If Lesnar turns

No Count Pup

Just call on me brother
With Brock Lesnar re-signing with WWE, the dynamics of WrestleMania have changed. The likelihood of Lesnar retaining have gone up exponentially. However, with his signing comes talk of a face turn. It's a cool idea, but what would that mean for his title run?

After WrestleMania, Lesnar only has two more matches in 2015. Would the fans endear themselves to a champion who sits on the sidelines that much? I am doubtful.

The question is: If WWE plans on turning Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, does that mean he will lose the title? And just out of curiosity, what could Lesnar do at WrestleMania to turn face?

To turn face at WM all he has to do is show up and win legitimately. He'll be cheered like a face anyway. The next night would just take a simple promo about respect for the title and his opponents.

To turn face at WM all he has to do is show up and win legitimately. He'll be cheered like a face anyway. The next night would just take a simple promo about respect for the title and his opponents.

Completely disagree. Even though I too think he will get the majority of cheers at Wrestlemania, that doesn't make him a face... that makes him a face for one night. Beating Roman Reigns clean in the middle of the ring really changes nothing; there's still Paul Heyman to deal with and there is still the fact that the fans have nothing to get behind with Brock. He's faced 0 adversity up to this point, and sure it's fun to cheer a beast like Brock, but it's more effective if WWE gives him a direction other than just kicking somebody's ass. Now that Lesnar has signed a multi-year deal, I think it's time to put away the "mercenary" talk and actually start booking Lesnar as a legitimate wrestler with goals.

If WWE wants to go full steam ahead with a Brock Lesnar face turn following Mania, either have Paul Heyman screw him out of the title, or have him win a brutally hard-fought contest with Reigns and than get cashed in on. Either way, if WWE wants to get the most effective turn out of Lesnar, he should lose the title.

I wouldn't really classify Lesnar as a heel anyway. He just has matches against faces. I think a summer feud with Randy Orton is needed. A match vs Sheamus down the line too. Ends up facing The Rock at Mania next year

Completely disagree. Even though I too think he will get the majority of cheers at Wrestlemania, that doesn't make him a face... that makes him a face for one night. Beating Roman Reigns clean in the middle of the ring really changes nothing; there's still Paul Heyman to deal with and there is still the fact that the fans have nothing to get behind with Brock.

Have to disagree with the idea that the fans have nothing to get behind with Lesnar. He is getting cheered more and more because he comes across like an ass kicker who doesn't back down and stands up for himself, whether that's against the Authority or against John Cena. People like legit tough guys who are willing to fight anyone, it's how Steve Austin got over as a face after all. Go back to the Raw before the Royal Rumble where Brock squared up to Triple H and then kicked the Authority's ass. He was presented as a babyface in that show and that's easily how they could continue promoting him.

Heyman is getting more and more cheers as well, mostly because the guy is obviously head and shoulders above everyone else on the mic so when he's in the ring you know you're going to be entertained.

Have to disagree with the idea that the fans have nothing to get behind with Lesnar. He is getting cheered more and more because he comes across like an ass kicker who doesn't back down and stands up for himself, whether that's against the Authority or against John Cena. People like legit tough guys who are willing to fight anyone, it's how Steve Austin got over as a face after all. Go back to the Raw before the Royal Rumble where Brock squared up to Triple H and then kicked the Authority's ass. He was presented as a babyface in that show and that's easily how they could continue promoting him.

Heyman is getting more and more cheers as well, mostly because the guy is obviously head and shoulders above everyone else on the mic so when he's in the ring you know you're going to be entertained.

My point is, it doesn't FEEL like a face turn if Lesnar doesn't change his persona a bit. Like I said, a face turn could easily work by just naturally turning Brock over time, but it's much more effective if you give him a direction. Would it be more impactful of a turn if Lesnar won clean at Mania and cut a face promo the next night, or would more people get behind him after being screwed out of the WWEWHC?

I agree, people like legit tough guys, but to get truly over as a face, you need to face adversity. Brock ended the Streak, destroyed John Cena, and has held the WWEWHC for 7 months now...from a kayfabe perspective, why do I want to see him win? I wanted to see Stone Cold win because he was up against the machine; the owner himself. He overcame everything that Vince threw at him and that's really what got him so over.

I'm not debating that a natural face turn won't work for Lesnar, I just think a swerve would get the whole crowd, and not just the marks on his side.

Completely disagree. Even though I too think he will get the majority of cheers at Wrestlemania, that doesn't make him a face... that makes him a face for one night. Beating Roman Reigns clean in the middle of the ring really changes nothing; there's still Paul Heyman to deal with and there is still the fact that the fans have nothing to get behind with Brock. He's faced 0 adversity up to this point, and sure it's fun to cheer a beast like Brock, but it's more effective if WWE gives him a direction other than just kicking somebody's ass. Now that Lesnar has signed a multi-year deal, I think it's time to put away the "mercenary" talk and actually start booking Lesnar as a legitimate wrestler with goals.

