Hulk Hogan Being... Well, Hulk Hogan

Dave

Administrator
Staff member
Administrator
Hulk Hogan Accuses Wrestlers That Refuse To Accept His Apology Of Failing To Understand The Brotherhood Of Wrestling

So, Hulk Hogan is back in the news after saying that a lot of WWE wrestlers just don't understand the brotherhood of wrestling. He also said that wrestlers would see that he made a mistake and would want to protect him from here on out...

Honestly, why can't Hogan just keep his mouth shut? Everything that comes out of his mouth these days is a magnet for legit heat. I don't know what's going on backstage but this ought to send the people opposing him further out of his reach. Surely, keeping his head down and getting on with his business quietly would have been a better idea.

What does everyone make of this? More drama from Hogan or just something.small being blown up?

I don't even know what to say other than I'm not surprised. The man can't just keep his mouth shut.

It doesn't bother me because it doesn't affect me what one way or another what a senile old coot says. The people he's basically calling out may feel differently than me though

I don't even know what to say other than I'm not surprised. The man can't just keep his mouth shut.

It doesn't bother me because it doesn't affect me what one way or another what a senile old coot says. The people he's basically calling out may feel differently than me though
I guess in some ways, wrestling has changed a lot. There's no doubt in my mind that, back in the day, wrestlers got away with a whole lot more than we will ever know. Without tabloids and places like this, there was no way that stories were getting out without someone leaking it. Everyone did seem to look after each other back in the day.

That said, it just shows how out of touch Hogan is if he believes that is still true. Nothing escaped criticism or scrupulation these days. Especially after you go through what he's gone through in the past few years.

I feel Like it's hard to judge this. Mostly because he somebody that worked in another era and that's what he's use to.

We like to judge everybody by today's standard instead of trying to understanding them. Hogan is somebody that going up in age and because of that, he's pretty much set in his ways. In his day that's how stuff worked, if you mess up big time, you would go into the locker room, apologize for it and then you would go take a beer with the guys and all is forgotten. That's pretty much what he knows from the business. Time have change and so has society (Not for the better), and because of that, people like Hogan might not be able to adapt as quickly to today'S way of thinking.

I'm almost 40 and i have a hard time adapting to all this negative thinking that's happens in today's society, so imagine how hard it his for a guy like Hogan who's almost 70. So for me i don't judge him for what he's seeing anymore, i just try to understand where he's coming from instead. Hogan was caught on tape and then apologize for it, for me i'm ready to move on from this in fact, i was ready to move on from this the day after the sex tape was release.

I feel Like it's hard to judge this. Mostly because he somebody that worked in another era and that's what he's use to.

We like to judge everybody by today's standard instead of trying to understanding them. Hogan is somebody that going up in age and because of that, he's pretty much set in his ways. In his day that's how stuff worked, if you mess up big time, you would go into the locker room, apologize for it and then you would go take a beer with the guys and all is forgotten. That's pretty much what he knows from the business. Time have change and so has society (Not for the better), and because of that, people like Hogan might not be able to adapt as quickly to today'S way of thinking.

I'm almost 40 and i have a hard time adapting to all this negative thinking that's happens in today's society, so imagine how hard it his for a guy like Hogan who's almost 70. So for me i don't judge him for what he's seeing anymore, i just try to understand where he's coming from instead. Hogan was caught on tape and then apologize for it, for me i'm ready to move on from this in fact, i was ready to move on from this the day after the sex tape was release.
Because that's what he's used to isn't an excuse. It's 2018 not 1982 and Hulk Hogan knows it. He's not mentally impaired and knows better than to say stupid shit.

Because that's what he's used to isn't an excuse. It's 2018 not 1982 and Hulk Hogan knows it. He's not mentally impaired and knows better than to say stupid shit.

Yeah but try to understand were he came from before judging. When you start getting older, You don't necessarily want to adapt to the new mentality of society, I for one, i'm having a hard time adapting to this PC society we live in today, so i can imagine how hard it most be for somebody like Hogan who has all the camera on him. I do feel that, he just doesn't care about this new PC society and just want to live like he knew back when he was younger and i don't blame him for that. Everybody has their own live experience and react with what made them what they are today. So who are we to judge him for what he said in that interview.

Yeah but try to understand were he came from before judging. When you start getting older, You don't necessarily want to adapt to the new mentality of society, I for one, i'm having a hard time adapting to this PC society we live in today, so i can imagine how hard it most be for somebody like Hogan who has all the camera on him. I do feel that, he just doesn't care about this new PC society and just want to live like he knew back when he was younger and i don't blame him for that. Everybody has their own live experience and react with what made them what they are today. So who are we to judge him for what he said in that interview.
When put this way I can't really argue the point as I to find myself wishing it was like it used to be.

