If things were different: Drew Mcintyre

kirkt690

imapaulheymankindaguy22
So yes I'm a Drew Mcintyre fan, but a 2010 drew fan not a 2012-2013 drew fan. Drew had all the momentum in the world going for him in 2010 ic title beating big name superstars like Kane, and Rey. He debuted the greatest heel entrance ever at elimination chamber 2010. And he had this outlaw kinda of badass demeanour to him. He had the look and feel of being a future top heel in the company. If he had stayed that way instead of being heath Slater's backup (pun intended), do you think he'd be a big time player yet or do you think he would've eventually faded out?? (Considering the tiffany thing didn't happen either)

I was definitely a fan of Drew Mcintyre when he made his debut as The Chosen One and had a really good heel run. Became IC champ and had a lot of good feuds with the guys you named. But I have a feeling the same thing happened to him that happened to John Morrison which is girlfriend issues. He just like Morrison was dating a diva who wasn't exactly all that stable in her mindset. I believe his decline really set in after the fight in the hotel happened with him and his girlfriend. After that I feel like Vince and othe staff were pretty upset and canceled all of his momentum to where now he's a lame jobber. Which is why I fully believe you shouldn't date someone you work with.

Drew has that thick Scottish accent in which he can recite nursery rhymes and it'll still sound dangerous. I also have it on good authority that he's a very sexy man.

Rewind to 2010, I made my return after not watching for a good couple of years and this guy was main-eventing. I don't know who I was expecting, maybe Rock, maybe Undertaker, I don't know, but he was generic as shit back then.

Now he has a colourful gimmick, he looks like he's having fun with 3MB and I hope he works his way back up the food chain. He has lots of talent.

This issue has been brought up before but it's been a while since we had a thread on it. My answer remains the same as it was in the thread(s) from long ago. Drew had a huge push that he ended up not getting but should have. If it weren't for the drama caused by the fight with Tiffany then I absolutely think he would have made it to the world title scene. The "Chosen One" storyline is one that most wrestlers can only dream of having given to them. Drew was extremely lucky to receive that initial push, and then that luck turned upside down when the push ended before it really got him anywhere.

He also saw some success as Intercontinental Champion and Tag Team Champion. Not good enough though right? Everyone "has" to be a world champion in order to be viewed as having had any type of success. Drew's done better than most. Yes, I'd like to have seen him make it higher up the card by now but for whatever reason (some say it was Tiffany drama, others say he wasn't over enough, etc) it did not happen. We can speculate all we want, he still suffered through not having any relevant storylines for a while. As silly as it is, the 3MB angle saved his career when he was going nowhere. I'd rather he be in the world title tier by now but I'll take the musician character over him being future endeavoured and he seemed to be headed in that direction for a while.

Drew McIntyre is another example of where WWE is dropping the ball. His gimmick was over with fans especially after his issues with Teddy Long. Drew's momentum died after suspensions and domestic issues. His gimmick didn't need to change, his push needed to continue (much like Jack Swagger after DUI) now however he needs to change his gimmick BACK to restore his glory and potential he needs help such as a title and a new direction or partner.

Drew McIntyre could EASILY have been injected into a tagteam with any other European wrestler such as Wade Barrett, Antonio Cesaro, Sheamus or William Regal and not only became a formidable tag team, but later a stable.

Now you can say a few things about this...
1. Wade Barrett is my #1 choice to be Drew Mac's teammate because of their accents and similar stature and gimmicks. This would have worked MUCH better as a heel group than The CORRE or 3MB

2. Sheamus - see Wade Barrett. These two actually teamed briefly during Royal Rumble a few years ago to elimanate many other superstars a heel alliance between the two could eventually bring about The Euopean 2Man Power Trip.

3. Antonio Cesaro - the least likely guy to team with Drew Mac because he's relavitely new to the company, but his heel character has the US Title and no edge. But these 2 Europeans could easily make each other better with contrasting sizes and styles and a keen eye on greatness would do Drew Mac some good.

4. William Regal - This is the no-brainer that could work right now if done properly. Drew McIntyre has fallen from grace and reduced to jobbing. After an initial suggestion the two form a uneasy mentor/mentee program that ends with Drew siding with Regal and demolishing his 3MB members and would THAT ALONE get you to take him seriously. These two can do wonders together because Regal has no need to get singles gold.

From #4 William Regal being Drew McIntyre's manager/tagteam partner/confidant much like Ric Flair in Evolution I can see WWE successfully giving us an Evolution like stable with 3/4 of the guys I've mentioned or even stretch the tag team division with credible heel teams

Thanks 4 reading

I like Drew and to be honest I think he's being wasted in this 3MB out of the 3 of them he seems the most credible as a 'rock star' gimmick wise, I think he has this Bret Michaels look about him. He's the best in ring, Slater sells well but i see nothing much else. I like Drew as he has good ring psychology and can be aggressive I seem similarities with Orton in that respect. He had great matches on Superstars before 3MB. And if we look back i'm sure he was the last IC Champion who they actually put time into him storyline wise. He don't get that anymore not near the extent we did with Drew.