If WWE wants to go full steam ahead with a Brock Lesnar face turn following Mania, either have Paul Heyman screw him out of the title, or have him win a brutally hard-fought contest with Reigns and than get cashed in on. Either way, if WWE wants to get the most effective turn out of Lesnar, he should lose the title.

I actually covered the one night vs complete turn in exactly what I said. He will be the crowd favorite on Sunday either way, then a promo about what the title means to him and the respect he has for it, the business and his opponents. These are exactly the kind of things that crowds react to in a non-underdog face.

The fans are just cheering Lesnar because they don't want to cheer Reigns. Lesnar should be booed out of the ring, beating the Undertaker's streak, as Paul Heyman loves to remind everyone off, and German suplexing John Cena to hell and back.

But they aren't. They would rather have him win than the other guy. If you watched RAW on Monday night, Reigns got the boo's and Lesnar got the "Let's go Lesnar" chant. The rest of the night they were on point booing the right guys HHH, Stephanie and Rollins, and cheering Sting, Hogan and Orton. That's the only time they went off the tracks.

Either way, if WWE wants to get the most effective turn out of Lesnar, he should lose the title.

Agreed. So many people are presuming Brock's re-signing guarantees a win and title retention on Sunday. Maybe they're right, but it needn't be so.

For one thing, we'll learn at WM31 how much the fans "hate" Roman Reigns.....of course, the ending of the match will have been decided well before then, but if enough people in the live crowd are aware Brock has re-upped, he's going to be cheered like mad......yet I still feel Brock losing the title would be the best course for the company to follow.

For one thing, it would make Roman Reigns a marked man......not only will Seth Rollins and others be after him, but the specter of Brock Lesnar in pursuit will provide some great new storyline elements.

As for Brock, I've been maintaining he's faced just about everyone he could as a bad guy.....after Cena, Triple H, Punk and Undertaker, what faces could be viewed as viable opponents for Brock? Yes, there's Randy Orton, but after that..........?

Turning good gives Brock a new set of people to fight, as champion or not. That's a good thing.

One thought: since Brock has now publicly sworn off the UFC stuff and committed to pro wrestling, hopefully he can give the impression he enjoys it. His big thing 10 years ago was not liking the constant travel and disruption of his personal life, right? Well, unlike most of us, he's got a job that pays him huge amounts of money (presumably) while working the schedule he wants.....and it's an abbreviated schedule at that.

Get happy, Brock.......the world is your oyster.

One last thought: Given his re-signing and the obvious fact he was just using UFC as a negotiating ploy, why in hell was Brock so mad at Vince McMahon two weeks ago?

The only way a Lesnar turn could really work?...Have Paul turn on him too.

Here's a scenario..
Reigns wins title,both guys are totally spent,Rollins cashes in...Paul helps Rollins BUT Brock F5's Rollins(while ref somehow is distracted),Reigns retains..Brock flips off Paul&Authority as he walks up aisle..pyro and confetti going off while Reigns celebrates..Paul,Steph,HHH and the rest of the idiots are looking either dumb faced or pissed off....
Cole signs off saying Good Night Folks.....fade out

With Brock Lesnar re-signing with WWE, the dynamics of WrestleMania have changed. The likelihood of Lesnar retaining have gone up exponentially. However, with his signing comes talk of a face turn. It's a cool idea, but what would that mean for his title run?

After WrestleMania, Lesnar only has two more matches in 2015. Would the fans endear themselves to a champion who sits on the sidelines that much? I am doubtful.

The question is: If WWE plans on turning Brock Lesnar at WrestleMania, does that mean he will lose the title? And just out of curiosity, what could Lesnar do at WrestleMania to turn face?

I'm not so sure about a face turn. It would be great to see, especially based on his reactions on his recent returns - beating up The Authority, beating up 3MB.

I still think he'll lose but at least the crowd will be better for this match, won't be like Goldberg/Brock match at WM 20.

If he does to turn face at WM, I can see him losing the title, shaking Reigns' hand after the match but then F5 him to turn face.

Don't tell me guys I didn t tell you soooo! Of all you disbelievers and anti Lesner fans who disapprove of Lesner cause he barely defended the wwe title and got heat cause he rarely showed is what a true champion is like Hulk Hogan and Randy Savage was 2 decades ago. I said it he ll stick around after WM31 cause he is turning face and will feud against Heyman! It is obvious I was right and you all wished Lesner would leave for UFC and never be seen again! WRONG! We will have him for 3 years for now and have him turn face is in the works and couldn t be happier ! Yesssssssssssssssssssss! I was right!