That being said once again i will point out that Hogan is not a stupid man and should know that times change whether we want them to or not. Hogsn is well aware of what fliea in 2018 and i'm sure he knew this would cause problems

The n word is bad. It has been bad for a very long time. It was bad in the 1980s. So if you are having trouble because you can't say the n word anymore, you are racist. You aren't having trouble adapting to a PC culture. You are racist. We can judge him because what he said is really stupid.

Hogan is basically saying he's the victim and everyone needs to help him. This despite him calling himself racist and using the n word multiple times. No one forced him to say it. You don't just move on after that. You apologize. You state what you said. You state why it was wrong. You make no excuses. Hogan made excuses, told people to be careful (which isn't an apology) and is now playing the victim.

If you are still the same person you are when you were younger then you haven't grown. You haven't matured.

Hogan needs to realize this isn’t something that’s just going to blow over. I don’t know if he’s being intentionally naive, or if he was just waiting things out, but he’s going to have this cloud hanging over him for a long time.

It’s no secret Hogan has a reputation as a major league bullshitter and a shameless self promoter. He’s got a long track record, so naturally a good amount of people are going to question the sincerity behind his words.

Hogan’s name is synonymous with WWE and pro wrestling, and you can’t just erase him, but silence and letting his actions speak louder than his words? That’s really the only option for Hogan, if he truly wants to be forgiven. But he’s just dumping more gasoline on a weakened fire with this brotherhood of wrestling stuff.

It almost seems like Hogan is taking it upon himself to speak for the entirety of his contemporaries that came up and worked in the industry the same time he did. The "Brotherhood" bit sounds more than a tad self-serving, in my opinion, as Hogan is asserting that if this were the old days, everyone would have accepted his apologies and moved on.

When it comes to Hogan's apology, I have no idea how sincere it was or wasn't. I don't live in the man's head so I don't know exactly what he thinks on...well anything and nobody else can other than Hogan. However, all this response does it make things worse by jacking up tensions that are already there even further. Instead of saying that it's essentially their problem or their own fault for not accepting his apology, Hogan could have gone a classy route and said something like:

"I'm genuinely sorry that so many are still angry with me and that I hurt so many people. I made a terrible mistake and said things that I'm truly ashamed of. I deserve the criticism I've gotten and I really hope I can find a way to prove myself to those I hurt and those who still have doubts even if it takes the rest of my life."

You can't just lash out at people, which is what this was in some respects, who're angry with you because they doubt the sincerity of your apology. It only makes you look petty and increases the negative perception some have of you. I mean...it's almost like Hogan walking up to Titus O'Neil and saying something like: "I know that you think I'm full of it brother, but I'm not so fuck you."

Again, I've no real way of knowing how sincere Hogan is or not but maybe there are ways to prove it rather than just by saying it. I'm sure lots of high schools full of kids would love to hear Hogan speak about this, what he's learned about himself, how important it is to own up to your mistakes rather than make excuses and to work to redeem yourself in the eyes of those you hurt. I'm sure college campuses would allow Hogan to hold a Q&A session with interested students so he could get their perspective as well, etc..

My point is that there are ways Hogan can go about this whole thing that make him seem like a lot less of a tool but what he's doing right now will only strengthen any disharmony among the wrestlers, and there are quite a bit more of them than he lets on if reports are true, who don't believe him.

Yeah but try to understand were he came from before judging.
No.

To "try and understand" Hogan's stance is to dismiss his shitty attitude, and a lame attempt to sweep all this under the rug. "Oh, that's just how things were" says that whole generations are invulnerable to critique. They're not. Hogan being stuck in an old school toxic fraternity mentality is his problem to correct, not anyone elses to accept.

Actually, let me double back. I understand where he's coming from, but no way does he deserve any empathy, No matter how badly Hogan wants to be a victim, he's not.

you people are just Hogan haters; always taking the worst from what he says and does, but I guess the unsuccessful will always hate on the successful... the reason you are all here to bitch about wrestling and enjoy the product as fans is directly because of this man... dont forget that and show him some damn respect.. He fucked up, hes human. Get over it.

so the guy is speaking about how it WAS; hes basically saying that the old school would've not been so butthurt over his comments regardless of wether they were racist or not. The speaks to our society in general, everybody so butthurt and SJW about every damn thing that we can even have actors pay gay or trans people anymore lol... but I digress....

"With great power, comes great responsibility." - that one Spider-Man movie.

We're all theorizing here, are we not? Speculation is fun, don't 'cha know.

