Hulk Hogan Changes Bound For Glory Series

pepentorresHHH

Getting Noticed By Management
4 men finished on top of the series: Magnus, Austin Aries, Bobby Roode and Jeff Hardy.... They are going to fight at No Surrender for a shot at the belt at Bound for Glory..... Wait no apparently we are having a ..... Gauntlet Match for 20 points next week.....

Ummmm,.... What happened with the rules of the BFG Series?

2 questions...... 1)Who wins and virtually advances to the BFG finals? And 2) are you ok with HH changing the BFG series rules?

I think it's great now everyone has another shot at the finals. The only two i see having a chance are AJ and Anderson.

Where does is say it was Hulk Hogan's decision to do this?

And whoever decision's it was, I don't like it. I mean, it could be good, fuck do I know, but I liked the old way of doing it so I saw no reason to change it.

Either way, as long as the right man wins I'm good.

Go Jeffro!!!

This tournament is already screwed up enough as it is. I don't see what's the big deal.

If anyone other than AJ wins I'd be very surprised. Anderson is in 2nd place for a possible winner, but he's still way far behind AJ. Anderson is going to fight Bully Ray for the TNA Title in 2 weeks most likely anyways.

I think it's great now everyone has another shot at the finals. The only two i see having a chance are AJ and Anderson.

It renders the entire format of the tournament pointless. :banghead: The point of the BFG Series has been to wrestle matches, earn 7 to 10 points for a win via pin or submission, and the four wrestlers with the most points meet at No Surrender in matches to determine the ultimate winner. The winner then goes onto challenge the reigning TNA World Heavyweight Champion at Bound for Glory. They determined the Final Four last night, so the addition of this gauntlet match just renders the notion of the BFG Final Four irrelevant.

The BFG Series this year, all in all, has been anti-climactic. Few of the matches have stood out and TNA has made a big clusterfuck of a mess out of the storytelling. Since the future of the BFG Series is going to come down to a gauntlet match, maybe they should've just skipped the tournament altogether and had some sort of specialty match to determine who the #1 contender would be. Anti-climactic, yes, but not a convoluted mess since it's all coming down to one match anyhow.

As to who ultimately comes out the winner, AJ Styles is probably the only guy right now with any real momentum to speak of among he babyfaces in the tournament. It looks like Anderson might be on the verge of another character turn, but I have less than zero desire to see him face Ray for the TNA World Heavyweight Championship. Anderson's first two shitty runs as champ were enough. Styles has been he most obvious choice to win the series since it began and, frankly, I think any other choice won't cut it.

I like this concept as long as they don't push for Joseph Park to win, I mean he has already got 17 points this then means we could see him finishing as the runner up & knocking A-Double out of the standings.

It's fine... they've already had a gauntlet in the BFG Series this year, so what the hell is wrong with another one? That other gauntlet is the entire reason that Magnus is in first place, so what a better way to get him out of first place.

It's kind of like a grand finale. I didn't hear anyone complaining about the BFG Series 4 Ways at Hardcore Justice either.

Just hoping for a Styles or Joe win.

It's fine... they've already had a gauntlet in the BFG Series this year, so what the hell is wrong with another one? That other gauntlet is the entire reason that Magnus is in first place, so what a better way to get him out of first place.

It's kind of like a grand finale. I didn't hear anyone complaining about the BFG Series 4 Ways at Hardcore Justice either.

Just hoping for a Styles or Joe win.

Maybe because it didn't outright decide who was going to be in the finals for the BFG series?

And if you have one match where you can decide that, what's the point of it all?

People are complaining on the IWC because we see it for why it is; TNA screwed up, and it's a glaring sign that TNA will never grow beyond what it is, in spite of itself

I like mostly because I like AJ Styles and it doesn't take a genius to see that this is his avenue to win the gauntlet, BFG series, and then the title which I'm all for because AJ Styles is the shit.

Put it this way, the person in fourth place should have tried harder. They know there are no guarantees in the wrestling business. The gauntlet is deciding 1 out of 4 spots, those 4 will still battle it out to earn a match.

Plus at the start of Impact Mike Tenay specifically said, "Tonight will be the last of our ONE on ONE matches." He specifically said ONE on ONE, so you people with your bold blind hate of everything TNA does should just STFU and actually pay attention to what's going on, cause it seems like a lot of stuff is going over your heads and then you come on here and bitch like a bunch of ******s and people like me have to sit here and tell you what you fail to realize.

Magnus, Aries, Roode and Hardy out of these 4 men as for who I think will win it is obvious that they are going to have either Magnus win it or have Jeff Hardy win BFG which in my opinion is one of the worst things that you can do but as for who I want to win, I want Bobby Roode to win the BFG series because Roode has been out of the title picture for so long and not to mention he is the longest-reigning TNA World Champion in history, the It Factor of professional wrestling, he should be the one carrying the company on his back as a top heel

Roode reminds me so much of Triple H that the similarities in their characters are eerie and not to mention both of their paths are similar

It's pretty obvious what they're doing. They are making sure AJ resigns before they have him in the BFG final 4. So this is probably the extension they needed to get something done or move in a different direction.

If this is all to get AJ into the finals then I think the better choice would have been for AJ to attack Aries during his match with Daniels.

This would cause Daniels to lose 10 points due to being disqualified. Which would drop him below AJ in points and put Styles into the final four.

That would have shown intelligence by AJ and shown that he's still not 100% the old AJ. And he would have gotten some revenge on his old nemisis Christopher Daniels at the same time.

But that would have made too much sense for TNA to do so instead we have a gauntlet. Not too happy with that call.

this new gauntlet match being added isn't what messed up the BFG series, it was messed up before that. this past week was when they announced that this Thursday would be the final night must win because they screwed up and didn't have everyone in enough matches. this gauntlet match for 20 points is no different than the ladder match they had for 20 points.

I was surprised when AJ only had a roll up pinfall victory over Roode when a submission win would have put him ahead of Hardy.

I don't get why they took out the house show matches for the BFG series. That was one of the things that made the series more intriguing. Especially if one of these shows comes to a nearby town. They still could have had their matches on Impact too.

I don't get why they took out the house show matches for the BFG series. That was one of the things that made the series more intriguing. Especially if one of these shows comes to a nearby town. They still could have had their matches on Impact too.

They did still do house show matches but not as many. If I recall at one of them Anderson actually beat AJ Styles clean!

Anyway this gauntlet match, not a fan, this just screams of a last minute decision when they realised AJ couldn't be in the final four.

Now I'm sure you're asking, "well why didn't Styles just beat Roode by submission? That would've got him in the final four" I firmly believe that Roode will be one of the future contenders for Styles' title after he beats Ray. Thus AJ could not beat Roode definitively, instead winning in somewhat flukey fashion with a rollup.

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back