TNA should move Impact against Smackdown, not Raw

Trill Co$by

Believes in The Shield!
Ok so yeah it's been almost a month now since the Monday night battle... Not war because a war has more than one battle.

And what we saw was WWE kill TNA in the ratings. And you know, that's a buzz kill completely. So with that people are now asking, where does that put TNA? They couldn't take down their rival's number one show, so what do they do now?

It's simple...

Rage a mini-war against their B-Show, Friday Night Smackdown. Stay with me here people, and you'll see what I mean.

Right now, TNA has proven that they aren't ready for Raw, however, that's not to say that the two prerecorded shows can't go head to head. With Smackdown pulling in lower ratings, that gives TNA a smaller target so they can gear up for the bigger one.

I mean sure, this would lead to TNA being on Fridays, but this would also lead to the first ever Friday night wars. And to be honest with you, it would help TNA understand just where they're truly at on the WWE radar. It would give them an idea of if they're just a tad bit below Raw, or if they're just no where close and can't even beat the B-Show. And in which case, they would then go to the C-Show of ECW, and then the D-Show of Superstars...

Basically, it's an old war strategy of finding the "chink in the armor" and seeing just where TNA should capitalize at.

Anyway, what do you guys think of a Friday Night wars between Smackdown and Impact?

I don't think this is what TNA wants. What I mean by that is, TNA is obviously trying to make a statement, and some day become the #1 wrestling company in the world. Going up against WWE's B show wouldn't really prove anything expect for the fact that TNA can't compete with WWE. It's like TNA saying,"Yeah were not good enough to go up against Raw, so we'll take on Smackdown instead". They might as well just admit defeat if they do that.

It's still too early to judge all this. Impact has only went up against Raw one time. We will just have to wait and see how this whole saga will unfold.

That would be a horrible move. No one is going to watch on Friday nights. I'm sure WWE would still probably win and TNA's ratings would probably be around .5 or so. If TNA is going to go at the WWE, it has to be on Monday's. Not only is no one watching on Friday's, but what does it really accomplish if Impact beats Smackdown? Nothing at all.

This would be the worst possible move for TNA to make.

Ok so yeah it's been almost a month now since the Monday night battle... Not war because a war has more than one battle.

And what we saw was WWE kill TNA in the ratings. And you know, that's a buzz kill completely. So with that people are now asking, where does that put TNA? They couldn't take down their rival's number one show, so what do they do now?

It's simple...

Rage a mini-war against their B-Show, Friday Night Smackdown. Stay with me here people, and you'll see what I mean.

Right now, TNA has proven that they aren't ready for Raw, however, that's not to say that the two prerecorded shows can't go head to head. With Smackdown pulling in lower ratings, that gives TNA a smaller target so they can gear up for the bigger one.

I mean sure, this would lead to TNA being on Fridays, but this would also lead to the first ever Friday night wars. And to be honest with you, it would help TNA understand just where they're truly at on the WWE radar. It would give them an idea of if they're just a tad bit below Raw, or if they're just no where close and can't even beat the B-Show. And in which case, they would then go to the C-Show of ECW, and then the D-Show of Superstars...

Basically, it's an old war strategy of finding the "chink in the armor" and seeing just where TNA should capitalize at.

Anyway, what do you guys think of a Friday Night wars between Smackdown and Impact?

Yes, logistically speaking that makes sense to do, but that's not the goal here. You're simply thinking too short-term. This is all about risk v. reward, in that the higher the risk, the greater the (chance at) reward.

The idea with going against the number one rated sports-entertainment show in the world is notoriety. Notoriety is a risk, and a calculated one at that, but a risk nonetheless. Going against the B-show doesn't give you the same notoriety, so the same reward isn't as great for a lesser risk. Worse yet, if you fail to beat the B-show, the majority of the audience would in fact think that your product was a failure, whereas had you actually gone up against the A-show and even marginally took away from it's steam, you've established a much more solid footing in terms of going the distance to knock the giant down.

Bottom line here, as much as this makes sense in terms of taking "steps", TNA has no interest in doing such a thing. They picked a fight with a bully who's four times the size of them, and while it might make all the sense in the world to take him down from the knees up, they're going straight for his throat instead. Like I said before – high risk, high reward.

I think a "Friday Night War" would be a bad idea for right now. TNA would have to first become as big of a threat as WCW was, and they would need to create a second show to compete with Smackdown. TNA should NOT have Impact compete with Smackdown (warning: bad joke) because they will make a much larger IMPACT (lol) if they go up against Raw. TNA went up against Raw on the 4th and got the highest rated show in TNA history DESPITE COMPETING WITH RAW! That's a good sign that TNA would have that much needed small chance of surviving if they made the monday night showing of Impact a permanent thing. That is what they should do, not compete with Smackdown. Besides.... not everyone gets to watch Smackdown at the same time and it's not live. Having a live version of Impact go up against Raw would be the better choice since TNA will do more damage to WWE by competing with its top show.

It's a much better idea. Even with three hours, all the debuts and the first battle in 9 years, TNA still barely broke their normal Thursday audience. Without the first hou and 5 minutes, TNA would have been arseraped. Smackdown is on a shit channel and a shit day. Attacking it has a pro and con, made clear from that sentence. By putting on a live show to go against WWE's taped one, they have an advantage. By being on a channel that is growing against one that is floundering, they have an advantage.

TNA is absolutely nowhere near challenging Raw, and you're kidding yourself if you think otherwise. Hulk Hogan can't debut every week, and we shall see next time TNA plan this that it will be a catastrophic let down. Smackdown is barely ahead of TNA in the ratings, and with a bit of a push, they could catch and pass it, before moving on and going after Raw. Nitro could go straight after Raw because they had the money to make it look better and make it live every week. TNA can't do that, and the realistic choice is to go after a weaker show.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back