If TNA Puts Shows Like 1/12/12 Out Regularly, Should They Move to Mondays?

I also thought that IMPACT last night was excellent from top to bottom. 10X better than any WWE RAW in recent memory. Everything about IMPACT was entertaining, and alot of good wrestling, including the tag match. Only thing that could have made it better would have been to have a X-DIVISION match on the card, but an awesome showing.
Going to monday night's is too risky for TNA even though their wrestling show is better than RAW right now. If they could continue the quality of showing they did last night I would say put it against SMACKDOWN first, and see how it work's then if it is successful eventually try another monday night schedule, and see how it play's out. I just don't think the WWE marks will ever give TNA their support, and would rather watch garbage than entertainment. My opinion only.

Well guys, thanks for your comments. U guys gave a me a proper idea that it is not THAT TIME YET. But i would like to know from u all, about how can atleast they INCREASE THEIR RATINGS. should they move to Tuesdays, as once i read in WZ.
to be honest i like their product and i want to see them getting better ratings for that.

TELL ME GUYZ...

hell yah...

No. They need to stop trying to compete and accept that they are #2 and put on their shows based on that. Stay away from counter programming on Mondays and Fridays. Honestly with TUF moving off Spike I would move to Wednesday night but thats just me

Well guys, thanks for your comments. U guys gave a me a proper idea that it is not THAT TIME YET. But i would like to know from u all, about how can atleast they INCREASE THEIR RATINGS. should they move to Tuesdays, as once i read in WZ.
to be honest i like their product and i want to see them getting better ratings for that.

TELL ME GUYZ...

hell yah...

as you can see their are just to ,any WWE mark's that don't want TNA to succeed. They can't stand to have people say that TNA has a better wrestling show than WWE, so the yaconstantly put negativity on TNA, and praise the shit out of WWE. As long as wrestling fan's in general want to support more than one wrestling organization then TNA will exist, and rise above the mark haters.

After their disastrous attempt to takeover Monday nights in 2010, I think it's better that they stay on Thursdays and build their audience there.

However, I will defend TNA, as the shows they were producing whilst live on Mondays were absolutely brilliant and were blowing WWE out of the water. It's just a shame the viewing audience didn't tune in.

TNA doesn't have much say when they air their show. They would have to go through Spike and I don't see Spike being as accommodating after last time.

There is room for more than one wrestling company to survive. TNA needs to stay on Thursday and keep building. You're not going to build a huge brand overnight. WolfNyte makes a great point in that while WCW was a newer name the NWA was around for a LONG time.
as you can see their are just to ,any WWE mark's that don't want TNA to succeed. They can't stand to have people say that TNA has a better wrestling show than WWE, so the yaconstantly put negativity on TNA, and praise the shit out of WWE. As long as wrestling fan's in general want to support more than one wrestling organization then TNA will exist, and rise above the mark haters.

There are TNA marks who want the WWE to fail, so? I don't understand why people have to whine all the time. Haters are haters. They have been around forever. There were people who hated the Attitude Era.

TNA has problem with marketing, not the product. The product is fine, it's not too obscene, it's not too kiddy, it has something for everybody. The jaded fans will hate it but when have they liked anything?

TNA has issues with promoting their own show, getting the name out there and simply having a plan or a model that will propell them. The current state of affairs in pro wrestling is also a huge issue. People don't give a shit about wrestling anymore. It's as simple as that. Look at the patterns ..

WWE's ratings aren't going up. In fact, they're going down. TNA's ratings aren't going up either. This is not a TNA or WWE thing, this is a wrestling thing. Wrestling has hit a plateau. Hard. People outside of these 4-5 million watching it (if it's not even less), simply couldn't give a rat's furry ass about what goes on in pro wrestling.

It's not because they grew out of it, it's because right now there's AWESOME shows on TV, with awesome writing and awesome concepts that keep us all tuned in and interested. You take a show like "Breaking Bad", you take a show like "House", some of the CSI shows, you name it, you take that writing and how compelling and interesting it is, and then compare it to Impact Wrestling or RAW and it's underwhelming how shitty both are compared to the non-wrestling TV shows.