I really dont know what happened to him. To me he was on a big roll then rolled off the face of the earth. Im huge fans of people like him and Alex Riley. But the E doesn't use them like they should. Drew could have been a world champion by now.

I agree with nWo2. The stable idea could have been good maybe even great. But I could still see Drew getting that push he deserves. What if he is the one who comes out of 3MB on top exclaiming how he deserves to be treated better and that he is sick of being the butt of all jokes.
He could still be a heel and he could go back to that serious side that we saw at EC 2010. Even if he went face he could easily be put on track by someone like Punk who could begin the argument saying he doesnt deserve anything and should shut up. They have a match and Drew would win with Punk putting him over and leading to a feud.

Just my two cents. But Drew deserves more, maybe I'm biased because I live in Scotland about ten minutes from where he lives but hey, I call's em like I see's em.

I think what WWE should have done with Drew is what the did in I think was SvR12, I'm maybe wrong bout that was have the United Kingdom faction of himself, Wade, Sheamus and Regal. You have the experience of Regal and the 3 young-ish guys who have definite futures in WWE. I'm from the same town as Drew in Ayrshire and have ran into him a few times in the gym and he still has the passion for the business, it's just not that WWE does. Look back at that entire chamber match from 2010. He came and destroyed people, putting people threw the pods etc. That's when he should have got his worl title push but no we got hit with the same old WWE crap

I liked Drew McIntyre back in 2009 to 2011. I thought that he had a great look and wasn't a bad talker. He got a lot of heat from the crowd, and being a heel, he needed just that. His win against John Morrison for the WWE Intercontinental Championship really made me believe they were going places with him. Interjecting him in the mini feud with Edge over Kelly Kelly in February 2011 was smart, as it tested the waters with a main event star. I still remember the intensity he had inside the Elimination Chamber. It pains me to say now that I thought this guy was going places. Oh how sad.

I cannot believe how far off the radar he has fallen. 3MB may have been an entertaining concept... on paper, but how could you do this to Drew McIntyre? The same Drew McIntyre who was on the cusp of the main event on SmackDown in 2010. It is very, very sad. If his push had continue full pelt, I believe he would be at the top of SmackDown. I understand Raw and SmackDown merged a while back, but he would be more of a SmackDown star. He would be a perfect guy to feud with Sheamus, just like Wade Barrett. McIntyre holds a certain intensity and you can naturally hate him, so feuding with Sheamus would bring the best out of Sheamus, in my opinion, but of course, things have changed.

What to do with him? Because he has fallen so far from grace, it would be difficult to start over. The best thing you could do is remove him from TV for four to five months, bring him back by attacking Sheamus or someone, interjecting him in a good feud that allows him to talk, wrestle and show his potential. I think that it would still take time for fans to get back into Drew McIntyre, but I think it is a risk WWE should take. He could be a top talent, but as is the case with most WWE superstars, the talent is being wasted. Drew McIntyre especially.

McIntyre will build back up but over time, remember he went through his mother dying which is likely the main reason he was being used as he was, having your wife nearly screw your career and have a dying mother isn't conducive to "Titan Training" and giving 100%. 3MB isn't the heights he once scaled, but they get a good chunk of TV time and he is becoming more of the focal point over time, and is likely to be the one who turns face on the others for a push.

I think a great tag partner for him would be Christian, NXT already has a British team as their tag champs so he and Barrett would be surplus when they come up. Have Christian come back and team with Drew as an E&C type team to face the now 2MB, when Drew begins to overshadow Christian can turn on him.

This issue has been brought up before but it's been a while since we had a thread on it. My answer remains the same as it was in the thread(s) from long ago. Drew had a huge push that he ended up not getting but should have. If it weren't for the drama caused by the fight with Tiffany then I absolutely think he would have made it to the world title scene. The "Chosen One" storyline is one that most wrestlers can only dream of having given to them. Drew was extremely lucky to receive that initial push, and then that luck turned upside down when the push ended before it really got him anywhere.

He also saw some success as Intercontinental Champion and Tag Team Champion. Not good enough though right? Everyone "has" to be a world champion in order to be viewed as having had any type of success. Drew's done better than most. Yes, I'd like to have seen him make it higher up the card by now but for whatever reason (some say it was Tiffany drama, others say he wasn't over enough, etc) it did not happen. We can speculate all we want, he still suffered through not having any relevant storylines for a while. As silly as it is, the 3MB angle saved his career when he was going nowhere. I'd rather he be in the world title tier by now but I'll take the musician character over him being future endeavoured and he seemed to be headed in that direction for a while.

