If NXT Gets A TV Deal, What Would You Change?

Jack-Hammer

YOU WILL RESPECT MY AUTHORITAH!!!!
According to various reports put out, as well as quotes taken from the likes of Triple H & Jim Ross, WWE is hoping to secure a US television deal for NXT this Fall. Without a TV deal here in the states, it's sometimes difficult to watch NXT without paying for it. As a result, I'm sure a lot of people don't really keep up with the goings on all that much. Based on what you know from your own experience watching it, whether it be on Hulu Plus or watching clips on YouTube, are there any changes that you'd make?

As for me personally, one thing I would change would be the NXT singles & tag titles. In the grand scheme of things, I don't generally harp on title designs one way or another. However, from a purely cosmetic standpoint, I'm just not wild about those title designs. I get WWE wanting something that's unique, but unique doesn't always mean good.

http://www.davemillicanbelts.com/NXT080912.htm
http://www.davemillicanbelts.com/NXT_Tag033113.htm

As far as the NXT Women's Championship, I kinda like it.

http://www.wrestlingforum.com/women-wrestling/895041-paige-nxt-womens-champion-shoot.html

These various pics of Paige with the title provide several different angles. The overall design is pretty simple and I think it would have a better look, personally, if it had somewhat more traditional side plates. Still, I like it far better than the Divas Championship.

I would change something between fuck and all. NXT is, minute by minute, the best weekly wrestling show in the world at the moment.

The belts vary from fine to great:

Tag team belts have historically looked pretty unremarkable (TNA, oddly enough, have bucked this trend with both the NWA tag titles and TNA tag titles) and the NXT tag belts carry on this proud tradition.

xR1scnx.jpg

The women's championship is approximately ten times better than mainstream WWE's butterfly monstrosity and is worn by, pound for pound, the fittest bird in professional wrestling. Also, it's called the women's championship and not something demeaning like the diva's championship. Or the fit bird's championship.

oT2Z7zV.jpg

The main championship looks awesome. Big chunky belt with a fuck-off big NXT logo as the centerpiece. What's not to love? The problem, as opposed to the women's belt, is the cunt it's wrapped around. Sami Zayn should soon be relieving us of that problem though.

wKOBnrB.jpg

In fact, there is one thing I would change - add a second hour. There's more than enough talent and storylines to support it; we could just move through it at a quicker pace and all the significant wrestlers could appear weekly.

I wouldn't change a thing about NXT. The show is great and almost everyone who watches it says it the best program WWE is producing right now, and I totally agree with that. The only thing I would tweak is adding to the production value. I assume a cable deal would open the show's budget up quite a bit. So maybe create a new entrance ramp, give some of the top guys some pyro, maybe some new music. Again, these are just little things that would make the show LOOK better. the writing and wrestling is already great. No need to change that.

And FYI, anyone in the U.S. looking for NXT, it's available for free on hulu.

Miz_America gets it.

There really isn't anything I would change, or that I feel WWE needs to change, about the show. It's more than fine as is. The hour is tight and action packed. The titles are unique and appealing. The commentary is competent and serves the wrestlers and matches.

NXT isn't broke. Don't try fix it.

Still free on Hulu, America. Get caught up before they start charging for it again.

The only thing I would change is make it a tiny bit longer. Not a full 2 hours maybe 90 minutes would do. Just so the whole roster can get more of a chance to shine.

I personally wouldn't mind seeing Emma in action every week!

Nothing needs to be changed in NXT. The only thing I would avoid is the use of the biggest names on the program. I have no issues with guys like Cesaro coming in, or even 3MB for that matter. Anyone who has a history with the promotion can be used to make bigger stars. And, that, my friends, is the issue with them getting a full mainstream, on cable and available to everyone TV deal. The match series between Cesaro and El Generico was incredible and the two out of three falls match was better than anything the E has put on recently without a guy names Punk or Bryan involved. I'd be concerned at how the main roster guys would start to be used on the show, if they were, because the E won't want too many people see them struggle with or lose to younger guys. I'm sorry, but Barrett has yet to bounce back from the ill fated Bo Dallas BS.