Some will say that comparing a non-wrestling TV show with a wrestling TV show is unfair, and that's a good point, but at the end of the day Impact Wrestling is a TV show. It has a cast of characters - the wrestlers. It has storylines and it has a theme. It has its own scripts, it has its own production, it's just the concept that's different.

At the moment pro wrestling is not offering anything to the viewer to keep them watching. The only people tuning in are the really, really, really die-hard wrestling fans, TNA or WWE, who can't let go aside from wrestling being nowhere near as good as it used to be.

So there's no simple answer to the ratings issue in TNA or WWE. Who knows, maybe pro wrestling is simply dying and it's going to get worse and worse with every passing year. Personally, I don't think great shows will do anything for the ratings issue. Have 5 star matches, 5 star storylines, 5 star anything - you need something special. Something mainstream. Something that will generate a buzz. All of that must go with a 5 star show filled with all the familiar elements. Wrestling is old news. We've seen everything, we've gone through every storyline, every great moment, every innovative concept or any controversial development. Wrestling is done for. So enjoy what you have left while you can, it ain't much.

Last night was another step forward in TNA's journey to get back to giving us a decent wrestling show. For the past few weeks TNA has been improving with decent storylines and good in ring action however this by no means shows that TNA is ready to compete with WWE. As others have said TNA is simply another wrestling show rather than real competition for the WWE and especially not against Raw. People will continue to watch Raw as it is what they have done for years, it is irrelevant how good the show is as people will simply turn it on as a default setting.

TNA needs to continue what they are doing and improve even more. Keep providing us with good entertainment and good wrestling and eventually the dirt sheets will start to talk positively about them again and in turn more viewers will tune in. I really hope TNA continues in the vain they have of late but I fear the iminent return of Hogan will derail things and we will see more of the same drivel we got in 2011. Fingers crossed though!

no no no no no no and no.
TNA tried Monday nights and they failed miserably. TNA need to forget what WWE are doung, they are lightyears apart in all facets. The only thing TNA has better is the inring product, and at times with Flair and Hogan and even Sting in the ring that uis a stretch. TNA can NEVER match WWE in ratings, live attendance, merchandise, tv advertising. What TNA need to do is be on a night with no direct competition, have a live Thursday or Wednesday night show so their 3 and 4 weeks of results are not leaked all over the internet so people dont have to bother tuning in to Impact, have their tv shows in arenas full of fans who actually pay to see the product, stop utiklising broken down old ex WWE talent and continue to nuture their own. Sign the odd ex WWE guy and use their name and draweing power to elevate the current crop of stars then let them go, do not base you rimmediate booking and creative around one guy who was punted from WWE for drug use, alcohol abuse, injuries, not over, plain shit. TNA Have the roster to draw impressive ratings and have success, but they WILL NEVER BE ON THE SAME LEVEL AS WWE. People forget WWE has been around for near 50 years, TNA are in their 10th year. The reason WWE is going so shitful with their on air product is simple: they have no relevant competition, so they can draw their 3.0 and 2.8 and it doesnt hurt, because they have nobody biting at their heals trying to take their spot, Tna barely crack 1.2 ratings xonsistently. Until ratings, live events and inept booking are rife in TNA, they have no business being on a televisioon on Monday or Friday nights, unless Dixie wants to continue throwing away more of Daddy's millions

We do not need another Monday night war. Let Wwe have Monday nights and Tna can have Thursday nights. I like wrestling three times a week. I do not want to switch between channels watching different wrestling promotions in one night. I do hope Tna will go live, be on the road, build production, tv quality and high ratings but all on Thursday nights. They do not need to be on Monday nights for Wwe to tighten up. We all should be nervous that Wwe is pulling a high 2 point something in ratings. If they keep falling, the network will let you go when you become expendable. While I like both promotions, Tna wrestling to me is better with some good promos but Wwe is better at everything else. People say that the Wwe is where everybody wants to be. Right now this is true but if the ratings keep falling, then comes contract renegotiations for the company and the wrestlers. Wwe get better at the wrestling and Tna needs to get better at everything else and we will always have wrestling.

