Hulk Hogan Really Is The Biggest Star Ever

klunderbunker

Welcome to My (And Not Sly's) House
Hulk Hogan slammed Andre the Giant in 1987. He headlined Wrestlemania and the Rock N Wrestling Connection 26 years ago. He recreated himself as Hollywood Hogan 15 years ago.

And now he's in a national commercial series with Troy Aikman, the current color analyst for the NFL games on FOX. Think about that for a minute. You constantly hear jokes about Hogan whenever these come on, yet Rent-A-Center, the company putting out the commercials, picked HULK HOGAN to be in them and pitch this stuff to an audience in 2011.

Troy Aikman isn't the biggest name football player of all time but he's certainly known on a national level. His voice is heard by millions every Sunday in the fall and his face is easily recognized. Most people probably either know who he is or know his name and can associate it with football.

This guy gets paired up with Hulk Hogan. Hogan hasn't been truly relevant to mainstream culture since at the very latest 1996. He hosted American Gladiators which more or less bombed, but other than that what has Hogan done in the mainstream other than a VH1 reality show? Hogan has managed to stay somewhat relevant this whole time.

Think back to the other big stars of his era and think of the last time you saw any of them. Warrior is a ranting lunatic, Savage looks like a bad Santa Claus impersonator and Roddy Piper pops up on Raw 3 times a year to prove he's still alive. Hulk Hogan is in a national commercial for a furniture/electronics rental company with a guy who is heard and seen by millions and millions of people a week.

Hogan's star power is so far ahead of ANYONE else in wrestling that it's unreal.

he is a ****e, if that means you are a star, then all well and good, but he is a ****e for anything that is about him.

And yet he's flat broke and the weekly television series he appears on is watched by less people than a rerun of NCIS.

RockBday_display_image.jpg

This man begs to differ.

Nick while I tend to agree, I dont think it's fair to compare Rock (and Austin) yet. KB's point about relevance is absolutely fair though. I'd love to see both Rock & Austin have success for many years.

Roddy Piper trumps anything any wrestler has done outside of wrestling with They Live.

Greatest acting role a wrestler has ever had in any movie ever. EVER. Fucking epic. The bubblegum line should have been Piper's next catch phrase.

Also, The Rock's one million PPV buys for just hosting Wrestlemania says hello to Hulk Hogan, who never could accomplish that.

The point for Hogan only really exists because he's been around longer than everyone else minus Ventura and Piper. The Rock will surpass him sooner rather than later.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back