As for the title belts, the tag belts are complimentary to one another which is unique, the women's belt is better than the oversized moth AJ carries around and the NXT title, well, it's ugly, but who cares.

Nothing whatsoever. The way the show is right now is the reason its so damn good. The only thing even possiby, is expand the arena a tiny bit, somwere in the way of the Impact Zone. Spot appearances by main roster guys, and everything else, is perfect. If anything, I would make changes to OTHER programming, by showing vingettes, highlights, and promotion for NXT on them.

I havent watched many episodes but last night I caught the two most recent ones and like most people here I am incredibly impressed with the amount of in ring talent these young stars have. Whenever WWE has a C show, whether its Superstars or NXT, theres a lot more in-ring freedom and therefore the matches have a lot more flow to them.

The only cringe worthy moments on NXT are the promos. The promo with Bo Dallas on the latest episode was horrendous. The acting is obviously not on par with the TV productions, but a lot more effort has to be put on the part of these rookies on the mic. Like someone else mentioned, the production value has to be improved. The stage needs to be longer, the arena more well lit, and the ring appears to be very low quality. It sounds like one of the old rings that has very little give to it. The black mat, while unique, makes it look very amateur.

You don't change anything about it. It's absolutely fine the way it is and nothing really needs to change. The show is very good because it's fast paced, logical and delivers. The NXT talent are always very talented and some of the most intriguing stuff is on NXT. For example on that show we most likely have contenders for:

Match of the Year (Zayn-Cesaro)

Diva Match of The Year (Emma vs Paige)

Promo of the Year (Wyatt's Bring Down the Machine)

That's an absolutely incredible thing considering that the show is one hour and is featuring guys who may or may not make it to the main roster. Every week we get incredible things happening and I think to change it up would be a travesty. WWE better not touch this or else I'll be pissed.

NXT is the most consistent show WWE has at the moment. It has better matches than Raw, more promos and angles than Main Event and it never feels as boring and dragged out as Smackdown. It has exciting guest appearances every so often and the commentary is great. It has the best roster a WWE developmental territory has had since the Golden Generation of Cena, Batista, Orton and Lesnar. Why does it need to change?

Wait, no, there are two changes I would make. I would consider making it an hour and a half or maybe two hours long. There are some guys who don't appear every week due to the taping schedule as well as the show only being an hour long. I want to see Zayn, Paige, Dallas, Breeze, Graves, Amore, Ohno (when he returns) and Woods every week. So that should happen. But not CJ Parker. Ever.

Also, the NXT roster is so brimming with talent, I think they should bring back a second singles title. A TV title or the 15 minute title they discontinued a while back. There are several stars worth of feuding for the NXT title, it'd be like having Raw without a US title or Money in the Bank. So bring back an NXT midcard title so guys like Neville, Woods and Breeze have something to fight over.

Apart from those two, admittedly minor, points, the show should stay as is.

I find it hilarious that WWE probably considers NXT as it's least important/popular show, even though everyone that watches it feels like it's WWE's best program. If this thread were about how you would fix Raw, I bet everyone would have a list a mile long. I know I would. N-X-T! N-X-T! N-X-T!

In fact, there is one thing I would change - add a second hour. There's more than enough talent and storylines to support it; we could just move through it at a quicker pace and all the significant wrestlers could appear weekly.

Agreed due to the large roster sometimes sometimes I can go weeks without seeing some of the wrestlers I like. I don't like that it seems the roster is far too large for only 1 hour of tv a week.

As for me personally, one thing I would change would be the NXT singles & tag titles. In the grand scheme of things, I don't generally harp on title designs one way or another. However, from a purely cosmetic standpoint, I'm just not wild about those title designs. I get WWE wanting something that's unique, but unique doesn't always mean good.

http://www.davemillicanbelts.com/NXT080912.htm
http://www.davemillicanbelts.com/NXT_Tag033113.htm

As far as titles go I think they have a great look you want your championship to stand out and the NXT titles do all NXT titles are better than The WWE Championship and WWE tag team championship why change a title design that people are starting to recognize. NXT has a good women's division and would want them to keep that up the show is awesome only change i would do is make it a 2hr show

Fucking nothing.