TNA is getting really really good but your going to have these people that think otherwise due to their loyalty to wwe and that's all right. TNA has been getting really good at telling a story and is something i felt was missing, everything felt rushed. TNA has kept me interested before BFG and can't wait for the next show. As i was watching TNA last night i thought if they would have pyro it would make the show that much more better, Everything you mentioned OP i agree with.

One MAJOR problem with TNA is the impact zone, most of time they have a hot crowd that gets into the show and other times they just set on their hands. The TNA impact zone is part of universal studios.. These people that go to the show is there to rest and to watch a show and not a wrestling fan. This is why i don't mind TNA using canned heat.

I Hope TNA goes on the road, even though the fans attendance would be low, i think they fans that buy a ticket would be majority of wrestling fans and be a little more rowdy and make they show she exciting.

@donnelllangs i agree with you, we don't need another monday night war, at least right now. I Would though like to see TNA move from Thursdays to Tuesdays.

You know I HATE when people compare TNA to WCW because its impossible to do.

Lets look at WCW...Prior to being WCW it was NWA and they OWNED the south hence why ole Ted purchased it. WWF was the North and NWA was the south and that was the bottom line. You had a huge fan following not just 1 million loyal fans that give you around a 1 rating but NWA was the shit if you lived down south. WWE was that yankee crap wrestling.

Even when they became WCW it was rare for them to come above the mason dixon line as well as WWF going below it. Then WCW with Bishoff set up a show in Hartford CT WWF's back yard. I remember cause I was there in my horsemen shirt. Finally WCW was in the North and that was the end of the nicities.

TNA doesnt even come close to having the tallent or fan base of NWA you may recall the new NWA belts were yanked from TNA a few years ago and they are no longer allowed to use them in their orginization.

You cant compare the history of the NWA/WCW to Jeff Jarett and his TNA cause it just aint there. ROH blows them out of the water anyways.

I Hate it when these WWE marks says stuff like "TNA IS FAILING BECAUSE IT'S BEEN AROUND FOR 10 YEARS AND STILL HASNT BEAT WWE (OR) RAITINGS HAVE MANTAINED IN THE SAME AREA..

NWA Was Founded in 1948 (i think), So if you think about it, WCW was NWA and so WCW already had a large fanbase and it's not like WCW did it in under 10 years either.

:disappointed: Are you kidding? Ok.. first of all you just named like 1O things wrong with TNA like their quick fixes. Second of all... WWE's product isnt as good as it has been yet they are still WAYYYY higher than TNA in ratings. As bad as TNA'S ratings are now... how do you think they would be when WWE is on too.

And another thing... people are talking about how bad WWE'S product is right now. WWE to me is going through a process right now to where they are building the future so that their product gets better. Think about it.. In a few years ( maybe this year) you are going to have all the guys that are in their prime now in WWE (CM Punk, Miz, Orton) PLUS the new breed of main eventers... (ziggler, barrett, rhodes)

If TNA moved to Monday nights who do you think a wrestling fan would rather watch?

RAW- where you see great fueds and young superstars that have great futures

TNA- a bunch of washed up superstars that most of them got kicked outta WWE for pot?

The fans that bash WWE are too caught up in the old WWE era and superstars when they should be excited to what WWE is about to be... But thats another thread.

:banghead:

TNA is getting really really good but your going to have these people that think otherwise due to their loyalty to wwe and that's all right. TNA has been getting really good at telling a story and is something i felt was missing, everything felt rushed. TNA has kept me interested before BFG and can't wait for the next show. As i was watching TNA last night i thought if they would have pyro it would make the show that much more better, Everything you mentioned OP i agree with.

