TNA vs. Smackdown! would be better?

#hamler

That's all folks.
If this has been done before...sorry.

This thread’s topic question is: should TNA “pick” or compete against WWE’s second rate show instead of Monday Night RAW?

Let’s face it, TNA is sucking at their ratings right now. They went from a .8 to a .9 rating and they thought this was good? Come on, you can’t compete with the WWE’s top show on Monday nights. TNA iMPACT should move their shows to Friday nights at 8, or same as Smackdown. Their talents are one in the same, think about it, Smackdown has up and coming stars on their show wrestling in innovative matches just like TNA. For some reason for the last 10 years, Smackdown has been WWE’s second rate show, when many people debate that it is better than RAW because of the action. I know that TNA is moving their time slot to 8, one hour before RAW but still, the second hour of the show (Most important part) will lose viewers to RAW.

So what do you guys think, stay on Monday nights or go to Friday Nights to compete with Smackdown?

Their talents are one in the same, think about it, Smackdown has up and coming stars on their show wrestling in innovative matches just like TNA.

Hogan, Flair, Nash, Foley, Jarrett, Hall, Sting.
Morrison, Edge, McIntyre, Punk, Hardy, Ziggler.

You tell me those two lists of talent are one and the same. I get your point that TNA has the X-division and young talent like Pope and Wolfe but they predominately use the older talent than the younger.

The Main Event Mafia, Sting vs Foley for the title, Foley's title reign. Just a few of the storylines being run by TNA last year. Not exactly Hardy/Punk is it?

I'm not denying TNA have the young talent to match Smackdown or even WWE as a whole, but they are more like Raw in the fact that the older heads steer the ship as opposed to the young talent. TNA finally run AJ as the worlld champ but don't have the faith in him to carry the brand on his own so they throw Flair into the mix.

Ratings wise, yeah SD! is a reachable target but to go head to head would do more damage in the long run as the key demographic go out on a friday night. To split a diminished audience between a trusted show and a new product would not give TNA any better ratings than what they are getting now.

What purpose would that do? Show that they can either beat, do the same, or do worse, than the second show in the rival company? Whoopdy doo. That is like me going to a radio station (another school related analogy for me) only to want to beat a subsidiary station in the ratings rather than the big popular station. You don't do it. Sure it gives you a little confidence that you can hang with the B-Show, but it really does nothing for you in the long run.

You have to try and go after the big dog, which is also on the considered "night of wrestling" which is Monday nights. You go big or you go home, and while I am not as big fan of TNA as I was in '04-'08, I credit them for going after it. Should TNA not succeed in the long run, I hope they do succeed because as we all know competition is best for the fans, but if they don't it won't be because they sat back and took what they got. They went for it hard.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back