Since all the ins and outs of whether or not Hogan should shut up have been discussed I'm gonna' speculate for a moment on why Hogan felt that it would be cool for him to flippantly throw the n-word around to (if I remember correctly) convey his annoyance that his daughter would date Black men.

The word "Brother" is an often used colloquialism in Ebonics to indicate a close friend or someone whom you greatly respect. It's also a word that juxtaposes damn near every sentence that Hogan speaks. "Brother, whatcha' gonna' do brother?" I also remember a comment from Stevie Ray -- who spoke while having full knowledge of what Hogan had said on the sex tape mind you -- where he described Hogan as "The Blackest White guy I've ever met in my life".

For some White people, a keen affinity with Afrocentrism is like being a member of a highly exclusive fraternity. Where some White people will shudder in place and tightly grasp their belongings when a Black person enters an elevator that they're on, some other White people are the extreme opposite and will embarrassingly exercise the idea that imitating mannerisms that they imagine are indicative of all Black people will make them accepted among the Black community. My opinion? Hogan is all over the fucking place.

My honest opinion on the n-word is that White people (like myself) will never be capable of understanding it, and this concept upsets and/or confuses a lot of White people. Some White people who seem to feel that they've crossed a non-existent bridge into a non-existent universe where they've obtained the exclusive right to toss the word around in the same manner that it's thrown around in rap music might use it occasionally with absolutely no repercussions. I don't think that Dennis Rodman would take it as an insult if Hogan called him his n-word, and I also don't think that the ability of a White person to use a Black friend as a proxy for the false belief that they're over the possibility of repercussions for using the n-word is conducive to being a well adjusted person.

So; I believe that Hogan is enduring this backlash with all the class of an Infowars correspondent because he can't comprehend living in a world where any of the negative consequences effecting him are caused by his thoughts or actions, and that even with plenty of Black friends and the blessing of being called the Blackest White man that Stevie Ray has ever met he's still a piece of shit for what he said on the sex tape.

you people are just Hogan haters; always taking the worst from what he says and does, but I guess the unsuccessful will always hate on the successful... the reason you are all here to bitch about wrestling and enjoy the product as fans is directly because of this man... dont forget that and show him some damn respect.. He fucked up, hes human. Get over it.

I liked Hogan before the tape. He was successful before the tape. After the tape, I no longer view him in the same light as before. I will get "over it" when he addresses it directly, makes no excuses, apologizes and shows that he is sorry. He has not done that.

Him being a successful wrestlers doesn't allow him to be racist.

so the guy is speaking about how it WAS; hes basically saying that the old school would've not been so butthurt over his comments regardless of wether they were racist or not. The speaks to our society in general, everybody so butthurt and SJW about every damn thing that we can even have actors pay gay or trans people anymore lol... but I digress....

He literally called himself a racist. Racism is bad. Racism shouldn't be defended. If you think people being mad over racism is SJW or PC then I'm afraid I've got some bad news. You're racist. I have no idea what that last part even says. I'm guessing you mean we don't allow straight people to play gay people. Which a straight guy plays a gay guy on Modern Family so no idea what you are going on about.

I don't hate Hogan, I feel sorry for him. And I have no idea what you mean by "taking the worst of what he says and does." When your name is well known, you have to be a tad more careful about what you say and do otherwise you will end up in a situation you might not like. Hogan yes has taken responsibility for what he said, myself I don't care anymore, but his contemporaries still might.

If Hogan wants respect then maybe just maybe he should respect himself and those around him, stop being looking for sympathy where there is none. Whether Hogan comes back onto TV or he doesn't, that's up to the WWE. I'm sure the fans will welcome him back unfortunately his legacy has been tainted and he's the one that did it to himself.

Last edited:

I don't hate Hogan. Hate is a very strong word.

What I don't like what he's said or how he's acted since his apology. If he were to man up and admit what he did and try to make amends to the people he's upset instead of excuses I'd be a fan again.

I'll be glad to see him back, If you don't like it don't watch it as I could care less who's feelings are hurt or who's safe space has been violated.
fact is it was said in a private conversation, Who hasn't said something in the heat of the moment in private and not meant it? He didn't release an official statement of racist views if he had I would agree with you, I agree with others sadly the world is just too whiny and pc now too many people looking for offence.

old lizardskin has an Ego?

Not Hoak Hogan!!!!

you just raped my childhood Huckster.....!!!!

and i'm still waiting for you to come down to the ring like you promised agianst the Nacho Man...

maybe you and Oldertaker and sting can have a walker on a pole match at the next WWE Blood Money in saudia arabia...

Users who are viewing this thread

Members online

No members online now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisxenforo
Back