What have you been watching? TNA right? The show that has a stacked PPV card that should turn out great but goes down the toilet and has almost all the endings end in a no contest?

Yea that sounds real good.

The move to Monday nights that TNA tried before (it's hard to believe that it was almost two years ago now!) didn't work in their favor, but I think that the live aspect was a fantastic move. The shows TNA put on in early 2010 on Monday nights were better than the shows they were doing before, but they were trying to rely on Bischoff's old tricks. Those tricks involved putting Hogan & Flair into matches, and relying more on older established talent. Granted, they were trying to push AJ, Abyss & Joe at that time, but things seemed to revolve mostly around RVD, Hogan, Flair, and "The Band".

Personally, I think that TNA would eventually get even lower ratings if they moved to Monday nights right now, due to the competition from WWE. I don't think anyone's trying to argue that point; WWE simply has a bigger wrestling audience. The wrestling fans are going to tune in to WWE, even if TNA were to continue running ads for Impact ("Live Right Now!!") on USA (during Raw).

TNA's major problem right now is that they're running a taped show. I think that Impact would get bigger ratings if they ran live shows on Thursday nights, in their current time-slot. I know that their current schedule doesn't allow for this, and they would stand the chance of losing some of their current roster. Guys like Kurt Angle, etc like the current schedule, because they can tape a whole month's worth of shows in one week...then they only have to show up for the PPV at the end of the month.

TNA should try to go live every Thursday, even if they stay in the Impact Zone. They could try doing every other show live (like they did two years ago), but the problem with that is that the live shows turn into "supershows" that TNA feels like they have to treat live PPVs. The live shows I remember from early 2010 involved RVD beating AJ for the World title, Jay Lethal winning the X-Division title, and the "big" tag match, which featured AJ & Flair vs. Hogan & Abyss. Obviously those matches were PPV caliber, and they gave them away on free TV...TNA was trying to add PPV excitement to their weekly show, and it didn't work; at least not in the way they wanted (or expected).

Moving Impact to Monday night on a permanent basis might work in the long run. I don't have a crystal ball, nor do I really know anything about TV ratings or anything like that. Who knows? Now that TNA has more established "non-WWE" stars, they might stand a better chance than they did in 2010. If TNA continues to remain a taped show, then they'll ALWAYS stay behind the WWE in every aspect. It's the same reason why Raw is the WWE's "A show", and Smackdown is the "B show". If Raw was suddenly taped ahead of time, and Smackdown was the live show, it's completely possible that the ratings would flip-flop for those two shows. Wrestling works better when it's live on television. It always has, and it always will. In my opinion, TNA needs to worry about presenting Impact live (on a permanent basis) before they should worry about their time-slot. They're making money with their current situation, though...so I don't think we'll see such a drastic change made in the near-future. At this point in the game, changing their time-slot/day the show is on would be entirely too risky.

lol wut?

TNA gets 3 million less viewers than Raw. Remember when they tried "competing" in 2010? They got destroyed. It's not like all the TNA viewers are TNA viewers only like how many WCW Nitro viewers were Nitro viewers only.

TNA should focus on TNA. Start traveling regularly for Impact. Stop being in the impact zone where the crowd DOES NOT CARE what happens in the ring and just stand or sit there with blank looks on their faces. Then start trying to go live.

So one decent Impact and the TNA Fans are ready to declare they are ready to go back to Mondays. Im sorry do I need to go back & point out what happened in 2010. What happend there? They got there ass handed to them and ran back to Thursdays with their tails tucked. TNA should stay right where they are and stop trying to compete with WWE.

First things first, it's true that right now WWE's product is not the best it has ever been, but it's far from their worst and it's still drawing bigger than TNA is. With that said WWE is on the up, less pay-per-views, bigger build times for angles, 2012 will be a good year for WWE, just you watch.

It's easy for the WWE to draw better than TNA, they're relying on their brand. They could put on dead air and possibly outdraw TNA, that's easy. They're sinking as far as ratings go so it's a poor comparison.