I can hear the diehard fans complaining about the “part-timer” label he has, paid tons and barely defending the title and doesn t add prestige . Brock is such a huge superstar, being a so called part-timer works for him. He is a special athlete and should be treated as such. A special main eventer attraction that fans should pay to see. You don’t see Mayweather fight for free. People want realism in wrestling & no one is more real than Brock Lesnar. with Brock sticking around it adds intrigue to the outcome of the main event this Sunday at WM31. Resigning Brock is what’s best for business for the unbeatable beast

I said this on another thread, but the one issue I see with heyman turning on Lesnar is when Lesnar has to go one on one with Heyman on the mic.

It won't work. If Lesnar turns, he needs Heyman to go with him

Lesnar shouldn't even be considered when turning people face. Why fix what isn't broken in the first place? He's the guy that everyone loves to hate and he's bringing a spark of magic back to the WWE outside of that is readily available for them at the moment. He's as close to a tweener as you are ever likely to get. And what's more, he has been a fascinating case for the WWE fans to mull over. I don't think anyone was wild on the idea of him leaving for months at a time but they've made it work to their advantage.

Also, turning Lesnar face would mean that if a feud with The Rock is indeed on the cards, then The Rock would be the heel... Does that make any sense to anyone? Nope. Thought not. I really don't think that Lesnar loses the title at Mania, regardless of how the bookmakers are rating this match. Reigns isn't quite there yet and Lesnar is a better Champion than he is a contender.

But if they were to turn him face it could be done reasonably easily. He's already half way towards being a face in actuality. The best way would be to have Heyman screw him out of the title for Rollins. That would be interesting for everyone but I don't think it happens. I think Lesnar remains a heel and keeps the Championship at Mania.

Lesnar shouldn't even be considered when turning people face. Why fix what isn't broken in the first place? He's the guy that everyone loves to hate and he's bringing a spark of magic back to the WWE outside of that is readily available for them at the moment. He's as close to a tweener as you are ever likely to get. And what's more, he has been a fascinating case for the WWE fans to mull over. I don't think anyone was wild on the idea of him leaving for months at a time but they've made it work to their advantage.

Also, turning Lesnar face would mean that if a feud with The Rock is indeed on the cards, then The Rock would be the heel... Does that make any sense to anyone? Nope. Thought not. I really don't think that Lesnar loses the title at Mania, regardless of how the bookmakers are rating this match. Reigns isn't quite there yet and Lesnar is a better Champion than he is a contender.

But if they were to turn him face it could be done reasonably easily. He's already half way towards being a face in actuality. The best way would be to have Heyman screw him out of the title for Rollins. That would be interesting for everyone but I don't think it happens. I think Lesnar remains a heel and keeps the Championship at Mania.

It does make sense to make Dwayne The Crock Johnson heel so Lesner can be the good guy or maybe he ll be a tweener till next year after WM32 Brock will be face with Paul Heyman while I see Reigns sidelining with Authority and with his former friend Seth Rollins. Even if Lesner is face it makes sense ... Did it make sense for Rock to feud with john semen 2 in a row in 2 WM's ? They were both face so I see nothing wrong with it and it is not certain Dwayne will be in WM32 cause he always declines wwe in favour of movies!

I truly believe Brock Lesner will retain his title and Heyman will make a speach about it the next night on RAW. Reigns is not ready even HHH said it and the fans have already chosen Lesner over Reigns cause fans disappreciate Reigns the 95% fans jeering reigns is enough to have Lesner over

I worry about Lesnar and his inability to be on the mic without Heyman. When Laringitis brought Lesnar in, Brock really suffered on the mic and made a lot of mistakes before he was saved by Heyman.

Take Heyman away and I just don't know if Lesnar is as interesting.

Personally, I don't think Lesnar should be a heel and face. His role as the guy some cheer and some boo is perfect. Heyman can easily continue to be his mouthpiece in both roles as fans have given the same reactions.

To me, Heyman being in Brock's corner makes Brock that much more of a force.

It wouldn't be the same as when Heyman turned on Punk. Heyman was used to get Punk heel heat. Punk didn't need a mouthpiece. Lesnar desperately does.

Right now I see it as Reigns gives Lesnar "the fight of a lifetime" and just narrowly loses, but establishes himself as being powerful enough to hang with Lesnar. Lesnar, still the champ is shocked at how "good" Reigns is and congratulates him. Reigns goes nuts and flips out turning heel, solidified the next night on RAW. That's how I think it'll play out now.

I could see Rollins cash in. That's up in the air for me. I think it's more likely that he doesn't. If he does, and wins, then I see him celebrating his Wrestlemania Moment, and then Reigns utterly destroys him.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back