and just isn't up to the calibur of the other 2 at this point if you ask me. I think Dean and Seth steal the show in the ladder match.

I see how you got there, and it does make sense.
But I doubt it, Brock is not a guy you wanna Waste on Rusev. just like he shouldn't and wasn't Wasted on Shitback/ryback. And I gotta say Roman reigns is the most overrated, Boring, generic, Guy on the roster.
I know I can't change, the fact that his a future wwe champion. But I don't have to like it....

Roman sucks on the mic, in ring his not much better.
He's basically Cena point 2.0 with 4 signature moves of doom.

He's overrated only reason people cheer him, is many not all female fans, sees nothing but good looks and muscle. And men I guess it's the running through everyone.

Really You would think people was smarter by know, with Punk and Brian showing there's more..

Roman sucks on the mic, in ring his not much better.
He's basically Cena point 2.0 with 4 signature moves of doom.

He's overrated only reason people cheer him, is many not all female fans, sees nothing but good looks and muscle. And men I guess it's the running through everyone.

Really You would think people was smarter by know, with Punk and Brian showing there's more..

I have to agree with you. Roman Reigns is far outclassed by both Dean and Seth. Give it time and he could improve. However, I don't want WWE to force him to become champion too soon. Give him some time to shine and tell incredible stories and have great matches.

I'm not so certain that WWE wants Reigns to be the new "face" of WWE. I mean, that's been the indication according to various reports from the dirtsheets for the past 6-8 months, but how can we really know they're accurate? Generally speaking, 95% of everything the dirtsheets reported as what would likely be going down in regards to The Shield over the past half year has been dead wrong. In regards to when The Shield were breaking up, Ambrose & Rollins forming a heel tag team, keeping the group together while adding a new member to replace Reigns as the muscle, etc., the dirtsheets have had it wrong.

Right now, it certainly looks like Reigns is in the middle of a push. The crowd is responding well to him being on his own right now, but it's still early to make any sort of presumption as to whether or not Reigns will be the "face" of WWE. I can see him winning the title at some point in the next 6-12 months, but that doesn't automatically render someone as the "face" of the company. If WWE wants a "face" that's as family friendly and generally wholesome as John Cena, I don't see that when I look at Roman Reigns. Cena is naturally able to be childish at times, nauseatingly so every so often but not nearly as much as he used to be, and Reigns just doesn't strike me as being in that sort of mold. He has the strong, silent, brooding stud type of thing going on, which seems more in tune with who he is.

If WWE wants a "face" that's as family friendly and generally wholesome as John Cena, I don't see that when I look at Roman Reigns. Cena is naturally able to be childish at times, nauseatingly so every so often but not nearly as much as he used to be, and Reigns just doesn't strike me as being in that sort of mold. He has the strong, silent, brooding stud type of thing going on, which seems more in tune with who he is.

To be honest, I don't see that trait in any of the Shield members at the moment. Rollins would be the closest because his look and personality could probably be easiest to change to suit that kind of role. Crazy as it may sound, the guy who seems to be able to play up to the crowd the most and "could" fit that role is Bray Wyatt.

Now if somehow they could combine Reigns' look with Wyatt's promos... :)

I think when it comes down to it, the WWE has a good group of very talented guys who could move into the main events easily enough. None of them immediately scream "New Face of the WWE".

No f--king way. I didn't like Rusev at first but he's getting better now. You don't wanna spoil that by having him win the title immediately or even going after the title. Roman Reigns vs Brock Lesnar could be a great match so I would much rather see that match being reserved for WM next year. If Rock vs Reigns is the match, then Lesnar and Cesaro can have a match. Whilst I would love to see Cena vs Brock once again and I really want to see Brock beat Cena again, I just don't want Cena to be champ anytime soon. I don't think anybody wants that. Out of the 7 superstars, Wyatt is my favorite to win. How about this...

Wyatt wins MITB and has his first title defense at Battleground against Cena. He finally defeats him fair and square. Brock returns and claims that there is one last thing he has to do before going after the championship, and that is defeating Cena. Roman Reigns defeats Randy Orton at Battleground, while Cesaro defeats Sheamus to win the US championship.

At Summerslam...

Brock defeats Cena, Triple H defeats Roman Reigns and Bray Wyatt defeats Sheamus to retain the championship.

Night Of Champions, Brock defeats Cena again (not necessary but since there was a talk of having Brock compete at NOC this year... a rematch between these two is fine with me and is the most logical one). Cesaro can drop the US championship here to someone.

At the Survivor Series, Team Triple H defeats Team Roman Reigns.

At the Royal Rumble, Roman Reigns defeats Triple H to qualify for the Rumble and goes on to win the Rumble last eliminating Cesaro.

At Elimination Chamber, Bray Wyatt drops the championship to The Rock inside Elimination Chamber, also involving Daniel Bryan, Randy Orton, John Cena and Rusev maybe (this seems unlikely, but this is what I think is the best way to give the championship to Rock again, solely due to the fact that it builds other storylines for Wrestlemania inside the chamber and it's fun when a new champion is crowned at Elimination Chamber rather than at the Royal Rumble itself because that makes the Chamber PPV very predictable)

At Wrestlemania...

Bray Wyatt defeats Daniel Bryan

Roman Reigns defeats The Rock

Cesaro defeats Brock Lesnar

Maybe Triple H can have a match against Dean Ambrose while Seth Rollins takes on John Cena

The Rock isn't going to compete inside the Chamber is he? Come on now.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back