Hit the nail on the head here my friend! 3MB has given him more tv time and is getting noticed albeit not the way he could be gimmick wise!

I think what WWE should have done with Drew is what the did in I think was SvR12, I'm maybe wrong bout that was have the United Kingdom faction of himself, Wade, Sheamus and Regal. You have the experience of Regal and the 3 young-ish guys who have definite futures in WWE. I'm from the same town as Drew in Ayrshire and have ran into him a few times in the gym and he still has the passion for the business, it's just not that WWE does. Look back at that entire chamber match from 2010. He came and destroyed people, putting people threw the pods etc. That's when he should have got his worl title push but no we got hit with the same old WWE crap

Haha yeah totally, this should have happened no doubt about it!

McIntyre will build back up but over time, remember he went through his mother dying which is likely the main reason he was being used as he was, having your wife nearly screw your career and have a dying mother isn't conducive to "Titan Training" and giving 100%. 3MB isn't the heights he once scaled, but they get a good chunk of TV time and he is becoming more of the focal point over time, and is likely to be the one who turns face on the others for a push.

I think a great tag partner for him would be Christian, NXT already has a British team as their tag champs so he and Barrett would be surplus when they come up. Have Christian come back and team with Drew as an E&C type team to face the now 2MB, when Drew begins to overshadow Christian can turn on him.

I also think as Mcintyre has time on his side he will slowly move back up the card, he has too much of a presence not to!

He did have the potential and the momentum for a major push. He also had the blessing. The "chosen one" could/should be a world champion by now. Drew has talent and can draw heat. The Teddy Long feud is memorable and proves that he can be a top heel; however I think his chance is gone. There is no way that he can recover from the 3MB to the heights of a world title.

There is no way that he can recover from the 3MB to the heights of a world title.

It's hard to say. Being in 3MB is still better than sitting on the sidelines, as Drew was forced to do two years ago. At least he's getting some TV time on the main shows now. He's certainly shown he can work effectively. (Did you see that boot he delivered to Ryback on Monday night? Jeez.)

On the other hand, yes, maybe being stuck in a group that has gone totally jobber is an indication he's headed to Primo-Epico land and will never get a real shot again.

As for the Chosen One thing, I still insist it was a gimmick doomed to failure. They took a guy who was young and experienced in big-time wrestling and gave him a God-like program. Where does he go from there? How do you succeed with something like that? If you've got the charisma of a John Cena.....maybe. But Drew McIntyre had nowhere to go but down.

One other good thing about 3MB: at least he's been able to show some personality in a group that has a defined gimmick. In his time with WWE before that, all he was programmed to show was anger. He was in a non-directed rage at everyone and everything. Anger by itself doesn't make a complete performer; you've got to have other aspects to your ring personality.

C'mon, WWE. Forget The Chosen One stuff. Get past Tiffany already.

Give my guy a real chance.

the 3MB angle keeps him in action which is a plus

i think they should add a couple guitars/ instruments

to their set and use these in heelish antics to try and win matches

while of course getting caught red handed by the ref (Eddie and Chavo G used this for many years
to great effect)

Drew as a Jeff Jarret heel type with cronies (Mahal and Slater) could

have a run at any of the champions and it would make for good TV imo

McIntyre was good back in 010, and had good feuds and matches during his Intercontinental Championship run on SD. He just lacked a character. The slow prodding ring style, and the Chosen One gimmick just game off as WWE trying to make themselves a new Orton. Best thing WWE could do for McIntyre is to give him Rowdy Roddy Piper as a manager.

Okay, so I'm Scottish and personally love Drew McIntyre though he supports my favourite soccer team's rival lol.

Anyway there is noises back here that when he was home that he told friends that he was breaking out of 3MB soon and getting a title run of sorts with in the next year and personally can't wait for him to be reasonably relevant again and ditch the look he has at present. I personally think making him Mr MITB would be perfect and fit his whole character plus to the casual fan makes it look like a anything can happen type of match again because nobody expected Punk to win MITB but he done it.
But my point is, is could Drew really do it ?

They way they were booking him he was going to fade out. I don't know he just missing something. But he has potential to be a nice heel if used correctly.

I think that McIntyre can go back to the Chosen One gimmick AND make a babyface turn (a real one, not the 3MB shit) to get him back on the map. The inevitable thing to do with The Shield is to have them take out enough people to where they are the top heels in the company. Just as they are about to deal justice to Cena during a match with whoever is going after the WWE Championship, we have our "a hero appears" moment that happens with EVERY strongly pushed heel stable. McIntyre can be the one that the WWE asked to end The Shield's tyranny over the company.