I wouldn't touch the best hour of wrestling on Hulu at all. Actually, maybe give Mason Ryan a shave.

It's a wonderful alternative and feels genuinely different from any other show running right now.

Leave the memories alone.

The only change I'd make is putting the team in charge of NXT in charge of all programming.

Want to know the biggest difference? Raw/SD are written, NXT is booked. Anything having JR that deeply involved will be good, throw in one of the best (as long as he or his family isn't involved) bookers in history in Dusty and you have a good base to build on.

The one thing I would change, a direct path to "the show". Maybe a quarterly tournament where the winner gets a chance at a ppv. That too would be nice, or instead of throw away pre-show matches, why not book a NXT match for the pre-show? See how they react to the larger crowds, see how the larger crowds react to them.

I agree with the mentioning of improved production values (music) but I would stay away from too much pyro. Leave that to the major leagues. Lighting, smoke, music, fog, etc sure, but there are only so many people good with pyro and we've all seen what happens when it goes wrong.

I don't mind the look of the belts, they aren't anything worse than what's on the main roster or have been on the main roster. The divas junk, the ecw title, the spinner trash we had to look at for a half dozen years or so, in comparison the NXT titles don't look to bad.

The only other thing I would change, or suggest (same suggestion as the main roster really) is the return of old school squash matches. It doesn't make sense for every match to be closely contested, sometimes a guy is so much better than the other guy that the match should end very quickly.

The only thing I would change is maybe to give NXT an extra hour, BUT they would have to get rid of Superstars too and maybe Raw would have to lose its extra hour too because that would be too much wwe on tv!

The show itself is fine. I think the focus should be on making sure you have each wrestler with a good character to play, you don't want to stretch for a wider audience if you are planning on making big changes to a character when he transitions between NXT and Raw/Smackdown. So I think WWE should focus on that before the deal is secured.

Only future change might be add the extra hour but that would be in mid 2014. Don't change the rest. What's great is that finally WWE has created a breeding ground for their recently signed talents to hone all their skills and they are picking up great talent for their future.

I find it hilarious that WWE probably considers NXT as it's least important/popular show, even though everyone that watches it feels like it's WWE's best program.

Pretty sure with the way it's run, the WWE feels like it's a top priority.

The main championship looks awesome. Big chunky belt with a fuck-off big NXT logo as the centerpiece. What's not to love?
That thing can be fingerprint/smudge city at times. I'd have thought a man with as keen an eye as yours would have noticed.

What would I change? Nothing.

Some people want a midcard belt. To them I say no. Why bother? I like having a show where anyone can feasibly main event at any time without having to carry a stop-gap belt and lose their momentum.

Some people want two hours. I could see the appeal of that when there's so many people who we'd all like to see on television every week. But to them I also say no. I've come to like seeing some talents every two weeks. It makes it far harder to grow tired of them. Not to mention that I like a show where the tag titles get to headline some weeks. And a one-hour show doesn't lose momentum like Raw or SmackDown.

Might it be good for the performers to work more on television? Probably. But that doesn't change my preference as a viewer.

Change NOTHING.

I'm proud to say that over here, NXT does have a TV-deal. I wouldn't change much.
*Dusty Rhodes isn't a very active GM, but it's great when he makes an appearance.
*Because the crowd is usually a little small, EVERYBODY gets a big reaction.
*I like the belts fine.
*The black ring is something else, I like it.
*The divas get enough attention.
*Every now and then, a big name from the roster makes an appearance.

If I could change one thing, I'd keep Cesaro away from NXT. He needs to get over in the main programming, not put over youngsters in NXT.

Also, give Adrian Neville a mask or something. Gollum says hi...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back