WWE is NOT on the up. Less PPV's mean less revenue. They're decreasing them because the buyrates are down and it's an idea of how to improve things. The WWE network is the dead elephant in the room, the channel the industry doesn't want to touch with a 10 ft. pole. They're gonna push it back all year until they realize it's a failure in the making.

Even with that being said, stop comparing the two. It's apples and apple-flavored foodstuff.

TNA has their ups and downs, i really liked the Storm/Angle match they had and i also enjoyed the Roode and Hardy match UNTIL the end of that said match. the problem i have with TNA is they end most of their main events (when they have a heel champion) with some type of DQ or cheap win. Roode is not looking like a strong champion. he had to get himself DQed to retain vs. Hardy at the ppv and then had Bully Ray help him retain. i know a heel usually cheats, but at least have Roode somehow cheat and not get caught, but i agree that TNA has potential to be great. i like Roode and want him to be made to look like a strong champion. Storm in my book should be the guy to take the title OFF Roode because he has in ring skills and has the ability to cut great promos. he (Storm) has a bright future.

That's what great about his character though, he's the ultimate cheater and will do anything to win. That's what makes it logical that he keeps the belt for so long.

I don't care how good iMPACT is, giving away amazing matches on free TV just adds to their terrible PPV buyrates, and huge let downs.

The list of flops for PPVs in the last year have been enough to keep me from spending a penny on their company.

i agree with what you said i am not going to bury TNA anymore but when they do every week indeed give away PPV matches for free where is the need to order a actual PPV?

Yea you're right, they should put on crappy shows with crappy meaningless matchs to satisfy you!

People are a riot they hate wrestling a product because the shows are good. You must have been a laugh during the Attitude Era.

I think Impact Wrestling needs to stay on Thursday nights, they have carved out a very nice niche for themselves for the size company they are, and should continue to build on that that. There is no need to go head to head with RAW, especially in this day and age where wrestling is not anywhere near as popular as it was 10 - 20 years ago. Nitro and RAW going head to head worked in the mid to late 90s because there was such a huge audience for wrestling back then, that audience just isn't there anymore. So why move from a successful spot on Thursday(and we can all agree and disagree all day long as to whether or not TNA is successful or not, but we don't know whether Spike is unhappy with the ratings or not)to go to Mondays where you may lose a good chunk of your core audience to RAW or whatever else may be running on Monday nights? Its a bad business decision.

TNA should not be going head to head with WWE, not anytime soon, not unless they have some miracle big splash angle/story line the same way WCW had with nWo. (Immortal didn't work). THAT (nWo) is what made WCW what it was and gave them the lead over WWE at the time. that's lightning in a bottle, something unlikely to happen again. without the nWo WCW would have never been higher than WWE.

TNA hasn't even done enough to bring up ratings on their current night of Thursday.
quarterly ratings are in from this most recent Impact. despite 2 PPV quality matches in the 2nd hour, the first hour had better ratings.
http://www.tnainsider.com/topic/9651-tna-impact-wrestling-quarter-hour-ratings-for-january-12-2012/
1st hour- 1.17
2nd hour- 1.10
(maybe because of Jersey Shore at 10 PM?)

should TNA maybe be changing from Thursday to another not that's not Monday? maybe Tuesday/Wednesday? I don't know really what airs on those nights specifically from 9-11, but I imagine on Thursdays one show to give TNA great competition is Jersey Shore on MTV.

I have no idea how much money TNA makes on a PPV compared to how much money they make on advertising during Impact Wrestling on TV. a PPV is not the ultimate pay off. how many people actually BUY the PPV anyway? or how many are rather streaming it fro free online? I've been watching wrestling for a long time, including PPV's ..but I've never once bought a PPV. for me it would be a waste of money when I can watch it online for free.

TNA needs to do something to bring in the casual viewers, bring in NEW viewers. many people are channel surfing and landing on Impact Wrestling during an episode. what TNA needs to do is make them stay once they start watching and hook them to stay.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back