Almost to the mountain top, you slip and fall just like a stone.~
Oh the irony.

But yes, I too had high hopes for Drew.

He started 2010 in a good way, but went down as the year passed. Then at the beginning of 2011 it looked like WWE was going to use him again - he had a storyline with Kelly Kelly and a feud with Edge, and that Chamber match was, as others mentioned, fantastic. It really looked like WWE had faith in him. But then he completely vanished of TV for a long time.

While I believe he's being wasted on 3MB, at least he's getting a bit of TV time again, which is a good thing.
Take, for example, Health Slater as a prime example of how being a jobber can kinda get you "over". He was pretty much a no-name after the end of The Nexus and The Corre, and most people on these forums here agreed he would probably have no future in the company. But by becoming a "professional jobber" he really managed to build up a funny heel that people love to watch getting beaten. That's definitely better than being a nobody.

Now, whether Drew can actually climb out of the Lower Midcard after all this or not, I think it's too early to tell. He does have time on his side - he's only 27 years old, making him much younger than most of the wrestlers on TV.

(And as I was re-checking his age, I just noticed that I share his birthday. Neat, I guess.)

By the way, if he ever goes back to competing single matches on TV, I really hope they bring back his old theme. It was one of my favorite themes.

I agree with a lot of the sentiments already said. He does have had a career that already that a lot of people wish they had. It is so much better to be doing something fun and entertaining like 3MB instead of being future endevoured. When he was the "Sinister Scotsman" he did remind me a lot Randy Orton but in a good way.

I mean it's Vince's company, if Vince wanted to sit in a steel chair in the middle of the ring for 3 hours every Raw he could, he can do whatever he wants with his company. Obviously whatever happened with Drew backstage a few years back had such detrimental impact on his career. Drew was a jobber for so long and it is sad to see a guy who does have a lot of star potential. The worst thing for me when it comes to stars who are not made is matches, promos, feuds and magic that could have been. Remember that "Sinister Scotsman" and his vicious Future Shock DDT, a great technical wrestler with a mean streak. What feuds and promos he would have had with a John Cena, or Randy Orton. That's what sucks the most for me.

The good news is I believe just as we all feel bad for him there's a lot of people backstage that feel for Drew too. William Regal mentioned on NXT that he had some issues backstage but now he's on the right path. Michael Hayes has to love 3MB, the rock and roll three man crew, that's the Freebirds in a heartbeat. The fact that WWE gave him 3MB is a great sign. Do I believe that Drew can still be a main event talent. For me I really think it's not a case of if but when.

I wasnt a big fan of him but i liked him! He had it all!
But when everything went down hill for him and then he joined forces with Jinder and Heath as 3MB i really thought they could turn there careers upside down and be something big in the WWE and then The Shield took that place :/
Now they are just a joke :(

McIntyre was good back in 010, and had good feuds and matches during his Intercontinental Championship run on SD. He just lacked a character. The slow prodding ring style, and the Chosen One gimmick just game off as WWE trying to make themselves a new Orton. Best thing WWE could do for McIntyre is to give him Rowdy Roddy Piper as a manager.

I think him and Piper just make sense! Can you imagine the promos they would have!

To be personally honest I'd have a field day watching those two on my screen, Mcintyre could reach higher levels than his first "Big" push and would definitely be over with Piper as a manager! :D

Even if in Piper's pit he calls out Mcintyre, then the two brawl or whatever I still see an interaction with the old "Scottish" and the New "Scotsman" being essential to Mcintyre's growth in the WWE!

I think him and Piper just make sense! Can you imagine the promos they would have!

To be personally honest I'd have a field day watching those two on my screen, Mcintyre could reach higher levels than his first "Big" push and would definitely be over with Piper as a manager! :D

Even if in Piper's pit he calls out Mcintyre, then the two brawl or whatever I still see an interaction with the old "Scottish" and the New "Scotsman" being essential to Mcintyre's growth in the WWE!

Love that idea lad. Piper i think has the potential to be a top class manager and as everyone knows would be an excellent mouthpiece and as people have said about McIntyre he doesn't get his promos over very well because of his accent etc.

So Piper and McIntyre ? Let's be having yi !

For McIntyre they definitely have to have him break away from 3MB because ever since joining them he has become nothing but a joke and ever since joining them he is no longer The Chosen One, he has no right to that title anymore but maybe just maybe if they have him break away from them by him turning on them by beating the holy hell out of Heath Slater and Jinder Mahal to the point that he puts the both of them on the shelf, and he proclaims himself to be The Chosen One again but that he is reborn then they can start him back on the road to being the Chosen One of this company

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back